KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon
Location: Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sol, Earth

Post Post #1500 (isolation #0) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:56 pm

Post by KX »

Hey everybody! Give me some time to read the game thread, but I look forward to playing this.
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1507 (isolation #1) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:13 am

Post by KX »

Read to page 17 so far, tbh seems like a pretty bad lot we have, I could easily see it as any of them. If I had to pick one, I'd say Kerberos, with TIP second and Not in last. Will read over the rest later.
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1508 (isolation #2) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:33 am

Post by KX »

Yah know what, I'm thinking that I'll stop reading the main thread as soon as I get to Oil Tycoon's killing spree, and then just ISO the three suspects. Were I to do that, would there be anything really important I'd miss?
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1511 (isolation #3) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:05 am

Post by KX »

Yeah, I realized that shortly after posting, so I'll probably go on a few pages after. Currently my reasons boil down to Kerberos being on DJ's list along with the rest of the scum, and just like the other two, somewhat unexplained and constant, Bork mentioned Not as strong town read at a time when his alignment was quite questionable, something I doubt scum would do with a partner and iirc from a game I was in him with, it was something he wouldn't do, and the TIP and Not back/forth seeming to be the kind of thing scum would drop relatively quickly or not get into, and also how none of the other scum made very many comments about it, when I believe that they would if a buddy was involved. And @Not, as I'm not a suspect to myself, I don't see what the point of ISOing Bert would be. I understand what you meant about me as a suspect, but given what I was saying, I don't see the purpose of you pointing it out.
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1514 (isolation #4) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:19 am

Post by KX »

Yeah, I can see that. I figured if he was self-centered enough to include all of his partners as scum reads, he wouldn't hesitate to push one of them as a policy lynch to try and get towncred though. I suppose it is based around what scum would and wouldn't do, but isn't that what most everything in the game boils down to unless you get lucky? and page 28 now.
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1516 (isolation #5) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:24 am

Post by KX »

Also, I might be kinda biased about TIP and Not, especially Not, I've messed up quite a few games by only pursuing the "incompetent" people, or viewing everybody like that as either scum/a problem, and so eliminate them asap, and as such I've been trying to lean away from doing that as much. As for reading people individually, I'll hopefully get to doing that in depth when I ISO, since I find it rather hard to keep track of everything when just reading over the thread. So far I've just been pointing out what I've noticed that others haven't mentioned, and then helped me get my reads.
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1519 (isolation #6) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:10 pm

Post by KX »

Ugh fuck this game is so amazing, and tense at the same time. Right up until you (Kerb) started talking again a few pages back, my opinions were basically perfect mirrors of Bert's, and so as the game went on, I just became more and more confident in them. But those last few gave me doubt, so idk. Give me a while to think on this, okay? And if the shooting pattern goes Kerb -> Me, then that's fine, since it means you'll have been shot, and if I get the gun, I'm shooting TIP, and to me Not seems like a fair bet for town.
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1521 (isolation #7) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:35 pm

Post by KX »

exactly, and I'm almost positive that it's one of Kerb or TIP.
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1523 (isolation #8) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:01 pm

Post by KX »

It's more of a POE type thing, I find TIP and Kerb's behavior more scummy, so that the various flaws of Not really don't stand out at much. Really it's more of an I'm almost sure that it's Kerb, but if it's not Kerb then it's TIP, so that Not becomes the last option by a quite large margin. Also, for what I find scummy about people, one thing that I realized might not have been mentioned yet is that following OT's kill streak, I liked Not and TIP's reactions to (during) it much more than Kerb's, which seemed a little bit hollow.
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1525 (isolation #9) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:06 pm

Post by KX »

Also, reading/thinking about the ISOs once more, if you can get past the AtE and some of the idiocy, Not genuinely seems to be trying to help out town.
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1538 (isolation #10) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:33 pm

Post by KX »

for why TIP>NS, A lot of TIPs arguments really don't seem to make a lot of sense, or at worst are detractive, the general lack of actual scum in scum list, high quantity of fluff or fluff like posts, overall distracting nature, can't explain exactly what but attitude in general I guess, while not actually seeming to be a dumb person, compared to NS, who just seems to use AtE a lot with some VI vibes. Also, when I said my opinions mirrored Bert's, it includes the plan were this slot gets shot, so shooting me -> kerb -> TIP would be fine.
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1539 (isolation #11) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:33 pm

Post by KX »

Aaaaaand god damn, I'm really hoping I'm wrong right now.
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1544 (isolation #12) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:36 pm

Post by KX »

actually no, if it was me, you, and Kerb in lylo, first I'd rage a ton and then I'd shoot Kerb.
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1549 (isolation #13) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:39 pm

Post by KX »

Also, @TIP, how do you get "she" out of a gender neutral ava and a male profile gender?

And I'd be more willing to trust TIP to shoot Kerb then Kerb to shoot TIP based on what's been said, but either way.

@NotSci, if I had to pick one for scum it would be Kerb, but see the above sentence. So really it's up to you.
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1551 (isolation #14) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:40 pm

Post by KX »

um, TIP, wasn't it just last page that Kerb said if they got shot they'd lead an attack against me?
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1556 (isolation #15) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:48 pm

Post by KX »

Well, if that's how it goes, hopefully I'll be right and it'll just end with Kerb. And I knew that Kerb was three people, I do read sigs, but even if only one thinks so now, they could still just shoot/convince the others. If so though, I guess it would be their rightful choice.
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1560 (isolation #16) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:51 pm

Post by KX »

Would be nice if one of there heads could be here for comment. Either way though, we do have time, don't need to rush this etc.
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1577 (isolation #17) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:06 pm

Post by KX »

^ that's actually a pretty good question. Just to get discussion going in case you shot wrong or something?
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1585 (isolation #18) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:18 pm

Post by KX »

wouldn't it be funny if NS really was the last of em and is just fucking with all of us?
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1592 (isolation #19) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:33 pm

Post by KX »

well, unless one of you decides you want to shoot me, does it even matter which one ns believes?
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1636 (isolation #20) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:05 pm

Post by KX »

Hey TIP, why did it take you so long to get to your conclusion in #1624? As town, as soon as you saw that NS was shot and wasn't scum, you should have known the scum was one of me or Kerb, and so the way to guarantee a win for yourself was the way in which we both died, i.e. Kerb gets shot then shoots me. However, as posts like 1602 and various others show, this wasn't what you decided on.

Vote: TIP
Scrap everything, I'll bet the entire game they're the last scum.
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1645 (isolation #21) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:18 pm

Post by KX »

Well, if you think about it, there's no reason that there should have been the hesitance if he was town. Even before the ns shoot, he had mentioned the option, so it should have immediately sprung to his mind if he was thinking about how to proceed. Compared to if he was scum, while his eventual goal would have been the same, that one of us needed to get shot the shoot the other, as somebody considered a main suspect, it would make some sense not to immediately go with and push that suggestion for lack of unwanted attention and accusations that he was trying to get by without being shot.

Also, if you then look at his second and third most recent posts, were he finally does go to the logical solution, suddenly the additional fluff appears again. As for your most recent post, why I care is because I question you as town.
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1650 (isolation #22) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:21 pm

Post by KX »

what do you mean "so what's my point?" I would think 1636 made my point quite clear.
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1654 (isolation #23) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:27 pm

Post by KX »

really TIP?
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1659 (isolation #24) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:35 pm

Post by KX »

*sigh* in case you missed it TIP, that was a last second reaction test before I agreed to go along with your plan and actually bet the game on Kerb being the last scum. I'm afraid to say you utterly failed the reaction test, not pointing out any of the many flaws or hypocrisies in my exact statement, and having slow response times with ignorance/lack of reaction. However, to your credit, you a least didn't try to make anything up or start flailing, so I guess it could have been worse. And combine that with Wisdom's findings, which make the most sense in a scenario were a scum realizes there only shot at victory, I think that's enough to confirm Kerb. So yeah,
@NotSci, full agreement with #1657 here
. Shoot the scum please.
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1662 (isolation #25) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:37 pm

Post by KX »

Wisdom, read 1659. k thanks.
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1668 (isolation #26) » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:50 pm

Post by KX »

I think the silence says enough.
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1691 (isolation #27) » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:17 am

Post by KX »

Weeeeeeeewt! That was actually pretty fun, even if I only got to pop in for the ending. My only regret is having to turn down subbing for Jacob.
KX
KX
Goon
KX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1719 (isolation #28) » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:58 am

Post by KX »

Actually, you're saying you found it unlikely didn't convince me otherwise at all, mainly because I wasn't that convinced by it in the first place, though it did help. However, what it was, especially considering the manner in which DJ did it, was a flashing red sign pointing to investigate them more. If he had bussed more elegantly, that I would be more inclined to agree with Wisdom, however, the way DJ did it made it so them all being scum seemed more likely.

Return to “Completed Open Games”