Orochi
Orochi
Townie
Orochi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #332 (isolation #0) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:45 am

Post by Orochi »

Okay, first off, hey to everyone, glad to be here.

Secondly, I HAVE read through the thread, got myself caught up, noted a few things that caught my eye...

However, I have two problems right now. The first one is an admitted play weakness of mine that translates pretty badly to replacing into games. I tend not to have the best eye for things as an outside observer. The second is a splitting migraine that's making me want to get the hell away from the computer.

That said, having looked at my predecessor's work on day one, I'm not thrilled with what I've been left with, and I won't be too surprised to find myself under a lot of scrutiny throughout this day. I'm cool with that, so if you've got anything you want to throw at me, I'll respond to it as soon as my head stops hurting enough for me to bear sitting at a computer for more than a minute before going to lie down.

... which I'm off to do, right now.
Orochi
Orochi
Townie
Orochi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #351 (isolation #1) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:52 am

Post by Orochi »

podium123456 wrote:
Orochi wrote:The first one is an admitted play weakness of mine that translates pretty badly to replacing into games. I tend not to have the best eye for things as an outside observer.
I think that's a pretty common thing. It's very tough to replace into a game and be as interested/connected to it as if you had been playing from the start. I run into the same thing every time i look up meta on someone... after like the first two pages i say 'man this is boring' and stop. haha. I feel like i should replace into games more, because it really is helpful to the site... but so far i haven't been able to do it for fear of not giving a damn about the game once i get in.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

@ everyone.

Id say right now my strongest scumpick is teejay... followed by orochi (mallow). i question gonnano's cases against myself and sawyer... but (right now) i just dont feel that mafia would be trying to build a case on sawyer when teejay is such low hanging fruit. could be wrong, of course... he might be doing it for just that reason... still, i dunno.
True, actually. It's actually one of the major reasons I generally try to replace into games more often than I sign up from the start, try and train that problem out of myself. Plus, I generally feel like far more of a jackass if I have to replace back out of a game I already replaced into.

Of course, it's still not ideal, especially not when I spend the weekend celebrating my birthday, which just makes keeping myself caught up and thinking clearly a lot harder.

Anyways, help me out a little. I know I'm on a few lists here, but I'm apparently not the main tick on peoples radars right now, from what I'm seeing.

A couple of questions for the group.

1: I don't mind putting myself under scrutiny here, so since most of you were harbouring suspicions about my playerslot, what case, in your own words, would you make against me? The hope is that I can settle some doubts and get myself into the game at the same time, so I figure this is a good way for me to be productive.

2: Were you surprised by who was NKed during the night? Do you think Taz/Equinox would have been a major target for you during this day phase had they lived, given the nature of the hammer D1?

3: Looking at the person you're most suspicious of, who makes sense as a scum partner for them?

I'm trying to get a grasp of everyone's big picture assessment at this point.
Orochi
Orochi
Townie
Orochi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #366 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:17 am

Post by Orochi »

Something I wanted to consider for a minute, post 330 where Gonnano comments about my entry into the game in mallow's place, he comments that he couldn't even begin to guess what my
role
is. Not my alignment, my role. Phrasing doesn't feel right there. Already know my alignment and trying to figure out if I'm the nurse?

Also, this contradiction argument is just bugging me, all I'm reading at this point is a couple of guys looking for every dropped word to pick on without it really making any headway into being a convincing case on each other, it's distracting.

And as far as the claim goes... I'm on the fence with it, my standard MO is to avoid claiming unless absolutely necessary, so it's generally against my sensibilites, but I'll go with it if there's enough support.
Orochi
Orochi
Townie
Orochi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #385 (isolation #3) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:00 pm

Post by Orochi »

... And this was why I wanted to see who'd go along with the claim, and who'd say what.

Vote: Teejay

Consider that my counterclaim.

Return to “Completed Open Games”