Open 591: C9++, The Lunatic Ayslum (Game Over: Town Win!)

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:12 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

In post 920, Otolia wrote:

All in all, it wasn't very enjoyable for me because I couldn't adapt to the playing style of marcrell and MD. I played every day as well as I could given the circumstances so I don't have too much regret. My nights however weren't as productive as they should have been.

yeah you got a crap team.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:14 am

okay time to sign up for another one, thanks mod.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:15 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Thanks for Modding Wgeurts!

Looked like it could have been a fun set-up.

SK getting lynched D1 always messes things up haha.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:16 am

this was one of those games where scum, played like scum
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:20 am

Indeed.

Still think town played well to recognise each other and narrow it down though.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:53 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 924, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 922, Otolia wrote:What makes you think that ?

You left a confirmed town alive. Twice.

Just narrowing the lynch pool down for yourselves.

Lucky2u was vastly irrelevant. I probably could have win a 3p LyLo even with him being an IC and that's accounting the fact that I had to do scummy things and attract attention in order to mitigate marcrell's and mnemonic's inactivity.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:42 am

Post by Lucky2u »

Are you claiming I would have lynched anyone but you in LyLo Otolia? Look at the player list and tell me who you think I would have scum read more than you. HINT: they're is no right answer.
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:45 am

Post by wgeurts »

*Shameless advertising*
I'm putting a Pokémon mafia into sign-ups now, you can pre-in to that if you want to play together again. More details in mini-theme thread if you're interested.

I'm glad I didn't have to replace anyone outside of Amy who never confirmed, thanks guys :)
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:46 am

I'll pre-in for that Wgeurts.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:48 am

Post by Lucky2u »

/pre in me for that!
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:51 am

Post by wgeurts »

Putting the rules here to make it a little clearer what you're then getting into:
Spoiler:
In post 0, wgeurts wrote:
Pokémon Mafia Rules

This forum has had many Pokémon themed games, however I doubt any were as Pokémon themed as this. The others tend to be mafia with Pokémon features, this one will be Pokémon with mafia features.
There will be levels, move-sets, items, money, stats, TM's, evolutions, types, you get the point. The only thing I've decided not to add is EV's and IV's, as many don't even know what they are.
As this game will not be like any normal mafia game I highly suggest you read the rules for this game. Otherwise you will not have a clue what is happening.

There are quite a few rules however a lot are just explanations for what I'm calculating and doing in the background, I'll make sure the game is simple to follow and play for all my players.

Short Overview:

There are two factions the "Dark Pokémon" and the other "regular" pokémon. The aim of the dark pokémon is to make all "regular" pokémon faint and the goal of the regulars is to make all the dark ones faint.

The game is played in two phases: the Target Phase and the Attack Phase. During the target phase players vote who they wish to use a move against during the attack phase. There are no lynches or majorities, each player just chooses who they will target. Once everyone has a target the game moves to the attack phase, now everyone chooses a move to use. Moves can "damage" opponents, manipulate or weaken others. Some may require targeting yourself (meaning you need to self target in the target phase) and will give you various bonuses.

Once all moves are sent in the mod will resolve all actions and will open a new target phase by posting how much HP (in %) each player has left. If a player ever reaches 0 HP they faint and are out of the game, the mod will reveal their role and information.

During both of these phases players may post. The game ends once one of the two factions has met their goal.

Detailed Overview:

This is a detailed explanation of all the rules.

Your Pokémon:

Each pokémon has various features: type, stats, level, moves and ability. Your pokémon's type basically decides which moves you are resistant/weak to, this is explained in the "Attack Phase" section. The stats decide what your pokémon is good at:
  • HP - This is your max Health Points, the more you have the harder you are to kill.
  • Atk - This is your attack, higher attack means physical attacks do more damage against others.
  • Def - This is your defence, higher defence means physical damage do less damage against you.
  • Sp. Atk/Def - The same as Atk and Def but for special attacks.
  • Spd - Speed, the higher your speed is the earlier your attack is resolved during the Attack Phase.

Your level grows every time a player faints, when you gain a level your stats raise and there's a chance you can learn a move or even evolve. You can have a max of 4 moves so if you have less than 4 to start with the move is just added to your move-set. However if you already have 4 moves you must choose one to forget.
Some pokémon evolve at a certain level, when you evolve you gain higher stats and there's a chance your ability or type changes.
All players start at level 1.

Abilities do whatever they say they do in your role PM, feel free to ask me about it if you don't understand it.

Target Phase:

During the target phase you have to vote who you want to target with a move in the attack phase. All moves have a description saying "Target: Self" or "Other". If it says "Target: Other" you need to target another player besides yourself to use that move, moves with "Self" require you to vote (target) yourself. This phase ends when everyone has placed their vote on a target. Players are free to change targets as many times as they want.
If no target is chosen after 1 week no move may be taken next Action Phase as a penalty.

Attack Phase:

During the attack phase you choose which move you want to use. If you choose to attack another pokémon the following happens:

(The symbol for "Physical" is Image, "Special" Image and "Status" Image.)

If the move is a "Special" or "Physical" move I'll calculate how much damage your target receives. Moves are stronger if they mach your pokémons type and if it has a higher "Power".
There is also a type chart in pokémon, meaning that certain types are weak or resistant to certain types of moves. To find out which types are effective against which type see this chart:

Some moves have bonus effects which they may do. There are some moves which can inflict "Status Problems/Effects" onto your target. The status problems are:
  • Burn - Each target phase you will loose 12.5% of your HP and your Atk is halved.
  • Paralyse - Each move has a 40% chance of failing during the attack phase. Your speed is lowered by 75% as well.
  • Freeze - Your moves have an 80% chance of failing, if they succeed you loose this status problem.
  • Poison - You loose 12.5% of your life each target phase.
  • Sleep - Your moves fail for 1-3 attack phases (random).

There may be other effects which are described with the move.

If your move is a status move it doesn't do any damage. It changes your targets stats, heals HP or inflicts/heals status problems.

Shop:

During the Attack Phase you may also buy items from the shop, which is in the first post in thread. Here you'll be able to buy a range of items sorted into two groups: Battle Items and One-Shot Items. You may have only one battle item, these give you various bonuses. If you buy a battle item and you've already got one they will be swapped.
One-shot items are items which are used next target phase, they can teach moves, raise stats or heal HP.

Every player starts with $1000. Every time a player faints you gain $100 plus the amount the fainted player still had.
All actions taken during the attack phase are sent to the mod via PM.

That's all you need to know, Have fun!
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:55 am

Post by DarkLightA »

I would have been interested in seeing how the game played out. Honestly, I was starting to have serious doubts regarding both RM and RC, but as Otolia said, the cop results would probably have solved it nevertheless.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:00 am

I am absolutely in for that!
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:03 am

Post by Lucky2u »

Wow, looking forward to that pokemon game now
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:59 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

GG everyone!

When is the pokemon game due to run?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:35 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I wouldn't have given up, but I can understand why Otolia did. I had fun with this one, but I was getting real pissed at Lucky and ckd giving me such lip there at the end. Did y'all seriously think I was scum?

gg everyone. :]
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:44 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

GG, great game
/Pre-in for pokemon. Do I have to pm you as well?
Thanks for moddin wgeurts
Nice playing with yall.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:40 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Just read the private topics. Otolia, you played really well, btw. You are a force to be reckoned with.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:09 pm

In post 940, RedCoyote wrote:I wouldn't have given up, but I can understand why Otolia did. I had fun with this one, but I was getting real pissed at Lucky and ckd giving me such lip there at the end. Did y'all seriously think I was scum?

gg everyone. :]

I was coming up with scenarios that had you (or RM) as scum. if you HAD been scum, your claim would have been brilliant (for future reference).
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:18 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

It was actually just about a forced win for town there from any scenario (and was if both cops were real). Best move there was actually a no lynch.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Marcrell
Marcrell
Goon
Marcrell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:06 pm

Post by Marcrell »

I am both horrid at mafia and not that active.
/prein I must share my gifts with the world
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:38 pm

Post by wgeurts »

In post 939, Alchemist21 wrote:GG everyone!

When is the pokemon game due to run?

Once I'm through the queue, I just inned to mod.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:42 am

Post by Otolia »

Alright, due to unforeseen circumstances, I finally have the time to post these small comments - it's shorter than I initially wanted to but I don't have time to do a complete read. Sorry :oops:

• Alchemist21 : You played a decent game. You still have a tendency to consider outlandish things as townish whereas it's not really indicative.
  • BlueBloodedToffee : Very good game with an early positioning. Too much buddying though and not enough
  • DarkLightA : The first day was outstanding, the rest was lackluster in comparison. You got drawn into my stupid arguments a bit too much as well. Sometimes as town, it's not worth to speak to your targets.
  • Otolia : You are awesome. :mrgreen:
  • curiouskarmadog : Your analysis is what prompted me to resign as I knew you were on the right tracks. Also you defended RandomMidget town. Had we succeeded in lynching him, the game would have been way better for scum.
  • Collatz : Relatively in-experienced in regards to the rest of town but you didn't do anything major to hinder us. In retrospect, I should have interacted with you more in order to get more content.
  • mnemonicdevice : Please don't flake :(
  • Amy Farrah Fowler, LlamaFluff :
  • randomidget : Questionable night actions.
  • Marcrell : Please don't flake :(
  • Lucky2u : If you were anything but the IC, I would have said it was an OK game. But as an IC you were a non-factor. Sure the fact that you survived is great but your leadership as confTown was inexistant. I don't mean to control the game necessarily, but your opinions weren't heard enough.
  • RedCoyote : Steady play throughout the game but it screamed PR a bit too much. Perhaps it's just your usual playstyle.
  • Reubus Swagrid : If I remember well, you were too malleable under pressure. If I can recommend anything, it's that to avoid being lynched early, you should be more firm in your position. You thought about what we wanted to hear and not about what a VT would say.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:42 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

yall come back now ya hear?
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus