Remembering Sunday
Townie
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (isolation #0) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:31 pm

Post by Remembering Sunday »

VOTE: Siveure DtTrikyp

Becuase that's a name I don't want to try and remember.
Remembering Sunday
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (isolation #1) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:08 pm

Any more than that or just no?
What was it Shakespeare said? He basically said something about how there are more things there then there are actual things that you can see with your eyes.......that's not the exact quote.
Remembering Sunday
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (isolation #2) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:49 pm

In post 26, Kmd4390 wrote:Zach's post was a clear joke that, if said seriously, would confirm him as scum. Whiskers voted him for it and called it serious. Bojo jumped right on that and used Whiskers' implied reasons as if Bojo came up with them on their own. It's too fake.

While I agree that it looks like a 100% joke post, in my last game I got lynched for making a post that didn't even suggest I was scum but was a joke. Some people around here seem unable to believe town make joke posts so Whiskers and Bojos reactions don't surprise me even though I think they're wrong.
What was it Shakespeare said? He basically said something about how there are more things there then there are actual things that you can see with your eyes.......that's not the exact quote.
Remembering Sunday
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Townie

Post Post #107 (isolation #3) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:55 pm

Is fuzzy always this stupid? :mrgreen:
Remembering Sunday
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Townie

Post Post #129 (isolation #4) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:04 pm

Surely the same reason everyone picked their number, to get a good position in the draft?
Remembering Sunday
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Townie

Post Post #131 (isolation #5) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:18 pm

Because the idea is to pick a unique number. I could've picked 122 and still got the same position.
Remembering Sunday
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Townie

Post Post #133 (isolation #6) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:27 pm

Well yes. It's a game of chicken essentially isn't it. If I pick 1, the lowest possible number then I'm guaranteed to get first pick, unless someone else picks it. So perhaps I'll pick 2, but surely someone else is going through the same process as me so again I'll get bumped down, so perhaps 3 and it goes on and on.

If you want the exact thought process. There's what 14 players? I figured if people were going to go higher with their choices it would be numbers just above the number in the game - 15/16/17. So I went a little bit higher. Odd/prime numbers tend to be picked more when people choose a "random" number so I went for even.
Remembering Sunday
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (isolation #7) » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:50 pm

Not quite sure what Hoops is getting at but it sounds like a compliment, I'm really not sure though.

As for my reads, I tend not to be the best at reading Day 1 actions but for me Fuzzy isn't sitting right. His continued asking questions about the setup as if he doesn't know what he's doing, it's not hard to understand if you read it through once or twice. Just seems he's trying a little too hard to make us think he doesn't know whats up and a very early VT claim.
Remembering Sunday
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Townie

Post Post #186 (isolation #8) » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:02 pm

I think we can. Been a bit busy with it being Easter and my birthday, will have a read soon.
Remembering Sunday
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Townie

Post Post #216 (isolation #9) » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:55 pm

In post 142, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:Hoopla, someone with past experience of the game would (me). But I'm not scum, so yeah.

Eh, sheep hoopla YAY.

VOTE: safetydance

In post 214, Whiskers wrote:
In post 209, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:
In post 159, Syryana wrote:I could have picked 3 because my scumpartners Elyse and Salamence picked 1 and 2, respectively.

Um, syryana is town because this.

In post 211, Siveure DtTrikyp wrote:Um, the basic assumption of it is that scum have patterns linking them - which is a town thought. Also, in actuality, the basic scum instinct is to do the complete opposite of that example.

Yeah, in fact, the post you quoted was Syryana saying we shouldn't discuss those assumtions, patters, etc-- because they are WIFOM and not useful to analyse at this point.

Trying to derail the wagon based on something you may not have read, and certainly didn't comprehend? Or-- Something you intentionally took out of context to change the meaning?
Now you too, are scummy.

Right, having had a good read through finally I thought my vote was likely to change, the two posts above have lead me to believe it's actually in the right place, however I don't think a SDT wagon is going to take off, if it does I'll get back on it. For now I'm going to change to

VOTE: SafetyDance

Just a terrible OTT reaction to what was it, one vote at the time? Perhaps he would be more cautious if he were scum, not sure. But there was definitely no reason to get so uptight over it.
Remembering Sunday
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Townie

Post Post #239 (isolation #10) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:16 am

Well that's just typical really isn't it? Take my vote away from SDT because despite me leaving it there since the start no wagon has formed and the next thing you know he has 2 votes.
Remembering Sunday
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Townie

Post Post #241 (isolation #11) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:33 am

In post 229, SafetyDance wrote:
Rank opportunism to join an established wagon.

How do you know an SDT wagon wont take off? I'm happy to put my vote there.

Vote: Siveure DtTrikyp

Well I've had my vote on him since the beginning and nobody had jumped on, only now you see a chance to get another wagon rolling you're quite keen to do so.

As for the "opportunism" on joining a wagon, I think it's better my vote is somewhere it can make a difference rather than hiding away on someone it's not going to bother, like it was. Are you going to react like this every time someone votes for you btw? I was surprised you didn't vote for me in retaliation.

I think both SD and SDT are plenty scummy so not bothered which we lynch today.
Remembering Sunday
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Townie

Post Post #242 (isolation #12) » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:34 am

Should have refreshed before I posted. Hopefully that addresses your question though Sy.
Remembering Sunday
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Townie

Post Post #282 (isolation #13) » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:32 am

HD coming in and making an effort to appear town, I don't think Whiskers wants essay style answers but perhaps more than a few words about why you think someone is scum/town.
Remembering Sunday
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Townie

Post Post #387 (isolation #14) » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:58 pm

So is he gone or L-1?
Remembering Sunday
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Townie

Post Post #462 (isolation #15) » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:59 am

Need to catch up after work today, give me 12 hours or so.
Remembering Sunday
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Townie

Post Post #481 (isolation #16) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:25 am

Apologies for working a 10 hour shift and then wanting to come home and sleep instead making this my 1st priority, I'll get that reading done now Johnny.
Remembering Sunday
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Townie

Post Post #489 (isolation #17) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:17 am

In post 406, fuzzybutternut wrote:So...wait, 2 scum have died, that means there are two more? [confused]

In post 400, JohnnyFarrar wrote:2. it's 9v2 unless one of the scum defected

Ok first two posts that look off to me, I've said about fuzzy before but I don't see how it's that hard to work out. It quite clearly says in the 2nd post, right at the top - 3 scum. I don't see the motivation to
try
and look like you don't know what you're doing as town, unless you don't want scum to see you as a good kill candidate. As scum however it makes more sense. Johnny I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt to because his posts are generally good so I could believe it was a mistake. I can't help but feel it's all an act with fuzzy though.

In post 485, Human Destroyer wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Elyse

I don't like her vote on the wagon; she never expressed any suspicion of Johnny prior to today, there's no buildup to it. She just sort of plopped a vote on him based on a silly not-really-a-scumtell.

And, though Whiskers already pointed this out, she seemed pretty quick to unvote when called out.

And and, she seems lurkier than usual.

I don't know about the last part, but the rest is bang on the money. The bit that sticks out to me is Johnny's "town" reaction, the reaction itself I don't have a problem with, he is right. Given the situation we can more than afford (and probably will end up) to lynch town today, but just because he's right doesn't mean he isn't scum. Such a calm reaction might be what you expect from town but I think in this situation it's the best reaction from scum as well, one because it's going to appear pretty town and two because with the odds stacked so heavily against them so early it probably isn't far from the truth. I imagine it's going to be a long and lonely game for the remaining scum if they make it past the next few days.

Pre-Edit: SDT makes a very good point, would scum double up on 1's? Makes zero sense unless they did it to appear town but is the towncred really worth it over a PR? I don't believe it is.

With that in mind I'll -

VOTE: fuzzy

I just don't believe anyone can
genuinely
be that clueless about the setup, whether it's a town act or a scum act I'm unsure but I don't like it.
Remembering Sunday
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Townie

Post Post #492 (isolation #18) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:27 am

In post 490, Human Destroyer wrote:oh god you're scum aren't you

that fuzzy vote is shit

In fairness I was about to vote for Elyse but SDT's post completely changed my mind.

So explain fuzzy's actions to me, is he always as clueless as he appears? If not then what is the motivation for doing so?
Remembering Sunday
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Townie

Post Post #495 (isolation #19) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:38 am

In post 493, Human Destroyer wrote:
In post 342, Human Destroyer wrote:Fuzzy is 2dumb4scum because, if I'm correct, scum would have to have taught fuzzy the setup so that they could plan out their strategy, therefore, his setup ignorance is a towntell, and one I don't think he has the capacity to fake.

You don't think it's at all possible he's fully aware of the setup and is faking his clueless-ness?

I think I tend to be a bit cautious of these types because the first game of mafia I played (on another site) One of the scum spent the entire game posting like a 5 year old, with terrible grammar/spelling and generally appearing not to have a clue and he ended up winning them the game because nobody believed he could possibly be smart enough to be playing us all and obviously it turned out he was a perfectly ordinary, intelligent human being and was playing us the whole time.
Remembering Sunday
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Townie

Post Post #595 (isolation #20) » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:34 am

In post 589, Human Destroyer wrote:nope, he disappeared after arguing against me about why I thought fuzzy was basically conf-town

Was I arguing? You said my vote was a bad one, I wanted to know why. fuzzy's actions seem off to me but hey I'm not a pro like the rest of you.

In post 588, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Has RS claimed yet?

Haven't claimed a PR no, because I don't have one. So I guess that's me claiming VT right there. If you guys are working through the list of suspects, I was apparently getting lynched tomorrow anyway. Kill me today, kill me tomorrow, I don't mind because I don't have a role useful to the town and with only one scum to find it's only a matter of time before this game is over anyway so my interest has admittedly dropped off significantly.
Remembering Sunday
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Townie

Post Post #599 (isolation #21) » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:40 am

I went for JK
Remembering Sunday
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Townie

Post Post #663 (isolation #22) » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:40 pm

Haven't you guys lynched me yet? Don't worry about it HD, get your vote back on me and lets get this over with.
Remembering Sunday
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Remembering Sunday
Townie
Townie

Post Post #673 (isolation #23) » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:12 pm

Yep congrats guys and gals.

Return to “Completed Open Games”