Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #654 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:48 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Sup.

Will start reading the thread now.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #655 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:49 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Crayons
, mod.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #657 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:50 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Not an uncommon mistake. Ain't no thing.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #658 (isolation #3) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:49 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Reading through, and lol ABR:
In post 325, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Right now, only vettrock would be safe from my hypothetical vig kill. Everyone else is fair game.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #666 (isolation #4) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:41 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

I'm most comfortable with voting pisskop, for these reasons.

Spoiler: IF YOU JUST WANT TO READ THE BOLDED PHRASES, YOU CAN AND YOU'LL GET A SOLID TL;DR VERSION, I PROMISE
1. droog's reference to thor-scum's Nightless Vengeful scum strategy at the beginning of this game () struck me as off.
I replaced into that game, which happened recently, and thor's drag-it-out strategy wasn't exactly at the forefront of my mind when I started reading the game. With that in mind, I would think
scum
would be thinking about
scum strategy
at the beginning of the game.

So why would droog-scum quote thor-scum's Nightless Vengeful scum strategy? You pick up easy town points ("oh wow look he's revealing scum strategy") that doesn't actually hurt the scum team. It felt off when I read it, and I still think it feels off. The fact that pisskop, droog's replacement, later obliquely referenced this scum strategy in makes my paranoia sirens go off.

2. I agree with my slot's prior observation that droog's early game play does not really "fit" with his usual play.
My experience has only been with droog-town, and droog-town is thoughtful and cautious, with a willingness to really pursue lines of thought. This game, however, droog looked hesitant and unsure, not quite really able to find a conversational hook to dig into.

3. vettrock-scum spoke to droog as I would expect scum buddies to interact.

A.
In , vett criticizes droog on a nonissue. As in, literally, vettrock criticizes droog for using the term "setup speculation." The basis to interact with droog is blatantly manufactured. Unsure whether it was simply for vett to have an excuse to post, or an excuse to at least interact with a buddy.

B.
In , vett accuses droog of scumslipping. There is no vote. "This guy is scummy, but I won't vote him." is scum buddy material.

C.
droog never responds to vett's nonsense. On it's own? Whatever, I guess, there were 10 other players besides droog and droog wasn't laying down a large post count. But weird because droog questioned a vett vote (, ), so presumably vett was on droog's radar. With that in mind, droog's silence towards vett looks purposeful.

D.
Finally, when vett made up a scum list, he pointed to the lurkers out there as containing at least 1 scum: "I do also think it is likely that the scum is among the lurkers/useless, but not more than one. So Cow or Zymf or theslimer3. Slimer has increase his activity, so I'll put him as a partial member of this group." (.)

Notice someone who is missing? droog. The droog who, had posted his last substantive post. The droog who, , had posted a V/LA. The droog who, , requested to be replaced out.

vett had already independently laid down the groundwork to throw droog into a scumpool. And droog matched vett's qualification of a lurker. And yet vett failed to mention droog as a credible scumspect when doing so would make vett look like he was actually contributing real observations to the thread.

4. The slot's voting pattern sucks.

- droog voted ABR on Page 1, Day 1 in , and never moved it off of ABR. SCUM MOTIVATION: aligns with my theory that droog-scum didn't really know how to manufacture suspicion on town players, and therefore was vote-frozen.

- pisskop replaced in and justifies a continued ABR vote with "I read up, and I'm happy with my vote being on ABR." in . SCUM MOTIVATION: per , this allowed pisskop to stay on ABR-town, which was a popular wagon, without having to actually come up with real suspicions. Easy scum play. (pisskop never justifies his ABR vote.)

- pisskop shifts his vote from ABR to Hero in . Why? "I trust BB and Bob." Which was enough, apparently, for pisskop to not have second thoughts about the fact that pisskop's #1 scumspect, ABR, had just voted Hero in . SCUM MOTIVATION: not even a hint of doubt or concern at alleged ABR-scum voting for Hero, which is what town would take into consideration. Of course, this wouldn't be a problem if pisskop knew ABR's alignment was not a problem in terms of who pisskop should suspect.

- Back to ABR in . There's nothing really alignment indicative here, inandof the vote itself, but I'll note pisskop is still riding simply on general thread sentiment to justify an ABR vote, but has never clarified which suspicions he agrees with.

- Moves to texcat in based off of "Quick. Check 'last visited' dates on profiles" in . SCUM MOTIVATION: guilt-free justification to mislynch someone based off of JUST THE FACTS, GUYS, TOTALLY NOT MY FAULT WE KILLED A TOWN. Safe suspicion for scum to push.

- pisskop does finally spouts off some nonchalant "We were/are going to kill ABR for not posting or w.e." in . SCUM MOTIVATION: mushy justification that would be hard to pin against pisskop, and an ambivalence about killing ABR would hopefully help downplay his scumminess to ABR's vengekill. Of course, after all the time pisskop actually spent on ABR's wagon, pisskop certainly did miss the actual lynch. The scum motivation for that is crystal clear.

VOTE: pisskop
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #667 (isolation #5) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:42 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Sup-Zero and Morgan are solid town reads.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #668 (isolation #6) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:42 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

I thought The Cow's posting was noob town, but BBmolla's abrasive and brash posting was a virtual slap in the face, and I would be okay with The Cow's death.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #670 (isolation #7) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:47 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

That said, I'm uncomfortable with BBmolla for two reasons, both having to deal with his predecessor Astinus.

When ABR and vettrock were neck and neck for the first time, at L-3 each (per ), Astinus was the one who swooped in to break the tie and voted for ABR, not vettrock, in . Being wrong does not make one scum, but man it sits uneasy with me.

vettrock's is another "This guy is scummy, but I won't vote him."

BBmolla, please be town. :(
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #671 (isolation #8) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:48 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 669, pisskop wrote:Too tryhard, bro. It'll only send you to the gallows after me.

Yeah.

:(

My momma made my middle name "tryhard" and I just can't shake it.

Green tryhard Crayons.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #673 (isolation #9) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:49 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

@slimer:
is your usual posting style? Several quotes followed by blocks to text?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #674 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:58 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Uh, who else is there.

slimer: only problem I see is what could be considered active lurking (maybe due to real life issues, so not really alignment indicative), with using a bunch of catchup posts that, uncharitably, could be said are being used to look more active than she actually is. But maybe that's just because I have only skimmed the most recent pages and so haven't really delved into her posts.

texcat: only problem I had with her play was the "these two active wagons are on scummy people, but I'll go for a lurker," but that was a while ago and I haven't had a problem with her play since.

Herodotus: I see town.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #675 (isolation #11) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:02 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 672, pisskop wrote:I've behaved consistent with my abilities. I'm not really good at finding scum off of superficial social tells. How the heck you all glaze over posting details and still manage to convince others is as yet lost to me.

Alternatively, you replaced into a scumslot, ISOed your predecessor, and was like "uughgghgh okay whatever."
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #676 (isolation #12) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:02 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

I guess you would have been "were like," not "was like."
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #683 (isolation #13) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:59 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 677, pisskop wrote:Whatever narration helps you feel useful. I'm not scumreading teapot.

Your actions fit much more comfortably under my theory than your alleged approach to the game.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #684 (isolation #14) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:01 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 679, BBmolla wrote:I replaced zymf

Close reading ftw.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #685 (isolation #15) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:11 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 684, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 679, BBmolla wrote:I replaced zymf

Close reading ftw.

Reviewing zymf's ISO, there's only the small ping of newscum talking about mafia kills and then talking about how he wouldn't talk about mafia kills if he was the killer, but I'm not buying it because, here, it reads natural while being prompted by other players.

BBmolla, you're likely town. Hurrah.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #686 (isolation #16) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:20 am

Post by Green Crayons »

@Hero:

In post 682, Herodotus wrote:Green Crayons, you mentioned that post 215 excluded droog. (On a related note, I've been imagining that vettrock would likely include one buddy in the "Cow or Zymf or theslimer3" lurkerscum group.) When I read that before vett flipped, I assumed droog was excluded because of the v/la. While there may have been an alignment-based reason for the omission, there is also a non-alignment based explanation.

Yes, I agree that there is a droog-scum (buddy) and a droog-town (V/LA) explanation for why vettrock kept droog off of his pool of potential lurker scums. For the reasons stated, I think it more readily aligns with droog having been scum.

Also, having already laid the foundation to at least suspect droog, I don't see why vett-scum would have kept droog off the list entirely unless if vett wasn't keen on droog getting attention. In , vett made two different lynch pools of <ABR, Sup, OR Teapot> AND <Cow, zymf, slimer>, and made the third scum a big ???. In , vett clarified that maybe there were two scums in each pool, but a flip would be necessary to further pursue elusive scum #3.

That was a lot of effort for vett-scum to conjure up. Why not make things easier on himself, and make his reads look more naturally developed, and use the crutch of his already-existing droog suspicions by throwing droog into the mix if not but for droog's scumbuddy status?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #688 (isolation #17) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:03 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Your presence in this game has been minimal. That is an indictment in and of itself, particularly because you claimed to have read the entire game after you replaced in. And yet you haven't provided any content that would reflect such an actual process of reading the thread.

WIFOM is a BS defense. Amazingly, scum 99% of the time don't just slip. A lot of actions can come from town or scum, and assessing those actions requires a judgment in determining whether, in that particular instance, it came from town or scum. Feel free to explain how the suspicious actions you and your slot have taken are more comfortably explained as coming from town. If I'm wrong, I'd love to hear it, because I'm interested in lynching scum, not winning arguments.

If you know your slot's alignment, and that alignment is town, then you can reasonably get into the headspace of your slot's prior occupant and help explain your sloat's (in)actions. Will it be a perfect explanation? No. But such is the weight of responsibility of a replacement. :roll:
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #690 (isolation #18) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:41 am

Post by Green Crayons »

The strongest case to made against anyone is interactions/lack thereof with the scum.

You're turning that on its head by saying "man suspicions based on vett-scum's interactions/lack thereof are weaksauce."

Which is lolscummy.

In post 689, pisskop wrote:I thinkVettrock was willing to lie low, anx I think that youre picking up on what was likely his D2 or D3 work,.

I don't understand what you're saying here.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #692 (isolation #19) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:46 am

Post by Green Crayons »

:)

Okay. I'm happy with my vote for now.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #693 (isolation #20) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:03 am

Post by Green Crayons »

So, two biggest problems I see with slimer.

Misdirection/fake contribution, telling town to look at a specific archaebob's post in order to divine why arch was killed, but refuses to actually provide any content on that point. .

Her posting frequently/format resembles that of scum. She'll go inactive, come back with a massive quote/respond post, have a smattering of smaller posts, and then go inactive again for a few days. The inactive - sudden activity flurry - then inactive again allows her to not be in the center of thread consciousness. Her massive quote/respond posts make her look active, but most folks will probably only skim, and therefore she evades real scrutiny.

In post 642, BBmolla wrote:I'd be very very surprised if both hero and slimer were town

I also agree with this.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #694 (isolation #21) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:03 am

Post by Green Crayons »

UNVOTE: pisskop
VOTE: slimer
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #695 (isolation #22) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:07 am

Post by Green Crayons »

That said, in ISOing vett I don't see anything he says about slimer that makes me think "yeah, buddies."
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #699 (isolation #23) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:36 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 544, Wisdom wrote:Vote Count 1.19 (FINAL)
Albert B. Rampage
(6)
-
Teapot
BBMolla
Sup-Zero
vettrock
Albert B. Rampage
, Herodotus
[LYNCH]

texcat (1)
-
pisskop

Herodotus (1)
-
texcat

Not Voting:
theslimer3,
Morgan
, TheCow

If slimer = scum, then it's tex and Cow.
If slimer = town, then it's piss and ???. Hrm. Cow. Sure.

/takesabow
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #703 (isolation #24) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:47 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 702, Herodotus wrote:Green Crayons, you don't mind that pisskop is voting slimer?

No.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #704 (isolation #25) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:49 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 702, Herodotus wrote:When BBMolla said it, I figured it was just because BB was claiming suspicion of each of us, but coming from you/your playerslot, I'm mystified. I hope you're right, but I don't see why that would be true.

It sounded right when I read it. Mainly because I didn't think much of your slimer case at the time. (I have since re-reviewed your slimer case, and think it's 1/2 solid, 1/2 crazytown. Which is, whatever.)

I obviously don't believe it 100%, as indicated by Post 699. I have questions for you if slimer flips town, though. QUESTIONS.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #705 (isolation #26) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:51 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 702, Herodotus wrote:but coming from you/your playerslot, I'm mystified.

Also, lolwhat.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #709 (isolation #27) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:51 am

Post by Green Crayons »

BBmolla's posting is incredibly town. Did I not make that clear? His slot's prior occupant is what would lessen that read.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #710 (isolation #28) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:55 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 708, texcat wrote:Green Canyons,
It bothers me that your case on Pisskop is based on Droog. And I disagree with almost all of it. Droog seemed to be his ordinary town self to me. He was one of my strongest town reads. Droog was V/LA. He wasn't lurking, he was gone. From the site. No reason to include him on a lurker list.

I agree that Pisskop's voting record has a lot to be desired, but I don't think it's actually as bad as Teapot's.

Your case on BBmolla was entirely based on Astinus. Which is crazy not because BB did not replace into that slot, but because BB has posted orders of magnitude more than Astinus, which you just seemed to ignore in favor of Astinus's handful of posts. And on discovering your mistake of who replaced whom, why do you review Zmpf's iso and ignore BB's? And yet you declare that BB is town?

Also, that was not ordinary droog town. Ordinary droog town drills down on shit. Not here.

It's not a matter of whether droog was lurking or was V/LA. It's a matter of why vett-scum didn't mention him.

lol @ admitting pisskop's voting record as pretty scummy, but alluding to a baseless claim of worse voting record. If piss is scum, I'll be happy to vote you, sure.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #711 (isolation #29) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:57 am

Post by Green Crayons »

And it's
Crayons
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #712 (isolation #30) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:13 am

Post by Green Crayons »

lol @ admitting pisskop's voting record as pretty scummy, but alluding to a baseless claim of worse voting record. If piss is scum, I'll be happy to vote you, sure.

Actually, flip this and reverse it. It looks more like something scum would say to defend town, rather than somethig scum would say to defend a buddy.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #719 (isolation #31) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:44 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Posting.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #720 (isolation #32) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:53 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Re-reviewed Hero's slimer case. Still 50/50 in terms of good/bad suspicions. Still comfortable with my own problems with slimer. Still happy to see her flip to help out my reads on Hero/pisskop.

In post 718, Herodotus wrote:Looking back at vettrock's suggested targets for the venge kill makes theslimer a bit less suspicious. My first intuition says scum would generally tend to want to mention the names of townies, whether recommending against shooting them (sup-zero) or suggesting them (cow, slimer, teapot).

Maybe. Or maybe Rule of 3 (or 4, as the case may be here). Or maybe he mentioned two scum. I really don't see how one could have a basis to decide which was more likely when scum start a list of players.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #730 (isolation #33) » Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:07 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Can we please move on this, now?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #731 (isolation #34) » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:49 am

Post by Green Crayons »

BBmolla. Hero. Sup. Seriously. 728.

1. Super wall of "this looks like contribution, right?" Further reinforced by the fact that she keeps speaking but isn't saying anything.

What She Said:
"Can you really say that's scummy at all? I don't normally say my opinion on anything for that matter. Just because I don't say something doesn't mean I have some ulterior motive of throwing the discussion off or trying to veer off it, so this speculation just seems pointless to me."
What She Means:
"No, this isn't scummy, trust me, I just always play anti-town."

3. "Teapot/GC is suspicious because <weak reasons>. However, I shall vote for someone who has no traction because that is safe."
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #732 (isolation #35) » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:49 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Also, I want to see slimer's flip because pisskop, holy crap.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #734 (isolation #36) » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:03 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Not quite that extreme, but I will double down or back off for a long while depending upon the flip.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #736 (isolation #37) » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:03 am

Post by Green Crayons »

texcat loves defending pisskop.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #737 (isolation #38) » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:04 am

Post by Green Crayons »

If slimer flips scum, pisskop is likely town.

If pisskop is town, texcat is more likely to be scum.

Lynch slimer, let's see if this logic chain has teeth to it.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #739 (isolation #39) » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:07 am

Post by Green Crayons »

"dichotomous alignments"

???
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #754 (isolation #40) » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:33 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I know I used the term "active lurking," but that's not really the idea I'm trying to get at with:

In post 693, Green Crayons wrote:2. Her posting frequently/format resembles that of scum. She'll go inactive, come back with a massive quote/respond post, have a smattering of smaller posts, and then go inactive again for a few days. The inactive - sudden activity flurry - then inactive again allows her to not be in the center of thread consciousness. Her massive quote/respond posts make her look active, but most folks will probably only skim, and therefore she evades real scrutiny.

Clarification That I Made In Another Game: (<-- the links still work if you follow that)

I'm not saying her V/LA is fabricated. I'm saying that going absent and then coming back with a serious of catch up posts -- and this is her habitual play this game, not a one-time event -- is aligned with scum play.

Oldie Mafia 2. The scum that was constantly doing catch up posts was porochaz. He had a legitimate excuse for his V/LA (funeral and other bad IRL experiences), but he kept doing posts like these: Post 444, Post 596, Post 676.

Also, I just got finished with a game where this happened again. Mini 1609. The scum that was constantly doing catch up posts was massive. Once again, a legitimate reason (no weeked access), but he kept doing posts like these: Post 2434, 2497, and Post 3336.

Once again, it's not so much that someone has V/LA, and then decides to make catch up posts. It's the heavy emphasis of using catch up posts, as it allows a person to look like they are providing the town with a lot of activity, but it isn't really all that substantive and useful for the town.

Of course, being V/LA was the predicate for farside relying heavily on her catch up posts, but it's the catch up posts and not her V/LA that is the suspicious part of her play for purposes of that line of suspicion. And as I pointed out when Riddle wanted me to do the work for farside, farside could have jumped in and made a (what would have been a pretty convincing) meta defense: that she has been doing similar catch up posts in all of her games.

For the record, farside was scum in that game, too.

It's an easy crutch to use if you're scum, and that's why I think it is more likely to come from scum than town. And while I don't think it's a sure fire tell, for me it helps solidify the good aspects of the case I've seen Hero make against slimer.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #756 (isolation #41) » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:37 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Well, that was partly responding to you, but also clarifying because one of slimer's big points was "oooh maybe I'm just inactive because IRL guys JEEZE."
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #761 (isolation #42) » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Then slimed is lynched and Wisdom missed your vote.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #762 (isolation #43) » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:36 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

lol @ anything in this game being "quick"
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #763 (isolation #44) » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:38 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

^^^ seriously, slimed suspicions were voiced and slimed responded to them at least twice.

If that isn't a sufficiently vetted wagon - regardless of whether you ultimately agree with the wagon - then the sky is green, grass is blue, etc etc.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #772 (isolation #45) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:16 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Casually forgotten:
In post 708, texcat wrote:I agree that Pisskop's voting record has a lot to be desired, but I don't think it's actually as bad as Teapot's.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #774 (isolation #46) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:03 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Hero, don't believe lies.

Especially lies backed up by cherry-picked quotes.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #776 (isolation #47) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:41 am

Post by Green Crayons »

@Titus:
Your case is a mixed bag.

In post 748, Titus wrote:#189, Texcat should be lynched before Vettrock. Given Vettrock was not the dayvig, if Slimer flips scum, Texcat is almost certainly town. He also avoids giving direct comment on the ABR and Vettock wagons here.

Begrudging agreement on Vett-Scum and Slimer-Scum being unlikely buddies with texcat per . Would need to give it more thought though based on a full review of their ISOs post flip.

I agree with your observation about avoiding commentary, which is alignment indicative. Coincides with Hero's observations in and , and my observations in . A Good Suspicion.

In post 748, Titus wrote:#76 Slimer and Vettock both push no real leads yet, but don't have interaction to determine alignment with each other. They both act as if they are both looking for scumslips to push, despite no clues. Huh?

Yes, could be mafia/mafia chatter. Not particularly persuasive.

In post 748, Titus wrote:#248 post trying to link someone as scum with Vett for putting ABR at L-1 (not sure who solely by looking at the ISO)

Not sure what point you're trying to make. I accept your characterization of Slimer's , but I don't know what I'm supposed to do with that.

In post 748, Titus wrote:#555 implies that ABR's shot is something to be feared and a voter changed because they did not fear ABR's shot anymore. This implies town ABR. Someone who thought ABR was scum wouldn't fear a vengeshot on day 1.

Slimer's looks like she's talking about the scum kill shot, not ABR's vengekill shot. So I understand the argument you're making, and I would agree with it, but I'm not sure the facts support your argument.

-----

That said, rereading Slimer's "I think in this there's a reason for the Vig shot. I really don't understand why that shot was fired." in 555 just looks even more scummy than the last time I focused on this post.

Slimer quotes archebob's post where he votes ABR, and suspects Cow and pisskop. And then says "LOOK HERE FOLKS FOR A REASON." But then immediately says "BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT COULD BE HMMMMMM." My goodness it's scummy play, nudging the town to do the legwork and suspect Cow and pisskop all without having to push the (presumably mislynch) cases herself.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #778 (isolation #48) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:54 am

Post by Green Crayons »

That's just my logic train sending chills through your body.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #786 (isolation #49) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:00 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Apologies pisskop. I stand down.

@pisskop:
was Titus's partially incoherent push on slimer a bus?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #788 (isolation #50) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:04 am

Post by Green Crayons »

You responded to a wall case when you should have had to do so.

The horror.

That is what the apology is for.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #789 (isolation #51) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:04 am

Post by Green Crayons »

should not have had*
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #793 (isolation #52) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:30 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Your list.

Makes no sense.

lol
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #794 (isolation #53) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:31 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Well, I can see one thing about Sup that could put him at 3.

But 3, following tex and Titus.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #796 (isolation #54) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:38 am

Post by Green Crayons »

From the hip: you because of slimer's Post 189.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #817 (isolation #55) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:19 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 776, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 748, Titus wrote:#189, Texcat should be lynched before Vettrock. Given Vettrock was not the dayvig, if Slimer flips scum, Texcat is almost certainly town. He also avoids giving direct comment on the ABR and Vettock wagons here.
Begrudging agreement on Vett-Scum and Slimer-Scum being unlikely buddies with texcat per . Would need to give it more thought though based on a full review of their ISOs post flip.

Actually giving this some more thought, I disagree about what I said before.

Also, I find that Titus's characterization of what happened to be incorrect, much like many of her other points in 748.

slimer-scum
was not
saying that texcat
should be
lynched before Vett-scum, like Titus says in 748.

slimer-scum
was
saying that texcat
should not be
lynched before Vett-scum, by questioning "what gives Texcat priority over Vettrock" (direct quote from ), and then challenging Sup to back up his claim that texcat had made a scummy wall.

I don't know if that really is alignment indicative. slimer-scum was responding to Sup's charge to lynch Vett-scum followed by tex in . So slimer wasn't just, on her own, commenting upon the relative merits of Vett-scum's and tex's lynches - she was responding to another player's lineup. So it's not like slimer was the one who framed the conversation, and therefore I don't know whether we can extrapolate tex's alignment from slimer's 189 one way or the other.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #818 (isolation #56) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:23 am

Post by Green Crayons »

The fact that Titus's case against slimer-scum was based in part on false characterizations of posts, and in part on just not really alignment indicative alignments, and that Titus's case for texcat-town is also based on a false characterization of a post, further strengthens my suspicion of Titus.

I don't know why Titus-scum would go out of her way to lie about what posts say or don't say, though, because it wouldn't be difficult to be called out for lying. I'm just confused on that point.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #825 (isolation #57) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:58 am

Post by Green Crayons »

What you say 189 says is the exact opposite of what 189 says.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #826 (isolation #58) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:59 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 817, Green Crayons wrote:slimer-scum was not saying that texcat should be lynched before Vett-scum, like Titus says in 748.

slimer-scum was saying that texcat should not be lynched before Vett-scum, by questioning "what gives Texcat priority over Vettrock" (direct quote from Post 189), and then challenging Sup to back up his claim that texcat had made a scummy wall.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #839 (isolation #59) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:38 am

Post by Green Crayons »

@Titus:

In post 831, Titus wrote:No he wasn't questioning there. He was most likely trying to get town to argur for things they are unaware of being anti-town. It is a tactic I use all the time as scum.

If you are right (as most seem to agree), then texcat flips scum and I will eat my words.

I think I see what you're saying.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #840 (isolation #60) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:38 am

Post by Green Crayons »

But I'm not sure I agree with you.

189 is confusing.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #842 (isolation #61) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:42 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I'm having doubts. vett and slimer didn't leave good ISOs. I'll take my time.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #844 (isolation #62) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:52 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I was quite sure with slimer.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #845 (isolation #63) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:53 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Also, "I only trust people who don't question their suspicions," is lol.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #854 (isolation #64) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:48 am

Post by Green Crayons »

VOTE: texcat

lol, 851
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #855 (isolation #65) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:50 am

Post by Green Crayons »

See, Titus? I just need players to keep up their suspicious play so I don't stew in my what ifs.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #869 (isolation #66) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:40 am

Post by Green Crayons »

@Hero:

In post 866, Herodotus wrote:I feel like this makes Sup look fairly clean. It may also vindicate texcat but that's more complicated. I'd like BBMolla, texcat, Green Crayons, and Titus, who named Sup-Zero, to comment on that.

I put Sup on my list only because he refused to vote slimer. Your observation of slimer's 189 + 192 feels correct.

In post 867, Herodotus wrote:I don't understand how theslimer3 being scum clears pisskop. His mentions of theslimer are limited, and vettrock and theslimer hardly mentioned his playerslot at all, other than vettrock 86 which was a silly, throwaway accusation that didn't include a vote.

Why would pisskop-scum switch his vote to slimer-scum when pisskop did, and then stick to it? I don't see it.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #870 (isolation #67) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:45 am

Post by Green Crayons »

For what it's worth, I'm disinclined to vote Titus after reading vett/slimer ISOs.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #871 (isolation #68) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:49 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 869, Green Crayons wrote:
@Hero:

In post 866, Herodotus wrote:I feel like this makes Sup look fairly clean. It may also vindicate texcat but that's more complicated. I'd like BBMolla, texcat, Green Crayons, and Titus, who named Sup-Zero, to comment on that.

I put Sup on my list only because he refused to vote slimer. Your observation of slimer's 189 + 192 feels correct.

Oh, to the extent you were wanting commentary on whether Sup's and slimer's interaction clears texcat, I point you to:

In post 817, Green Crayons wrote:I don't know if that really is alignment indicative. slimer-scum was responding to Sup's charge to lynch Vett-scum followed by tex in Post 165. So slimer wasn't just, on her own, commenting upon the relative merits of Vett-scum's and tex's lynches - she was responding to another player's lineup. So it's not like slimer was the one who framed the conversation, and therefore I don't know whether we can extrapolate tex's alignment from slimer's 189 one way or the other.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #886 (isolation #69) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:40 am

Post by Green Crayons »

VOTE: tex
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #890 (isolation #70) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:45 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Hero was pretty obvtown.

I was thinking that if tex is scum, a kill would probably happen today simply to get it in. It's a bad strategy to use the second and final daykill at this stage of the game unless if tex or one of Hero's main suspects who hasn't been suspected by others (and thus is nipping the suspicion in the bud) is scum.

To be fair, I was thinking that tex-scum would have killed off her wagon simply to throw town for a loop. Here there be WIFOM, however, so. (shrug)
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #898 (isolation #71) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:41 am

Post by Green Crayons »

If texcat isn't scum, I'm betting that it's Morgan or BB. In that order.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #899 (isolation #72) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:43 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Actually, just did a quick review of Hero's suspicions, and I didn't realize he suspected BB as well.

Then, it's either Morgan or BB if it isn't texcat. I don't really have a preference of one before the other without thinking things through a bit more.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #900 (isolation #73) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:44 am

Post by Green Crayons »

@BBmolla:

In post 892, BBmolla wrote:Holy shit thanks scum

In post 893, BBmolla wrote:VOTE: Titus

Explain this.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #901 (isolation #74) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:46 am

Post by Green Crayons »

@Morgan:

In post 894, Morgan wrote:Sigh. I wasn't that suspicious of texcat, but given the complete lack of defense and the game stalling...

This is a lame excuse to vote texcat.

Who is your ideal vote?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #902 (isolation #75) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:50 am

Post by Green Crayons »

UNVOTE:

Woop Woop I can do what I want.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #912 (isolation #76) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:52 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Alright, here are my extended thoughts on pisskop that I didn't get into when I last mentioned him to Hero because I was being lazy.

pisskop is likely town because he switched to voting slimer - at that time, second on the wagon after Hero's vote - at the end of a lengthy defense against my case.

If pisskop was scum, his slimer vote would have been a move to shift the focus away from himself to another target. It's a pretty bad strategy for that target to be his last buddy with a case with no real legs to it yet. (One of the reasons why I immediately followed pisskop's vote onto slimer is because I wanted to see if pisskop would flinch.)

I mean, it's possible that pisskop decided to shift attention away from himself to a buddy simply to be distancing, but that was suboptimal play when this was the VC:
In post 678, Wisdom wrote:
Vote Count 2.5
TheCow (2)
-
texcat, BBMolla

theslimer3 (1)
-
Herodotus

Herodotus (1)
-
Sup-Zero

Sup-Zero (1)
-
Morgan

pisskop (1)
-
Green Crayons

Not Voting:
theslimer3, TheCow, pisskop

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Day 2 ends in (expired on 2015-03-01 01:15:23).

TheCow has been prodded.

pisskop could have gone for the acceptable Cow wagon and sat at comfortable slot #3, or nudge one of the other 1-vote wagons Hero or Sup. pisskop-scum voting slimer-scum hinges upon pisskop hoping that a distancing vote, which might have encouraged the slimer wagon into a lynch, would ultimately be a net good for his team in the face of slimer being lynched.

That is, pisskop-scum's strategy would be helping his last buddy be put into the spotlight traded off with only the hope that he'd be able to skate by on good feelings for that alone. That's... pretty bad scum play, and if pisskop
is
actually scum, this play worked simply because I don't think pisskop-scum would be that bad at playing scum.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #913 (isolation #77) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:53 am

Post by Green Crayons »

@BBmolla:

In post 905, BBmolla wrote:I had hero as possible scum, removing them was a nice gift.

Not like it matters, I'm getting lynched after texcat anyway (they're probably town)

Why did you vote texcat and then switch back to Titus after the daykill?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #918 (isolation #78) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:27 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

VOTE: texcat

Well I have more questions if this isn't a win right here.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #921 (isolation #79) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:58 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Hurrah.

Thanks for the game, Wisdom.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #945 (isolation #80) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:35 am

Post by Green Crayons »

It wasn't that you were inactive, per se, it's how you handled it that was suspicious insofar as the "inactivity" suspicions went.

Return to “Completed Open Games”