Open 592: Matrix14 (Game Over, Town Wins)

Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:05 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 1473, davesaz wrote:My first time with bodyguard, and I get killed right off.
Did the suggestion that a godfather was possible help at all?

Who did you kill N1? I think the scum PT had them killing Ika N1, so if you protected him you died doing your job.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:08 pm

Post by Wisdom »

nah they killed him directly

Also he wouldn't exactly be doing his job if he saved the sk...
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:09 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

Oh. That makes this the second time I've seen Dave killed N1. Lol

I was applying the definition a bit liberally since he felt bad about getting NK'd so soon.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by ika »

@annen

yes again from "worst case scnario" game any setup alost gets overed in a single cycle due to one thing: cross-kill

Day 1: mafia lynch
night one: sk (non-bp) and other scum cross shoot
day 2: town wins

while wisdoms point of "dont shoot mafia" may be vaild if you end up killing them its brings the point to be moot.

I think sk should be modified according to the setup chosen (ie sk with cop gets II+BP, while in tracker its ninja+BP)

My belief is sk should have a massive power advantage in every game so sk knowing exactly what setup it is based on its powers should be enough
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:16 pm

Post by davesaz »

I didn't target anyone N1. The bodyguard role should be played by not protecting anyone until you know a town PR to protect. It basically buys a PR one night of safety.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:53 am

Post by Aneninen »

I'm reading and reconsidering your points.
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:12 am

Post by vettrock »

If the serial killer is investigation immune, The only possibly guilty for the cop is the goon, which pretty much removes most of the power of the power role, and the second power role only protects the first, so its power is limited as well.
Last edited by vettrock on Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hostile Intent
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:30 am

Post by Hostile Intent »

Yeah, bulletproof is extremely powerful in this setup as it is. II is overkill.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:35 am

Post by Wisdom »

it would obviously be instead of bulletproof
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:48 pm

Post by ika »

In post 1481, vettrock wrote:If the serial killer is investigation immune, The only possibly guilty for the cop is the goon, which pretty much removes most of the power of the power role, and the second power role only protects the first, so its power is limited as well.

In post 1482, Hostile Intent wrote:Yeah, bulletproof is extremely powerful in this setup as it is. II is overkill.

Again my personal belief if that SK should be an overkill, sk has to win alone and basically run every loop. When i played with Sk we overkilled the hell out of it (nk immune and II is a default)

I think that sk should have an option of each night being attack immune or II (this would include ninja) and the sk can alternate on any night would be a good compermise.

IMO i think the strongman ability for sk really doesn't do much overall unless it were to kill both BG and protected target

TLDR:

sk should be able to chose between being BP or II each night not an all game thing
Zebulin
Zebulin
Goon
Zebulin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:10 pm

Post by Zebulin »

Wait, we won this game?

YES
Zebulin
Zebulin
Goon
Zebulin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:14 pm

Post by Zebulin »

You're all welcome, by the way. I played amazingly
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Fri May 01, 2015 9:39 pm

Post by Aneninen »

In post 1478, ika wrote:Day 1: mafia lynch
night one: sk (non-bp) and other scum cross shoot
day 2: town wins

That could happen, definitely. However, every 10:2:1 has a soft spot for events like that. And it's really hard to balance a 9:3:1 in my opinion.

By the way, other setups have weak points too. Eg the classic Matrix-6 has this: Setup is Mafia Roleblocker, Town Cop, Town Doctor; Roleblocker gets lynched on Day1; Follow the Cop from Day2.

In post 1481, vettrock wrote:If the serial killer is investigation immune, The only possibly guilty for the cop is the goon, which pretty much removes most of the power of the power role, and the second power role only protects the first, so its power is limited as well.

Yeah, Setup (2) and (12) are low-powered by nature. It wouldn't be worth to make them even lower.

In post 1484, ika wrote:
sk should be able to chose between being BP or II each night not an all game thing

And that is a great idea. Let's examine it (without the Strongman ability). Keep in mind that the SK doesn't know which Setup is on.

(12) – SK can play either pro-town and go for being Bulletproof or moderately scummy and trigger a fake investigation. The latter one is risky because there's a Godfather too. And after the first shot Mafia knows who the SK is. Both of them are useful but not overpowered.

(2) – Similar to (12), however being Investigate Immune is useless at Even Nights. Roleblocker is a threat the SK can't deal with but still can WIFOM-ize it via a No Kill (...after it has become clear that the Setup is (2)...) Being Bulletproof is more useful in this Setup, but II is not entirely useless. None of the abilities are overpowered.

(7) – By being Investigate Immune can avoid the Tracker, whereas the JOAT is a nasty surprise (although everything is 1-shot there). Nothing against the Jailkeeper, but Jailkeeping doesn't confirms anything in itself. Being II seems to be a bit more useful, however Bulletproof is not useless. Again, nothing is overpowered.

Losing the Strongman is a pain in (2), because of the chance of getting Roleblocked. However, this is compensated more or less with the free choice of II/BP. In (7) the game gets slower because the Jailkeeper can stop the SK-kill too. I think this is compensated fully with the free choice. Also, slowing down the kills in a 9:3:1 is a very good thing, I suppose.

________

Also, check the Discussion page of the wiki, Matrix_14 too!
LamaFluff had problems with (2), (4), (9), (11) and (14). We stopped the discussion partly because of the start of the game, partly because of the Setup contest. What's your opinion about his concerns and my answers?
Also, mind my last question about "alignment-unconfirmable" PRs!

(If anyone's interested in: LamaFluff wrote me that Matrix 14 was the 4th in the Contest. The weakest point was Originality and that's true; Matrix 14 is not about Originality at all. ^_^)
RIP
RIP
Mafia Scum
RIP
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2015 10:09 am

Post by RIP »

My first win I think. Maybe second
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades