Open 576.1: The Enemy of my Enemy is my...Enemy? (Game Over)

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:20 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 3.05:

Riddleton - droog, dragon, guile (L-2)
droog - Heartless, 2birds, riabi, riddleton (L-1)

Not Voting - beast

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch and 4 to no-lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2014-12-25 23:31:48) or by 9:30 PM on December 25th, 2014.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:41 am

Post by dragonspawn »

As droog is my second choice at this time I have no problem hammering. I give intent to hammer unless anyone has any objections we need to talk through.
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:06 pm

Post by dragonspawn »

It's been six hours and no response. I'm going to assume no one has an objection at this point. And since the day is over tomorrow and it's a holiday I will probably change my vote tonight before hunting reindeer. So you have a little while before I change my vote
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:38 pm

Post by dragonspawn »

unvote

VOTE: droog
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by guille2015 »

So long and thanks for all the fish.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:01 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount FINAL:

Riddleton - droog, guile
droog - Heartless, 2birds, riabi, riddleton, dragon (LYNCH)

Not Voting - beast

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch and 4 to no-lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2014-12-25 23:31:48) or by 9:30 PM on December 25th, 2014.

Please hold

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:17 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Sunset had not even come on Columbia when the prey of the day began to be encircled.

However, the prey in question may not have been who was expected.

Droog eyed the five townspeople coming up on him with wary, hunted eyes. They seemed to be approaching with non-violent intent, but he knew better. They were coming for him, no doubt about it. But he wouldn't give them the satisfaction of just submitting, no way. So he ran.

The five were quick to chase after him, barely managing to keep his fleeing form in view as they twisted down streets and around homes. Soon enough onlookers had notified the local police, who in turn got in contact with the pursuing five, and they all managed to set up a cordoned off area to keep Droog within. Even so, it took them a few minutes to finally pin him down at a T-intersection.

Droog cursed internally, finding himself in what was just a worse position than he started it. But he knew that the gig was up regardless of what he thought. And there was no way he would go down without a fight.

Observers would describe what happened next as one of the most horrifying things they'd seen in their lives. One moment Droog was a normal human being; the next, his clothes were ripped to shreds as a deranged yet somehow workable merging of lupin and human visages and body shape stood in his place, eyes glinting and teeth bared ferally. He rushed one of the first five pursuers faster than most could see, intent on one final kill.

However, the flanking police were a hair faster with their firing, and killed him mid-leap.

by the next morning, the story of the mafia interlopers and the strange mythical beasts that had infiltrated Columbia made nationwide news for various talk shows, news pundits, and satirists to find new talking points for. But for the citizens of Colubmia, it was the long, slow release of a breath they may not have realized they were holding.

The danger was over; now was the time to rebuild...and to remember.

Droog,
Werewolf Amnesiac Cop
, was shot via firing line Day 3.

The
Town
of dragonspawn, Mastin2, guille, riddleton, Heartless, Riabi, 2birds, Egg, and beastcharizard win!

droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:27 pm

Post by droog »

bah humbug
good game all
thanks for hosting voided

id thought id bussed dino more than i had
id certainly wanted to on day 1 not sure what happened there

game would have been very different if our kill and inspection were switched
"...probably the worst player I have had the pleasure of playing with in the last ten years..."
"i dislike this guy immensely"
"the worst townie that ever I have ever had the misfortune to play with, by a long shot"
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:27 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

This game's details
Spoiler: Enemy of my Enemy playerlist
1. dragonspawn - VT
2. Mastin2 - VT
3. guille2015 - VT
Teen Girl Squad
riddleton - VT
Nova-Radiance
Heartless (Antihero+TellTaleHeart) - VT
6. Riabi - VT
Mathdino
Pine - Werewolf Goon
NJAC
droog- Werewolf Amnesiac Cop
GreyICE
Bulbazak - Mafia Amnesiac Seer
10. 2birds1stone - VT
11. Egg - VT
Astinus
beastcharizard - VT
Fink
Goblin
MrStrife - Mafia Goon

Spoiler: Enemy of my Enemy Role PMs
Vanilla Townie wrote:Hello

You are a Vanilla Townie. As such, you only have your vote to use during the day, so use it wisely.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated with one pro-town player alive.

If you have read and understood your role, confirm by replying to this PM and restating your role.

Thread is here.

Mafia Goon wrote:Greetings, Fink

You are the Mafia Goon, alongside GreyICE the Mafia Amnesiac Seer.

Nightkill: At night you and your partner may decide among yourselves who will do the nightkill.
Both you and your partner can also talk here at night.

You win when your team makes up half of the town, or nothing can prevent that from happening.

If you have read and understood your role, confirm by replying to this PM and restating your role.

Thread is here

Mafia Amnesiac Seer wrote:Greetings, GreyICE

You are the Mafia Amnesiac Seer, alongside Fink, who is the Mafia Goon

By day, you may use your vote.

Nightkill: At night, you and your partner may decide among yourselves who will do the nightkill.
Amnesiac Seer: At night, you may choose a player you wish to investigate and who you wish to give the investigation to. The latter player will receive a “Werewolf” or “Not Werewolf” report. You may not choose yourself to be investigated or receive the investigation.

You may also talk to your partner at night here

You win when your team makes up half of the town, or nothing can prevent that from happening.

Thread is here

Werewolf Goon wrote:Good evening, Mathdino

You are the Werewolf Goon, alongside NJAC, the Werewolf Amnesiac Cop.

During the day, you may use your vote.
Nightkill: At night, you may decide among you and your partner who will do the nightkill.
You may also talk to your partner at night here.

Thread is here

Werewolf Amnesiac Cop wrote:Good Evening, NJAC.

You are the Werewolf Amnesiac Cop, alongside Mathdino, who is the Werewolf Goon

During the day you may use your vote.
Nightkill: At night, you and your partner can decide among yourself who will do the nightkill
Amnesiac Cop: At night, you may choose one player to investigate and one player who will receive that investigate. The latter player will receive a “Mafia” or “Not Mafia.” You may not target yourself to be the target or recipient of the investigation.
You may also talk to your partner here at night.

Thread is here

Spoiler: Enemy of my Enemy PTs
Dead

The mafia and werewolves may reveal their PTs if they wish.

Spoiler: Enemy of my Enemy night actions
Night 1:

MrStrife shoots Pine (successful)
droog mauls MrStrife (successful)
Pine investigates mastin and sends it to guille (successful, not mafia)
GreyICE investigates Guille and sends it to 2birds1stone (successful, not werewolf)\
Droog mauls Mastin2 (successful)
Droog investigates 2birds and send it to...himself? (successful, not mafia)

original game's details
Spoiler: Enemy of my Enemy playerlist
1. dragonspawn - Mafia Amnesiac Seer
2. Mastin2 - VT
3. guille2015 - VT
4. Teen Girl Squad - VT
5. Nova-Radiance - VT
6. Riabi - Mafia Goon
7. Mathdino - VT
8. NJAC - VT
9. oilura - Werewolf Goon
10. 2birds1stone - Werewolf Amnesiac Cop
11. Clusk92 - VT
12. Astinus - VT
13. Fink - VT

Spoiler: Enemy of my Enemy Role PMs
Vanilla Townie wrote:Hello

You are a Vanilla Townie. As such, you only have your vote to use during the day, so use it wisely.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated with one pro-town player alive.

Thread is here.

Mafia Goon wrote:Greetings, Riabi

You are the Mafia Goon, alongside dragonspawn the Mafia Amnesiac Seer.

Nightkill: At night you and your partner may decide among yourselves who will do the nightkill.
Both you and your partner can also talk here at night.

Thread is here

Mafia Amnesiac Seer wrote:Greetings, dragonspawn

You are the Mafia Amnesiac Seer, alongside riabi, who is the Mafia Goon

By day, you may use your vote.

Nightkill: At night, you and your partner may decide among yourselves who will do the nightkill.
Amnesiac Seer: At night, you may choose a player you wish to investigate and who you wish to give the investigation to. The latter player will receive a “Werewolf” or “Not Werewolf” report. You may not choose yourself to be investigated or receive the investigation.

You may also talk to your partner at night here

Thread is here

Werewolf Goon wrote:Good evening, oilura

You are the Werewolf Goon, alongside 2birds1stone, the Werewolf Amnesiac Cop.

During the day, you may use your vote.
Nightkill: At night, you may decide among you and your partner who will do the nightkill.
You may also talk to your partner at night here.

Thread is here

Werewolf Amnesiac Cop wrote:Good Evening, 2birds1stone.

You are the Werewolf Amnesiac Cop, alongside oilura, who is the Werewolf Goon

During the day you may use your vote.
Nightkill: At night, you and your partner can decide among yourself who will do the nightkill
Amnesiac Cop: At night, you may choose one player to investigate and one player who will receive that investigate. The latter player will receive a “Mafia” or “Not Mafia.” You may not target yourself to be the target or recipient of the investigation.
You may also talk to your partner here at night.

Thread is here

Spoiler: Enemy of my Enemy PTs

Spoiler: Enemy of my Enemy night actions
Oilura kills Fink - successful
2birds1stone investigates Clusk92 and gives it to Oilura - successful (Not Mafia)
Riabi kills Mastin2 - successful
dragonspawn investigates Oilura and sends the report to Riabi - successful (Werewolf)

To address the three pertinent issues that came up during this entire thing:

1.) For those not entirely in the know, game 1 was scrapped because oilura, for reasons known only to him/her, decided that he would not only leave the site, but leave the site by outing himself and his teammate to the entire town. For obvious reasons, the game could not continue in this compromised state, and thus we restarted with re-rolls.

2.) The game that played out this time is the 3rd version; When I sent out the PMs for the true 576.1, I accidentally forgot to BCC all the VT Role PMs; and we obviously can't play if the town know who each other are, now can we? (thanks, Mastin, for pointing that out, btw). So, I re-rolled a
3rd
time, and this is the game that resulted. Phew.

3.) Goblin was banned from playing games (and thus force-replaced) due to admitting to joining for seemingly the sole purpose of antagonizing and trolling another player, Mathdino. I reported him for both that and because I remembered that the Hermit account was one that Fink had requested to not play with due to overly antagonistic and toxic behavior. why the hell he'd actually try to do that while having to know he'd be banned for it, I've no clue...

Anyways, feel free to talk about the game, my modding, etc. now. And may you all have a Merry Christmas!

droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:29 pm

Post by droog »

2birds wasnt technically cleared
if i had had more time i would have started giving 2birds useful cop checks
"...probably the worst player I have had the pleasure of playing with in the last ten years..."
"the worst townie that ever I have ever had the misfortune to play with, by a long shot"
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:34 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

I did nothing like I said. I am glad I could replace into a game where I just had to sit back and watch as town dominated.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:44 pm

Post by Mathdino »

dammit

was a good run

for the record, the analysis that tth pulled on me and when i mentioned droog, wouldve said that as town anyway
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:01 pm

Post by Mathdino »

i wanna see the werewolf topic :D
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:14 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

Yay! :D
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:22 pm

Post by Mathdino »

i was mostly spending my time in the dead thread -_-ing at you

dammit tth
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:23 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

I can't see the dead topic... :(
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:28 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 623, Heartless wrote:Before we go on the werewolves I have to ask you something.

What exactly were we expecting out of Pine in terms of decision making dynamics here? The mafia was easier because mrstrife, with barely enough posts to qualify for the title "Mafia Scum" under his username, wasn't going to have much juice in that decision making process for the night actions. The one already there was clearly going to call the shots. Does Pine have a reputation of being good, a power player?

If so, it's going to be a little tougher because with the mafia we were comparing reads of an entity vs a non-entity. Now we're trying to account for reads that could potentially come from the black box of whatever Pine said and thought. Antihero thought the mastin targeting pointed to droog being the mafia seer, which could have merit. droog certainly was scumreading mastin, mostly centered around what he perceived to be a bad attack on egg, . He also scumread goblin for the L-1 egg vote in , which goes a way toward explaining the kill. Both these reads would very likely be reinforced with an Egg town flip. There's some reasonable doubt here, though, because it's possible that Pine is responsible for the choices of night actions. Regardless of what you think about what Pine may or may not have done, you have to admit droog's reads and the actions
do
line up awfully well with what the wolves ended up doing.

Personally, I think droog himself is fairly scummy as well. The entirety of droog's ISO is very thin to begin with and he reads as a lot more muted both in terms of posting style and posting frequency than the last game I played with him where he was town. His vote remains completely idle, but it's not like he doesn't have any scum reads. mastin was one, but oddly enough droog
removed
his predecessor's vote on him never to return it. He was also a very vocal detractor of the Egg wagon; we see that in , , and .
Not once this entire time
does droog vote the Goblin counter wagon to this Egg wagon he apparently loathes so much. The words are there, but when the chips hit the table, he was nowhere to be found when it came time to actually vote. This is a calculated passivity in the face of what he's predicting to be a town flip. (I'm kind of surprised Anti didn't mention that because I learned this tell from him...) And don't tell me that multiball mitigates this at all because there's
plenty of utility
to scum making themselves appear to be passive non-threats to their rivals.

-TTH

-TTH

In post 797, Heartless wrote:
In post 788, guille2015 wrote:I Might be biased, but when I read through Math's ISO I thought that He was prepping me up to be his buddy. Like his defense for me and then a bit of suspicion later, while still defending me from fink. Although, I might be giving him too much credit here, but that's how I see it. When I play scum I try to not generate associate tells with my buddies, and I actively try to manufacture associative tells on other players.

Nihil sapientiae odiosius acumine nimio.

There are so many things that says droog is scum:
Both the Goblin nightkill and the mastin investigation make sense with what we know droog's reads were. You can say what you want about what you think Pine's input was, but there's something to be said for actually
being here
the whole game. I bet the wolf who was already here had the most sway.
The associatives between droog and MathDino are there. You don't have to look far to find the chumminess I was talking about earlier: and . The townread on droog is never explained beyond "gut" () and MathDino is sure to qualify it as his "weakest" read () even though he's adamant about not wanting to lynch the slot (). It's a non-sequitur and unsupported read in the middle of an otherwise reasoned set of reads, and that sticks out.
There's the matter of droog being a naysayer on the Egg wagon but not actually doing anything about it.
Overall, droog's ISO isn't anything to write home about. The current reads are in absolute disarray and the resulting vote doesn't make much sense. He presented associatives with our slot, Riddleton's slot, and beastcharizard's slot. Surprisingly, the one with the least support and vaguest outlining, Riddleton's slot, ends up with the vote (). The stronger cases lie elsewhere, but Riddleton gets the vote because "Sorry bro It's makes sense associatively"?

these posts pissed me off
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:29 pm

Post by droog »

i just want to know why they killed dino/pine
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:31 pm

Post by Mathdino »

greyice was on the opposite team before he replaced out, i was the insanely obvious kill

i mean i tunneled his partner into the ground d1

i was clearly the most townish player and he was waiting to NK me (kept saying i'd be nk'd)

and then i dropped a fucking HUGE multiball scumslip that he picked up on somehow (props to him, surprised no one else noticed it)

and he started calling me scum but not worrying about it since i'd be NK'd anyway

greyice killed my slot, plain and simple

the NKs had nothing to do with my feud with constantine, was basically scum trying to kill scum
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:31 pm

Post by Antihero »

^5 tth

way to solve the game within a few hours of replacing in while i herpderped around w/ suspecting townies
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:32 pm

Post by Mathdino »

no but srsly damn you tth

i dont even

how

there were no associatives to be made there, i literally just told greyice that we shouldnt lynch someone whose slot was being replaced

and i pulled a standard reaction test on him :(
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:38 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 845, Mathdino wrote:there were no associatives to be made there,

:lol:
There were associatives to be made because there
was
an association you goof.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:53 pm

Post by Mathdino »

but i wouldve said exactly that as town or if he wasn't my scumpartner :'(

i blame droog
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:21 am

Post by guille2015 »

Droog drew sufficient attention for him to get enough scrutiny and there was a lack of association between everyone else.

So, tell me Math. Was I right in thinking that you were framing me to be your partner? Or was it my paranoia?

Also, Happy Holidays!
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:06 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 848, guille2015 wrote:Droog drew sufficient attention for him to get enough scrutiny and there was a lack of association between everyone else.

So, tell me Math. Was I right in thinking that you were framing me to be your partner? Or was it my paranoia?

Also, Happy Holidays!

I played as if I didn't have a partner. Was pretty easy since NJAC started out as it. Would've run the same reaction test on droog, would've had the exact same reads I did (with the exception of the damn scumslip Grey caught), etc etc.

In essence, no, I wasn't playing my scumgame because the last thing I expected was to be lynched after multiple faked townslips and high activity. My problem arose when Grey was practically calling for the mafia to shoot me.

And you too!

Return to “Completed Open Games”