Open 591: C9++, The Lunatic Ayslum (Game Over: Town Win!)

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:07 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

if MD claims vanilla, the lynch really should be Ot or I. just seems to make sense to me. Unless "shenanigans". I will be voting Ot, the BBT kill points a finger at him. I imagine they would have killed me because I pushed so hard for the roleblocker lynch (marcel), but it was pretty obvious I would have gone after Alchemist today...which clearly would have played to their favor..

when I get some time, I will be rereading yesterday's lynch.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:12 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

ckd is so town...
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:28 pm

for the record (put on your reverse WIFOM pants) as scum, I would be saying the same thing... as scum, I would want to look as town as possible, pushing for anyone else today other than Ot and myself doesnt make sense at this point in the game.

thats all blah blah blah though.

speaking of scumhunting though..

RC
you said this AFTER you got a guilty on Marcrel

In post 762, RedCoyote wrote:I don't want to lynch DLA
until I know what Marcrell's alignment is.
It makes a big difference to me. DLA came on too strong in favor of sparing Marcrell (which I do not think gels with what he's said about him in the past).

That said, if Marcrell is town
, then DLA was probably right to try and push on the brakes.

work me through your thought process here.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:08 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Because I didn't want to be shot... I wasn't going to say "btw, I know Marcrell is scum but don't ask me how I know".
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:09 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Rest assured everything I said on D2 was in an effort to get Marcrell lynched without letting on that I was a cop. I wanted it to appear that I was just tunneling Marcrell as a VT.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:04 pm

but if you had been killed (without a Marcrell flip) if we read that post, what would we think?

by the way, I spent 30 minutes tonight, looking for your cop (to include 1 shot) and mafia games to see if you have ever breadcrumb cop as either...I havent found one yet. want to help me out? have you done it before as either?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:19 pm

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 904, RedCoyote wrote:Rest assured everything I said on D2 was in an effort to get Marcrell lynched without letting on that I was a cop. I wanted it to appear that I was just tunneling Marcrell as a VT.

I don't know that I believe this... So in other words... I don't.
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:34 pm

Post by Otolia »

In post 903, RedCoyote wrote:Because I didn't want to be shot... I wasn't going to say "btw, I know Marcrell is scum but don't ask me how I know".

That's a very weak argument. You pushed one of their members to their death. What makes you think they don't want to kill you regardless of your role ?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:31 pm

I think I almost got a plan!!!! (of course working on the assumption MD is going to say vanilla)

I think that the remaining scum is probably Otolia (goon) and one of DLA/MD (gf). If that is the case, the plan is perfect....

right now, running the "if then than this" scenarios if one of the claimed cops are scum. I think it is doable, I am just trying to figure it out. God I wish I was smarter...and had more time. will work on it on the road.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:37 pm

In post 851, Otolia wrote:Any reason besides I apparently understand the setup better than everyone else here ?

why arent you working on trying to break this nut? Is that because you already know it can?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:58 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

In that case we lynch dla or MD, me snd RC invest otolia, if either gets scum we lynch them, if not we reconsider.
VOTE: MD
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:13 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Randomidget, you are assuming RC is indeed a town cop. It is only in that case that there is a godfather.

You are willing to lynch someone you got an innocent on under the assumptions that:
1) RC is town cop
2) MD is in fact the godfather.
...which should imply that there are far better lynches from your perspective.

Why are you so quick to assume RC is town? And what do you stand to gain from both of you—given that you are cops—investigating?
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:40 am

Post by wgeurts »

The sun rose once more over the estate. It's gentle beams of light seeking their way into the house of the mad. They would find the bodies of the final quack and some other kleptomaniac. They sat in chairs, half empty cups of white wine left on the table they slouched on. Their skin had no more colour, gave off no warmth. The blood had taken those with it, while it had seeped out of the wrists and onto the floor.

One of the two had taken the time to write a note to whoever found their corpses. It had been soaked by the blood, staining it and making it almost unreadable. However two words were still visible: "You win".

The house of the mad is finally ruled by the mad.
A jolly ending.

The mafia have decided to surrender, the town wins!

The Mafia: Marcrell, Otolia and mnemonicdevice loose, as does the Serial Killer Reubus Swagrid. All other players are town aligned, they are the victors!

C9++ Setup Randomisation
C9++ Code:
CTVMCCC (62-28-82-89-58-56-64 via Random.org)
Roles:

1 Godfather
1 Roleblocker
1 Goon

2 Cops
1 1-Shot Vigilante
1 Innocent Child
5 VT's

1 Serial Killer

Players + RolesAlchemist21-VT
BlueBloodedToffee-VT
DarkLightA-VT
Otolia-Goon
curiouskarmadog-VT
Collatz-1-Shot Vigilante
mnemonicdevice-Godfather
LlamaFluff-VT
randomidget-Cop
Marcrell-Roleblocker
Lucky2u-Innocent Child
RedCoyote-Cop
Reubus Swagrid-SK

Events & Actions
Pre-Game:

SK chooses 1-shot BP.

Day 1:

Reubus Swagrid is lynched: Serial Killer.

Night 1:

Otolia faction-kills LlamaFluff: Vanilla Townie
Marcrell roleblocks BlueBloodedToffee: Vanilla Townie
RedCoyote investigates Marcrell: Mafia
randomidget investiagtes DarkLightA: Town

Day 2:

Marcrell is lynched: Mafia Roleblocker

Night 2:

RedCoyote investigates Alchemist21: Town
randomidget investigates mnemonicdevice: Town
Collatz shoots Alchemist21: Vanilla Townie
Otolia faction-kills BBT: Vanilla Townie

Spoiler: Role PM's
Role PM:

Welcome -Player-,

You are a
Vanilla Townie

You are a patient at the mental institute, sent here by the authorities to be "corrected" after some crime you committed.

Abilities:

• You have no abilities, only what's left of your mind.

Win Condition:

✂ You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated, tortured and beaten. (Killed)

The game thread can be found here: Link, please confirm in-thread by posting "/confirm". I hope you enjoy your stay...

Role PM:

Welcome -Player-,

You are a
Cop

You once were a proud (wo)man, working as a chief for the local police force. However you were caught snooping through private documents, documents, which contained very sensitive information.
Coincidentally you were labeled with some mental illness the next day, now you're here. Enjoying the luxuries that the institute has to offer...

Abilities:

• During each night you must send me a PM containing either the name of a player you wish to target or "No Action". If you choose to target someone you will receive a PM from me containing wether your target is "Town" or "Not-Town" at the start of the next day.

Win Condition:

✂ You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated, tortured and beaten. (Killed)

The game thread can be found here: Link, please confirm in-thread by posting "/confirm". I hope you enjoy your stay...

Role PM:

Welcome -Player-,

You are a
1-Shot Vigilante

You are one of the most feared patients at the facility, sent here because of your horrifying murders. It is rumoured that you killed a woman by tying her up and hammering nails into her, then you left her to die of the infection they would cause...
You have decided to help the rebellion, you've killed before, so why not again?

Abilities:

• Once during the game you can send me a PM containing the name of a player in a night-phase. That player will be night-killed.

Win Condition:

Role PM:

Welcome -Player-,

You are an
Innocent Child

Sent here aged 7 because your parents accused you of biting flesh off guests during the night, you are the youngest patient here.
All the people, good and bad, have a soft spot for you.

Abilities:

• At game start the mod will announce that you are aligned with the town.

Win Condition:

Welcome -Player-,

You are a
Mafia Goon

You are one of the mentally-disturbed people in this institute, when the rebellion began you t first were going to join the mob. However the quacks offered you a deal: money and freedom. In exchange you work for them and do their will.

Abilities:

• You share a PT you can use during the night with -names-. The link is: -link-

Win Condition:

✂ You win when your faction makes up half of the town or/and nothing can prevent it. You better beat those rebels to the ground.

Welcome -Player-,

You are a
Mafia Roleblocker

You are one of the surgeons that works at the mental institute, after word spread of a possible rebellion you were given the orders to tranquillise any suspects. So that's what you do.

Abilities:

• Each night you may target a player to prevent them from taking any night-action.

Win Condition:

✂ You win when your faction makes up half of the town or/and nothing can prevent it. You better beat those rebels to the ground.

Welcome -Player-,

You are a
Mafia Godfather

You rule this madhouse, you couldn't give a damn about the conditions your captives live in. As long as you receive a cheque each week you are you are happy. It's up to you to crush this rumoured rebellion to make sure you keep your job.

Abilities:

• You show up as innocent on inspection.

Win Condition:

Mafia Thread: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=61192
Dead Thread: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=61315
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:48 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Sick! That was an enjoyable game. Thanks everyone :)

Sorry I tunneled on you D1 Collatz
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:53 am

Post by wgeurts »

My thoughts:
The town managed to bloc (even if they didn't always voice it) very early on, the SK kill also messed up the mafia's chances of success as well. Rolling 2 cops is horribly town sided to start with, then when the mafia missed twice, lost the SK and mafia roleblocker I can understand they gave up. MD really should of requested replacement as he couldn't really play like this.

Thanks for playing :)
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:00 am

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

GG guys, if you're feeling generous enough for feedback please do give it :D
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:06 am

Post by wgeurts »

Never give up and offer your hand as a SK.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:09 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Great game guys, I really enjoyed it!

Pretty happy with how I played overall, got derailed a little later in the game but can't complain.

As Wguerts said, we formed a good town bloc pretty early on and it was only a matter of time from there.

Yeah, Reubus, that was crazy. You just fight it till the end. I've never rolled 3rd party before, would love to see what it's like.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:09 am

Was also impressed with Otolia pegging RM as cop in the scum PT.

That was pretty impressive. Not sure why you didn't kill him.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:38 am

Post by Lucky2u »

well... that was unexpected. Well played town! we did it!
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:48 am

Post by Otolia »

So I decided to throw the towel. The game wasn't lost per se (there was a way to win for us) but with MD absence, I couldn't go forward with it. When RC claimed cop, I knew we were fucked massively since I was expecting another PR and didn't really prepare for that.

Here are the two scenarii that allow us to win depending on MD's claim :
If he claims VT, we need to lynch one of CKD or DLA today. The cop will investigate the remaining one, so we have 50% chance of killing the right cop or we lose. Assuming we get the right cop. Someone else is cleared and we have 3confTown with 2 non-guilty result. Then we need to convince town to lynch the other who isn't named MD and then we win (2scum vs. town)

If he claims Cop, we need to get lynch one of the cop today, kill someone, lynch the other cop (while avoiding the guilty on me !), kill someone else, then we have won (2scum vs. town) -- There is more leeway in this scenario since we can get to a 3p LyLo as well.

All in all, it wasn't very enjoyable for me because I couldn't adapt to the playing style of marcrell and MD. I played every day as well as I could given the circumstances so I don't have too much regret. My nights however weren't as productive as they should have been.

Also I enjoyed a bit more leeway than I should have by playing the dumb guy at some points which I won't be able to do again with any of you. I'll post player commentary on everyone in the week.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:03 am

Leaving the IC alive was the biggest mistake I think.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:07 am

Post by Otolia »

What makes you think that ?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:08 am

YOU MOTHER FUCKERS!!!

I have spent ALL DAY TRYING TO FIGURE OUT A PLAN OF ATTACK. Took notes and the whole thing......sat down to type all this shit out..multiple multiple scenarios and all...and boom

surrendered?!?!

fuuuuck
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:09 am

In post 922, Otolia wrote:What makes you think that ?

You left a confirmed town alive. Twice.

Just narrowing the lynch pool down for yourselves.

Return to “Completed Open Games”