Open 541 - Too Many Heads Mafia (Game Over)

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1635 (isolation #0) » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:15 am

Post by mastin2 »

Indeed I do, but I probably won't be doing much posting for a small bit, since it's possible I have a hydra partner. Need to ask them, though, and get mod approval if they say yes.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1639 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:54 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1636, Generically Purple wrote:HAY THAR MASTIN, YOU REPLACES INTOCA SCUM SLOT, HOWS IT FEEL MATE
It's awesome. I've got [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] as my scumbuddies, and they're totally awesome. Then again, I'm up against [REDACTED], [REDACTED], [REDACTED], [REDACTED], and [REDACTED], which makes the game much harder, but eh, it's part of the fun. :D
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1646 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:56 am

Post by mastin2 »

Damn, they said no. Guess I'll have to tackle this game by myself. (Hope you guys don't take offense at this game not being my top priority at the moment, though. With luck, I can get around to it later tonight, but I do have other obligations.)
In post 1641, Mhork and Mindy wrote:So mastin2/future mastin2-hydra, in discussing reads with Mhork last night it turns out you're replacing into my only completely null read. Change that sooner rather than later, since about the only thing I agree with PFR on right now is that we are within a mislynch of XyLo. More specifically, I'd like your take on PFR, Athenas Fury, Stuffed Crust, and Squirrel Girl in descending order of priority. I mean, I could just wait and see if you try to mislynch me, but your reads on those players would be more generally useful.
Do explain why the hell I'm replacing into a null read. I'm guessing there was almost certainly content, so it's not null-off-of-nothing; it'd have to be null-off-of-ambivalence. So elaborate. (I've got nothing on anyone, though; I need to begin a readthrough. This game doesn't seem like the type where I can learn everything by looking at the last and/or first five pages; it seems like the type of game where I basically need to look at everything.)
As far as PFR goes, I do agree that a faith healer claim
may
be optimal today. What I don't like is the emphasis they're putting on it. Presumably the faith healer knows what kind of position they're in as far as overall perception is concerned.
No. The faith healer should only claim today if they are in danger of being lynched. Or threat of being lynched if the game comes to lylo.
In post 1645, Si and Am wrote:When I was catching up on this game Yggdra didn't seem town to me for many reasons. I'm hoping Mastin sheds some light on me whichever way in determining his alignment.
Same for you. Why the hell don't you have a stronger read?

/I'll keep reading new posts as I see them, but don't expect insightful comments on newer posts that rely on older content. Which will, y'know. Basically be all of them. :P Content as mentioned later.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1647 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:57 am

Post by mastin2 »

Btw, purple and Mhok/Mindy look town, and Si/Am kinda looks like scum. But that's just off of the posting since my replace-in.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1673 (isolation #4) » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:27 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1650, Si and Am wrote:Thanks for retardely claiming when it wasn't fucking needed nor the best approach. Fuck a random NK would have better information than a confirmed town.

Mastin you replaced a three headed hydra which posted one liners through out the game.
I'm 95% percent sure your slot is scum. 95% sure because of reasons.
Funny, 'cause I'm pretty sure that this is a scumpost from you.

VOTE: Si and Am.
In post 1652, Mhork and Mindy wrote:Mastin, why do you assume your predecessor provided content?
My predecessor is made up of players I know? I can pretty much guarantee that by day two, they're going to have posted content.
In post 1654, Squirrel Girl wrote:I like Stuffed's claim. Let's lynch Mastin.
Let's not. Not until I get caught up, anyway.
In post 1660, Paranoia Fueled Rampage wrote:
In post 1658, Si and Am wrote: Anyways I think the scum team is [PFR] + [Mastin/YU] + [???].
Bring it on

VOTE: PFR

Lets see just how good your reads are

~G
Yo, AP (yes, I know, not an AP post; I don't give a damn; I'm talking to him despite that :P), you're town. I'm town. Let's lynch some scum, 'kay? What do you think of Si and Am?
In post 1666, Generically Purple wrote:but, Jiffy was killed, and even weirder, Tammy wasn't. What I think this means is
A) Tammy is scum
or
B) Someone feels confident enough to push Tammytown as scum
or
C)Someone thinks they link Tammy being alive to Marascum
with the Jiffy Kill, it's either

A) a strategical kill to try and place a mislynch on someone
or
B)a low information kill
Good analysis, but it seems like a lot of these things aren't mutually exclusive, and that there's another option missing: The scum fearing the faith healer on Tammy. Did that possibility factor into your analysis?
In post 1672, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:I want to hear Jesus's thoughts on the game when he catches up.
Largely winging it for the moment. I do intend to catch up, but other places are of a higher priority overall.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1722 (isolation #5) » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:20 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1674, Paranoia Fueled Rampage wrote:Lol mastin pls exlpain why this slot is town
Dude, you townposted in less than a god-damned page of my entrance. Like. If you were scum, by now there'd be a hint of it. Your manipulation would be tailored to the players already in the game. And you'd have to adjust it for me coming in. Yet I didn't see that. Like. Seriously. You guys townposted. It's plain as day. You're town. I'm town. Let's lynch some scum.
also explain why we shouldnt push for your lynch
Because it's lylo and I'm not scum?
In post 1682, Paranoia Fueled Rampage wrote:Anywho
VOTE: Generically Purple
Gonna need to explain this one, since I'm townreading Purple.
In post 1683, Athenas Fury wrote:I know he's not afraid of AP as scum, so that can't be it.
Actually, I'm
terrified
of AP, regardless of game. As town, terrified of him being scum and me townreading him wrongly. As scum, because I know he's a damn-good scumhunter, I know he's fairly charismatic, is a tough mislynch, and is someone I quite frankly would prefer dead earlier rather than later.

The reason I wasn't afraid of him in Anything Goes is because I (1) knew the town would be paranoid of him, and (2) because I legitimately thought he was scum of some sort anyway. :P I went after him because I fully, 100%, expected that to not be his town self; I was convinced he wasn't town, and thus, that pushing him would do no harm.
In post 1686, Generically Purple wrote:Si and am backed off us without ever explaining their reason for reanalysing their read on us.
THEY. ARE. SCUM.
Inclined to agree.
In post 1698, Si and Am wrote:Okay almost less than a day. Pretty obvious we need to consolidate wagons. (obv this isn't the accurate VC since it's from last page.)

I'm willing to:
VOTE: Squirrel Girl

We need to figure out who we are lynching so we don't end up no lynching this day phrase.
Yep. This is scum pushing for a mislynch to bring the game into lylo.
In post 1711, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:I be thinking about this. Why aaaaaaaaarrgh other places higher priority when the deadline here be so close?
If you paid attention to my games, you'd have known that I was busy getting mylo-mislynched in The Fall. It had a much higher priority than this game because I needed to fix the neglect I'd given that game (died before I could, though :/), whereas here I just replaced in and figured I could coast for a bit. :P
If ye not be posting content, I be assuming it has something to do with ye not wanting me to form a read on ye.
The fuck do you think I've been doing? Not reading the earlier thread doesn't stop me from making content. Unlike The Fall, this game, I actually
am
getting reads. (I said that was me on an extremely "off" game; I meant it.) Read my damn posts; there's plenty of content in them in spite of me not having read the damn thread.

Granted, yeah. I think that I'll be much better off when I do read the thread, because it will give me a better idea of how things are. Butyeah. I do have a few reads in spite of not having context behind posting.
Squirrel Girl (3) - Generically Purple, Si and Am, Rancid Broderick Drake, Paranoia Fueled Rampage, Mhork and Mindy
Right, so Purple's a townread, as is PFR. Si and Am's a scumread, but the question here is whether it's two or three scum on the mislynch wagon. (Makes a difference between Athena's alignment being town and scum.) And if it's two, then who the scum is between Rancid and Mhork.

Athena's posting has been pretty damn null to me, as has Mhork/Mindy's posting. And for that matter, Rancid's, too. Basically, I see the scumteam as being Si/Am and two of {Mhork/Mindy, Rancid, Athena's Fury}, but can't tell which it is, yet. Got ideas?
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1724 (isolation #6) » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:25 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1723, Paranoia Fueled Rampage wrote:Athena's fury and Si and Am could both be scum based on that wagon
Oh, quite easily. In fact, it's assuredly that one of them is. (Si/Am.) My question is whether it's one of them or two.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1726 (isolation #7) » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:19 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1725, Paranoia Fueled Rampage wrote:I want to hear from AP about his opinion, ETL dropped into our QT to inform us that you (Mastin) are town.
I am.

By the way, I've seen both Rach and Mala around, and I'm fairly certain both have been around since after this game's day started. Yet I don't see any posts from their hydra.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1784 (isolation #8) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:55 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1729, Ms Marangal wrote:Mastin, if SiAm are scum, why do you think M&M is likely, because frankly I'm of the opinion that it's either or.
Well, you're town, AFB is town, and I'm town. That leaves three scum for four slots. Mhork/Mindy could be town, but it'd require Rancid and Athena's Fury to be scum.
In post 1740, Paranoia Fueled Rampage wrote:Discrediting the Siam slot and pointing to their not-posting as a scumtell? I wonder why they aren't posting.
I didn't say that. I pointed out their not posting. It was meant to spark comments. (Which it did. Albeit not as helpful comments as I would have preferred.) Nothing more, but also nothing less. I wanted commentary on (and from) them--I got both.
Maybe because this game has long since gone south and they are depressed to be in it. Which would make them TOWN in all likelihood.
I've seen nothing from them that doesn't seem easily-faked.
In post 1747, Paranoia Fueled Rampage wrote:OR AN OUNCE OF RESPECT FOR MY READS (MASTIN ON THE 8% CHANCE YOU ARE TOWN)
The respect for your reads comes in about Mhork/Mindy. I'm scumreading them, you know. But if you want to present evidence for a scum-Marangal, you're gonna need to present some damn evidence for a scum-Marangal, since I'm not seeing it; I'm seeing her as town.
In post 1751, Paranoia Fueled Rampage wrote:We haven't done jackshit that was scummy.
And yet, you wonder why I could be townreading you. :P
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1788 (isolation #9) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:59 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1785, Paranoia Fueled Rampage wrote:Mastin, what is your read on Athena?
Has a 75% chance of being scum. Like Mhork, like Rancid. The only way they're town is if Mhork/Mindy and Rancid are both scum.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1789 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:00 am

Post by mastin2 »

(And by the way, Mhork/Mindy are basically confscum, sooooo...it's between Rancid and Athena for the other scum.)
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1791 (isolation #11) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:02 am

Post by mastin2 »

Also, should be noted--

It could be the pirate gimmick, but I'm not townreading zMuff. "Not townreading" doesn't automatically equal "am scumreading", but it's pretty damn close, all things considered. I need to read more of the game to get a better idea.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1818 (isolation #12) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:53 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1796, Paranoia Fueled Rampage wrote:
In post 1794, Mhork and Mindy wrote:Mastin I really want to know how you got any sort of a reputation for good play. I've only ever seen you play really poorly and really arrogantly.
Wow this looks like scumposting.
Because it is scumposting.
In post 1798, Paranoia Fueled Rampage wrote:I did some very brief D2 skimming (emphasis on the very) and the entire RBD v Athena thing read off to me.
Then help me figure it out and don't call me scum, you idiot.

Aside from two players that we have town/scumreads reversed on, our reads are basically exactly the same: Mhork/Mindy as scum and Rancid or Athena as the other scum. So work with me, not against me, on figuring it out. YOU KNOW WHAT OUR READS BEING IN SYNCH MEANS, AP.

VOTE: Mhork and Mindy.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1829 (isolation #13) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:05 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1826, Mhork and Mindy wrote:Flail harder, pal. I'm tired of interacting with you and scumastin
Funny thing is, if you actually thought I was scum, you wouldn't think that my play here would be so terrible. Me being terrible in your eyes requires me being town.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1832 (isolation #14) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:07 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1828, Paranoia Fueled Rampage wrote:But we're not tired of interacting with you...
Yet apparently you are of me, since you brushed off my posts. Yes, we know Mhork/Mindy is scum. We've seen that. We've been over that. We still need to hash out Rancid/Athena and see if we can get a better understanding on Marangal vs Si/Am.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1840 (isolation #15) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:12 am

Post by mastin2 »

AP, we should have focus. If you continue to spam in a fight against Mhork/Mindy, you're just going to be contributing effectively fluff. You're not going to convince them that they're scum; they already know they are. You've already convinced me they're scum; you don't need to do that. If we play our cards right, we can get scum lynched today, tomorrow, and hopefully give the town a fighting chance the next day. (Yes, I'm assuming we're the two nightkills, because if you and I are actually working together, on the same page, and not scumreading one another, hell yeah, the scum are going to nightkill us. :P)

You should be focusing on Athena/Rancid. And helping sort that read out. That's important. You should also be engaging me with Marangal and Si/Am. Let's assume Mhork/Mindy got lynched, right here and right now. Let's assume you got nightkilled. What then? You're leaving me with nothing but Mhork/Mindy being scum right now. So stop it. Engage me. Talk to me. We can hash out the others.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1842 (isolation #16) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:15 am

Post by mastin2 »

Seriously, not that hard.

You don't trust me?

Fuck that, talk to me anyway. I need it. And if you're doubting me being town, guess what? TALKING ABOUT OUR READS WILL HELP YOU GET A READ ON ME, DAMMIT. So stop focusing on Mhork/Mindy. Yes, we know they're scum. Who else is? That I need to know.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1847 (isolation #17) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:26 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1843, Paranoia Fueled Rampage wrote:Mastin pls show exactly what made you think we are town
LOOK AT YOUR DAMN POSTS, DAMMIT. You're town-as-fuck. I don't see how any town player could be scumreading you. Like, seriously. It's right there. In your damn posting. You're posting like town. You're posting like the town self of all three of you. Not quite the town AP. Not quite the town Guyett. Not quite the town ETL. But a glorious mixture of all three, meshed together into a single hydra. This is not a scum you. Not scum AP. Not scum ETL. Probably not a scum Guyett. Nor a mixture OF your scum selves. This is you. As town. Through-and-through. Town.
In post 1845, Paranoia Fueled Rampage wrote:@MASTIN I asked you a question
You know, I AM multi-tasking. :P
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1848 (isolation #18) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:30 am

Post by mastin2 »

Seriously.

If there was so much as a hint.
HINT.

Of scumposting from ya.

I'd be paranoid.

But there isn't.

It literally isn't there. At all. There's zero manipulation. There's zero fear. There's zero survivalism. There's pure. Unadulterated. Scumhunting. Abrasiveness. Fearlessness. Not-giving-a-damnness. Why the hell wouldn't you be town? This is your town game. You damn-well know it is. You damn-well KNOW I know it is. You can ask the question a million times, but my answer isn't going to change. You're town; Mhork/Mindy is scum. But you're not working with me to find the other two.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1854 (isolation #19) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:36 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1849, Paranoia Fueled Rampage wrote:I think Athena's/Marangal has at least one, possibly 2 scum in it. Generic's latest posts in the thread are really tempting to read into and I want to say that Scum-mara necessarily means Scum-Athena but his post read sort of town to me anyhow. Still I think they would be my focus over SiAm (town) and RBD (pirate)
The problem is, I'm not seeing Si/Am as town. I don't see their posts as legitimate; they come across as faked. I don't see them as townposting; I see them as scumposting. They seem survivalistic and manipulative, rather than analytical and unafraid. I'm not seeing Rancid as town. ("Pirate" is an accurate description of how I feel about him. :P) I'm not seeing Marangal as scum; that slot's posting has seemed really legitimate to me. It has seemed genuine. It has seemed town. And Athena's basically dead-null to me; I can see them as scum or as town equally.

Give me reasons. Why is Si/Am town? Why is Marangal scum to you? What is your take on Athena?
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1858 (isolation #20) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:50 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1850, Paranoia Fueled Rampage wrote:Mastin what exact post gave it away that we're town?
All of them?

Like. You've seriously. Not given so much as a hint. Of being scum, ever since I've been in the game. I can point to literally every single post of yours after my replace-in, and show you the town in them and the lack of scum in them. (Okay. So that's a slight exaggeration. 1644 was null--it's something that could easily come from either alignment. But literally every single post after that. 1660. 1661. 1669. To a very limited extent, 1670 in that while the statement is something you'd say regardless of alignment, the TONE was town. 1674. 1681. 1682. 1691. 1708. Hell, even 1715, because it wasn't scum-gloating-about-a-mislynch; it was town-thinking-they've-got-scum. 1721 had a town tone to it. I liked the analysis in 1723. 1725 feels really legitimate. Hell, even the least-town post of yours [1732] still feels town. 1734. You yourselves admitted 1735 made you obvtown, and dammit, you're right. And basically every damn post of yours in the Mhork/Mindy exchange.) I don't understand why you think that you're not that obvtown. IT'S RIGHT THERE. In everything. Your attitude. Your aura. Your reads. Your analysis. Your overall posting.

This isn't a scum-you. Period. I know each of you. Admittedly I'm not familiar with Guyett's scumgame, but I DO know his towngame; this is it. I know ETL's towngame and scumgame; this her towngame. I know you, AP. Bluntly, the only possible reason I'd have to think you're scum is that there's absolutely nothing in your posting suggesting you're scum. That's it. That's literally the only thing--a too town to be town fallacy. You're posting like town figuring things out. Not like scum trying to get that mislynch victory.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1859 (isolation #21) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:52 am

Post by mastin2 »

But seriously, this debate's getting old. You're town because you're town, dammit. Repeating it is going to become equally as pointless as repeating that Mhork/Mindy is scum.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1860 (isolation #22) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:01 am

Post by mastin2 »

There's also my continued survival. (Yes, I'm playing that card. Dealwithit.) If you were scum, that's the three players in the game who most fear my towngame rolled up into one scum slot. You'd want me dead in a
heartbeat
. Fuck whoever your scumbuddies would be. I don't care. There's nobody in this playerlist that could take control of the nightkill away from you three. All of you are of strong opinions, opinions that you'd stubbornly uphold. You'd refuse to let the scum nightkill anyone else. You'd bulldoze the scum into doing it off of that fear alone. Something like,
"Fuck him being a mislynch candidate. We need him dead, or he's figuring us all out. Period." Would come up and be pushed. But that didn't happen. I'm alive. I'm still here. So you're not scum off of that alone.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1863 (isolation #23) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:55 am

Post by mastin2 »

Oh, fuck me.

UNVOTE: Mhork and Mindy.

I need to think for a sec.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1864 (isolation #24) » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:04 am

Post by mastin2 »

AP.
Guyett.
ETL.

Between the three of you, ONE of you has to be on around now.

And if you have me as so much as 1% possible town, then please unvote Mhork/Mindy right now. They might actually be town. I think I saw something. I need time to check it out.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1901 (isolation #25) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:58 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1864, mastin2 wrote:I think I saw something. I need time to check it out.
Still haven't checked it out, but basically...my thought is that this being a 7p lylo, it's nearly impossible for the scum to coordinate a quick-lynch. (Especially since scum players rarely if ever hold the same reads on players--for instance, a scum player defending a town player can't suddenly place an L-1 "meh" vote without it potentially backfiring.) So, I don't think they'd even try. Instead, they'd try to set up townVtown fights, and get not only one, but potentially TWO town players voting another town player. That way, they could hammer far more easily. And even if not. Even if they didn't...the very fact that they didn't would leave the town players absolutely convinced the other is confscum BECAUSE they didn't. Allowing the scum to talk to each other. Some taking one side. The others taking the other side. And eventually one side convincing the other side. Bam. Scum hammer for a win, without us having even realized they were setting it up.

I caught wind of this being possible from a quick skim of Rancid's later iso. I'm thinking Rancid's scum this game (I'm not only not getting townvibes, but what I read of Rancid's iso gave me scumvibes*), and that you and Mhork/Mindy are town. Leaving Marangal/Si and Am/Athena's Fury for two remaining scum slots. And I think it's Si/Am and Athena's Fury, particularly given Athena's Fury's vote on Mara.

/Skimmed to get sorta caught up. I really want to read if not the entire game at least D2 to see it. We need to be careful, here.

*In fact, what I'm reading of his contribution in the last day or so has seemed highly manipulative. Like. I know zMuff. I can sense his scumgame. And, well. This is it. He's not scumhunting; he's manipulating. I'll try to show it more later. I'm still trying to figure it out for sure.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1902 (isolation #26) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:18 am

Post by mastin2 »

Basic rundown on my thoughts:
Rancid's scum. zMuff is posting not to analyze for who the scum are, but to manipulate things so that the town think each other are scum. For instance, his posting on D2 said I was town, if you look at it. (I'm translating "welcome on my ship" to mean "townread".) Now that it's lylo rather than the day before lylo, though...he's suddenly scumreading me. Frankly, this is rats-ass backwards from what it should be. Plenty of players were thinking I was scum yesterday. Defending me gave him towncred in case I ended up being the lynch, and also would make it less likely for me to figure him out. (I am a sucker for buddying.) Now that it's lylo, though, and I lived...he's here, attacking me, insisting I'm scum despite him damn-well knowing this isn't my scumgame. All-in-all, his stances seem highly "convenient". That is, he's willing to lynch anyone he knows isn't scum. And he's encouraging those fights. Encouraging people to think I'm scum. Maybe encouraging people to think Mhork/Mindy is scum (in spite of saying that they had townposted yesterday). All in all...I don't see the town zMuf I know. This is his scumplay, through-and-through.

Mhork/Mindy might actually be town, and I'm beginning to think they are. While Mhork's posting is bad, PA's is really,
really
damn town, and if she were scum, she hit basically EVERY single note
perfectly
, because everything she presented makes her look good. It's the exact mindset I'd expect from her as town. It's exactly the type of overall feeling I'd think she'd give off if she were town. She doesn't feel like scum manipulating, but rather, town analyzing. And that made me think about what I know about Mhork, and I realized that Mhork's posting reading bad means he's likely town. I've seen him as town and thought, "yep, mislynch". I've seen his scumplay, and it's MUCH stronger. I think he's the guy that the scum are relying to vote town and/or be voted by town, more than any other player. Which, yes, makes me think that the slot's town.

PFR I've been over. Basically, an entire absence of a scumgame in this game. I've picked up the vibe that others have suspicion on them, so it's quite fully possible they've been targeted for a mislynch. (Especially given Mhork's posting towards them.) More than that, no offense to either of you, but you're...kinda vulnerable to drinking kool-aid. :P Not so much that you'll buy what you're being sold, so much as it is...if a scum player presents thoughts that synchronize up with the paranoia in your own mind...well, you're going to townread the scum player and scumread-via-paranoia and the scum's manipulation, exactly who the scum want you to.

I still think Marangal is town. Her posting comes across as being town. I don't see faked. I don't see manipulation. I see scumhunting and legitimate emotions, pouring through.

Si and Am, on the other hand, doesn't come across as town at all. Their posting feels faked, and manipulative. They don't seem to have the "heart" of a town player--not even a broken heart. When I think of a broken-hearted town player, Marangal's slot is basically what I think of, and Si/Am's posting, while vaguely similar, doesn't come across at all as even remotely legitimate.

Athena's Fury is basically scum-by-POE, and null otherwise. I haven't been able to read their posts as town or scum. (Admittedly, I've skimmed their more recent posting.) Yet since I think Marangal is town, they have to be scum anyway.

But I still haven't done my fact-checking, yet.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1917 (isolation #27) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:00 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1904, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:
Jesus wrote:what I'm reading of his contribution in the last day or so has seemed highly manipulative
Elaaaaaaaaaarghborate
Kinda difficult to do so, but basically...your posts don't look like they're meant to find scum. I can generally read you well enough and tell when you are. And this game, I'm not seeing it. It's more Touhou than it is Xeno, to give the most recent examples.
Jesus wrote:he's willing to lynch anyone he knows isn't scum. And he's encouraging those fights
Where did this happen?
In basically all your posting during the earlier exchanges this phase. I'll show it later. (Also answers the below.)
In post 1905, Athenas Fury wrote:You literally cannot cannot have me as null.
Which is why you're null-scum! :P
Not when you have professed to have me as a town read off of one post in RVS before.
A townvibe that simply isn't there this game.
Why aren't you engaging me to figure me out?
Because bluntly? At this stage, there's nothing that you can engage me on that I'm not going to be paranoid-as-fuck about. I'm looking at earlier parts of the game to get a better read--parts of the game I wasn't in.
In post 1908, Athenas Fury wrote:What about his posting is scum, and what did you think about him pushing the hell out of me for liek two days and then stepping back, becaust I thought htat was townish.
Or, y'know. You're his scumbuddy, with posts like this. :P
In post 1910, Mhork and Mindy wrote:mastin, you say this isn't town-Mala or town-Rach. I strongly disagree, especially on Rach. Can you be more specific?
It's more Mala than Rach for me, but basically...this simply isn't their towngame. It's not their frustrated-towngame, either. (I know that just as well as you do from Maniacal Street.) Their posting has a purpose, and said purpose is not town.
In post 1911, Ms Marangal wrote:Yep, and I think the Scum-team is RBD/Mastin/SiAm
Well, then, you'll be happy to let me bus both of them, now, won't you?
In post 1913, Ms Marangal wrote:Like, all this buddying is giving me heebie jeebies
Fuck buddying. Yes, the scum-me buddies, but I do it just as much if not more as town. AFB is a townread. You're a townread. Now, Mhork/Mindy is also a townread. I'll buddy as much as I damn-well please.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1919 (isolation #28) » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:04 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1918, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:
mastin wrote:Kinda difficult to do so, but basically...your posts don't look like they're meant to find scum.
Ye keep making blanket statements like this that show ye are either not reading the game or ye are bullshitting yer read here
Yep, you're scum, because the town-you would know that I make those kinds of statements regardless of alignment, rather than pushing the idea of me BSing.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1941 (isolation #29) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:40 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1920, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:It was a very clear what I was saying: The blanket statements ye be making show that ye are either not reading the game or bullshitting yer read.
Yes, but you wouldn't be posting about it if you thought it was null, now, would you? Bullshitting-->scum to most players.
In post 1921, Ms Marangal wrote:WHy am I town?
Because your posting seems genuine, because you seem to be doing legitimate analysis, because this feels like the same type of you that I saw in Maniacal Street, because my gut tells me so, take your pick. :P

Why the hell wouldn't you be town?
In post 1927, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:I've finally figured out how to describe the difference between mastin-scum and mastin-town, and it's whimsy. He's just not good at faking reactions to things when he's scum - it lacks the whimsical nature his town posts usually have. Even when he's being completely serious as town, there's still a certain whimsy to how he approaches people and how he responds to people, and when he's scum it's just... flat. There's no life in his posts.
All true, but my posts are plenty whimsical this game.
In post 1933, Rancid Broderick Drake wrote:When mastin's town, there's a relaxed tone in the way he responds to people, which comes across even when he feels he's being unfairly suspected.
Again, true, but this is about as relaxed as my posting gets.
In post 1930, Mhork and Mindy wrote:mastin, have you read the full game?
No. I've honestly been focusing mostly on sorting out my own stuff for the last week or so. Heck, I kinda have trouble remembering that I have games in Central Part. (I need to be in a mini normal and maybe a micro--I remember games much better when I need to check every forum. :P)
RBD, mastin's vagueness is making me think of her pushes in recent scum games.
You'd be hard-pressed to find a town game where I was explicit, either. It's a me-tell, not an alignment-tell. You need to read the mindset.
In post 1939, Paranoia Fueled Rampage wrote:this means either (or both) of mara or si n am are scum
It's Si/Am.

VOTE: Si and Am.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2005 (isolation #30) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:12 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1944, Mhork and Mindy wrote:Mastin, answer my question about Each too.

--PA
Honestly, don't know Rach well enough to have any sort of true meta on her. She's not a player I instinctively know the alignment of. It's case-by-case. And in this case, scum.
In post 1978, Paranoia Fueled Rampage wrote:VOTE: mara
long time scum read. don't care if I votrd wrong.
You damn-well
should
! Unvote before it's too late.
In post 1989, Si and Am wrote:WE AREN'T FUCKING SCUM.

GET THAT THROUGH YOUR FUCKING HEAD
And this post is classical scum-Mala. It's a fine demonstration of why Si/Am is scum, because they're treating Mara as town, here.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2011 (isolation #31) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:18 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Oh, fuck me, I was just typing unvote, and Mhork/Mindy ninja'd.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2013 (isolation #32) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:19 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Goddammit. I was online. REFRESHING THE DAMN PAGE. Watching out for quickhammers. SPECIFICALLY SO THAT I COULD UNVOTE IF SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPENED.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2015 (isolation #33) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:19 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 2012, Si and Am wrote:M&M, Mara and Mastin, right?
No. It has to be Mhork/Mindy, Mara, and Athena's Fury.

Goddammit.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2021 (isolation #34) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Yeah, normally, I'd continue the 'trolling' because I don't believe in it being over until the mod says so. But I'll throw you that bone, given the difficulties this game for the town, and say that, yep, scum, here.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2029 (isolation #35) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:36 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Also, apologies to Mhork for the voting stunt. I think in hindsight, my plan is kinda obvious: I never intended for Mhork/Mindy to be lynched. I knew that if any of the three of us needed to die, it'd be me, and that if I were to die, the best way to do so would be to bus, which in lylo is specifically what I say NOT to do. Fortunately, I managed to get off with an excuse, and got AFB off using a truthful piece of insight: the scum allowed town players to vote other town players. In fact, the scum allowed MULTIPLE town players to vote DIFFERENT town players, and that was the plan all-along. AFB-Mara. Mara-Si/Am. Because coordinating a quickhammer would be near-impossible and we had contradictory stances, it was a necessity. I told you all it was happening. In fact, I was a
ridiculously
cheeky scumbag. :P
In post 1639, mastin2 wrote:
In post 1636, Generically Purple wrote:HAY THAR MASTIN, YOU REPLACES INTOCA SCUM SLOT, HOWS IT FEEL MATE
It's awesome. I've got [Lord Mhork/Penguin Alien] and [Tammy] as my scumbuddies, and they're totally awesome. Then again, I'm up against [Angry Pidgeon/Guyett/ETL], [zMuffinMan], [MS Marangal], [Mac/Varsoon], and [Malakittens], which makes the game much harder, but eh, it's part of the fun. :D
Edited with the blanks filled in. :P
In post 1722, mastin2 wrote:It had a much higher priority than this game because I needed to fix the neglect I'd given that game (died before I could, though :/), whereas here I just replaced in and figured
I could
coast
for a bit
. :P
Among others.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2031 (isolation #36) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:39 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Butyeah. I have to say that this feels like one of the least-deserved wins in my scum career. This game was poison.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2034 (isolation #37) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:43 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 2033, Ms Marangal wrote:You got in my head so many times, it was the scariest fucking thing in the world
That's funny, because I really wasn't trying to. :P

My aim was mainly to shake AP/Guyett off of me. I knew fighting off zMuff was a lost cause so never even bothered, but I was interacting with you as a formality in my efforts to shake AP/Guyett rather than to get into your head. I was actually aiming to get inside AngryPidgeon's mind, along-side maybe-ETL (if she was still playing at all) and maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe-Guyett.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2035 (isolation #38) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:44 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Although...

I did get into the mindset of zMuff and try to use his points against him...before he thought to make them. And in that regard, I think I did succeed a little bit. :P
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2036 (isolation #39) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:44 pm

Post by mastin2 »

(In particular, the bits about the tone and the manipulation. <3 zMuff.)
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2040 (isolation #40) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:58 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Final post before official flip.
In post 1901, mastin2 wrote:[Still haven't checked it out, but basically...my thought is that this being a 7p lylo, it's nearly impossible for the scum to coordinate a quick-lynch. (Especially since scum players rarely if ever hold the same reads on players--for instance, a scum player defending a town player can't suddenly place an L-1 "meh" vote without it potentially backfiring.) So, I don't think they'd even try.
Instead, they'd try to set up townVtown fights, and get not only one, but potentially TWO town players voting another town player.
That way, they could hammer far more easily. And even if not. Even if they didn't...
the very fact that they didn't would leave the town players absolutely convinced the other is confscum BECAUSE they didn't.
Allowing the scum to talk to each other. Some taking one side. The others taking the other side. And eventually one side convincing the other side. Bam. Scum hammer for a win, without us having even realized they were setting it up.
This part was, as mentioned, me basically broadcasting the scumteam's plan. (I lack subtlety? :P)
I caught wind of this being possible from a quick skim of Rancid's later iso. I'm thinking Rancid's scum this game (I'm not only not getting townvibes, but what I read of Rancid's iso gave me scumvibes*).
*In fact, what I'm reading of his contribution in the last day or so has seemed highly manipulative. Like. I know zMuff. I can sense his scumgame. And, well. This is it. He's not scumhunting; he's manipulating. I'll try to show it more later. I'm still trying to figure it out for sure.
In post 1902, mastin2 wrote:zMuff is posting not to analyze for who the scum are, but to manipulate things so that the town think each other are scum. For instance, his posting on D2 said I was town, if you look at it. Now that it's lylo rather than the day before lylo, though...he's suddenly scumreading me. Frankly, this is rats-ass backwards from what it should be. Now that it's lylo, though, and I lived...he's here, attacking me, insisting I'm scum despite him damn-well knowing this isn't my scumgame. All-in-all, his stances seem highly "convenient". That is, he's willing to lynch anyone he knows isn't scum. And he's encouraging those fights. Encouraging people to think I'm scum. All in all...I don't see the town zMuf I know. This is his scumplay, through-and-through.
(I could quote more of these types of lines, but you get the idea.) For the record, I did in fact not see Rancid as being obvtown from the skim, but I wouldn't have scumread him. But I knew a town-me would post this, and that zMuff was going to begin posting stuff like this, so I decided to beat him to the punch. :P Basically everything here is something he used on me. Highly manipulative. (I was.) Sensing "his" scumgame. (Sensing mine.) Not scumhunting. (I wasn't.) Setting town at each others' throats. (Yep!) Townread-to-scumread. (I sorta did this.) "Convenient" stances. (Yep!) Willing to lynch anyone not scum. Encouraging those fights, and encouraging people to think the counterpart is scum. (Rancid rather than me.) Not the town-version, at all. Scumplay through-and-through. As he himself said...the irony is delicious. :P
My academy.
Agnigi

Return to “Completed Open Games”