Post Post #650 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 11:59 pm

Post by House »

davesaz (4) Aneninen, texcat, House, Inquisitor
Inquisitor (1) davesaz
(
Not voting
) numberQ, randomidget, Reubus Swagrid
8 alive; 5 votes lynch.

In post 649, Aneninen wrote:That question went for everyone, more precisely for everyone else. Not for
Wgeurts
I mean, Davesaz.

Why wouldn't you want his input, considering the only reason it matters is if he flips town?

*paranoid*
Last edited by Korejora on Wed May 13, 2015 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Tue May 12, 2015 11:59 pm

Post by House »

UNVOTE:

Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 3:25 am

Post by Aneninen »

Are you really paranoid at me?
Just check Random's claim, my one and the fact there was a Nightkill. I simply can't be scum.
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 3:29 am

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

Hey all, this game now has my full attention as my other priority game had ended. I'm waiting for the claim to come before I start actively posting. Sorry if my activity was bugging you beforehand

Paranoia is helpful, if I listened to and expressed my paranoia I may have won my previous game :P

Unless someone is confirmed there's no reason to not be paranoid
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 3:38 am

Post by texcat »

Aneninen is confirmed for those paying attention. The roleblocker can confirm him, though I see no reason for the roleblocker to out himself to do so.
Inquisitor
Inquisitor
Townie
Inquisitor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 8:03 am

Post by Inquisitor »

The only role we should coordinate is the tracker.

Random should tell us which unconfirmed player he intends to track, and that player should claim so as to not waste our track on someone confirmable, IE the roleblocker.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 10:31 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 653, Reubus Swagrid wrote:Hey all, this game now has my full attention as my other priority game had ended. I'm waiting for the claim to come before I start actively posting.

I've site-activity checked him and it's confirmed.

In post 654, texcat wrote:Aneninen is confirmed for those paying attention. The roleblocker can confirm him, though I see no reason for the roleblocker to out himself to do so.

Truth said in both parts.

In post 655, Inquisitor wrote:Random should tell us which unconfirmed player he intends to track, and that player should claim so as to not waste our track on someone confirmable, IE the roleblocker.

It may work.

Whom should I kill? Any ideas?
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 11:43 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

I will track Texcat.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 1:26 pm

Post by texcat »

OK. But we may never get to night without a few more votes. Dave has 3 and Inquisitor has 1. House, Reubus, Random, Q? Are yall planning on voting?
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 2:21 pm

Post by House »

In post 652, Aneninen wrote:Are you really paranoid at me?
Just check Random's claim, my one and the fact there was a Nightkill. I simply can't be scum.

How about you try answering my question?

numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 2:59 pm

Post by numberQ »

Alright, I exist again. Finals suck yo.

I'd like to start by thinking through the random claim, since he was one of my bigger scum reads. That requires thinking through the setup a little bit. Imo, random is only scum if he's not the traitor. Traitor!random just wouldn't know enough about the setup (like how many roles there are) to comfortable claim tracker. At minimum, that means scum picked two powers and thus town has four roles. RIP was the goon cop, so that's 1. Ane might be the vig, and Ane is not scum in this hypothetical "random is scum" situation, so that's 2. And scum could have found one n1 with the role cop, so that's 3. That means there's 1 mystery town role, and scum!random could not have known if it would be safe to fakeclaim tracker. Unless random has balls of steel, he's off my scum list.

I also want to look at the other claim, Ane's vig claim. I know I originally said it was too risky for scum to do that, but really it would be less risky to fakeclaim vig than tracker because scum know where the nightkills came from. However, after reading through his ISO, I still don't think he's scum. He overall seems very focused and town-motivated, especially post 500 which I thought was dumb before but on a reread I actually like. Suffice to say that Ane's claim isn't what clears him imo, it's his play.

This may be mostly redundant and everyone might have already worked through all that on their own, but I'm generally bad at setup logic, and it helped to write up this post so all my thoughts were in one place. Now that I have two fairly strong town reads, I'm going to look at dave since he seems to be the contested slot today. I never really had him as a scumread, but I'll try and see where people are coming from. What is the case against him anyway? I'm not sure I understand what makes him so scummy from his recent posts.
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 3:01 pm

Post by numberQ »

Also, Swagrid, why are you waiting for a claim to start contributing? All I'm seeing from you all game is shallow posts and reasons not to post. I'm going to look into Swagrid too, the only reason I'm not voting him now is because no one else seems to think he's scum, but unless he starts actually doing something I'm going to build back up my case on him.
Hey!
Inquisitor
Inquisitor
Townie
Inquisitor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 3:20 pm

Post by Inquisitor »

@Anen: I'm not sure. Shoot an unconfirmed person I guess? I can't really come up with reasons to kill anyone but dave.
Inquisitor
Inquisitor
Townie
Inquisitor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 3:20 pm

Post by Inquisitor »

Do we even have anything to lose from a massclaim at this point?
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 3:30 pm

Post by texcat »

Do we have anything to gain? Are you trying to expose the roleblocker?
Inquisitor
Inquisitor
Townie
Inquisitor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 3:40 pm

Post by Inquisitor »

In post 664, texcat wrote:Do we have anything to gain? Are you trying to expose the roleblocker?

Sure, why not.

Btw, random is checking you so you should claim just in case you're actually confirmable and you don't waste our track.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 3:52 pm

Post by texcat »

I saw that and said OK already.
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 3:54 pm

Post by texcat »

And #Q, I agree about Reubus. He's definitely on my radar.
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 4:58 pm

Post by numberQ »

I don't think texcat should claim until we're ready to end the day.
Hey!
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 5:04 pm

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

In post 658, texcat wrote:OK. But we may never get to night without a few more votes. Dave has 3 and Inquisitor has 1. House, Reubus, Random, Q? Are yall planning on voting?

Sure am, at this stage I'm intending to hammer but I'm waiting for a claim before I do anything. davesaz has been sitting at L-1 for about a day and hasn't posted for 2 so I'd like to see what he has to say
Inquisitor
Inquisitor
Townie
Inquisitor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Post by Inquisitor »

In post 668, numberQ wrote:I don't think texcat should claim until we're ready to end the day.

I don't see what the difference is?
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 8:28 pm

Post by Aneninen »

In post 658, texcat wrote:OK. But we may never get to night without a few more votes. Dave has 3 and Inquisitor has 1. House, Reubus, Random, Q? Are yall planning on voting?

Townpost.

In post 659, House wrote:
How about you try answering my question?

I didn't think that you needed a separate answer.
Firstly, Davesaz has already posted his reads. If he happens to flip town, those reads must be taken seriously.
Secondly, he's posted nothing since my original question. Do you really think that he wouldn't express any opinion just because I'm scumreading him?

In post 660, numberQ wrote:I also want to look at the other claim, Ane's vig claim. I know I originally said it was too risky for scum to do that, but really it would be less risky to fakeclaim vig than tracker because scum know where the nightkills came from. However, after reading through his ISO, I still don't think he's scum. He overall seems very focused and town-motivated, especially post 500 which I thought was dumb before but on a reread I actually like. Suffice to say that Ane's claim isn't what clears him imo, it's his play.

Actually if you've read my recent posts you must know that I simply can't be scum.

However, it's strange that noone has realized that there would be another possibility... in theory. Even if it doesn't work in practice.
Random's result might have meant that I'm Mafia JOAT and I used the Ninja ability at Night2. In this case the scums should have three powers: Rolecop, JOAT – and Recruit. The only possibility for the recruited Traitor could be Jeanne (I couldn't be a JOAT as a recruited Traitor). But, that would mean five town-PRs; everything but Innocent Child. If this were the case, the Vigilante would have counter-claimed me and I'm sure that the Bodyguard would have claimed too after my post about the possibilities. (Also, there would be missing Nightkills from the "Real Vig", wouldn't there?)

In post 660, numberQ wrote:This may be mostly redundant and everyone might have already worked through all that on their own, but I'm generally bad at setup logic, and it helped to write up this post so all my thoughts were in one place. Now that I have two fairly strong town reads, I'm going to look at dave since he seems to be the contested slot today. I never really had him as a scumread, but I'll try and see where people are coming from. What is the case against him anyway? I'm not sure I understand what makes him so scummy from his recent posts.

In post 661, numberQ wrote:Also, Swagrid, why are you waiting for a claim to start contributing? All I'm seeing from you all game is shallow posts and reasons not to post. I'm going to look into Swagrid too, the only reason I'm not voting him now is because no one else seems to think he's scum, but unless he starts actually doing something I'm going to build back up my case on him.

Pretty empty posts with certain contradictions.
You posted that you'd ISOed me, therefore, you must have found my case against Davesaz.
You took much effort on speculating Random's claim then you said that you're bad at Setup logic.
Your observations about Swagrid are valid, but could be faked easily.
Also, don't you have any reads on House, Inquisitor and Texcat?
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Wed May 13, 2015 8:31 pm

Post by Aneninen »

In post 662, Inquisitor wrote:@Anen: I'm not sure. Shoot an unconfirmed person I guess? I can't really come up with reasons to kill anyone but dave.

Actually House and Texcat are out of my Death Note right now.

In post 665, Inquisitor wrote:Btw, random is checking you so you should claim just in case you're actually confirmable and you don't waste our track.

In post 666, texcat wrote:I saw that and said OK already.

Texcat's right. Enough talk about this topic.

In post 669, Reubus Swagrid wrote:Sure am, at this stage I'm intending to hammer but I'm waiting for a claim before I do anything. davesaz has been sitting at L-1 for about a day and hasn't posted for 2 so I'd like to see what he has to say

Start reading the game then. Davesaz is not at L–1, because House unvoted him.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 4:18 am

Post by davesaz »

I've been so busy at work that I didn't notice there was a question which hasn't been answered.

In post 641, Aneninen wrote:Davesaz, it was obvious that it wasn't the term that I hadn't understood. How can you have PoE reads on two players? That would mean, you have a townread on 5 of us. Also, your reasons are not strong either. Reubus is so-so, let's say, I wouldn't call his gameplay pro-town but Inquisitor is a pigeon poop case. Also, Reubus asked the same thing: why is he PoE?

I'm content with my vote.

Yes, that's correct. Reasons against me are equally bad. Reubus isn't cleared by the no-track that night given there was only one kill. Since I'm town and there is only one scum left, I don't find it unusual to have just two scumreads. Why do you find that unusual?

It's possible you're lying about being a vig. Mafia
could
have a ninja shot which would allow you to kill across a no-track. There haven't been any double kills to even confirm the presence of a vig. But the way you're doing it is confident enough that I believe you.

Could the tracker claim be false? I have to believe that a real tracker would CC in that case, can't think of any reason not to. So I believe that claim too.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Inquisitor
Inquisitor
Townie
Inquisitor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Thu May 14, 2015 6:19 am

Post by Inquisitor »

@Anen: it's up to you, really. Just don't shoot the guy we're tracking and it's probably fine.

Return to “Completed Open Games”