Open 593: Pick Your Power X/Y (Game Over)

DrCirno
DrCirno
Mafia Scum
DrCirno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Open 593: Pick Your Power X/Y (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:10 pm

Post by DrCirno »

It happened March 15th.

I was just lingering in the site chat when my alter ego GuyInFreezer ajust went ahead and changed my avatar that I kept for almost 2 years.

I was shocked. Or is it a shock? Maybe it could've been just an overamplified sense of change. But in the end, I didn't feel that comfortable. What was so wrong with the cute loli attempting to lynch herself? Why didn't he find that wrong until now? What gave this creepy avatar an upper hand over my old avatar?

I'm pretty sure some of you are confused and are going "who the hell is this guy and why does he have an anime avatar" and I clearly understand that. I probably won't know some of you either and the chance is, I'm laughing at your avatar too.

Well, anyway I'm DrCirno. I'm an alt account of GuyInFreezer and I will be your moderator for this lovely game. If you're new here, obligatory "Welcome to the site" to you. Now let me do my mod thing and list the players here.

Open 593: Pick Your Power X/Y

Players

1. Not_Mafia,
    Mafia Goon
    , was lynched Day 5.
  2. RIP
    McMenno
    Town Neighborizer
    , survived to endgame.
  3. Green Crayons,
    Town Backup to Jailkeeper
    , survived to endgame.
  4. Count Dooku,
    Mafia Goon
    , was lynched Day 2.
  5. Flubbernugget,
    Vanilla Townie
    , survived to endgame.
  6. notquitethere,
    Vanilla Townie
    , survived to endgame.
  7. Sky_Paladin,
    Mafia Roleblocker
    , was lynched Day 3.
  8. pieguyn,
    Town Cop
    , was killed Night 2.
  9. pisskop,
    Vanilla Townie
    , survived to endgame.
  10. SXTLHGaiden,
    Town Jailkeeper
    , was killed Night 1.
  11. davesaz,
    Vanilla Townie
    , was lynched Day 1.
  12. AngryPidgeon,
    Vengeful Townie
    , was killed Night 4.
  13. lalaladucks,
    Vanilla Townie
    , was lynched Day 4.
  14. Regfan
    VysePresiden
    Town 1-shot Watcher
    , was killed Night 3.
Last edited by DrCirno on Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:33 am, edited 19 times in total.
Vote: DrCirno
DrCirno
DrCirno
Mafia Scum
DrCirno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:13 pm

Post by DrCirno »

Please review the rules while you're waiting patiently. You will be quizzed on it some time.

RULES

General Rules:

1. Site-wide rules always apply here.
  2. If you have a question for me, you can always PM me. If you need to talk to me in thread,
    please bold your question like this
    so I can locate it better.
  3. You may not use hidden or encrypted text. I decide if the text is small enough to be count as hidden text.
  4. If you have a power to edit/delete your post, don't do it. If you scumslip, just accept it and eat rope.*
  5. Play nice. I really don't mind you guys using bad languages, but don't direct them to the other players. Insult the playstyle, not the player.
  6. Do not EVER discuss the ongoing games in this thread nor discuss this game elsewhere.*
  7. Do not quote the PM that moderator sends you. Paraphrasing is fine till certain level. If you're not sure about it, you're always welcome to ask me first before you post.*
    added:
  8. If you have access to any PT/QT you may not directly quote it, you may paraphrase it*
  9. Do not use provable randomization in this game. Saying that you rolled a dice is fine, using dice tag is not.
  10. This is my color. (#408000) Don't use it.

11. If I find the certain factors/actions damaging the state of the game, I will intervene and/or take action.
  12. Keep the personal complaint, whatever they may be, outside of the wrong VC/information, private by PMing me.
  13. If you break these rules, I have full rights to punish you at my will. This can range from simple warning to modkill/force-replace.
  14. VIOLATING THE RULES WITH A STAR (*) WILL CAUSE AN IMMEDIATE FORCE-REPLACE NO MATTER THE CIRCUMSTANCES!

15. If I feel like it, I always have a full right to add/modify the rules. If I do, I will fully explain the reason behind such action.
  16. Most importantly, have fun!

Voting and Lynching:

1. You vote by either using bold tag([
    b]Vote:GuyInFreezer[/b
    ]) or using vote tag ([
    vote]GuyInFreezer[/vote
    ]).
  2. Unvote is not required to change your vote. Also, if it looks like a vote for someone, I will count it. No tricking me!
  3. A player is lynched when the majority votes the same player. Once the player is lynched, the lynchee and the living players may talk until I get back and post the flip.
  4. If the deadline is reached before the lynch has reached, the day will end with
    No Lynch
  5. If you're nightkilled, you may post one information-less "bah" post.

Activity and Deadline:

1. Deadline for each day is 2 weeks.
  2. If you're on V/LA, please tell me beforehand by either post it in thread (bolded) or PM to me.
  3. If you don't post here for 48 real hours, I will prod you. Failure to receive prod within 24 hours or receiving a 3rd prod will cause force-replacement.
  4. If you do not submit an action before the day ends, it will count as
    No Action
  5. If I have to extend the deadline, I will. If I do, I will post it on thread.
Last edited by ika on Sat May 02, 2015 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DrCirno
DrCirno
Mafia Scum
DrCirno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:59 pm

Post by DrCirno »

Please review the setup as well while you're at it. It wouldn't be fun playing the game without understanding the setup.

SETUP

• This game's setup is Pick Your Power X/Y. I linked it for you so you can have easy time referencing it.
  • These are your possible Role PMs.

Spoiler: Alignment PM
Town

Welcome, [Player Name], you are aligned with
Town
Your game thread is here.

Win Condition:

• You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Confirmation:

• To confirm, please send me a number of your choice.

Mafia

Welcome, [Player Name], you are aligned with
Mafia
with [Player Name 1] and [Player Name 2].
You may talk here during the game. You are granted with day talk as well.
During the night, one of you or your partners may perform the factional kill. You may not perform a factional kill and use a power on the same night.
Your game thread is here.

Win Condition:

• You win when the mafia obtain a majority or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Confirmation:

• To confirm, please send me a number of your choice.

Spoiler: Draft PM
Drafting complete

You have placed
Nth
in the draft order. Please choose one from below.

• Night 3 Vigilante OR Vengeful
  • 1-Shot Vigilante OR 1-Shot PGO
  • Cop OR 1-Shot Redirector
  • 1-Shot Commuter OR 1-Shot Watcher
  • Doctor OR Roleblocker
  • Universal Backup OR Role Cop
  • Neighborizer OR Fruit Vendor
  • Jailkeeper OR Tracker

Confirmation:

Please send me your choice.

Spoiler: Selection PM
Congratulations!

You have won your choice! You may now select one power from below. Please send me a choice before Day 1 starts.

Night 3 Vigilante

On Night 3 only, you may select a player in the game to nightkill. To submit, simply PM me (as Town) or submit your target in your Mafia PT (as Mafia).

Vengeful

If you are lynched, you may select a player in the game to vengekill before the game goes to night. To submit, simply PM me.

Confirmation:

To confirm, send me a name of the power you want to obtain.

Congratulations!

You have won your choice! You may now select one power from below. Please send me a choice before Day 1 starts.

1-Shot Vigilante

On one night of your choice, you may select a player in the game to nightkill. To submit, simply PM me (as Town) or submit your target in your Mafia PT (as Mafia).

1-Shot PGO

On one night of your choice, you may elect to "arm" yourself. If you do, you kill anyone who targets you that night. To submit, simply PM me (as Town) or submit your target in your Mafia PT (as Mafia).

Confirmation:

Congratulations!

Cop

Each night, you may investigate one player in the game and learn their alignment. To submit, simply PM me (as Town) or submit your target in your Mafia PT (as Mafia).

1-Shot Redirector

On one night of your choice, you may select a player to "redirect". If they are using an action that night, they will be redirected to another player of your choice. To submit, simply PM me (as Town) or submit your target in your Mafia PT (as Mafia).

Confirmation:

Congratulations!

1-Shot Commuter

On one night of your choice, you may elect to "commute", which will render you immune to all actions on that night including nightkills. To submit, simply PM me (as Town) or submit your target in your Mafia PT (as Mafia).

1-Shot Watcher

On one night of your choice, you may watch a player of your choice and learn who targeted them (if anyone). To submit, simply PM me (as Town) or submit your target in your Mafia PT (as Mafia).

Confirmation:

Congratulations!

Doctor

Each night, you may select a player in the game to protect from one nightkill. To submit, simply PM me (as Town) or submit your target in your Mafia PT (as Mafia).

Roleblocker

Each night, you may select a player in the game to roleblock. This will prevent them from using an action. To submit, simply PM me (as Town) or submit your target in your Mafia PT (as Mafia).

Confirmation:

Congratulations!

Universal Backup

After the first powerrole has died, you will inherit their role. If the first roles to die are multiple people at night, you will inherit one of those roles randomly.

Role Cop

Each night, you may investigate one player in the game and learn their role. Mafia Goons and Vanilla Townies will both investigate as Vanilla. To submit, simply PM me (as Town) or submit your target in your Mafia PT (as Mafia).

Confirmation:

Congratulations!

Neighborizer

Each night, you may create a neighborhood with another player in the game. You will now have access to a Private Topic with this player for use at any time. To submit, simply PM me (as Town) or submit your target in your Mafia PT (as Mafia).

Fruit Vendor

Each night, you may target a player in the game and give them a piece of fruit. The fruit does nothing. To submit, simply PM me (as Town) or submit your target in your Mafia PT (as Mafia).

Confirmation:

Congratulations!

Jailkeeper

Each night, you may choose to "Jailkeep" someone, which will simultaneously protect them from one nightkill and roleblock them. To submit, simply PM me (as Town) or submit your target in your Mafia PT (as Mafia).

Tracker

Each night, you may select a player in the game to track. You will find out who they targeted that night (if anyone). To submit, simply PM me (as Town) or submit your target in your Mafia PT (as Mafia).

Confirmation:

Sorry!

Unfortunately, you couldn't obtain a power you wanted.

Vanilla Townie

Your weapon is your vote. You have no special abilities.

Mafia Goon

Each night phase, one of you or your partners may perform the factional kill. You have no special abilities.

Confirmation:

To confirm, send me the name of your role.

Spoiler: Final Role PM
Town [Role Name]

Abilities:

Role description

Win Condition:

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Confirmation:

Please confirm by correctly answering which 3 rules, upon violation, will cause immediate force-replace/modkill.
(Hint, they have a star next to them.)

Mafia [Role Name]

Abilities:

Role description

Win Condition:

You win when the mafia obtain a majority or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Confirmation:

Please confirm by correctly answering which 3 rules, upon violation, will cause immediate force-replace/modkill.
(Hint, they have a star next to them.)
Last edited by DrCirno on Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DrCirno
DrCirno
Mafia Scum
DrCirno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:05 pm

Post by DrCirno »

This little thing is a progress bar. I found it on the internet and it's actually pretty useful. The pre-game progress will be tracked in this post.
So please keep an eye on this post for an update.

Spoiler: Setup generation log
Randomizing alignments... Done
Receiving Draft Numbers... Countdown: (expired on 2015-03-31 22:49:07)
==========
ERR 001 - Failure to confirm
==========
>> snscompt1 replaces Daenerys
Receiving Draft Numbers... Done

==========
Generating Draft order...
==========
pieguyn:
Sky_Paladin:
Nutz:
Count Dooku:
Not_Mafia:
snscompt1:
VysePresident:
notquitethere:
pisskop:
Flubbernugget:
McMenno:
davesaz:
lalaladucks:
Green Crayons:

Receiving picks... (expired on 2015-04-02 11:03:03)

==========
ERR 001 - Failure to confirm
==========
>> SXTLHGaiden replaces Nutz

Receiving picks... Done.

Finalizing Choices... Done.

===============
DRAFT ORDER
===============
pieguyn:
Sky_Paladin:
SXTLHGaiden:
Count Dooku:
Not_Mafia:
snscompt1:
VysePresident:
notquitethere:
pisskop:
Flubbernugget:
McMenno:
davesaz:
lalaladucks:
Green Crayons:
Last edited by DrCirno on Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DrCirno
DrCirno
Mafia Scum
DrCirno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:32 pm

Post by DrCirno »

Role PMs are going out. The game will start when 9/14 confirms or when the following countdown expires.

(expired on 2015-04-04 22:32:42)
DrCirno
DrCirno
Mafia Scum
DrCirno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:35 am

Post by DrCirno »

So I've done a little research about the avatar he gave me.
It seems like this girl is self-proclaimed (and is) tsundere.

...could it be that he's into that kind of thing?
No, that can't be right. He's more into yandere.
Then with what symbolism did he gave me time his avatar for?

With the puzzle unsolved, Day one begins for you players.

Day 1 has begun.
DrCirno
DrCirno
Mafia Scum
DrCirno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:39 am

Post by DrCirno »

votecount 1.00
Not Voting:
Not_Mafia, McMenno, Green Crayons, Count Dooku, Flubbernugget, notquitethere, Sky_Paladin, pieguyn, pisskop, SXTLHGaiden, davesaz, snscompt1, lalaladucks, VysePresident

With 14 alive, 8 to lynch

Deadline is April 17, 8:40 AM EST.
(expired on 2015-04-17 08:39:47)
Count Dooku
Count Dooku
Mafia Scum
Count Dooku
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:42 am

Post by Count Dooku »

First!
VOTE: Pisskop
Hey there!
Get to Know a Sith Lord
Officially the worst mafioso ever.
RIP Sir Christopher Lee
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:42 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: snscompt1

I could have been number 2
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:43 am

Post by Green Crayons »

That was a lengthy wait.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:43 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 3, DrCirno wrote:

===============
DRAFT ORDER
===============
pieguyn:
Sky_Paladin:
SXTLHGaiden:
Count Dooku:
Not_Mafia:
snscompt1:
VysePresident:
notquitethere:
pisskop:
Flubbernugget:
McMenno:
davesaz:
lalaladucks:
Green Crayons:

VOTE: dave, for being first among us last place equals.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:04 am

Post by davesaz »

VOTE: SXTLHGaiden
So many shift keys.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:06 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Prodge
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:06 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: Flubbernugget
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:11 am

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

In post 11, davesaz wrote:VOTE: SXTLHGaiden
So many shift keys.

dat's why i use caps lock
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
it can help the game for people to be aware that L-1 is L-Gaiden
- popsofctown
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:21 am

Post by McMenno »

VOTE: lalaladucks

I'm watching you :wink:
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:30 am

Post by davesaz »

Flubber, how can you prodge on the first page?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
snscompt1
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:31 am

Post by snscompt1 »

VOTE: Not Mafia
You stole my number and still got to pick before me. I blame you.

Pedit its flubber, just go with it
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:34 am

Post by davesaz »

I know, so I didn't try to start a flashwagon. :P
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:19 am

Post by pieguyn »

#swag
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:21 am

Post by pieguyn »

V
O
T
E
:
d
a
v
e
s
a
z

#sundevils4lyfe
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:32 am

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

dat vote. so colorful
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
it can help the game for people to be aware that L-1 is L-Gaiden
- popsofctown
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:55 am

Post by Green Crayons »

so ugly
snscompt1
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:58 am

Post by snscompt1 »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Dave
pieguyn
pieguyn