Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:17 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1270, Shadowmod wrote:It was terrible - theoretically it cost you any chance to win...

First off - don't get me wrong, you can see in the Mafia QT the plan I thought should have been done - but I don't think the double claim was total fail.

It did force fitz's hand - and other than me and the dead QT after you announced it - no one was really pegging him as scum.
If we hadn't claimed than we might have had Sky as Seer clear DK and I and then would have had a three way choice with fitz/sage/DonJosh as the lynch possibilities.
You sure we would have pegged a wolf out of those three?

Also, I will admit my "revelation" about the Kingmaker in the Mafia QT was less of a revelation and more of a decision to gamble that I didn't need to lie to my scumbuddy. I was intentionally selling that we should go to Kingmaker so everyone could debate their choice - note that even after my 'revelation' my intended words from beyond the grave kept lying to town about it. I had mentioned it in thread and no one had called me on it, so I was gambling that people didn't know their wincons a bit :P

I am glad with sage's choice though - I do think of any of the factions mafia deserved to...lose least ;)
sageamagoo
sageamagoo
Goon
sageamagoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:37 am

Post by sageamagoo »

In post 1275, Thor665 wrote:I am glad with sage's choice though - I do think of any of the factions mafia deserved to...lose least ;)

Honestly... yeah. I didn't realize a no kill would result in a tie. I thought that who ever I killed would lose the game due to kingmaker. And I thought mafia played best... I wanted to let you win for that. So bam. It happened.
Show
You'd better watch your back. I can kill you with the snap of my fingers. If I want you dead, you're dead. So you better watch your back.

Wins/loses/ties in different alignments:
Town: 0/0/0
Scum: 2/0/1
3rd Party: 0/0/0
sageamagoo
sageamagoo
Goon
sageamagoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:59 am

Post by sageamagoo »

Whoops, wrong again. (I really am a noob...) I needed to kill mafia to achieve a tie...

Oh well, now I know for any other time this may come up.
Show
You'd better watch your back. I can kill you with the snap of my fingers. If I want you dead, you're dead. So you better watch your back.

Wins/loses/ties in different alignments:
Town: 0/0/0
Scum: 2/0/1
3rd Party: 0/0/0
Shadowmod
Shadowmod
Goon
Shadowmod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:14 am

Post by Shadowmod »

@Thor: I did not say it was your fault... You just had really bad luck to be in a really disfunctional team with Deity. I am mainly pointing it out for Deity, so he can learn something from it. You know, there's always hope.

I am well aware that you are a real rescal who was messing around with town all the time. And still keeping wolves thinking they wouldn't need to nightkill you because you were an easy to set up lynch...

And I daresay that this game wasn't even very demanding on you, given that you basically outclassed every one else in experience.

I guess I'll need to do some more advertising for my next game to get a more well-balanced playerbase.
Modding History :Open 319: Jungle RepublicNewbie 1406: Krhyem on RhytehieaShadow's Delightfully Happy Newbie 1451 Mini 1635: Curse of the Werewolves
Current Games in Progress:
Mostly Flavoured Newbie 1692 NEWBIE 1693
Tag, Link and Length Restrictions on Signatures Are Annoying!
TheFool
TheFool
Goon
TheFool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:52 am

Post by TheFool »

Hey, I technically win! :D

In post 1265, DonJosh wrote:The flavour was AMAZING, Shadow! I really loved it. You took the time to format every votecount, every announcement, and the graphics were great. Loved the amount of mod effort. It made the game experience so much better.

Yeah, seriously, the game was very well modded. Everything was nicely formatted, the flavor was amusing, prods and replacements went smoothly. I appreciated the effort!

In post 1267, Shadowmod wrote:What I'll definitely change in my next game is making the deadlines much shorter and be more benevolent concerning extensions instead. Basically every day after D1 of this game seemed just to drag on and stall at one point or another.

That would probably help. The players in this game, especially later on, seemed determined to run everything out to deadline, but not actually do much with the extra time. Possibly a side effect of so much the game being scum.

In post 1278, Shadowmod wrote:@Thor: I did not say it was your fault... You just had really bad luck to be in a really disfunctional team with Deity. I am mainly pointing it out for Deity, so he can learn something from it. You know, there's always hope.

I laughed out loud when I got my role PM and saw that my teammates were Thor and DK. They were the only two names in-game I'd heard of before, and for completely different reasons.
the nose knows no snows
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:39 am

Post by whispersilk »

I agree, the game was very well modded. Thanks Shadow. I can really appreciate the regular votecounts and prods now, as a lot of games I'm currently in seem to lack in that dept. The flavour was great, and I'd like to play this setup again with a group of players that are a little more active. It was very frustrating at times when there were multiple people on VLA, flaking out, or simply not participating enough. It felt stagnant towards the end.

Well done Thor and DK, although Thor clearly did 99% of the work.
"That whisper is quite dangerous. She has been correct 100% of the time. Mime vig, scum vig, and now scum lynch. I've never seen such perfect accuracy before o_o. Enemy or not, I tip my hat to her. Her skillz are in the mad category." - hahonryuu, Paris Mafia 3
CMPunk
CMPunk
Townie
CMPunk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:25 pm

Post by CMPunk »

great modding, and flavor was amazing. well done to the mafia.
Straight Edge Means I'm Better Than You!
Sky
Sky
Goon
Sky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:41 pm

Post by Sky »

This game was bonkers.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla