kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:58 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

They had convened in the old warehouse by the river. Three pairs of eyes glanced nervously around, trying to deduce the creator of this madness. One of them was faking the nervousness.

He had this in the bag. Just sling a little mud at one of them and the other would jump on him like a rabid dog, hoping to end the insanity he had created. He was in control, the center of this storm.

"Fenchurch can't be the deceiver, otherwise he would have ended EGL and myself. Therefore EGL is obviously the murderer!"
"Blasphemous! Octupis is obviously the deceiver for suggesting such idiocy!"

They fell silent again. EGL did unnaturally so, allowing Fenchurch and Octupis to discuss amongst themselves.

"EGL DID IT. I'M DONE WAITING HERE IN FEAR!" Octupis jumped up and grabbed the rope, lunging at EGL. Hesitant at first, Fenchurch soon joined forces with Octupis to overwhelm EGL and hoist him up.

Inch by inch his body crept higher, inch by inch his plan fell apart. How...he had this all together, how could he have lost when they were at their weakest, and him with the element of secrecy?
...how..

The blackness engulfed his life.

EGL,
Mafia Godfather
, Lynched Day 2.

The Town consisting of Octupis, Fenchurch, and Robocopter87(posthumously) win Open 229!

Scum Quicktopic is here.
Last edited by kunkstar7 on Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Welcome to the Network.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:03 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Thank god for that :)

Good game guys!

And EGL, you put up a good fight. I was torn 50:50 for a while in the middle there.

Octupis, do you still think I did the wrong thing by voting now?

Anyone else around for post-game discussion? Robo? Was EGL right in suggesting you wanted to use your vengekill?
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:07 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Oh and thanks for modding, kunk. Was this your first game? Bet when you drew vengeful you didn't think it'd take this long! Any comments on the play?
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:08 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

What the heck Fenchurch! Cmon Man, don't sit around and hesitate, going lay your cases and crap. Frikkin cases just cause more confusion. Just frikkin get guts and hammer man!

The spec over how I killed was stupid and wasteful. yes I used a random number generator. [/ragethoughwinner]

1 month, 5 pages. Jeez.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:18 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Yes this was my first game, and yes, definitely didn't think it would take this long! I was hesitant in going after replacements considering the size of this game, but it was necessary.

As for play, not an extremely analytical game, unfortunately the lurking/disappearances stalled discussion. When EGL replaced in I felt he had a good presence on entering, and it appeared to me that he was going to deflect the whole hammering situation quite nicely. I do believe that if EGL had stayed strong when he came in that he could have won it as it looked like one of you two started leaning towards a townread on him when he came in and posted. Good job to Octupis for taking the chance and throwing out a vote, situations like this LyLo just require someone to take a chance, and it confirmed Fenchurch which was good. Robo's vengeful kill was an amusing one to get, as everyone had completely ignored him all of Day 1.
[edit]And it was a random shot too, makes that even funnier :P

What do you think of my modding? I personally would like to keep a 48 hour prod rule but I'm not sure if that's too strict.
Welcome to the Network.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:28 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Robocopter87 wrote:What the heck Fenchurch! Cmon Man, don't sit around and hesitate, going lay your cases and crap. Frikkin cases just cause more confusion. Just frikkin get guts and hammer man!
Wow wtf seriously, you're blaming me for dragging it out? Octupis was the one saying "wait for EGL to get back"! At what point do you think I should've hammered? Could you work out who the scum was before I did, and if so, how?
Robocopter87 wrote:yes I used a random number generator
LOL
Robocopter87 wrote:1 month, 5 pages. Jeez.
My sentiments entirely.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:32 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Fenchurch wrote:
Robocopter87 wrote:What the heck Fenchurch! Cmon Man, don't sit around and hesitate, going lay your cases and crap. Frikkin cases just cause more confusion. Just frikkin get guts and hammer man!
Wow wtf seriously, you're blaming me for dragging it out? Octupis was the one saying "wait for EGL to get back"! At what point do you think I should've hammered? Could you work out who the scum was before I did, and if so, how?
EGL was the obv pick. I mean, no connection to Smash Day One. Mindgamer's play. EGL did a good job of holding it off but you should've hammered, not because of certainty, but to get it done. You were getting nowhere. Just constant bickering that wasn't improving discussion. Just bite the bullet and get it done. Don't be afraid to hammer. In 3 Man LyLo. It is better to go with gut than Logic.

Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:41 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Robocopter87 wrote:EGL was the obv pick. I mean, no connection to Smash Day One. Mindgamer's play. EGL did a good job of holding it off but you should've hammered, not because of certainty, but to get it done. You were getting nowhere. Just constant bickering that wasn't improving discussion. Just bite the bullet and get it done. Don't be afraid to hammer. In 3 Man LyLo. It is better to go with gut than Logic.
Respectfully disagree. Plenty of times I've gone with the gut and had it be wrong. In fact the last C9 I played ended with a lylo mislynch, and in post-game one of the other townies suggested that if I'd waited a little longer before hammering, we might have figured it out correctly.
Throughout most of D2 I was confident about 60:40, then the last few posts pushed that to 95:5. I appreciate it was painful though, it was incredibly so for me.

And much as I might have liked to lay down the first vote, I simply could not tell which way Octupis was leaning, and after being criticised for my D1 aggression, I felt that pushing a lynch on D2 would just end with me in the noose.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:43 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

I understand. I just thought EGL was obvscum. I did keep the game going with my Venge Kill. I almost wanted to get lynch in order to Venge Kill someone Lolz.

Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:51 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Robocopter87 wrote:I understand. I just thought EGL was obvscum. I did keep the game going with my Venge Kill. I almost wanted to get lynch in order to Venge Kill someone Lolz.
But not obvscum enough to vengekill him? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy you picked smashbro, and I think it's hilarious that you used a RNG to do it :D I just think EGL is much more obv after the flip ;)

Octupis, I was pretty flummoxed when you pulled your vote off to give EGL a chance. If I was a townie who was now 100% certain of scum, I would be doing everything I could to ensure they were lynched, yet when I suggested that I was gonna hammer then you suddenly backed off, how come?

kunkstar, no problems with your modding it was pro, and I am happy with 48 hour prods I would consider that standard.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:56 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

48 for non newbie games. 72 for newbies.

I think we would have lost if I had Shot MindGamer not Smash. Because you thought he was town I'm pretty sure and you both would have lynched Octupis on the spot.

Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:03 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Probably not quite "on the spot", but you could be right there; Octupis and Mindgamer could have come off as buddies piling on. Hard to say for sure though, best not to go there, specially if you're gonna assume that I'd make the wrong choice :wink:
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:18 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Fenchurch wrote:Octupis: have you heard of the one-on, one-off the wagon scum strategy for vengefuls before now?
Btw, I can see why some of you thought my questions on D2 were obtuse or pointless, eg. this one. But I wasn't actually looking for Octupis' opinion on the whether EGL was making up the theory, I'd already heard of the theory, I just wanted Octupis to answer so I could try and judge whether
he'd
heard of it before - specifically, whether he was a part of it in this game, if he was scum. I just didn't want to phrase it too accusatory because I figured that'd make him automatically defensive in his answer, which is less useful.

Bad strategy? Perhaps.
Octupis
Octupis
Goon
Octupis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:39 am

Post by Octupis »

Fenchurch wrote:Octupis, do you still think I did the wrong thing by voting now?
No, don't worry, it isn't a huge thing but it would have been nice if EGL could have come back and posted. Maybe he will yet.
kunkstar7 wrote:Good job to Octupis for taking the chance and throwing out a vote, situations like this LyLo just require someone to take a chance, and it confirmed Fenchurch which was good. Robo's vengeful kill was an amusing one to get, as everyone had completely ignored him all of Day 1.
[edit]And it was a random shot too, makes that even funnier :P
Thank you, I just went with a gut feeling to vote for EGL, and it paid off, it wasn't quite as planned as it may have seemed.
Fenchurch wrote: Respectfully disagree. Plenty of times I've gone with the gut and had it be wrong. In fact the last C9 I played ended with a lylo mislynch, and in post-game one of the other townies suggested that if I'd waited a little longer before hammering, we might have figured it out correctly.
Throughout most of D2 I was confident about 60:40, then the last few posts pushed that to 95:5. I appreciate it was painful though, it was incredibly so for me.

And much as I might have liked to lay down the first vote, I simply could not tell which way Octupis was leaning, and after being criticised for my D1 aggression, I felt that pushing a lynch on D2 would just end with me in the noose.
What was it about my last few posts that pushed the balance?
Fenchurch wrote:Octupis, I was pretty flummoxed when you pulled your vote off to give EGL a chance. If I was a townie who was now 100% certain of scum, I would be doing everything I could to ensure they were lynched, yet when I suggested that I was gonna hammer then you suddenly backed off, how come?
I paniced because I thought that you were going to lynch me (especially during that huge gap when we were waiting for EGL to present his case on me). I had to do something to make sure that I didn't get lynched, for the town's sake, all I could think off was to unvote because I had set up the first lynch, and had now been quite rash in setting up the second. In the interest's of the town I unvoted so I didn't seem as aggressive, in the hope that I could pull it off, allow EGL to come back, whereupon I would demolish his case and would vote for him again, and we would win. I then paniced again when you said that I was unvoting the person I knew was scum, so I revoted. I'm an idiot but I was worried about being lynched, and knew that I, or rather, we would lose, so I just did something.
Fenchurch wrote:Bad strategy? Perhaps.
I didn't see it for what it was though. I didn't know of the theory, and was telling the truth when I admitted that. Did it help you?

Also, thanks kunk for the flattering portrayel in the last lynch scene. I enjoyed the game, and thought your modding was brilliant. Thanks :mrgreen:
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:13 pm

Post by Fenchurch »

Octupis wrote:I paniced because I thought that you were going to lynch me (especially during that huge gap when we were waiting for EGL to present his case on me). I had to do something to make sure that I didn't get lynched, for the town's sake, all I could think off was to unvote because I had set up the first lynch, and had now been quite rash in setting up the second. In the interest's of the town I unvoted so I didn't seem as aggressive, in the hope that I could pull it off, allow EGL to come back, whereupon I would demolish his case and would vote for him again, and we would win. I then paniced again when you said that I was unvoting the person I knew was scum, so I revoted. I'm an idiot but I was worried about being lynched, and knew that I, or rather, we would lose, so I just did something.
Oh haha, I totally didn't figure that. I honestly thought you were having some kinda crazy second thoughts and were thinking of switching to me, so I was panicking too. You didn't really need to worry, if I'd have hammered at that point it would have been EGL; I'd have been more worried if he'd come back and presented a case. When he started building a case on me that was the point at which I was least convinced he was scum, because his points did seem believable.

It's pretty funny that we were both worried we were gonna lynch each other for no reason :)
Octupis wrote:I didn't see it for what it was though. I didn't know of the theory, and was telling the truth when I admitted that. Did it help you?
Well, your answer didn't stand out as scummy, so maybe it moved me a couple of percentage points. If you'd have been scum it might have helped more, but I don't know since you weren't.
Octupis wrote:What was it about my last few posts that pushed the balance?
Erm, it was largely your insistence on waiting for EGL. I just couldn't see a scum player
wanting
to give their opponent a chance to defend themselves. This could be WIFOM, and considering you weren't doing it for the reasons I thought (townie confused and thinking of changing their vote) then perhaps it's blind luck that I interpreted that way. Although more generally, your posts at that point were frequent and quite lengthy, and still seemed open and honest and un-faked, which comes across to me as townie.
EGL
EGL
Goon
EGL
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:49 pm

Post by EGL »

Sorry I need a V/LA until August 4. GOTV is a super busy time for me.
EXTERMINAAATE~!
Octupis
Octupis
Goon
Octupis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:15 am

Post by Octupis »

EGL wrote:Sorry I need a V/LA until August 4. GOTV is a super busy time for me.
I don't think EGL has realised that we've finished the game.

Well, good game Fenchurch and EGL. Thanks for modding mod.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:31 am

Post by farside22 »

last post
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:38 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Sorting bump.

Return to “Completed Open Games”