texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (isolation #0) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:58 pm

Post by texcat »

Thanks for the welcome!

I have ISO'd my predecessors. Not much there. So first thing I want to know is why I have 2 votes. Kop? Almost50? Care to explain?

Starting to read...might be a while.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:30 pm

Post by texcat »

I've made it up to page 10.

UNVOTE: Kop I haven't got to where he votes me, but he looks like town. Actually, my one strong read so far.

I'm reading a lot of emotional stuff. Not seeing a lot of scum hunting.
Mad King posted the odd numbers on the first page, but I haven't seen an explanation or very much of him at all in the first 10 pages.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:42 pm

Post by texcat »

Made it through the first quick skim. It's never the same as reading it at the time. I'm also leaning town on
Persivul
Firestarter. Need to sleep before I vote. My initial read had me leaning scum on KT and EE, but I fear that was their newbiness. Also Burning Crystal has been uncharacteristical quiet, but I guess I can put that down to RL. I'd still like to hear from Almost50 who seemed to take an easy vote on my slot.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (isolation #3) » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:49 am

Post by texcat »

LOL. I have no idea what kind of "important stuff" SI was going to have "soon". I never almost have important stuff, and never on Day One. Sorry that you don't think that my reads are useful.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (isolation #4) » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:41 am

Post by texcat »

In post 486, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:Vote me, I'm not a newb.

Well, Ok then.
VOTE: Eagle
In post 522, Almost50 wrote:Yes. I precisely picked my fake claim to be PGO to see how the Ashnard slot would react. If I said Compulsive Fruit Vendor or Vig for example also the SK would know it's fake, and I wanted to make sure my suspicions on that slot were spot on according to my theory.

This is why we should restrict fake claims to scum. How are we supposed to sort out whether this is the worst fake claim ever from a townie or a scum claim? Did you consider that you were much more likely to catch a town pr than a werewolf with this claim?

In post 559, Aneninen wrote:
In post 508, Almost50 wrote:Just so you stop messing around; I'm an X-shot PGO

Good.
If so, he won't get to LyLo, so I'm believing this. (Check out the Setup Scheme.)

Hmmm. I see in setup 5 that there is a mafia roleblocker that could block a PGO, but I don't see that in setup 9. Not that it matters if the claim is fake.

In post 559, Aneninen wrote:
In post 530, Mad King Ashnard wrote:Your crime fighting powers?
Your technical ability is awful and your scumhunting is awful as well. You single handedly lost us the game with Soapbar and Iraonavp.
Don't even talk.

Why have I had to read posts like this in every single game recently?

+1

UNVOTE: Eagle
VOTE: Almost50
Looks more like a fake claim from scum to me. While Almost did not have that many votes yet, there were quite a number of people who said that they were Ok with, or considering, or would be willing to vote Almost. I think he's scum who was getting nervous and at least wanted to learn something about town prs if he was going to be lynched.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (isolation #5) » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:01 am

Post by texcat »

In post 563, Almost50 wrote:The ONLY PR that could've been outed here would be the PGO themselves. I'm a Weak Bodygaurd. We thus are in scenarios 5, 10 or 12. ALL 12 scenarios have Jailers and Cops, so these would not be outed by my false claim. Furthermore,
I know we don't have a Tracker
, a BulletProof or a Vig.

1 Town Jailer, 1 Town Cop, 5 Town Citizen,
1 Town Tracker
, 1 Town Weak Bodyguard, 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 WW Goon, 1 WW Roleblocker

Sorry, this still looks like a claim from scum. I would expect the real Bodyguard to be more familiar with the scenarios he was in. Especially if he claimed to study them.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (isolation #6) » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:02 am

Post by texcat »

In post 573, Mad King Ashnard wrote:VOTE: Texcat
Not finished reviewing but from who I've looked at so far I feel good about this.

Not sure what all you are reviewing, but you can ISO me and ALL of my predecessors in about 30 seconds.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (isolation #7) » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:26 pm

Post by texcat »

In post 586, davesaz wrote:VOTE: Aneninen
I have a reason for wanting the bodyguard to be preserved. You really need to pick another target. Immediately.

Is this vote because you think Aneninen is scum? Or is it a pressure vote? Do you have reasons for Aneninen being scum aside from his vote on Almost?
In post 591, Burning Crystal wrote:I could but my obvtown reads are pushing Anenenien. Tex is not likely to give us reaction, so he's more of a lynch if there's nothing better to do.

~Titus

Not sure what I should react to. A vote based mostly on the absence of my predecessors?

In post 598, Burning Crystal wrote:
In post 595, Mad King Ashnard wrote:Or maybe you're defending your partner texcat?

Don't break my heart Rasky. I wanna think y'all are town. Stuff like this doesn't work.

Dave and Almost are obvious town to me. You're kinda townish, I get close to wanting to follow along with you and you attack me for sheeping bigger townreads rather than actually pushing your case.

~Titus

Can you explain for the simple minded like me your town reads on Dave and Almost? Cause I'm not seeing it on either one.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (isolation #8) » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:45 am

Post by texcat »

In post 620, Mad King Ashnard wrote:
Texcat's recent posts don't really seem to be lacking scumhunting. This game is also likely multi ball or mafia plus SK which means every slot should be scumhunting even if scum.

...which?
She's made 8.
None of them really have any scumhunting. The closest thing is the post on Almost50 but the way she deals with his claim is odd and it strikes me as far more IIOA than anything; she talks more about him being scum for mistakes that he's made than about him being scum for any sort of scum intent. And when you say recent posts, 609 is entirely worthless until she follows up on her questions, 577 is useless, 568 is useless and feels far more like scum looking for a reason than a legitimate thought process, 485 was incredibly waffly, etc.
In post 624, Mad King Ashnard wrote:Like you can argue about that one post where she talks about Davesaz's vote transition and she talks to you but it really doesn't have any real town-sorting-game urgency feels to me.

The Davesaz question is utterly undirected (where is she planning to go with it?) and hasn't been followed up on as of yet, etc.

Wow. That seems pretty harsh. entirely worthless and useless??

I point out why neither of Almost50's claims can be true and that's useless and not scum hunting?
I ask questions to try to sort people and just because you can't see where I am going with it, it's entirely worthless. Do I have to be "going somewhere" to ask questions?
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (isolation #9) » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:51 am

Post by texcat »

Stuff from Almost50? Yes.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (isolation #10) » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:56 am

Post by texcat »

Yes. Was there something in particular that you wanted me to comment on?
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (isolation #11) » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:02 am

Post by texcat »

Davesaz, Oh, you mean you wanting to keep the bodyguard alive? I can understand giving him the benefit of doubt, but in my mind there's no much doubt.
Nevertheless, it looks like he's not getting lynched today and I will probably move my vote this evening (I am afk this afternoon.)
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (isolation #12) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:53 pm

Post by texcat »

In post 752, chilledtea wrote:I would personally, like to know who texcat would like lynched today.

Me too! I'm not feeling at all confident in my reads atm.
I have a town read on Kop. I have played with scum Kop and he was not nearly as involved in the game as he is here.
I have a scum read on Almost50 for the two fake claims, but will give him another day.
I'm leaning town on Aneninen, Xtoxm, and Acryon. They are making sober thoughtful posts that I mostly agree with and can see the reasoning behind.
Davesaz seems to be posting more than I am used to from him, which originally had me with a ? by his name. He's going in the null pile for now. I expect he'll get sorted sooner rather than later.
ChilledTea is going into the null pile for the moment. I wasn't particularly happy with Eagle, and want to give ChilledT a chance.
Also in the null pile, but I wouldn't mind policy lynching are KT and Fire starter.
BurningCrytal. I seem to have a bad track record reading Titus. I started this game with a scum lean on her mostly because I disagreed with her reads, particularly Aneninen, but also Davesaz. The last time that happened I think I voted Titus who ended up town and correct in her reads. So I'm definitely hesitant here. And she's explained her Davesaz read and it makes sense now.
I'm left with Kuroi and MadKing.
Kuroi after all that work in his wall post only found scum based on their activity level. PEDIT: I see that has now changed somewhat.
In post 381, KuroiXHF wrote:Read List:
Town: Kop
Lean Town: Aneninen, Xtoxm, Davesaz, KainTepes
Null: Extrapolated Eagle, FireStarter
Lean Scum: Almost50, Mad King Ashnard
Scum: Burning Crystal, Sunset Illusions

VOTE: Burning Crystal

The only reason that I'm not voting Sunset Illusions is that I'm hoping he'll be replaced by someone active who can give me better reads. Burning Crystal is posting a lot of what I don't like, just enough to be somewhat active. I'm seeing a lot of flying below the radar.

VOTE: Mad King
I didn't appreciate him calling my posts absolutely worthless. I know that his case on me was wrong and have to think that he was just going for an easy target. A lot of his posts are fluffy and he earlier announced his lack of interest in sorting anyone and in the game.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #772 (isolation #13) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:59 pm

Post by texcat »

I love the way that Kuroi suggests that we consolidate on an old vote count before he got two votes.
FWIW here's what I've got as current. And as I post it, I notice that I don't like my company very much on Mad King.

Burnign Crystal
- (5), Aneninen, KuroiXHF, davesaz, kop, Mad King Ashnard
Mad King Ashnard
- (3) Almost50, Kain Tepes, Texcat
Kop
- (2) Chilledtea, Acryon
Kuroi
- (2) Burning Crystal, xtoxm
ChilledTea
- (1) Fire Starter
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (isolation #14) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:07 am

Post by texcat »

Am I the only one who thinks that KT is an alt and is doing this on purpose??
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (isolation #15) » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:53 pm

Post by texcat »

In post 851, chilledtea wrote:
In post 846, davesaz wrote:I would ask why the choice is being limited to those two.
As for my answer, I'm already voting one of them... ;)

I think they have the highest chance of getting lynched today, personally. Also it was more of a "these are my super scum reads and I would like your opinion on it" post to which he replied.

Have you looked at a votecount recently?

Re: the coaching of KT.
In post 1, pisskop wrote:*In the spirit of being completely clear: All scum chats are active during the day.

There's really no need to be coaching him in thread.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (isolation #16) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:47 pm

Post by texcat »

Fudge. Just when I was beginning to think that I should move my vote to Kuroi he claims Jailer.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #956 (isolation #17) » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:14 pm

Post by texcat »

My strongest scum read is still Almost50, and Acryon is the one who started the wagon on him. I'm not really feeling the Acryon lynch.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #988 (isolation #18) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:00 am

Post by texcat »

I have to go to work this afternoon and don't have much time.

I am, indeed, vanilla townie.

I see a lot of votes on me that are not because I am scum, but just because there doesn't seem to be a better place to vote. That's unfortunate and does not bode well for town.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #991 (isolation #19) » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:39 am

Post by texcat »

My vote remains on Mad King, but my strongest scum read is still Almost50. You are correct, I have not pushed very much. Other than Almost, I am not very confident in my reads.

Return to “Completed Open Games”