The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (isolation #0) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:33 pm

Post by The Acting Method »

Okay, I'm finally here. Interesting so far... This is a game where being mislynched is something to be concerned about...

And if any of you pulls a stupid gambit to "lure out scum" and it involves claiming scum... I WILL end you. And report you for playing against your win condition.

(I believe it was a previous Polygamist game I was in where a townie did what I just described... I'm still upset about that.)

Also why is it that whenever I'm in a lovers game, my partner barely talks to me in the qt.

No scumspects yet but they will show up.
All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.

Theater Season Mafia STARTING SOON!!!!
The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (isolation #1) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:31 pm

Orcinus, and you couldn't have done this pregame? Gathered all of the neccesary meta and ideas before hand? Your meta excuse seems a bit sloppy... I can kind of accept the reaction test stuff though. Kind of, as in, reaction testing in Polygamist can be unwise and again, I refer to the game I played where town claimed scum and got themselves lynched.

Orc... OMGUS is maybe the wrong word, but your vote with no reason just for saying "Interesting" Looks scummy.

For one thing, you could be scum pouting about not being able to talk to your buddies in the day.

Please note that someone else used OMGUS to describe your vote before Fferllyt... and you didn't react then.

The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (isolation #2) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:58 pm

81, 81, 81... Orc, it seems to pretty much everyone reading the thread whose commented on it, your vote for fferyllt looked like a scummy OMGUS. Which he responded to by going "Okay then, your scum."

Marangal intended her comment that way.

And Marangal, No, Town won that game... This was a game that town lost... on Mafia scum. Not our home site.

And Orc, My narration sounds like a pretty accurate representation of how your posts appeared.

You made a post, Ffer quoted it and said interesting. You responded by voting him with no reason given, (natural thought: He's OMGUSing) fferyllt's reaction was probably "That's a scummy response to a single post." She was also probably seeing you as a badly reacting caught out scum.

The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (isolation #3) » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:26 pm

In post 89, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
TAM wrote: My narration

Wait where is this narration?

What ever you are referring to in the bolded of the quoted post below.

In post 74, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:You people.

I exchanged 3 messages with my partner in pregame, we bought meta up but not specifics.

My initial vote on ff was a RV, because I saw that she was online and I reckoned that we could have a live-time conversation for a while which i find all too useful (since scum don't have time to mask their posts). That, and "interesting" is a pretty cruddy post.

Spin your narratives with evidence please

Maraganal didn't describe my vote as OMGUS, she described ff's reaction to my vote OMGUS, which is how it should be read.

Last line already disproven.

In post 86, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 83, Ms Marangal wrote:you mean the post where I called Orci out for OMGUS? I had assumed the same thing you assumed in regards to Orci's vote

and I'm not exactly thrilled with FF's response to you either, never said I was.

So since nobody can explain how "interesting" was supposed to equate to "scum", I'm still not sure how my vote could be seen as anything other than RV.

So Marangal, why were you going after me and not FF?

I've been muling TAM's post over in my head. It looks like opportunistic scum because none of the points really hold.
Okay, let me explain because you didn't seem to get it.
Fferllyt said "interesting" in regards to a post from you where you expressed shock that the town didn't get talk with their lovers during the day. Fferllyt found your reaction interesting, which it was, I didn't really see a town tell from it and it seemed forced. As far as I can tell, your next move was to vote Fferllyt, presumably because you saw that fferllyt thought you had an interesting post. It is your REACTION, the sudden vote for no reason, that makes you seem scummy. You seem from that vote to be afraid Fferyllt has noticed something and you are trying to escape it.

In post 86, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
The Acting Method wrote:Orcinus, and you couldn't have done this pregame? Gathered all of the neccesary meta and ideas before hand? Your meta excuse seems a bit sloppy... I can kind of accept the reaction test stuff though. Kind of, as in, reaction testing in Polygamist can be unwise and again, I refer to the game I played where town claimed scum and got themselves lynched.

Orc... OMGUS is maybe the wrong word, but your vote with no reason just for saying "Interesting" Looks scummy.

For one thing, you could be scum pouting about not being able to talk to your buddies in the day.

Please note that someone else used OMGUS to describe your vote before Fferllyt... and you didn't react then.

First off, I obviously didn't know that the QT would be locked, so I obviously didn't do it pregame. I don't get how meta excuse looks sloppy and that needs to be explained.

Why does everyone think it was a serious vote, I didn't even put anything else in that post

Yes, and you could be a duck who's very lucky at hitting keys on the keyboard so I don't really understand that sentence. I could be a lot of things. It's your job to use evidence to prove that I'm one of them.

I can live with the last sentence, and I don't understand how everybody's been seeing this conversation from a different viewpoint as me, but whatever.

I'd have to read the meta excuse again to clear that up, but I find it interesting you ignore my point on reaction testing. In any case, We only have your word to go on that you didn't know the QT would be locked. Or that you talked to your lover. (slight contradiction in what you have said anyone?)
Oh look, I give an explanation on how your post might be "interesting" and scummy. I use a hypothetical yes but I still make the point of why it would be "interesting" and scum worhty.

In post 87, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 84, fferyllt wrote:I was trying to get a reaction, orcinus. your post looked almost too breezy and "oh my what's going on?" it was enough to perk my interest. From my perspective, my one word comment drew a vote from you. An almost instantaneous vote. That looked like an overreaction. Scum often either overreact or under-react to unexpected attention. So my initial reaction was "what have we here? Scum?"

Your posts after that gave me reason to reevaluate, hence my backing off my initial concern about your vote.

An /overreaction/

/Really/

I'm better as scum than you give me credit.

But anyways I think this was a shitfest of misunderstanding.
In post 85, The Acting Method wrote:81, 81, 81... Orc, it seems to pretty much everyone reading the thread whose commented on it, your vote for fferyllt looked like a scummy OMGUS. Which he responded to by going "Okay then, your scum."
Ad populum, but okay sure

Marangal intended her comment that way.
Sure

And Marangal, No, Town won that game... This was a game that town lost... on Mafia scum. Not our home site.

And Orc, My narration sounds like a pretty accurate representation of how your posts appeared.
Well, no.

You made a post, Ffer quoted it and said interesting. You responded by voting him with no reason given, (natural thought: He's OMGUSing) fferyllt's reaction was probably "That's a scummy response to a single post." She was also probably seeing you as a badly reacting caught out scum.
The post was good until now. How was I "caught out"?

Umm, Orc, please note that You are the only person who is saying they appear otherwise. Since then it's improved but...

That's why it's a badly reacting caught out scum... You believed yourself caught out, you responded in a manner to indicate that your nervous. throwing more suspicion on others.

The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (isolation #4) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:08 am

I didn't see that she had, I'll get that game soon.

Also, Orc, Please stop discrediting my post of the narrative when I DO have people who made the same interpretation. Call it a gut reaction and interpreting of others posts. Plus having played this game before.

Fact: You have said that you spoke to your partner last night and that you had no idea that you wouldn't get your quick topic during the day?
How did a: That question not come up in the qt? and b: you not think to check and make sure with the mod?
Also, as far as I'm concerned, you could be lying about one or the other of these things, or both.

Fact: Marangal has said she thought you were OMGUSing fferyllt.
Now as you admit it seems a little weak and baseless, HOWEVER, that's why you can use it as an attack on the only person whose willing to question you about it.

Right now Orc, I don't think you are the scummiest player out there, and I'd rather go after a completely silent player... However you are on my radar, and I know how reliable Marangal's reads on me can be.

Also here's the game: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=22599

The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (isolation #5) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:32 pm

In post 129, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 105, The Acting Method wrote:
Also, Orc, Please stop discrediting my post of the narrative when I DO have people who made the same interpretation. Call it a gut reaction and interpreting of others posts. Plus having played this game before.
Show me where anyone else also said that:
"you could be scum pouting about not being able to talk to your buddies in the day"
Go.

That wasn't the part I was referring too. That isn't a part of the "Narrative" either. People HAVE agreed that they thought the vote you made was OMGUS (which brings of the 5 who have commented 3-2, four if you want to include the implications from fud.)

Fact: You have said that you spoke to your partner last night and that you had no idea that you wouldn't get your quick topic during the day?
How did a: That question not come up in the qt? and b: you not think to check and make sure with the mod?
Also, as far as I'm concerned, you could be lying about one or the other of these things, or both.

I don't know, it didn't occur to me at the time????

The fact that you're even trying to use this to get at my alignment is weak as hell.

Fact: Marangal has said she thought you were OMGUSing fferyllt.
Now as you admit it seems a little weak and baseless, HOWEVER, that's why you can use it as an attack on the only person whose willing to question you about it.

What? I don't understand this sentence.

Okay let me boil this down for you.
You have said that the idea of you OMGUSing Fferyllt for saying Interesting is a weak and has no baisis (this whole argument has been basically me arguing the point that, ummm no, it's plausible that could be a scum reaction.) But, being as I am the only person whose actually questioned you fully on your explination... You're using it to attack me.

Right now Orc, I don't think you are the scummiest player out there, and I'd rather go after a completely silent player... However you are on my radar, and I know how reliable Marangal's reads on me can be.

Why don't I rephrase this for you.

"Right now, Orc, I don't really think I want to engage with you because I really don't have a case on you, and my bandwagoning got caught out which makes me sad. I don't really want to engage with you, so I want to put my suspicion on inactive players, who can't question me like you are doing. I think completely silent players look like easy targets. Yeah, I think they're scummy."

This is hilarious, this is hilarious... And let me tell you why?

I want to put my suspicion on inactive players, who can't question me like you are doing. I think completely silent players look like easy targets. Yeah, I think they're scummy.

Please read any game of mine, any game, and show me a game where I do not suggest going after an inactive at some point. Please, and show me if it has ANY connection to my alignment what so ever.

And further more, I'm done arguing with you because you've given me enough. I don't need to get further information out of you at present, and your continued attempts to go after me for questioning you is only proving my hypothesis.

However, I want to hear from the silent ones because they are not easy to read and I would like to get a read off of them.

The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (isolation #6) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:12 pm

Where's the evidence saying you're telling the truth Orcinus?

Everything else is stretching ramrod.

But this... It makes me laugh... and laugh... and laugh...

Why? Because all we have is your word that you are telling the truth. Which means, I can choose to trust you, or I can choose to suspect you.

I'm sorry we are done. You have nothing further to had without stretching more and more and more.

What you are now claiming is narrative, has a big flaw, I AM GIVING AN EXAMPLE OF A REASON YOU COULD HAVE BEEN FEELING THIS WAY.

Do I need proof that it was your reason? Do I need to have some kind of proof to make an example statement?

Bitch please, you know as well as I that I was giving an example so please, spin your lies with a little bit of sense.

VOTE: Orcinus

The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (isolation #7) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:18 pm

I believe I linked a game where I did the same as town in that n00bie actually... however you might not have really seen that part since it may have gotten lost in the crash of last year... I'd have to check. Admittedly, usually I'm the one under pressure and someone else is the one attacking me so that was an oddity in of itself.

The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (isolation #8) » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:16 am

So you guys know, my lover is KBW...

So far I still think that Orc is scummy, I'm going to do an individual ISO to see if I can catch out other possibilities.

The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (isolation #9) » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:12 pm

Probably is Fferyllt.

She was gone pretty much all of yesterday I believe.

In any case. I still think an Orc lynch is good. but I could accept in theory a Nekko lynch, potentially...

The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (isolation #10) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:35 am

fferyllt, does this look anything like my scum play the ONE game you've played with me in the past?

Sorry for not posting in awhile... Been really busy. But we've already had three rapid bandwagons?

I'm inclined to think the people on the bandwagons more likely of being scum than those off.

Well at least I can be pretty sure your town Fferyllt... Seeing as you forgot that scum can't chat either right now :P

The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (isolation #11) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:45 am

In post 820, fferyllt wrote:I think he's at 5 votes.

I want this wagon to sit at L-2 or L-3 for a while.
Long enough for TAM, VL, and Nekoko, and whoever replaces KBW to have to discuss it.

Bolded for emphasis. I interpreted that to mean that you thought that the four of us (TAM, KBW, Nekoko and VL) are scum together and have day talk. Which is completely untrue as far as KBW and I are concerned but still, the idea that scum has daytalk is disproved in the opening post.

Marangal, Please explain, other than my lurking what I have done that was "anti-town."

I'm willing to move to a Voodoo Lady Nekoko lynch, however, Orc and Klick are still superior, and I could see Fuduzn in the wierd "we are distancing each other but trying not to be to obvious about it so we don't get ourselves lynched."

However if Voodoo Lady/Nekoko flip town, I would rather us look at those who were a part of the bandwagons involving them.

The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1016 (isolation #12) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:24 pm

I still think it's Orc. That's all I need to say.

VOTE: Orcinus

Please try and convince me otherwise, I might be convinced on maybe Voodoo Lady :P

Also on Ms. Marangal, She's been playing Mafia for about 6 months to a year on the other site. I should know, I'm the one who brought her here and I mod some games on the other sites mafia section (it isn't sole mafia. :P )

The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1050 (isolation #13) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:30 pm

Or just really sapped town. You completely ignore the fact that I have quite a few posts of content where I'm tearing into you, convient is it not?

And I would hardly call it OMGUS considering I did have suspicion on you before.

And so I've basically ignored VL/Nekoko, maybe it's because I didn't find them interesting? I haven't found many of them interesting.

The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1053 (isolation #14) » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:35 pm

Ummm, I've pretty much ignored most of the teams I think...

hmmm, maybe because I'm reluctant to believe you're not scum?

The Acting Method
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
The Acting Method
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1087 (isolation #15) » Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:58 am

Or maybe I just don't care and have Orc as my first choice as scum from what I've read...

But, seeing as no one is willing to agree with me. UNVOTE:
VOTE: Voodoo Lady

Return to “Completed Open Games”