numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Open 599: Modern Trio (Game over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 6:10 am

Post by numberQ »

In the shadows of Scumland lurks a legend. It speaks of an ancient, terrible curse, and a prophecy to be fulfilled every century. One hundred years ago, the town twisted on itself and broke under its own weight -- the weight of deceit and betrayal, the weight of death and destruction. Its citizens burned, but they rebuilt. Scumland returned to normal life, and the curse became a forgotten nightmare.

The mayor was roused from sleep by the town elder. The elder was wiser than any who lived there, and thought privy to the unknowable secrets of the universe. The panic in his eyes scared the mayor. Strangers had arrived, said the elder. Nine strangers, as the prophecy foretold. The mayor’s eyes widened. The prophecy was just a story. A fairytale from days long past, a joke among the teenagers. The elder shook his head forlornly. He assured the mayor it was real, very real, very dangerous. The mayor was at a loss for words. He asked the elder what to do.

The elder had come prepared. He pulled out three ancient tomes from within his long, patched cloak. They were marked with age, and indistinguishable from one another. The nine strangers did not yet know each other, explained the elder, but that did not matter. These tomes held magic powers; each, when read from, would alter the strangers to fulfill the prophecy, to begin the process that would save or destroy them all. The mayor was to bring the nine strangers together, then let them have it out in a days-long battle of wits and wills. The books would seal the pact, and ensure through arcane rites that the fate of the town was tied incontrovertibly to that of the strangers.

The mayor asked what would happen if he refused to play along with this game destiny forced on him. The elder’s cackle was unsettling, and told the mayor all he needed to know.

"Choose wisely," said the elder, his grin toothless and invisible beneath his beard. "All of Scumland will burn if you don’t."

Open 599
Modern Trio

Game Info:

Final Vote Count (3.1)

Fromage [1]
texcat
pistachi0n [0]

sthar8 [0]

:right:
texcat [3][LYNCHED]
sthar8, Fromage, You Got Schooled
You Got Schooled [0]

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Not Voting:
pistachi0n

Game Events

, , , , , , , , , ,

Player List (
Bold
is confirmed)

A Simple Plan

BlueMoonRising
Fromage

ika

kyndy101

pistachi0n

sthar8

texcat

You Got Schooled

* denotes a prod

Spoiler: Alive Players (2/9)
Fromage,
Mafia Goon
, won.
You Got Schooled,
Mafia Role Cop
, won.

Spoiler: Dead Players (7/9)
kyndy101,
Vanilla Townie
, lynched day 1.
ika,
Vanilla Townie
, shot night 1.
BlueMoonRising,
Vanilla Townie
, lynched day 2.
A Simple Plan,
Town Jailkeeper
, shot night 2.
texcat,
Vanilla Townie
, lynched day 3.
pistachi0n,
1-shot Friendly Neighbor
, killed in endgame.
sthar8,
Vanilla Townie
, killed in endgame.
Last edited by numberQ on Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:49 am, edited 33 times in total.
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 6:10 am

Post by numberQ »

Rules:

General

1. Be familiar with the sitewide rules and guidelines.
  2. Keep flaming to a minimum. Mafia can get to be a heated game, but let's be civil about this.
  3. Unless otherwise specified in your role PM or by me, you may not communicate outside of this thread while the game is running. If someone contacts you outside of the game, please let me know immediately!
  4. Do not quote any private communication to which you have access. This includes game-related PMs, instant messages, and QuickTopics. Quoting time stamps from any private communication is also forbidden. Paraphrasing is okay.
  5. If it is not visible to the naked eye, do not post it. This includes, but is not limited to: invisible text, tiny text, encrypted text, and text hidden within tags. Spoiler text, however, is allowed, as long as it is used within reason. For cases of breadcrumbing where you aren't sure, please PM me beforehand.
  6. If you have the ability to edit your posts, don't use it in my game.
  7. Purple
    is reserved for the moderator. All other formatting is fair game with the provision that you do not impersonate me.

Activity

1. Prods will be issued to players if they have not posted within a 48-hour period; they will have 24 hours to respond in the game thread before I search for a replacement. I will also send reminders on request as long as at least 24 hours have passed since the player's last post.
  2. Players who have been prodded 3 times are subject to replacement without further notice. Player-requested reminders do not count toward this total.
  3. If you anticipate being away for at least 48 hours, please PM me or post a V/LA notice in the thread with the expected date of your return.

Days and Nights

1. Days have a maximum duration of 3 weeks. Deadline extensions will be granted only in extreme circumstances.
  2. Nights have a fixed duration of 3 days. Even if all night actions are received before then, the next day will not start until the deadline is up.
  3. Lynches occur through simple majority (50% of living players + 1, rounded down). If no majority is reached at deadline, a no lynch will occur.
  4. Votes and unvotes must be bolded (e.g.,
    Vote: numberQ
    and
    Unvote
    ). Unvotes are not necessary when switching votes. Use of the vote tags (e.g., VOTE: numberQ) is optional, but preferred.
  5. No lynch may be voted for the same way normal lynches are (e.g., VOTE: No lynch). A no lynch will also occur through simple majority.
  6. All players, including the lynched player, are allowed to discuss in twilight phase until I post the death scene. Dead players may make one "Bah!" post that contains no game-related content.

Moderator Actions

1. Flavor is for entertainment purposes only and has no significance in the game.
  2. For minor questions or vote count errors, please bold your concern in the thread. For all other issues, use PM.
  3. Pretending to break the rules or exploiting loopholes in the rules will be considered breaking the rules.
  4. Any situation not covered above will be handled on a case-by-case basis.

I reserve the right to add, modify, or remove rules as necessary. I will notify you of all changes in the thread.

Please PM me if you need clarification on anything in the rules.

Biggest rule: Mafia is just a game, so play to win, but more importantly, play to have fun!
Last edited by numberQ on Wed May 27, 2015 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 6:10 am

Post by numberQ »

Setup:

Modern Trio

This game has one of three possible setups, chosen randomly by me before the start of the game.

Setup 1

Mafia Goons

Vanilla Townies

Jailkeeper

Setup 2

Mafia Goon

Mafia Role Cop

Vanilla Townies

Jailkeeper

One-shot Friendly Neighbor

Setup 3

Mafia Goons

Vanilla Townies

Action Detector

Possible Role PMs:

Vanilla Townie

Welcome to Open 599: Modern Trio, <player name>! You are a
Vanilla Townie

[-]
Your only abilities are your vote and your voice, but do not underestimate them.

[-]
You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Game thread is here. Confirm via PM.

Jailkeeper

Jailkeeper

[-]
Each night, you may select one person to lock up via PM to the mod. That person will be protected from a nightkill, but also prevented from performing any night actions.

[-]

[-]
During one night in the entire game, you may PM the mod your choice of who should receive a confirmation that you are town. Barring any untimely deaths or roleblocks, that person will receive the following PM on daystart:

<player name> is confirmed to be town-aligned.

[-]

Action Detector

Welcome to Open 599: Modern Trio, <player name>! You are an
Action Detector

[-]
Each night, you may target someone via PM to the mod. On daystart, you will be informed whether or not that person took an action in the form of "Action taken" or "No result". If you are roleblocked, you will receive a "No result".

[-]

Mafia Goon

Mafia Goon
, along with your partner <player name>.

[-]
You and your partner may talk during night here.

[-]
Each night, you or your partner may kill one player of your choice.

[-]
You win when all members of the town have been eliminated or nothing can prevent the same.

Mafia Role Cop

Mafia Role Cop
, along with your partner <player name>.

[-]
You and your partner may talk during night here.

[-]
Each night, you or your partner may kill one player of your choice.

[-]
Each night, if you did not submit the night kill, you may investigate one person to find out their role on daystart.

[-]
You win when all members of the town have been eliminated or nothing can prevent the same.

Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 6:40 am

Post by numberQ »

Role PMs are out! Game will begin once 8/9 players have confirmed.
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 2:58 pm

Post by numberQ »

Vote Count (1.0)

A Simple Plan [0]

BlueMoonRising [0]

Fromage [0]

ika [0]

kyndy101 [0]

pistachi0n [0]

sthar8 [0]

texcat [0]

You Got Schooled [0]

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Not Voting:
Everyone
Deadline:
(expired on 2015-06-16 22:00:00)

You may now post.

sthar8 has 24 hours to post before I look for a replacement.
Hey!
kyndy101
kyndy101
Goon
kyndy101
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 3:03 pm

Post by kyndy101 »

Hello everyone! I don't think I've played with any of you guys before, but I hope we can have a great game!

VOTE: A Simple Plan
No plan is as simple as you say. False advertising
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 3:09 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

VOTE: Kyndy101 because she has a Homestuck profile picture.
kyndy101
kyndy101
Goon
kyndy101
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 3:21 pm

Post by kyndy101 »

In post 6, pistachi0n wrote:VOTE: Kyndy101 because she has a Homestuck profile picture.

But Homestuck!!
Haha I don't even ship Dave and Terezi but I wanted a picture with Terezi in it and this was so cute <3 How could I resist? I wanted a picture of Terezi bein all JUSTICE but I couldn't find a 50 by 50 picture :(
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 3:44 pm

Post by ika »

VOTE: YGS
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 3:54 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

In post 7, kyndy101 wrote:
In post 6, pistachi0n wrote:VOTE: Kyndy101 because she has a Homestuck profile picture.

But Homestuck!!
Haha I don't even ship Dave and Terezi but I wanted a picture with Terezi in it and this was so cute <3 How could I resist? I wanted a picture of Terezi bein all JUSTICE but I couldn't find a 50 by 50 picture :(

Ooh! This website will resize pictures for you.
kyndy101
kyndy101
Goon
kyndy101
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 4:41 pm

Post by kyndy101 »

In post 9, pistachi0n wrote:
In post 7, kyndy101 wrote:

But Homestuck!!

Ooh! This website will resize pictures for you.

YOU ARE A LIFESAVER!!!

Expect my pic to change within this game.
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 5:36 pm

Post by A Simple Plan »

Hey guys! So excited to get going; it's my first game of mafia in... Five months now, I think? It's been too long, the point is. I don't believe I've played with anyone here before, but it's a pleasure to meet you all.

I figure it's good to start with a little background info, so we know a bit about one another as early as possible. I'm twenty, I'm a college student, am unemployed, and my hobbies include music, video games, forum mafia, and playing tennis. I almost solely play mafia from my iPad, so I apologize in advance if I have any formatting errors, unfinished posts, etc. because it's a pain in the neck sometimes. I got my username based off the music group Simple Plan, but added an article because I can/I wanted to, for those interested (kyndy). I'm set in the eastern time zone.

I notice that Ika didn't actually say anything except for a vote. I get that there's not much going on, but join the discussion! It's all for fun, and what's the fun in sitting back and being quiet?

VOTE: Fromage

Your name is way too cheesy.
kyndy101
kyndy101
Goon
kyndy101
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 6:04 pm

Post by kyndy101 »

In post 11, A Simple Plan wrote:Hey guys! So excited to get going; it's my first game of mafia in... Five months now, I think? It's been too long, the point is. I don't believe I've played with anyone here before, but it's a pleasure to meet you all.

I figure it's good to start with a little background info, so we know a bit about one another as early as possible. I'm twenty, I'm a college student, am unemployed, and my hobbies include music, video games, forum mafia, and playing tennis. I almost solely play mafia from my iPad, so I apologize in advance if I have any formatting errors, unfinished posts, etc. because it's a pain in the neck sometimes. I got my username based off the music group Simple Plan, but added an article because I can/I wanted to, for those interested (kyndy). I'm set in the eastern time zone.

I notice that Ika didn't actually say anything except for a vote. I get that there's not much going on, but join the discussion! It's all for fun, and what's the fun in sitting back and being quiet?

VOTE: Fromage

Your name is way too cheesy.

I like how friendly you are!
I guess I'll introduce myself a bit too.
I am younger than 18, but older than 14. I am in high school and am currently unemployed and on Summer Break. I am in IB and pride myself in many different fandoms, including Gravity Falls, Homestuck, Doctor Who, Fairy Tail, Pokemon, and many others. I love drawing, dragons, drawing dragons, singing, and playing online mafia. I might as well say this, and any of you can see it in my meta- I am awful at mafia, whether I am town or scum. I always look scummy to most people. I also realise that just by saying that I am probably already looking scummy to some of you guys XD. Also I am playing on my nook / phone, so if I make spelling errors, my apologies.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 6:40 pm

Post by pistachi0n »

I'm also 20 and in college. It's currently summer break for me, I'm working in a lab on my campus and I have basically nothing to do when I'm not in my lab so I signed up for a few mafia games.

I like Homestuck, Parks & Recreation, and science fiction in general. I collect GIANTmicrobes (they're these stuffed animal versions of viruses and bacteria.) My favorite smell is the smell of hardware sores.
BlueMoonRising
BlueMoonRising
Goon
BlueMoonRising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 7:02 pm

Post by BlueMoonRising »

Vote: kyndy101

for introducing WIFOM in RVS.

"I always look scummy."

What do you do that makes you look scummy?
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 7:55 pm

Post by A Simple Plan »

I like BMR's strategy of jumping straight out of RVS as soon as possible with some relevant thoughts. I don't believe the WIFOM she (kyn) presented is much of a lead, so much a sign of inexperience. She does have ten games under her belt on site, however, so I'll simply ask this.

Kyn, which side, between town and scum, do you feel you're better at playing? Why?

BMR, do you look at Kyn's intro, or at least the part you highlighted, as scum-like?
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 8:07 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I think WIFOM is scummy in general because it destracts from actual scum hunting. Weather or not this is intentional is hard to say at this point, but I would venture that she is doing it on purpose, and she is scum, or she is doing it because she lacks experience, and you said, and in that case a wagon would still generate useful information(reactions, etc.)
BlueMoonRising
BlueMoonRising
Goon
BlueMoonRising
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 8:09 pm

Post by BlueMoonRising »

Sorry that was my alt.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 9:23 pm

Post by sthar8 »

I'm here.

Or more accurately, I will be tomorrow. It's like 1am.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 9:27 pm

Post by sthar8 »

for now, VOTE: monkey

playing under an alt is scummy, bro.
You Got Schooled
You Got Schooled
Goon
You Got Schooled
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue May 26, 2015 9:37 pm

Post by You Got Schooled »

VOTE: Kyndy

Wagon!
Fromage
Fromage
Goon
Fromage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 1:03 am

Post by Fromage »

Bonjour!

I think the "I'm scummy" comment indicates fear to get lynched and not inexperience alone.

VOTE: Kindy101
Fromage
Fromage
Goon
Fromage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 1:08 am

Post by Fromage »

@ASP: How do you think it helps to know some background information about the person in determining the player's alignment?

@Stahr: Why is it scummy to play under an alt?
Fromage
Fromage
Goon
Fromage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 1:10 am

Post by Fromage »

Oh, Kindy is now at L-1. Don't hammer her by accident.
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed May 27, 2015 2:19 am

Post by numberQ »

Bump so vote count hits the next page.