Open 276- Friends and Enemies Mafia (OVER)

mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:55 pm

Post by mothrax »

Vote Count the Fourth:

Andrius (4): Fate, Nachomamma8, Hoopla, Albert B. Rampage
Abelcain (2): Elmo, Dafish
Hoopla (1): Andrius
parknourie (1): andrew94
Nachomamma8 (1): Flinter
andrew94 (1): parknourie

Not Voting: Nobody Special, Abelcain, Debonair Danny DiPietro

With 13 alive, it is 7 to lynch

Mod Notes:
ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz.... oh right, I should write something witty here...
While no one is within prod range just yet, activity levels are mildly displeasing.

DEADLINE FOR D1 is MONDAY FUBRUARY 7th @ 2:00 PM EST
flinter
flinter
Goon
flinter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:08 am

Post by flinter »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
flinter wrote:
Hoopla doesn't sound like a VI.
So I really don't know what Nacho is talking about. On this moment, I can see only one reason to propose a policy lynch: to make sure we won't that Hoopla seriously.
The bolded implies you didn't do any research yourself. If not, you're just making assumptions and giving a Hoopla a free pass because she has a good grasp over basic grammar and spelling.
flinter wrote:Further, my suspicion goes mostly to park. Nacho's call for a policy lynch was odd, but Parks following was worse. He said it was his first one, and one would suspect that park would have read really well if the player was actually a VI before supporting his first policy lynch. Hoopla provided some games where is really isn't a VI, so we can assume that Park wasn't very troubled by supporting a policy lynch for the first time. He didn't check at all if Hoopla was a VI. It seemed very opportunistic to me.
And yet, your vote remains on me. Is there any reason for this?
Oh, if it was just basic grammar, I wouldn't have given such an opinion. A VI doesn't care about how she does in the game, by definition. Hoopla is defending with reason and she is investigating. You aren't making sense. I have read games where Hoopla played in, but I never payed special attention to her. She didn't stand out as a VI.

I'm voting you because I think you are scum. You have done nothing at all to convince me you are trying to find scum. First thing you do in this game is ask for a questionable policy lynch. This is already odd, but this might have town purposes. But then the only thing you do is defend that policylynch and defend yourself. It is your main focus to defend yourself, and you only argue in favor of a lynch which needed no scumhunting.
please, don't kill me.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:15 am

Post by Fate »

Elmo isn't being awesome yet.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:14 am

Post by Nobody Special »

OH NO I HAVE DISPLEASED THE MOD

But really, I've run out of time today. I promise -- soon -- I will really really participate.

Don't hate me.
~I couldn't if I tried... also, it was more of a general note than a certain person :-)
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Abelcain
Abelcain
Goon
Abelcain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:22 am

Post by Abelcain »

Blargh. My laptop's power cord crapped out on me, so I'm not going to be able to check this topic as often as I like. I should be able to get on at least once every few days though, so I just better make my posts count.
Dafish wrote:Abelcain, why do you say "little content"? Do you find RVS content to be unusable in your reads?

Totally agree with flinter's analysis. Was going to point out that exact thing but I wanted to give Abelcain time to incriminate himself more thoroughly.
On the contrary, I think RVS is fine. "Little content" was referring to the general joking conversation on the first page, that last chain of posts between DDD, andrew, and Andrius about whether or not they were all referring to the same Newbie game, as well as ABR's single-line posts and a lot of Hoopla's stubborn insistence on the policy lynch artificially inflating the number of posts. When I posted there were about fifty posts in the game, but enough of them seemed to be essentially content-less that I considered it to be "little content." Then again, I've never played a game outside the Newbie forum, so maybe this general socialization between longtime players is just something I'm not used to.

Also, what exactly about flinter's analysis do you agree with so much? The fact that in my first post I said I didn't like the fact that a policy lynch wagon gained so much speed without a whole lot of discussion on why Hoopla should be lynched other than Nacho's word? The fact that I pointed out that I was agreeing with someone else's post rather than stating the exact same thing and pretending I had come up with it on my own?
Elmo wrote:
Abelcain wrote:Also, I've noticed that the people who point out the scumminess of the last half of my name fail to acknowledge the inherent towniness in the first half. Scum purposely avoiding information to throw us off track?
Well, if you're half trustworthy and half treacherous, that's still fairly scummy - maybe worse than if you constantly acted evil, since people would know what to expect? :) You didn't answer the question, though.
Which question? I told you my name came from a video game naming accident (Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor, if you want me to be specific) and I've never played as scum so I couldn't tell you whether I prefer playing as one over the other. If I
had
to make a decision on that last point though, I think I'd rather be town anyway, because then it's more of a puzzle to figure out who is scum.
Elmo wrote:
Abelcain wrote:I agree with Fate that Hoopla should have defended herself earlier than she did
I'm going to echo flinter's sentiments, here - where do you think Fate said this? Why do you agree with this?
Where do I think Fate said this?
Fate wrote:I was about to vote Andrius, but then I decided Hoopla's reaction wasn;t good enough.
Fate wrote:This reaction continues to lack.
Fate, after Hoopla's defense post wrote:That's all I was fucking asking for.
And I agree with it because Nacho's insistence on a policy lynch on Hoopla got the bandwagon on her going. Even when she had a number of votes on her, rather than post reasons against a policy lynch, she just posted a couple of condescending lines about Nacho:
Hoopla at L-3 wrote:Kids say the darndest things.
Hoopla at L-2 wrote:What exactly do you want me to say to that? You and I both know it has little semblance of truth to it.
Hoopla at L-2 wrote:Stop it. You're voting for me too. Don't try and be on my side if you're going to indulge in Nacho's silly fantasy.
I just don't understand why Hoopla decided to keep posting things like that before her defense post. And it's not like much happened between that last post of hers I quoted and the post where she provided evidence against her VI-ness to convince her to change her mind on whether or not to defend herself.

Okay, questions pointed at me over.
flinter wrote:Oh, if it was just basic grammar, I wouldn't have given such an opinion.
A VI doesn't care about how she does in the game, by definition.
Hoopla is defending with reason and she is investigating. You aren't making sense. I have read games where Hoopla played in, but I never payed special attention to her. She didn't stand out as a VI.
What do you think about the way Hoopla kept dismissing the wagon against her before she defended herself? Would you consider that to be VI-ish play?

Can someone explain to me where this Andrius wagon came from? Fate seems to have some sort of scumread on him but as far as I can tell the other three people on the wagon just voted Andrius as a kind of afterthought to unrelated posts. I haven't noticed him doing anything particularly scummy (although he's said a couple of things that could be considered somewhat scummy) so I'm not really sure why he suddenly has four votes on him.
"We're killing Abel, he is - by far - the town with the most brain cells rattling around in his noggin. It will be happytime awesome dance to have him dead and gone." -Thor665
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:24 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Andrius wrote:ABR is doublevoter? Don't get Nacho and ABR voting me but Fate usually has a plan so yeah.
Yes. I am a double voter but I have to type vote twice or it won't work.
Hoopla wrote:players like Fate, DGB and ABR have a far richer history of failed or questionable gambits, yet you don't deem their play antitown.
lol. Nacho has requested your list and I don't see one.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
parknourie
parknourie
Goon
parknourie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:33 pm

Post by parknourie »

@mod: Going on V/LA for 3 days

Sorry guys, I have some important matters going on just at the moment (schools coming back, y'know).
I won't unvote on Andrew while I'm gone, cuz, y'know, the world is better place without him.

Noted
Last edited by mothrax on Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sex and Golf are Two Things You Can Enjoy Without Being Very Good At It.
-Kevin Costner, Actor
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:04 pm

Post by andrew94 »

Can someone explain to me where this Andrius wagon came from? Fate seems to have some sort of scumread on him but as far as I can tell the other three people on the wagon just voted Andrius as a kind of afterthought to unrelated posts. I haven't noticed him doing anything particularly scummy (although he's said a couple of things that could be considered somewhat scummy) so I'm not really sure why he suddenly has four votes on him.

thats what i have been saying.
and people like nacho just ignor me
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:16 pm

Post by Fate »

If we turn this into another "gambit" discussion thread with this awesome a player list I'll rage.

Self-hammering as town was never one of my gambits, and it never will be. I have so many sucessful N1 kills drawn or scumplans fucked with that you picking one or two and saying 'look this one didn't pan out at all' is just worthless nitpicking. I"VE NEVER BEEN LYNCHED FOR MY GAMBITS, I"VE NEVER PREVENTED SCUM FROM BEING LYNCHED WITH MY GAMBITS (quite the opposite, obviously), AKA THEY ARE NOT QUESTIONABLE OR "FAILURES"

andrew are you the infamous VI that people have been talking about?

Why the hell can't you even use quote tags?

I'm trying not to rage this game but my limits are getting pushed.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:23 pm

Post by Fate »

*My gambits have also never OUTED another town PR by way of counter-claiming, etc. etc.
Dafish
Dafish
Goon
Dafish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:34 pm

Post by Dafish »

@Abel - With regard to what I agree with in flinter's analysis, it was your point-counterpoint structure plus excuses/qualifiers that made that post stand out as scummy to me.
Abelcain wrote: Anyway, this whole Hoopla wagon gained a whole lot of speed really fast, and I'm not sure I like how it looks. I agree with Fate that Hoopla should have defended herself earlier than she did, but I'm not complaining now that there was a decent post on her part. I'm going to have to give this topic another read-over tomorrow, when I'm not so tired, but it looks like there was surprisingly little content for fifty posts (or maybe I'm spoiled by the newbie games I played).
Boiled down:

"Whoa, X is going on, but I'm not going to give an opinion. Player A said something valid about Player B, but I'm willing to let it slide for now. I'll have to take another crack at this later."

That just isn't sitting right with me.
"If it be now, 'tis not to come; if it be not to come, it will be now; if it be not now, yet it will come: the readiness is all."
Hamlet
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:02 pm

Post by andrew94 »

fate, have a look at some of my good games
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:56 am

Post by mothrax »

Checking for prods now...

everyone is good... for now.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:00 am

Post by Fate »

I don't really want to.

I rather have other people tell me their opinions of your play, which kills two birds.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:01 am

Post by Fate »

Andrius and dafish are scum together.

Please continue with lynch.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:14 am

Post by Nobody Special »

andrew94 wrote:Can someone explain to me where this Andrius wagon came from?
When a mommy-AndriusWagon and a Daddy-AndirusWagon love each other
very much....
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:33 am

Post by Fate »

Nobody Special is scum.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:33 am

Post by Fate »

I guess that's all three.

Another Friends and Enemies sweep, joy.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:18 pm

Post by Andrius »

Dafish wrote: Never played with him before. Normally, the intense emotion that is signified by capslawking alot makes me read town, but not on Fate, he seems to do it too often. Initially, I was put off by his incessant latching-on to Nacho, but his willingness to be abrasive and unfriendly with DDD made me rethink that. I also like how he always seems to be going somewhere with his actions... where he is going I'm not sure yet, but for now I'm hopeful. I'll be watching though.
You never really know what he's doing; he just does it and explains later.

Nobody Special is probably scum.

@ Abelcain: We weren't referring to the same game. andrew was refering to 1016 where I (as shameful IC) lurked and won as scum. DDD and I last played together in 930, where Newb.Andy thought lurking as town was a good idea. DDD was killed N1, I was lynched D2. Both VTs.

parknourie: When you get back, you you actually think andrew is scum or do you just want to policy lynch him to get him out of the way?

Yes, Fate, andrew is a "terrible VI".
NS wrote: When a mommy-AndriusWagon and a Daddy-AndirusWagon love each other
very much
Hey bro. Why you not reading? :(
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:27 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

V/LA for a day
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Dafish
Dafish
Goon
Dafish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:15 pm

Post by Dafish »

Fate, would you mind elaborating on your stance on Andrius? While you're at it, go ahead and elaborate on your stance on me and Nobody Special as well (though of those 3, Andrius is the one I'd like to see you talk about the most)

Please try to use quotations and/or playstyle analysis in your answer.
"If it be now, 'tis not to come; if it be not to come, it will be now; if it be not now, yet it will come: the readiness is all."
Hamlet
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by andrew94 »

getting on a plane. 13 hours. sleeping after. might have delay flight.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:51 pm

Post by Fate »

mothrax wrote: Hoopla (1): Andrius
Fate wrote:Nobody Special is scum.
Andrius wrote:Nobody Special is probably scum.
LOL.

Seriously this game is just laughably over.

I mean, I'll die N1 and all so you guys can play it out and have "fun" but FMPOV this game is over.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:52 pm

Post by Fate »

Dafish wrote:Fate, would you mind elaborating on your stance on Andrius? While you're at it, go ahead and elaborate on your stance on me and Nobody Special as well (though of those 3, Andrius is the one I'd like to see you talk about the most)

Please try to use quotations and/or playstyle analysis in your answer.
"PLEASE ELABORATE HOW YOU NAILED THE ENTIRE SCUMTEAM WTFBBQ THIS MAN IS PSYCHIC IM FUCKING SCARED?"
Dafish
Dafish
Goon
Dafish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:24 pm

Post by Dafish »

I know for a fact that you didn't nail the entire scum team. Please stop fucking around and answer the question, posting in all caps is not a suitable substitute.
Hamlet

Return to “Completed Open Games”