Open 340: The Donner Party (Game Over: Agatha eats well)

MrStrife
MrStrife
Goon
MrStrife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:05 am

Post by MrStrife »

/confirm

I find kdowns' and SodaSpirit's confirmations very interesting. Will vote one of the two of them once the game begins.
MrStrife
MrStrife
Goon
MrStrife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:08 am

Post by MrStrife »

In post 6, SleepyKrew wrote:Strife, why'd you say that out loud? *groan*

I have reasons. Not sharing them at this time.
MrStrife
MrStrife
Goon
MrStrife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #2) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:26 am

Post by MrStrife »

In post 8, SleepyKrew wrote:I know exactly what your reasons are. And you shouldve kept them to yourself until Daystart.

Why?
MrStrife
MrStrife
Goon
MrStrife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #3) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:35 am

Post by MrStrife »

In post 11, SleepyKrew wrote:Because now the others know.

Assuming I'm correct, town have no benefit in not knowing. In fact, sharp-eyed town should already. And do you honestly believe that scum wouldn't have caught it immediately afterwards?

I dislike that you asked that question. But at the moment, I don't wish to discuss the matter further.
MrStrife
MrStrife
Goon
MrStrife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #4) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:15 pm

Post by MrStrife »

I'm sorry Sleepy, that really sucks.

But, I'd appreciate it if we didn't spam the game while its confirming. Thanks.
MrStrife
MrStrife
Goon
MrStrife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (isolation #5) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:53 am

Post by MrStrife »

The meta argument against Thomith is a wretched hive of scum and villiany.

SleepyKrew, why did you continue to push the confirmation issue after I basically stated I didn't want to discuss it ATM? Give me your thought process.
MrStrife
MrStrife
Goon
MrStrife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #6) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:04 am

Post by MrStrife »

When I said this:
In post 7, MrStrife wrote:
In post 6, SleepyKrew wrote:Strife, why'd you say that out loud? *groan*

I have reasons. Not sharing them at this time.

You said this:
In post 8, SleepyKrew wrote:I know exactly what your reasons are. And you shouldve kept them to yourself until Daystart.

When I said this:

In post 13, MrStrife wrote:
In post 11, SleepyKrew wrote:Because now the others know.

Assuming I'm correct, town have no benefit in not knowing. In fact, sharp-eyed town should already. And do you honestly believe that scum wouldn't have caught it immediately afterwards?

I dislike that you asked that question. But at the moment, I don't wish to discuss the matter further.

You said this:
In post 14, SleepyKrew wrote:
Strife, there are THREE of them. We had a chance at all 3.

I kept saying that I didn't want to discuss it, yet despite that, you kept trying to discuss the issue with me.

And why did you ask the mod whether those confirms were legitimate when you did?
MrStrife
MrStrife
Goon
MrStrife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #7) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:21 am

Post by MrStrife »

In post 79, SleepyKrew wrote:You asked if I thought scum wouldn't have caught it immediately.
I pointed out that only 2 people had confirmed wrong, so we still had a chance at catching all 3 if you kept your mouth shut.

It was rhetorical. And notice how I said that I didn't want to discuss the matter further at the end of that post. And that doesn't explain the rationale behind post #8.

In post 79, SleepyKrew wrote:I asked the mod becase their names were bolded in the OP.

So, did you believe that they were scum due to the confirmations before you clarified with the mod?
MrStrife
MrStrife
Goon
MrStrife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #8) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:26 am

Post by MrStrife »

In post 81, SleepyKrew wrote:
Quite possibly.

If you thought they were scum, why didn't you see if they responded before you asked?

Also, those confirmations were never a scum tell. Your behavior might be.
MrStrife
MrStrife
Goon
MrStrife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #9) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:35 am

Post by MrStrife »

In post 83, SleepyKrew wrote:Responded? With... what? To what? What?

To my claim that there confirmations were "interesting", or my intent to vote them. Surely you would expect somebody to respond to something that agressive in the confirmation stage? Or players other than the three of you could have responded to my post. Did you not believe that was possible/likely? Why?

In post 83, SleepyKrew wrote:So you lied earlier? Why "might" my play be a scumtell?

I never explicitly stated that they were scum because of their confirmations. However, it was a lie by omission. I will explain after I've decided that there is no longer a benefit to keeping it secret- probably after this back-and-forth has stopped being useful.

Your play "might" be a scumtell because I want to get more insight into your thought processes before I decide.
MrStrife
MrStrife
Goon
MrStrife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #10) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:11 am

Post by MrStrife »

I see. 'kay. I'll be blunt then.

My whole purpose in making that comment was to draw reactions out of players, get commentary, essentially knock us out of the RVS before the game had even begun. However, you then proceeded to attempt to push the issue with me, and then asked the mod whether or not the confirmations were legitimate- essentially cutting off any sort of discussion before it had begun. I want to understand exactly why you did those two things.
MrStrife
MrStrife
Goon
MrStrife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (isolation #11) » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:11 pm

Post by MrStrife »

In post 88, SleepyKrew wrote:I was telling you off for bringing up the issue before everyone confirmed, then answered a question.

I felt it was clearly a rhetorical question. Perhaps I am wrong. I am more concerned as to why you would feel the did to tell me off, when I had explained that I had a reason for saying what I did IN THE THREAD, and that I wanted to keep it secret at that time. I would actually like an impartial observer to look back at those posts and say that I was this unclear.

In post 88, SleepyKrew wrote:I asked if they were good confirmations because I wanted to see if they were good confirmations.

And I don't get why you would do that before the two who made the bad confirmations actually responded. If they didn't respond, fine. But do you disagree that there was a chance that they would? Or that other people would respond to my comment? And thus possibly generate discussion? If the mod explained first, fine. I don't see why you felt the need to cut off any opportunity for a possible area of discussion.

In post 88, SleepyKrew wrote:Your method would not knock us out of RVS, not at all.

Explain it to me like I was a 4-year old. How would my idea not knock us out of the RVS?

Vote: SleepyKrew

The meta case is simply bad. You're working off a sample size of a single response in a single game. The responses aren't particularly different, and I don't feel that you have adequately explained how they are. If you have, quote those posts. I can't seem to find them.

I was trying to get insight into your thought process, and you continually shut me down, and in the end, your responses simply became "You're WRONG", without explaining why.
MrStrife
MrStrife
Goon
MrStrife
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:51 pm

Post by MrStrife »

In post 121, SleepyKrew wrote:Well I'd say that was a successful gambit.
cjdrum + Jon + ???
Strife, if you still want me to, I'll respond to your wall-o-fun later.

Thank you for mocking me. That was completely necessary. But, you don't have to respond to my post. I completely disagree with your responses, and still find you somewhat scummy for your early content, which I may detail again at a later time. But for now here's my question. Explain, in detail, how your gambit was different from mine, which, according to you:

In post 88, SleepyKrew wrote:Your method would not knock us out of RVS, not at all.

Because I don't see any difference at all, if you hadn't completely cut my plan off before it began. But,
unvote
. There are bigger scum to fry.

In post 120, Thomith wrote:
sleepykrew wrote:I pointed out that only 2 people had confirmed wrong, so we still had a chance at catching all 3 if you kept your mouth shut.

How does this have anything to do with being scummy?

The reasoning itself (even if misunderstanding my point) isn't what really makes him scummy. What makes him scummy are his sharp, declaratory sentences, after I asked him to let me in on his thought process. I was asking him to explain what he was thinking step-by-step, so I could get into his head, and therefore get a better read. He refused to do so.

Spoiler: Quick Catch-up post
In post 106, cjdrum wrote:Vote: thomith because I guess I believe SK.

Why? Exactly what has he said that you find convincing?

In post 124, JonWJ007 wrote:I was just following his vote, coz i decided to skip and NOT READ all those shit before the game started on confirmation stage.

This is terribad. Town should be reading as much as they can, because they want to get as much information as possible. I can see skipping the spam, but there is plenty of content in those 4 pages, that you can completely ignoring.

[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 1#p3471131]
UNVOTE:
VOTE: SleepyKrew
for doing so and suggesting I'm scum.[/quote]

Cool OMGUS bro.

Vote: cjdrum

Guys, at least Jon has responded and to some degree is interacting. CJdrum just popped in, bandwagoned, and then completely disappeared.

Return to “Completed Open Games”