Fromage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:53 am

Post by Fromage »

NumberQ, thanks for modding!

EspeciallyTheLies wrote:After the fuck up with BMR/MM, Fromage became a suspect

Why? Did my hammer look badly?

This was my first scumgame. It was easier than I expected it to be. Ika and BMR, thanks for the help. :P It's a bit embarassing that I made more posts in the scum thread than in the game. But we won and that counts. :D
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:56 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 174, sthar8 wrote:This was not a good fucking game.

It was meant for the mod.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:00 am

In post 175, Fromage wrote:NumberQ, thanks for modding!

EspeciallyTheLies wrote:After the fuck up with BMR/MM, Fromage became a suspect

Why? Did my hammer look badly?

This was my first scumgame. It was easier than I expected it to be. Ika and BMR, thanks for the help. :P It's a bit embarassing that I made more posts in the scum thread than in the game. But we won and that counts. :D

For me, it was more of associations based on new information and a lot of PoE. My thinking was that ASP was scum, and therefore, his interactions with you led me to think you were not partners. I had you as town based on that for a bit. I'd caught ASP's crumbs and thought they were fake. When BMR flipped town, I knew ASP was dying. I knew sthar was town, pistachi0n was conftown, and I had a strong townread on texcat for most of the game as well. that really only left you and YGS.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:02 am

ika did well, by the way. Good job on pistachi0n for not countering it. It led to a useless NK, giving the town at least one night of actions to work with. It fell apart when BMR/MM decided to lie. That one move ruined the game. Period. He's been added to my permanent blacklist.
Art is cool.
A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
A Simple Plan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:08 am

Post by A Simple Plan »

@ETL: I'm guessing you mean me not countering the kill on Ika, not Pistachi0n?

Also, I'm absolutely furious at myself. I had scum pegged with my target N1, and I coulda stayed on him and been freakin fine. But dammit, Texcat, stop making me scum read you lol
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:10 am

Post by pistachi0n »

Yeah, on day 2 I thought I was doing a good job at scum-hunting, so I was disappointed that I had misread BMR so badly. But I'm glad my friendly neighbor target was a good choice at least.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:10 am

Spoiler: my game notes
Day 1 impressions:

ASP is number one suspect for the following reasons:
  • was forced and OTT, clearly intended to give the impression he was being "friendly, helpful and open".
  • In the same post, there is a logical disconnect. He calls out ika for naked voting but then RVS votes Fromage. It doesn't make sense and looks like busy-words.
  • He defends Kyndy from BMR, disagrees with BMR, but then buddies the shit out of him in , and again post-hammer in . It reeks of "trying not to make waves".
  • Speaking of his reaction to the hammer, it was really fake. Feigned surprise and then immediately followed it up with buddying of BMR - he is clearly intimidated by the alt's actual join date - and immediately lining up his next lynch in ika (which is dumb, considering he claimed the friendly neighbor and is the most likely candidate for the N1 kill).

I'm not going to comment on Kyndy's posts as it's moot at this point. However, I think BMR's reaction to them was pretty damn towny. It was clear to me that he was really trying to figure out how genuine they were and truly considered the WIFOMy statement a scum-tactic. I disagreed with him at the time, but felt it was more likely to come from town than scum.

Ika stupidly claimed without prompting, completely nullifying the benefit of even having a neighbor and giving mafia the exact setup, whereas we are limited to guessing between setup B and setup C. The claim was one of the worst possible ways to play that. Nevermind the hammer. Really rather disappointing when a PR falls into the hands of someone so unwilling to even try to help his team win.

(ugh this is a wall again...)

From my top town reads in BMR, Kyndy and now ika, comes Fromage. His reaction to the hammer seemed genuine and towny. If ASP flips scum, there is also the direct inquiry he made to him earlier that I don't feel would likely come from a partner.

Then texcat, who I was considering as a PoE/lurker partner, but his post about Fromage showed multiple levels of logic that really showed he was thinking about motivations. He saw Fromage's argument and felt that it was "stolen" from BMR. This thought actually occurred to him, and I don’t think it would have had he been simply looking for an easy opportunity vote.

The remaining players fall into the null category - sthar9, pistachi0n, YGS.

Last thing I wanted to talk about was the wagon on Kyndy. I truly believe that there is at least one mafia on this wagon.
In [post=37]post 37[/post], MODPERSON wrote: kyndy101 [5][LYNCHED] pistachi0n, BlueMoonRising, You Got Schooled, Fromage, ika

• Pistachi0n is an unknown and therefore falls into the pool of possible partners. However, his position on the wagon (first) makes me more inclined to think it is someone later in the wagon.
  • BMR is a strong townread of mine and had good reasoning to vote Kyndy. I feel like he really believed what he was pushing.
  • YGS is another unknown and thus, he also falls into the pool.
  • Fromage is a slight townread, but his position here, the nature of his vote, and texcat's point about the case as well give me good reason to move him into null region, and throw him into the pool.
  • Ika we know claimed neighbor and was not cc'd (though the mod closed the topic quickly, this is not a mafia claim). He is likely the N1 kill.

In order then, of likelihood: YGS, Fromage, pistachi0n. From a strictly VCA point of view, Fromage looks worse than my read. I would like him sorted.

But at the moment, we need to lynch ASP right the hell now.

--

Day 2:
Ok. Ika is less of an idiot. Good job. Which means the mafia believed the existence of the neighbor. Which really tells me nothing since mafia with two goons could be A or C.

Actually... I believe we are under scenario A. 1) Because there was no counter claim, and no sudden scumreads on ika, other than ASP, who is already probably scum anyway, and 2) because there was no claim about a solid town read on D2. This tells me there is no neighbor. Which means we only have the JK. Goddammit.

Getting rid of one scum will increase the JK's usefulness like 10-fold though. So lynch the fuck out of ASP goddammit. Pretty sure the partner is pisatchi0n.

Could be Fromage too. His defense of ASP is odd.

And then there's this:
In post 88, A Simple Plan wrote:I'm Justifiably Keeping my eye on you because to me that's just poor logic.

JK crumb? So late in the game?

More defending of ASP from pistachi0n in 112... is his read that strong or is he protecting him? Actively dismissing cases against him? Interaction between the two is very, VERY minimal. Unless.... oh nevermind that doesn't work.

In post 118, texcat wrote:When I first read 44 and 49, I had a strong gut reaction that ASP was scum. I thought everyone else would have the same reaction.

This is another reason why texcat is town.

--

In post 143, A Simple Plan wrote:Was hoping to avoid having to fully counterclaim, but I'm JailKeeper.

In post 65, A Simple Plan wrote:I'm defending Fromage because he's an obvious target. It would be VERY easy for scum to frame him because of the L1 vote on Kyndy. It was clear that the D2 target would be either The L1 or the hammer on the quicklynch, and with Ika hinting PR, not only would that be a motivation not to lynch him, but with him gone, it makes it very easy for scum to target Fromage. I am interested in getting more out of Fromage before I am willing to think he is scum than just one bonehead vote.
I am
J
ust
K
eeping all options available.

I am JK = Jailkeeper
In post 88, A Simple Plan wrote:So basically what you're saying is, that since both BMR and I are at L2, nobody should declare a vote for either of us despite our reads because someone could quick hammer? I think BMR looks incredibly scummy, and I would put him at L1, except according to you that's scum move number one, and
I'm
J
ustifiably
K
eeping my eye on you because to me that's just poor logic.

Again, I'm JK.

Since this looks like a lynch, I want to publicly declare,
I AM TARGETING TEXCAT TONIGHT
. If I die tonight, Texcat isn't scum.
Reads:
Pistachi0n - conftown.
Fromage - reasonably strong town.
YGS - null/leaning town
Sthar - leaning town with his intent to hammer
Texcat - strong scum

WHAT A TURN OF EVENTS. MY READS ARE SHIT.

Pistachi0n is the friendly neighbor who visited ASP N1. Ok. Who did he target N1 though... BMR claimed his target and ASP didn't.. unless I missed it.

Whatever. I stink.

i stopped writing them after the BMR town flip. i was pretty pissed about it. I was also dead ass wrong about ASP :facepalm: though, in my defense, PRs often come across scummy because they are hiding something. but anyway. I was wrong about ASP.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:12 am

In post 179, A Simple Plan wrote:@ETL: I'm guessing you mean me not countering the kill on Ika, not Pistachi0n?

Also, I'm absolutely furious at myself. I had scum pegged with my target N1, and I coulda stayed on him and been freakin fine. But dammit, Texcat, stop making me scum read you lol

I meant pistachi0n not counter-claiming ika end of D1. If he had, it would have been a disaster. Instead, it allowed ika to take the kill instead as a VT. he baited the mafia successfully, which was a great play, and pistachi0n keeping quiet about it allowed him to target safely.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:14 am

and then, pistachi0n became conftown in LYLO. if you guys had thought a bit more about it (sthar.... ) before voting, it would have been a bit easier. taking pistachio out of the pool of suspects, you'd have been forced to take a look at other people.

i am a bit disappointed in the scumreads on texcat. there are some good reasons why i was townreading him in my notes. it's a subtle thing. i usually focus on getting solid townreads first and then zeroing in on whoever is left.
Art is cool.
pistachi0n
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
pistachi0n
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:17 am

Post by pistachi0n »

Thanks for posting your notes. I skimmed them briefly and plan to look over them in detail when I get home. I'll be sure to pay attention to your tex reads. I'm trying to improve my game so it's really cool that you're doing this.
You Got Schooled
You Got Schooled
Goon
You Got Schooled
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:17 am

Post by You Got Schooled »

Ika was not killed for his soft.

I've seen him do that before as VT.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:20 am

In post 185, You Got Schooled wrote:Ika was not killed for his soft.

I've seen him do that before as VT.

oh really? i guess i'll have to go through the scum PT.

why did you kill him? he was prime lynch bait.
Art is cool.
You Got Schooled
You Got Schooled
Goon
You Got Schooled
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:22 am

He wasn't.

He does dumb shit like that all the time and never gets killed for it.

We killed him because he is, IMO, difficult to mislynch.
You Got Schooled
You Got Schooled
Goon
You Got Schooled
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:22 am

EBWOP: lynched for it...
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:22 am

Post by sthar8 »

i wouldn't have lynched ika
Fromage
Fromage
Goon
Fromage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:24 am

Post by Fromage »

In post 181, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:But at the moment,
we
need to lynch ASP right the hell now.

Thanks for posting your notes. I like how you talk of the game in the first person-plural.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:25 am

Post by sthar8 »

town lost this game the moment ika and monkey got their PMs. I voted tex in lylo cause i just wanted it to be fucking over so i could add them to my blacklist and move on. I actually knew YGS was scum, but lynching them was more work than I was going to put into this shitshow.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:26 am

In post 190, Fromage wrote:
In post 181, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:But at the moment,
we
need to lynch ASP right the hell now.

Thanks for posting your notes. I like how you talk of the game in the first person-plural.

lol.. i was hoping to replace in at some point, so i was reading it as though i was in it, but lost my willingness to do so after the BMR flip. cool though that the game didn't need replacements. that's really unusual in my experience.
Art is cool.
You Got Schooled
You Got Schooled
Goon
You Got Schooled
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:27 am

Course you did Sthar :roll:

@ETL - It was only 7 pages! No time for replacements haha!
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:29 am

In post 193, You Got Schooled wrote:Course you did Sthar :roll:

I've been reading since it started! I'm just a sthar8 groupie, is all :P
Art is cool.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:31 am

Post by sthar8 »

In post 193, You Got Schooled wrote:Course you did Sthar :roll:

Yeah, assuming BBT was reading. He would have lost his shit if he were town.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:31 am

re: ika/pisatchion and the nk - from a strictly theory point, that a solid gambit, even if the scumteam killed him for different reasons.

sthar8, you know i love you to death, but your vote in LYLO was just as bad. stop it. just because you are pissed doesn't mean you throw the game for others. just sit tight and let it go.
Art is cool.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:33 am

Post by sthar8 »

also, the odds that two new players fell for ika's shit softclaim were astronomical. It was much more likely that you killed him knowing he wasn't the obvious mislynch everyone thought.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:34 am

Post by sthar8 »

In post 196, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:sthar8, you know i love you to death, but your vote in LYLO was just as bad. stop it. just because you are pissed doesn't mean you throw the game for others. just sit tight and let it go.

No, because if town won this game, ika and monkey get to be on the winning team. fuck them.
You Got Schooled
You Got Schooled
Goon
You Got Schooled
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:34 am

I was reading.

At what point would I have lost my shit?

PEdit - Correct.

Return to “Completed Open Games”