GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (isolation #0) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:34 pm

Post by GinghamDog »

sorry all, I'm moving and haven't had internet since Friday.. literally haven't read a page of this game yet so I'll attempt to catch up asap
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:28 pm

Post by GinghamDog »

I have votes but I'm not really sure what to say about them since I don't know why they exist. Granted, I'm only skimming through and jumping around but I'm not seeing what Transcend did to earn scum reads other than replacing out? Or is it just POE? Or just Transcend being Transcend? lol
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:09 am

Post by GinghamDog »

In post 522, Wisdom wrote:
In post 519, GinghamDog wrote:I have votes but I'm not really sure what to say about them since I don't know why they exist. Granted, I'm only skimming through and jumping around but I'm not seeing what Transcend did to earn scum reads other than replacing out? Or is it just POE? Or just Transcend being Transcend? lol
This is called "why me fry me"
Focusing on why hes scumread rather than who is scum
First, I'm not a he. Second, I've never replaced into a slot that was already being voted on, so this is new for me. Naturally I want to understand why my predecessor was being voted and I don't see a clear case on him. I'm also still reading through the thread, will try to get a reads list together shortly.
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:37 am

Post by GinghamDog »

Here is my current reads list, but there's a lot of hunches and POE going on so far:

Townish:

Dunkerdoodles
Tails (I like a lot of his stuff with A50, but I feel that argument was probably t vs t)
Wisdom (he is pushing my slot a lot, but I think his play feels town motivated.. he's def not mafia since he prefers to go after them instead of WW, and I doubt he would be so obvious if he was WW)
MMM (his one-man show after replacing in seems pretty town to me; not saying scum wouldn't do this, but I think it's less likely)
Almost50 (played with him as scum and he's fairly hard to read.. I like some of his posts although I agreed more with Tails in their little melee)

Scummish:

NotTheRealPaul (seems newbscum, probably my most clear scum read, but I don't think he's WW)
Bins (purely POE since neither person in this slot did much)
MathBlade (525 feels like he's casting shadow on a player for something that isn't really true. For instance I'm new and I relish in scum roles, I get more bored as vanilla town)
Vedith (feels like scum doing the bare minimum)
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (isolation #4) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:55 am

Post by GinghamDog »

That doesn't make sense. I explained why I was absent from the Day Start. How can you call that role abandonment?
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (isolation #5) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:37 am

Post by GinghamDog »

In post 538, MathBlade wrote:
In post 518, GinghamDog wrote:sorry all, I'm moving and haven't had internet since Friday.. literally haven't read a page of this game yet so I'll attempt to catch up asap
This is not an explanation FYI it is an excuse.

Possible but I doubt it. How did you replace in without internet access?
There was a long gap in between Day 1 and Day 2 due to several replacements. I replaced in on June 19.
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:39 am

Post by GinghamDog »

In post 539, Vedith wrote:
In post 533, GinghamDog wrote:he's def not mafia since he prefers to go after them instead of WW
Why does that mean he can't be Mafia?
He doesn't seem to care who to go for (or at least claims). So why can't he be Mafia trying to manipulate people voting away from Mafia?
He made a post explaining why he wanted to go after mafia and leave the WW alone for now, I'm at work so it's hard for me to go back and look right now.
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:15 am

Post by GinghamDog »

This is an ironic position for me to be in. I've always REALLY wanted to play an SK-type role; I thought it would be right up my alley to work alone and survive at any cost. Here I finally have the chance, but I'm in a slot that's fairly well scum-read and I don't have enough real-life time or energy to dig myself out of the hole my predecessor put me in. If I was a better player with more time to focus on the game, I'd at least try to turn this around, but I don't have it in me. I don't think it's worth my sanity at this point anyway. I get pretty passionate in these games, and this situation is a recipe for bad blood.

So yes, I'm the Werewolf.
I'll gladly work with town to kill mafia in exchange for being endgamed and not lynched.
I guess technically you'd still have to lynch me after mafia is gone, but I'll happily bow out at that point and we'll call it a day. Can we make that deal?

It'd be different if I started the game fresh in this role, but like I said, I just simply don't have the mental wherewithal to take over a doomed slot, and I feel like I'm only going to make enemies with you guys in the process. Believe me, I hate wasting a cool slot with bad play, and I hate throwing a wrench into the mod's setup. But if I replaced out, it would be even more obvious that the slot is scum, and my replacement would have an even harder time. It's just not fun.

So there's my proposal. Direct me who to nightkill by mass-vote, whatever. I'm pro-town all the way, and I'm fine taking the loss if I can do something constructive and still have some fun in the game.

(Oh, and for the record, my reasons for not being around at Day start were in fact true. It irks me to tell the truth and still look like I'm lying.)
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (isolation #8) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:39 am

Post by GinghamDog »

Seer should come out. It's pointless for me to kill them and we'd have a confirmed townie.
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (isolation #9) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:52 am

Post by GinghamDog »

How about the Seer makes the decision on who I kill? Or just have all players vote.
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (isolation #10) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:55 am

Post by GinghamDog »

In post 565, MMM wrote:
In post 104, Generation X wrote:92 is a scumclaim btw

VOTE: thebrie
In post 105, Generation X wrote:93 doesn't make any sense with what was said in 92
I don't really like using meta but does anyone know whether Transcend would be able to hard bus his partner like this?
Transcend did in fact bus. His reasons for leaving the game were 99% hydra-related, but the final straw was Brie's lynch.
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (isolation #11) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:58 am

Post by GinghamDog »

In post 569, Vedith wrote:
In post 568, MMM wrote:Hmmmmmm

Ok she's probably the real WW but I'd still like the Seer to inspect her tonight just to be sure
And then tomorrow we have a confirmed. It works out perfectly.
Fine with me. I'll even no-kill tonight if it makes anyone feel better.
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (isolation #12) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:00 am

Post by GinghamDog »

In post 571, Wisdom wrote:gingham, any thoughts on who's mafia?
The reads list I made earlier were in fact my real reads. My reasons were pretty shit, but it's all I had. I'd say Paul is my best scum read.
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (isolation #13) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:11 am

Post by GinghamDog »

We still need to agree on how we're going to choose the night kill. I think we should hold off on kills until we have a confirmed Seer, that helps our chances of not hitting town.
There's really no fool-proof way of ONLY hitting mafia, but I think if all players vote for a night kill, we might discern some patterns and reason out who the scum team is likely to be.
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #579 (isolation #14) » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:16 am

Post by GinghamDog »

Anyone disagree with killing Vedith tonight?
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (isolation #15) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:57 am

Post by GinghamDog »

Wisdom is making sense.

@Tails, why do you doubt A50's claim?
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (isolation #16) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:34 am

Post by GinghamDog »

It's apparently not against the wincon rules for me to openly claim WW. I cleared it with the mod before I did it.

This slot had a 0.00001% of winning when I entered it. I'm losing anyway, so my aim was to do something constructive in the process.

I've never been lynched in the 8+ years I've been playing mafia, so let me help you fellas out.

VOTE: GinghamDog

Bang.
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (isolation #17) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:03 am

Post by GinghamDog »

In post 654, MMM wrote:
In post 653, GinghamDog wrote:I've never been lynched in the 8+ years I've been playing mafia
I highly doubt that lol
It's true. But this is mafiascum.net, where everything is considered a lie, so what the fuck ever.

I hammered. I'm dead. See ya.

Whatever team Wisdom is on, I hope that one wins. The lone voice of reason if he's town. And if he's scum, he deserves it.
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (isolation #18) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:53 am

Post by GinghamDog »

In post 663, Bins wrote: I don't think you're lying, but I don't honestly understand what your endgame was by claiming? It technically is against wincon to claim scum and no town is ever going to reach consensus to let an anti-town role live longer than maybe a day MAX. You were never going to win, don't understand why you're surprised. Like even if town were to win with your help... you wouldn't be given an "honorary" win. You would have lost.

Just my 5 cents.
If you'd read my posts (clearly you didn't), you'd see that I know that. I wasn't intending to win.

"Reading comprehension... how does it work?" - Bins
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (isolation #19) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:58 am

Post by GinghamDog »

Oh, it's NOT a hammer, because Math voted for me twice and I thought it was two separate votes. Somebody hammer.
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (isolation #20) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:13 am

Post by GinghamDog »

C'mon Wisdom, do the honors. This is your game, everyone else is just orbiting around you.
GinghamDog
GinghamDog
Goon
GinghamDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #712 (isolation #21) » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:37 am

Post by GinghamDog »

Cheating, lol. There's no issue with what I was doing. If there was, the mod would've told me when I asked him. And it's plenty fun, that's why I did it.

And it's Ms., not Mr. Learn to fucking read.

Yo Wisdom, whip these fuckers into shape for me. Especially Bins.

Later all.

Return to “Completed Open Games”