EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by EGL »

Sorry I've been dealing with IRL drama from someone else in the same line of work and a really busy time with an election in less than two weeks. I'll look at what I've missed and get a post in tonight.
EXTERMINAAATE~!
Octupis
Octupis
Goon
Octupis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:35 pm

Post by Octupis »

Fenchurch wrote:BTW we don't have another chance for vengeful townie kill, that is only on the first night.
Well never mind, that doesn't change my impression of EGL.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:14 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Octupis, at the start of the day you posted this:
Octupis wrote:Although I am very adamant of the fact that no one should vote yet at all, the chances of finding scum are difficult because we don't have much to go on, so one misplaced vote would allow scum to quick hammer and it would be the end of the game.
So it seems like you did know that then, how come you didn't know it now?
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:39 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

:: VoteCount 2x2 ::

EGL (1) -
Octupis

Fenchurch (0) -
Octupis (0) -

Not Voting (2) -
EGL, Fenchurch

With 3 Alive, it takes 2 to lynch.
Welcome to the Network.
Octupis
Octupis
Goon
Octupis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:08 am

Post by Octupis »

Fenchurch wrote:Octupis, at the start of the day you posted this:
Octupis wrote:Although I am very adamant of the fact that no one should vote yet at all, the chances of finding scum are difficult because we don't have much to go on, so one misplaced vote would allow scum to quick hammer and it would be the end of the game.
So it seems like you did know that then, how come you didn't know it now?
Yes, I still know now and am aware of the fact that you could have hammered and lost the game for me and EGL (if we were town) but I think EGL is scum and I can't just sit around not doing anything. There had to come a time when I voted, so I did. Also, note the fact that I said yet, because I have to vote at some point so the game can finish (unless I get lynched). Besides if I were scum would I really have voted first in this game, I would have sat tight, waited for someone else to vote, and then just hammer. However, I feel we have discussed just about as much as there is to discuss so I voted on who I thought was scum.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:17 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Oh no, I wasn't talking about your voting. I meant you saying "if I'm wrong then there will still be another chance with a vengeful kill", which isn't the case, and considering you didn't think that at the start of the day, it seems like maybe you were trying to be deliberately misleading.
Octupis
Octupis
Goon
Octupis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:00 am

Post by Octupis »

Fenchurch wrote:Oh no, I wasn't talking about your voting. I meant you saying "if I'm wrong then there will still be another chance with a vengeful kill", which isn't the case, and considering you didn't think that at the start of the day, it seems like maybe you were trying to be deliberately misleading.
No, just unintentionally misleading. At the start of the day, my first thought was to make sure that there wasn't a quick lynch. I didn't consider any other features of the game, including the vengeful shooting, or lack of it today. Then when the discussion got under way I started to think about the lynch possibilities more, and presumed that the vengeful townies would be able to shoot. I forgot the part about it only happening on day one which is why I made the recent mistake. The misleading aspect arises from the fact that I didn't know at the beginning of the game, and didn't consider it my post because my very first priority was to prevent a quick lynch. Then I started thinking about it more, I presumed that we would be able to shoot.
Octupis
Octupis
Goon
Octupis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:28 am

Post by Octupis »

Anyone home?
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:56 am

Post by Fenchurch »

I'm still around. Sorry there was a problem with our power yesterday evening so I use my computer. But also, I'm kinda waiting for EGL to get back and respond to questions, before I make any decisions.

EGL, if you're still reading; do you think you will have the free time to be able to continue with this game again at some point, or are you going to need replacing?
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:34 pm

Post by EGL »

Sorry I think I should be able to continue now.

I've read where Octupis voted for me and you didn't hammer. Since I know my role and I can't imagine you NOT hammering as scum, then

VOTE: Octupis[/unvote]

I'm sure he's scum from this. I know you're probably not sure between the two of us, so I'd like a day to make a case on Octupis. Then you can decide.
EXTERMINAAATE~!
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:35 pm

Post by EGL »

Sorry I'm tired and screwed up the end tag.

VOTE: Octupis
EXTERMINAAATE~!
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:38 am

Post by Fenchurch »

That's fine, and yes, that's the sort of thing I'm waiting for.
Octupis
Octupis
Goon
Octupis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by Octupis »

EGL wrote:Sorry I'm tired and screwed up the end tag.

VOTE: Octupis
In your case, could you explain why voting for you makes me scum please.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:40 am

Post by Fenchurch »

EGL? If you're not gonna be around then I can make a decision based on my own thoughts on the game, but I think it would help to have your perspective. Even a sentence or two?
Octupis
Octupis
Goon
Octupis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:32 am

Post by Octupis »

Fenchurch wrote:EGL? If you're not gonna be around then I can make a decision based on my own thoughts on the game, but I think it would help to have your perspective. Even a sentence or two?
Wouldn't a replacement be a better course of action? This game is going incredibly slowly now.

I'm going to unvote for now. If EGL is too busy with life then we should get a replacement and continue the game. I would prefer for there to be meaninful discussion than for the game to end with one of the players missing. I voted to see what would happen and to see if we could work some more stuff out. It didn't have the desired effect because of EGL's absence.

Unvote

Mod, is there any chance of another replacement?
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:52 pm

Post by kunkstar7 »

EGL has been prodded. I will replace if there is no response within 24 hours or if he requires another prod.
Welcome to the Network.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:28 pm

Post by Fenchurch »

I'm willing to wait for another replacement, although I'd much prefer to hear something from EGL.

Octupis, can you explain the reasoning behind your unvote?
Octupis
Octupis
Goon
Octupis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:31 am

Post by Octupis »

Fenchurch wrote:I'm willing to wait for another replacement, although I'd much prefer to hear something from EGL.

Octupis, can you explain the reasoning behind your unvote?
The discussion was becoming stagnant so I voted for EGL (who I still think is the more likely to be scum) to see what would happen. I wanted to see how both of you reacted. At the time, I thought that EGL would be able to shoot if he got the chance so it wouldn't be that bad. Due to EGL's absence, the plan didn't work, and we are no nearer to finding out anything, so I unvoted. I was also uncomfortable with this post because it implies that you are getting impatient with EGL's absence and you'd sooner vote before he spoke again (I favour a replacement over not hearing from EGL before the day ends, but would prefer above for EGL to return).
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:38 am

Post by Fenchurch »

If I was scum, why wouldn't I have voted for one of you two already? Hell, EGL still has a vote sitting on you. Why wouldn't I be hammering you right now and winning the game?
Octupis
Octupis
Goon
Octupis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:07 am

Post by Octupis »

Fenchurch wrote:If I was scum, why wouldn't I have voted for one of you two already? Hell, EGL still has a vote sitting on you. Why wouldn't I be hammering you right now and winning the game?

Did I call you scum? I just said that I was uncomfortable with your post.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:12 am

Post by Fenchurch »

But that implies that you are still considering the possibility that I might be. Are you? And if so, why wouldn't I hammer earlier? Why does that not convince you?
Octupis
Octupis
Goon
Octupis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:23 am

Post by Octupis »

Fenchurch wrote:But that implies that you are still considering the possibility that I might be. Are you? And if so, why wouldn't I hammer earlier? Why does that not convince you?
The implication wasn't intended. I just think that EGL or a replacement (if it comes to that) should have a chance to defend themselves, or at least answer the points that have been asked of them. I remember you saying that you had wanted for EGL to answer questions before you'd consider hammering; in this post however, you gave me the impression that you were ready to hammer if EGL didn't return. I would prefer if EGL did return before the game ends, so I unvoted. I am quite sure he is scum, but I want to see what he has to say before a lynch is reached.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:57 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Octupis, in any other point of the game, I can understand you being concerned about my post. But now we're in endgame and votes have been cast, that changes things. There is a vote on you and I am not hammering. You have the information then, to be
logically certain
that I am not scum. That trumps any uncertainty based on my posts.

Why, then, be concerned about the game ending when the scum player is away? Is it just a question of sportsmanship, or are you still open to persuasion, and if so, why?
Octupis
Octupis
Goon
Octupis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:19 am

Post by Octupis »

Fenchurch wrote:Octupis, in any other point of the game, I can understand you being concerned about my post. But now we're in endgame and votes have been cast, that changes things. There is a vote on you and I am not hammering. You have the information then, to be
logically certain
that I am not scum. That trumps any uncertainty based on my posts.

Why, then, be concerned about the game ending when the scum player is away? Is it just a question of sportsmanship, or are you still open to persuasion, and if so, why?
I agree with your first paragraph, and wasn't saying that I thought you were scum, or trying to imply it. I am quite sure of the fact that you are town. I am not open to persuasion on the score of EGL being scum, and you being town, but I think it's only fair that EGL, at least is allowed to make a post before his possible lynch. I don't know what it is, but something about lynching him when he is away (as a result of life, he's not lurking in the true sense of the word) doesn't sit right with me; even if the post only consists of something trivial (in light of his possible defeat). I guess it is sportsmanship. I unvoted to prevent you hammering him while he was away, it wasn't related to matters concerning mafia.

I'm happy to vote for him again, but would prefer if you didn't hammer until we hear from him again.

Vote EGL
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:46 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Ugh. But I've made up my mind. I believe you're town, especially after that last bit, I think your concern was genuine. EGL last posted on Monday morning saying that he wanted a day to make his case. It's now Friday. How long do I reasonably need to wait? And isn't it just as rude to insist on EGL spending more of his time on making a case, when I've already made up my mind. Even moreso if he doesn't come back, and someone else is forced to replace in to a basically hopeless situation.

VOTE: EGL

EGL, I'm sorry if you see this as unsportsmanly.

And Octupis... if you're scum and just played me for a fool these past few posts.. well done.

Return to “Completed Open Games”