Open 697: Tit for Tat GAME OVER SCUM WINS!

TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #0) » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:08 am

Post by TywinL »

In post 19, Kop wrote:
In post 18, Kop wrote:
In post 16, kunkstar7 wrote:Skipping RVS, straight to serious mode.
Vote: Raya36
. It's just glaringly obvious at this point.
You not like RVS?

I'm assuming you have participated with Raya before?
Ahhh, you aren't serious, do ignore this post.
Why did you feel the need to indicate that kunstar wasn't being serious? That just undermines any pressure put on Raya.

VOTE: Kop
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #1) » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:57 am

Post by TywinL »

In post 37, Kop wrote:
In post 29, TywinL wrote:
In post 19, Kop wrote:
In post 18, Kop wrote:
In post 16, kunkstar7 wrote:Skipping RVS, straight to serious mode.
Vote: Raya36
. It's just glaringly obvious at this point.
You not like RVS?

I'm assuming you have participated with Raya before?
Ahhh, you aren't serious, do ignore this post.
Why did you feel the need to indicate that kunstar wasn't being serious? That just undermines any pressure put on Raya.

He's undermining any pressure put on that slot because if I can see it, others can too, I'd guess.
Not necessarily.
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #2) » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:59 am

Post by TywinL »

In post 27, SmoothBlue wrote:
In post 24, guyy wrote:what are you talking about
VOTE: guyy
In post 35, CommKnight wrote:
HEY GUYYS WE CAUGHT SCUM GUYYS.

VOTE: Guyy

Scum is oblivious to being outed.
Also.....what?
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #3) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:58 am

Post by TywinL »

In post 53, kunkstar7 wrote:Alright, besides the fact that apparently one word posts are a thing, lets see what we can do.

@wavemode: Want to elaborate on that vote a bit...at all even? Just voting with no context doesn't provide anything to convince anyone else, so I don't know how the hell you expect to get someone lynched if you honestly believe in your vote.

I think Raya handled the random stuff in good faith, not being fazed at all (despite the debacle of "is it pressure or is it not" that went on). Disregarding me completely seems pretty town to me, the disregard comes off as a townie who doesn't care about personal survival and rather finding the content that should be discussed instead.

Tywin is another thing, if he noticed that the idea was to run up pressure then why call out kop on it rather than help out? Seems disingenuous to me. I don't think there's any wrong intent in kop there since he obviously mistook my post initially, so very misplaced vote there by Tywin.
Vote: Tywin
for the insincerity.

Everyone else so far pretty much has said nothing of substance, so no reads there.
How could I "help" out if it was already dead to begin with? In my pov, RVS is used to pressure people and get reactions/information to get the game rolling. Undermining that is not town behavior. (Although I do agree with your town read on Raya)
In post 57, Raya36 wrote:
In post 56, wavemode wrote:
In post 54, Raya36 wrote:Why is this game so full of reasonless votes???
You've never RVS'd before?
I have but I thought we were at the point that we were starting to transition from RVS to actual gameplay but then more reasonless votes came in from people who have previously placed RVS votes.
We are past that point, so shit like this is no longer acceptable.
|
V
In post 52, Flubbernugget wrote:VOTE: guyy
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (isolation #4) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:59 am

Post by TywinL »

In post 41, wavemode wrote:
In post 29, TywinL wrote:Why did you feel the need to indicate that kunstar wasn't being serious? That just undermines any pressure put on Raya.

Is this vote serious?
In post 55, wavemode wrote:Was voting from my phone

just seemed very forced and reachy to me

Like someone looking for something to say about someone and grabbing whatever he could
Looks like you decided to answer your own question. Yes, it is serious.
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (isolation #5) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:59 am

Post by TywinL »

In post 60, wavemode wrote:So is not posting

Which is what most people are doing, sooo
Yes, I have too many null reads right now.
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #6) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:24 am

Post by TywinL »

In post 64, SmoothBlue wrote:
In post 40, TywinL wrote:
In post 35, CommKnight wrote:
HEY GUYYS WE CAUGHT SCUM GUYYS.

VOTE: Guyy

Scum is oblivious to being outed.
Also.....what?

My vote was just an RVS.

My assumption is that the others were too. Why question a RVS vote?
Didn't realize that it was RVS.
In post 70, CommKnight wrote:Guyy slipped. It was half-serious and half-RVS. But it's staying.
Care to point out the slip? I don't see it.
In post 71, Kop wrote:
In post 53, kunkstar7 wrote:Alright, besides the fact that apparently one word posts are a thing, lets see what we can do.

@wavemode: Want to elaborate on that vote a bit...at all even? Just voting with no context doesn't provide anything to convince anyone else, so I don't know how the hell you expect to get someone lynched if you honestly believe in your vote.

I think Raya handled the random stuff in good faith, not being fazed at all (despite the debacle of "is it pressure or is it not" that went on). Disregarding me completely seems pretty town to me, the disregard comes off as a townie who doesn't care about personal survival and rather finding the content that should be discussed instead.

Tywin is another thing, if he noticed that the idea was to run up pressure then why call out kop on it rather than help out? Seems disingenuous to me. I don't think there's any wrong intent in kop there since he obviously mistook my post initially, so very misplaced vote there by Tywin.
for the insincerity.

Everyone else so far pretty much has said nothing of substance, so no reads there.
Yes, I misunderstood your post and thought you were being serious when I questioned your post, it was only until after I posted I realised Raya never even posted so knew then it wasn't a serious post. I either pointed it out that I now know you weren't being serious, or I left it as it is, but divert the entire pressure you wanted to go towards Raya onto myself for questioning your intent towards Raya.
Hmm, yeah I'll buy this.
In post 72, Srceenplay wrote:I'll sheep. I don't get what the slip is but what ever.

Doesn't know what the slip is but votes anyway...hmm
VOTE: Srceenplay
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #7) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:25 am

Post by TywinL »

for the insincerity.

@Smooth, the bolded is pretty much why I am townreading Raya so far.
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #8) » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:10 pm

Post by TywinL »

In post 78, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 73, TywinL wrote:Doesn't know what the slip is but votes anyway...hmm
Would you have been ok with the sheep if I didn't mention the slip?
No because I have said earlier that all of the vote-only posts needs to stop as they provide no information whatsoever. Your justification in 79 for your sheep is pretty bad too.
In post 96, wavemode wrote:That said, if guyy is scum, I like Srceenplay for partner after
I can see this, but guuy is probably town.
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (isolation #9) » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:17 pm

Post by TywinL »

In post 91, SmoothBlue wrote:
In post 75, TywinL wrote:@Smooth, the bolded is pretty much why I am townreading Raya so far.
Tywin,
I asked you to elaborate. I understood from the previous posts why you would agree with it, but I also indicated that Raya could just as easily have been inactive/not enough time to respond/scum ignoring pressure.

I'll make it clear for you this time. In your own words, why do you believe Raya is town rather than just ignoring the thread?
Right but you are incorrect if you think Raya "ignored" the thread because she posted during that timeframe. While yes, it could have been scum ignoring pressure, I was getting town vibes from her anyway due to her eagerness to scumhunt and gather information. So it made perfect sense for her as town to just ignore the RVS bullshit and just try to find scum.
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #10) » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:20 pm

Post by TywinL »

In post 70, CommKnight wrote:Guyy slipped. It was half-serious and half-RVS. But it's staying.
Care to explain this please?
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #11) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:21 pm

Post by TywinL »

Life got busy.

Not a big fan of CommKnight's explanation but I'm keeping my vote on Srceen because he is my preferred lynch for today.

I also want to go back and evaluate some people and I will post more later.

@Flubber, why is guuy scum?
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #12) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:37 am

Post by TywinL »

In post 91, SmoothBlue wrote:
In post 75, TywinL wrote:@Smooth, the bolded is pretty much why I am townreading Raya so far.
Tywin,
I asked you to elaborate. I understood from the previous posts why you would agree with it, but I also indicated that Raya could just as easily have been inactive/not enough time to respond/scum ignoring pressure.

I'll make it clear for you this time. In your own words, why do you believe Raya is town rather than just ignoring the thread?
Question for you, why was I required to go into detail about my town read on Raya and answer questions about it but kunstar gets an ez pass? (even though kunstar was the one that wrote a wall about his Raya town read in the first place)
In post 159, SmoothBlue wrote:VOTE: Sesq

I'm down for a Sesq lynch today.

His content is very self-centered, concerned. He isn't exactly playing to find scum but playing as if others are trying to bait him.
He isn't going to provide any detailed reads from what I can see, and he isn't hunting.

I don't believe CommKnights reasoning is correct, regarding no wagon = scum. It is concerning to bring up the setup and how everyone should be playing this early into the game. This establishes a leadership role, which he has already exploited in the "slip" and then in this post.

In my opinion, leadership roles are used by players who;
1. have a ton of experience in the game
2. trying to divert town to non-mafia targets

Going to give CommKight the benefit of the doubt here, but duly noted.
I don't think Sesq is really scum, he seems more of trolling-town to me.
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (isolation #13) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:38 am

Post by TywinL »

I like Mulch's entrance, but I disagree with some of his reads but that's just me.
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (isolation #14) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:41 am

Post by TywinL »

@Mulch, how is Srceenplay's jump onto the guuy wagon not scummy and opportunistic as fuck? And how is 138 and 139 "brutally honest"? And the fact that 168 pings town for you is worrisome.
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #15) » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:01 am

Post by TywinL »

In post 184, Mulch wrote:
In post 180, TywinL wrote:@Mulch, how is Srceenplay's jump onto the guuy wagon not scummy and opportunistic as fuck? And how is 138 and 139 "brutally honest"?
It's opportunistic in the most basic sense of the word, but in reality it really ins't. Scum usually aren't that audacious to blatantly proclaim that they are sheeping without a reason. I mean, it could be scum. But there is a high chance it isn't, mostly just based on experience. just shows pure openness and a severe lack of caring how they are perceived (this is a good thing) with calling out a scumteam that early.
So you are basically saying that by Srceen being so opportunistic......he ended up not being opportunistic.
In post 185, Mulch wrote:
In post 180, TywinL wrote:And the fact that 168 pings town for you is worrisome.
Quote me where I say that?
My bad, you said 162 and I mistyped 168. Caring about your appearance rather doing some scumhunting (during the time when the Srceen wagon was forming) is rather scummy imo. That is why I townread Raya because she was unscathed when the pressure was on her.

I am also willing to lynch CommKnight today as well.
A Lannister always pay his debts.
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (isolation #16) » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:56 am

Post by TywinL »

Prod dodge, planning to post tonight when I have more time.
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (isolation #17) » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:21 am

Post by TywinL »

So actually I do have some time right now.

First off, SmoothBlue:
In post 223, SmoothBlue wrote:
In post 178, TywinL wrote:Question for you, why was I required to go into detail about my town read on Raya and answer questions about it but kunstar gets an ez pass? (even though kunstar was the one that wrote a wall about his Raya town read in the first place)
Because Kungstar already went into detail regarding his town read in the initial post. You just agreed to it...
Yes that is perfectly understandable why you wanted me to explain even after I bolded in Kunk’s post about his town read on Raya (which is what I agreed with) but I find it really odd that you seemed fixated onto me where there have plenty of people who have been agreeing and disagreeing with different reads. Overall, after looking through SmoothBlue’s iso, there really isn’t much scumhunting, especially in the Mulch v. SmoothBlue part of it. So witht that being said, Mulch did bring an interesting point about Smooth being scum in his opening post but I really didn’t think too much of it at first but now after my review, I am leaning towards agreeing here.

Mulch:
In post 217, Mulch wrote:
In post 202, SmoothBlue wrote:Your first scum read already has inconsistencies...
I don't see it. Where are the inconsistencies?

I also would like to ask why you didn't call out by Kunk which agreed with my reads with a main basis and reason being that they were consistent. Did you miss it, or did you choose to agree with it- and if so, why?
In post 214, Mulch wrote:
In post 192, TywinL wrote: So you are basically saying that by Srceen being so opportunistic......he ended up not being opportunistic.

Not at all. I'm saying that the people jumping on him have a good probablity of being opportunistic.

My bad, you said 162 and I mistyped 168. Caring about your appearance rather doing some scumhunting (during the time when the Srceen wagon was forming) is rather scummy imo. That is why I townread Raya because she was unscathed when the pressure was on her.

I am also willing to lynch CommKnight today as well.

I don't get what your saying here. In Screen is questioning a townread on him. Good scum can fake this but in general being worried about why people are townreading you isn't something that is on the front of scum's minds, who would rather just let the townread sit and not bother to parse through how people came to that conclusion in the first place. If they aren't being lynched, scum usually don't care. I really need you to expand on why you think worrying about a TOWNREAD is caring about your experience, because for me it's the opposite
1st part: Um, you literally said this which made me say what I said above (in bolded below):
In post 184, Mulch wrote:
In post 180, TywinL wrote:@Mulch, how is Srceenplay's jump onto the guuy wagon not scummy and opportunistic as fuck? And how is 138 and 139 "brutally honest"?
It's opportunistic in the most basic sense of the word, but in reality it really ins't.
Scum usually aren't that audacious to blatantly proclaim that they are sheeping without a reason. I mean, it could be scum. But there is a high chance it isn't, mostly just based on experience. just shows pure openness and a severe lack of caring how they are perceived (this is a good thing) with calling out a scumteam that early.
Did I misunderstand that somehow?

2nd part: Right, I see your point about how scum would say to themselves “fuck yeah people think I’m town, no need to worry!” But you also say that good scum can do this too. You are essentially saying that this is NAI, but you see, I disagree. Town’s main focus is to just scumhunt because that is how the win condition is met. Spending time worrying about your appearance, whether is town or scum, does not help town in anyway. Which is why I think srceenplay is scum because just look at this:

Spoiler: Srceenplay ISO
In post 103, Srceenplay wrote:No. It more like asking him why not vote me instead of just shading if he thinks I'm scum no matter what.
In post 101, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 96, wavemode wrote:That said, if guyy is scum, I like Srceenplay for partner after
So basically I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. Sounds to me like I'm the safe vote.
In post 88, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 86, Raya36 wrote:Not liking this.
Sounds to me like a personal problem.
In post 79, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 76, wavemode wrote:In post 72, Srceenplay wrote:
I'll sheep. I don't get what the slip is but what ever.

It isn't important for you to understand the reasoning behind a wagon before offering it your vote?
Not when I'm sheeping someone.

I'm not seeing anything of significance yet. It just feels like people are talking in circles.
In post 78, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 73, TywinL wrote:Doesn't know what the slip is but votes anyway...hmm
Would you have been ok with the sheep if I didn't mention the slip?
In post 72, Srceenplay wrote:I'll sheep. I don't get what the slip is but what ever.

In post 87, Srceenplay wrote:
In post 85, Assemblerotws wrote:Leaving my vote on Srceenplay. Getting similar vibes from him as our last game together when he was scum.
What game was that?
I don't remember it.

All of that was in chronological order, right when the wagon started with Srceen’s sheep vote on guuy. No effort to scumhunt, only reactions to the wagon that wagon forming on to him.

Now, I find it really interesting about Mulch’s defense on Srceenplay here, trying to indicate that his behavior is simply NAI, but everyone has to agree that Srceen was literally being unhelpful during this time period because he was too busy worrying about himself.

Then this gem shows up that caught my eye:
In post 204, Mulch wrote:
In post 189, kunkstar7 wrote:I maintain my position that the blind sheep is a null identifier. #101 is still too emotional of a reaction and he doesn't provide any counter points, so just looks like deflection.
The thing is, this is NAI. Both town and scum want to deflect their lynches. A common misconception is that town don't give a fuck about themselves, which is not true.
Plus, this isn't really emoitional.
WTF?

Kunk’s 234 about Mulch at the bottom of the post pretty much hits nail on the head because I DID say that I disagreed with some of Mulch’s reads and that is pretty much why. Contradictions on what is NAI and what is not which allows Mulch to read however he wants to. So with that being said, I am starting to think that it is definitely possible that Mulch could just be whiteknighting Srceenplay but following that logic would make Srceenplay town and Mulch scum. I know I did like Mulch’s entrance but the posts following that has caused me to rethink my opinion of Mulch. And to be completely honest with you, it kind of makes sense because Srceenplay is starting to look a little bit better because he is scumhunting a little bit more now but that could just be because of the wagon is no longer there anymore because Mulch came to the rescue so I am little iffy on these two right now. I mean, it is still possible that they are both scum or one of them is scum but I am at a point where I am not comfortable to actually place a vote on one of these guys right now.

But, I am starting to feel more confident about this.
VOTE: SmoothBlue
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (isolation #18) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:59 am

Post by TywinL »

In post 297, guyy wrote:i read tywin's post 2 times and i don't understand why he just switched his vote from srceenplay to smoothblue

like is it just me or is a bulk of the post talking about srceenplay being scummy as fuck and then the end is just like 'but yeah maybe not tho he's kinda scumhunting now' and suddenly he's confident about voting smoothblue

like i felt like it was at least trying to flow into a mulch vote

the way it's written feels like he picked the vote first and then tried to craft the post around it
Are you being dense on purpose?
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (isolation #19) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:00 am

Post by TywinL »

Also if it wasn't clear enough.

If srceen is scum, then Mulch is prob town.
If srceen is town, then Mulch is prob scum.
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (isolation #20) » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:01 am

Post by TywinL »

Also I'm starting to get weary of guuy's inconsistent reads...
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (isolation #21) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:04 am

Post by TywinL »

Nothing has really happened...

I'm willing to lynch Smoothblue, Srceen, Mulch or CommKnight's slot today.

Those of you who do not scum read any of these people, why do you not scum read them?
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (isolation #22) » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:12 pm

Post by TywinL »

So Raya, what do you think of 293?
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (isolation #23) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:22 am

Post by TywinL »

In post 404, Sesq wrote:
In post 366, Lang Buddha wrote:You mean this, or what, man?
In post 339, Sesq wrote:prospective scumteam is smoothblue/wave/
kop
yes, sorry for lack of clarity.
In post 395, TywinL wrote:Nothing has really happened...

I'm willing to lynch Smoothblue, Srceen, Mulch or CommKnight's slot today.

Those of you who do not scum read any of these people, why do you not scum read them?
mulch feels too invested with things

comm is always kinda weird, new slot doesnt pull me any way
What do you mean by "invested with things"?
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (isolation #24) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:01 am

Post by TywinL »

VOTE: Lang Buddha

would prefer Srceen or Smooth, but whatever.
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (isolation #25) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:08 am

Post by TywinL »

In post 415, Lang Buddha wrote:I mean look how instantly the guyy wagon disappeared completely man, and no one is bringing it back, except yours truly? I imagine scum would be all over reviving that juicy wagon if it happened to be on anyone else that a scumbuddy, don't you think?
Not gonna lie, this is actually a pretty decent point...
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (isolation #26) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:08 am

Post by TywinL »

TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (isolation #27) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:10 am

Post by TywinL »

In post 411, Flubbernugget wrote:Screen is viable what are you doing
I feel like we don't have enough time to get enough people to be willing to lynch him but whatever.
TywinL
TywinL
Goon
TywinL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1311 (isolation #28) » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:45 am

Post by TywinL »

Woot. Looks like the bussing paid off.

GG guys.