Open 279 - Rusty Guillotine Mafia - Game Over!

Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1528 (isolation #0) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:17 am

Post by Maemuki »

Heya guys. First things first:

UNVOTE: VP Baltar

Second, this is a 62 page game and we're 2 days away from deadline.
@Mod: Can we get a deadline extension?
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1531 (isolation #1) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:26 am

Post by Maemuki »

Jarti wrote:Percy/Sim/Conci all feel like underdeveloped, shaky reads. None of them stick out as town-motivated to me. Percy looks like he just sets out to dismantle/go against the largest wagons when town might actually be getting somewhere. Sim's stance on ythill in his ISO 1 looks like a faked sense of urgency. Last lines of Conci ISO #11 and #12 both suck. #11 is a classic line 'I'm gonna flip town you scum!' but doesn't really acknowledge he wouldn't die until day 2 anyway and I wouldn't expect that same line in this set-up. #12 is just a callout for the sake of; took about 30 mindless seconds to place decorations around my town/scum list after I made it.

Luck has time to make giant walls, but avoids my point out of his select wagon usage in #427. Instead of explaining he immediately goes for an attack on my previous posts in #430, ignoring #427. Speaking of which, you gave the impression you were willing to vote RC at that time Luck. Thus I was motivated to see if I could get your vote to go there. Alas, throughout the game you've remained stagnant as a only-votes-top-suspect player based on your voting pattern.

AGM & RC feel very connected to me. Most recently AGM going for a different counterwagon (even though it would be a good one) when the RC counterwagon begins. AGM I feel has been a lot more careless with his vote than when I'd expect from seeing his town play before. His 'spearhead every wagon' comment to VPB screams scum to me. Also see earlier jarti posts on him. Also see earlier jarti 5 for RC/AGM vibes. RC's ISO 15 'sentence to sentence' response to ythill reeks as well.

split up for your benefit!
^ I don't even know what the questions are, but that's probrably what he meant. You can always repost the questions and I'll try to answer them , though.
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1533 (isolation #2) » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:45 am

Post by Maemuki »

Okay, so what was the question? (No, I haven't finished skimming the thread yet. Isn't it obvious?)
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1539 (isolation #3) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:15 am

Post by Maemuki »

As I can't really explain Jarti's exact motives...I'll try. Even if I technically only read half the thread.

1) Breaking news: town may also be disconnected from the game. If they don't find anything interesting in the game, they might just come once in a while in order to avoid replacement. I don't think Jarti was really taking this game seriously.
2) The easy mode comment really doesn't strike me as scummy. It's just a way to say: "Lynch this guy today, this one tomorrow and then we've almost won.". Mind to explain this one better?
3) I think I'm starting to see a pattern here. Blatant misrepresentation is blatant. After all, heaven forbid players actually being FRIENDLY in this game, right guys? While "good guy" could be seen as buddying, trying to convince someone to vote...whoever, I don't really remember, with a metaphor isn't exactly the same. Elaborate, please.
4) As for the "ignoring comments" one, read number 1. It would explain a lot, including his wagon-happy behavior.
5) I don't see how the hell "attacking someone" is a scumtell. ON PAGE 5. This is just ughhh.

If I missed something, apologies in advance. Now to keep on skimming the thread...ugh.
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1555 (isolation #4) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:27 pm

Post by Maemuki »

Nah, it's Sparta. I don't really agree with the VPB wagon, since I have a slightly-town read on him, but meh. Also, Luck's case on VPB would only make sense if scum never bussed. At all. Ever. While that is possible, it's highly unlikely. Can't really say the same from the other cases, however, since I didn't read them yet.

By the way, you never really answered my reply to your case on Jarti, but whatever.
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1564 (isolation #5) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:52 am

Post by Maemuki »

And it's not like I have real life to prevent me from reading half this thread. No sir!

You want me to random vote? Fine. Then, tomorrow, don't come whining at me that I didn't give any reasons. Because I don't fucking have them.

Vote: Fate
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1574 (isolation #6) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:05 am

Post by Maemuki »

VP Baltar wrote:Mae, fate is town and today is deadline. I don't think it's a good day for spite voting because he's being pushy.
Really? Then why don't you show me a better option? Because believe me, I would do something other than this if I had the time to, but everybody seems to underestimate just how damn long this game is. RC attacks me because I have a life, Fate attacks me for god-knows-what, and everybody else is like "eh".

Honestly, all I want to is that night comes soon so I can finally have some time off and see if my reads are crap or not (also knowing if SD was scum or not would be a nice touch). And you know what's worse? I actually, to the point I've read on the thread (which would be like page 32 or something along those lines), have a town read on Fate. (The vote was more of a venting vote. I still don't get his hate on me though.) And VPB. I'm not really sure about RC. Also, if I'm wrong on Fate & VPB, they're probrably not scum together. It would be way too obvious, scum would never risk something like that.

I'll skim the rest of the thread in just a bit, but let me warn you -- my reads will be around 98% certified bullshit. *sigh* Until I do so...

Unvote.
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1604 (isolation #7) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:38 am

Post by Maemuki »

Vigilante Ventriloquist wrote:

Fate > AGM > RC

and of course there
nooooooo
possible way Concission is scum, right? It just wouldn't make any sense for someone THAT scummy to be anything but town! THIS. GAME.
This game indeed, if you think Concission is scum...then VOTE FOR CONCISSION. Or at least put him on your scumlist. Setting up an easy lynch, anyone?

Yeesh, I don't even get you anymore.

Okay, we're not lynching Fate today, sorry guys. He's probrably town. I'm a little more conflicted on VPB, but I still won't lynch him today.

I'd love to lynch VV, but there's not enough people to do that, are there? Concission is just ughhh. LuckayLuck seemed mostly town 'till he went from tunneling on me to scoring on the most popular lynches. Both of them, at that. I don't think we should lynch AGM today until SD has flipped.
As for RedCoyote...well. Most of his early posts read scum but some of the later ones read frustrated town. It's a bit confusing.

On the other hand, Fate & VPB have been leading the town a lot...however, I don't think they'd try something this risky as scum.

Yes, I do realize I spent a lot of words basically describing that I have no reads. As for the reasoning, it's mostly gut, I'll admit.

So, tl;dr, in no particular order:

Town:
Zoraster (seriously the only person that I didn't second-guess my read on.)

Neutral:
Fate (I'm so divided on Fate it's not even funny, really. I'm leaning town at the moment, though.)
VPB (town-ish, more like it)
LuckayLuke (He'd be higher if it wasn't for the sudden change of heart on me. Also not addressing my response.)
crypto (True neutral. He'd be higher on this list if it wasn't for lurking.)
AGM (Depends on SD's flip.)
RedCoyote (I just can't read the guy. Anybody can point me at the case on him, since I've missed it?)

Scum:
VV (complete lack of coherence. Sorry, that's just not scumhunting for me.)
Concission (lack of content and more which I don't feel like looking up.)

Seriously, nobody wants to lynch VV instead? No? Ugh, fine. VV, I know. I'm second-guessing my reads enough as it is, though. I don't really need you to put fuel in the fire.

In the worst-case scenario, I'll vote RedCoyote over Fate. If only I could get a damn consistent read...
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1617 (isolation #8) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:57 am

Post by Maemuki »

So you talk about Fate's caps-locking.

Now, let's see:

>Gut is a big part of Mafia. Yes, it's reasonless, mostly. Yours is completely justified, though. I mean, you also contradict yourself, you call people scum yet you make a scum-list without them...I could go on.
>I don't have the time to reread and put my reads in the right place! We have either 3 or 2 hours to deadline- my Internet's too crappy to check - yet you expect me to have solid reads? It took me enough time to do read the thread and do that piece of crap - yes, I admit it's bullshit. Several times in fact. Seems you were a bit busy to notice it, isn't it?
>Also, you make a scumlist without a person you've called scummy for ages. Good job misrepresenting that. And that's not scummy at all, no sir!
>I'd vote for you, but again, deadline. There's no way a wagon on you would build now - but I wish it could.
>Allow me to introduce you to bussing.
>Fine, if you want me to generalize:

Town:
Zoraster
Fate
VBP

Neutral:
Everybody else

Scum:
VV
Concission

Are you quite finished yet?!

No, wait, let me explain it with caps SINCE THAT'S ALL YOU READ:
Vigilante Ventriloquist wrote:[

Fate > AGM > RC
I SEE NO CONCISSION
THERE'S NO CONCISSION
WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU VOTE FOR SOMEONE YOU'RE NOT SURE IS SCUM OVER SOMEONE YOU'RE ALMOST SURE IS
NO, BEING REPLACED IS NOT AN EXCUSE SINCE IT'S STILL THE SAME SLOT

Understood?
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1655 (isolation #9) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:53 am

Post by Maemuki »

I'm in for a Concission wagon, since that's probrably one of the few things I really know about this game. Anybody else?
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1663 (isolation #10) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:06 am

Post by Maemuki »

Vote: Concission

Actually, I'm going to sleep now. Don't expect any other posts from me -- even if they do come, don't expect them to be coherent.
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1710 (isolation #11) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:42 am

Post by Maemuki »

I'm posting on my phone right now, but rest assured -- I do actually have reads at this point that aren't bullcrap. Unfortunately, the post is in my computer, so you might have to wait until tomorrow afternoon. Sorry for the inconvinience.

Return to “Completed Open Games”