Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:34 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1046, Plotinus wrote:Firebringer, I'm sorry that I was mean to you. I think I really crossed the line with some of the comments I made when I was angry and I wish I could take them back. You're not a bad player. What you did hurt our chances somewhat, but you're not a bad person for it.

Water under the bridge.

I acted a bit childish with my actions too, I even regretted my anti town sentiment a bit in the dead thread.

GG all.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:18 pm

Post by Antihero »

In post 1049, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 1046, Plotinus wrote:Heartless, a part of why I was tunnelling you guys early on is because I was scum in mini 1704 and it felt like you were playing differently there, your case on me there when you thought I was scum was a lot more nuanced and elaborate and so many times I wanted to ask you "why aren't you playing like in the game you're town in" but of course the ongoing games rule and not wanting to let on that I knew you were town there. It's funny that you were town in both. I think I'll probably be less tunnelly the next time we play together and I liked playing with both of you.

A big part of that was probably that we were a lot deeper into the game in Butterfly, ding dong. XP

Good job, everyone!
Sorry I kind of pooped out on this one Anti, but at least you had good reads.

^5

also, yeah... the detailed and better cases are always going to come deeper into the game. not day 1.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:05 pm

Post by shaddowez »

Hey all,

Great game, I had a blast. I'm sorry I kinda disappeared the last few days. I had an interview for an out of state job, which I actually got, so the last little while (and foreseeable future) have been extremely hectic with leaving my current job, packing, selling house, finding apartment, etc.

If you couldn't tell, I'm terrible at picking up (and leaving, though that didn't matter here) crumbs. I finally killed duppin because of Firebringer's post, and then did associations from there. I believed ika, which is why Plot lived so long, I was actually thinking about killing them N2 but decided to trust ika. I screwed up with wingback, and actually meant to kill wanderer, even though I didn't realize she was a mason at the time.

All in all, I did my best, but come Plot's play-by-play of the game I knew there was nothing I could do anyway.

Thanks for running West!
V/LA on Weekends
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:07 pm

Post by shaddowez »

Also, the migraine thing was real, I actually had some time that night :/
V/LA on Weekends
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:10 pm

Post by Plotinus »

@Heartless, yeah I was dumb :) I think I'll do better next time I play with you guys.

@Shaddowez congrats on getting the job! I believed you that the migraine was real. I get them too and it sucks. You did well, though! It'll be fun playing with you again some time.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:57 pm

Post by Plotinus »

also, @Anti: i grumble about people burden of profficiencying me by expecting me to play day 1 like i play LYLO and then i did it to you! I'm really sorry!

I noticed you saying the masons bussed in the deadthread. In what way did we bus? we didn't bus with our votes, and we didn't bus with our reads on each other so much. I didn't really know how to be a mason so I just treated them like they were my scumbuddies, matching thread temperature, except I never let them fall below a "idekmaybetown"lean.

How are masons supposed to act? i didn't really know what i was doing. but I think I did okay at obfuscating who they were when I went through their ISOs. i did the numbers thing for them too so that I could notice enough things to fabricate a genuine read on them that wasn't "my rolepm says they're town". I knew that if I posted the numbers thing in thread it would give us away, though, so i didn't.

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:09 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 127, Aristophanes wrote:I almost feel bad for Mastina. She is putting her all into this and I don't think she got anywhere but "scum flailing."
Not even remotely close to my all.

My all was, incidentally, ongoing, being Final Fantasy 7. THAT game is me going all-out. This game, I had given up. (Incidentally, both had a critical event happen THE VERY SAME DAY: On a Monday, in FF7, I was lynched. THAT SAME MONDAY was the Lalendra mislynch. Understandably, I was devastated. :P)

In post 1046, Plotinus wrote:mastin, thanks for putting up with me in LYLO and for talking with me and listening to me and chatting with me. I know it mustn't have been fun for you but it's what i needed and it helped.
Honestly the most unfun thing was realizing that, thanks to accidentally reading shaddow as being the last mason and you simply as a VT who knew the mason, I had lynched two town and
brilliantly
set myself up to be the lylo mislynch with nobody to blame but myself. :P

After you showed me that wasn't true, I felt much better.

Also, normally in a game like this I'd post post-game thoughts of my own, but I don't really have much to say, given I was a lategame replacement. I think town did pretty well overall this game, especially Heartless and Plot.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:26 pm

Post by Plotinus »

I could tell it wasn't scumflailing. Your bursts of posting always made me feel better about you. If shaddowez had pushed you on those lines, my decision would have been easier.

I'm glad you replaced into this, mastina. <3

ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:27 pm

Post by ika »

In post 1055, Plotinus wrote:How are masons supposed to act? i didn't really know what i was doing. but I think I did okay at obfuscating who they were when I went through their ISOs. i did the numbers thing for them too so that I could notice enough things to fabricate a genuine read on them that wasn't "my rolepm says they're town". I knew that if I posted the numbers thing in thread it would give us away, though, so i didn't.

playing mason is like playing IC/VT role to me. I jsut use my buddies as soundboards. I found it easy to jsut go "ya gut town" or something equivilent to them and set up a crumb/refrence that we can use when needed to claim

for me i tend to play as i do as VT when im mason cus thats what you basicly are in the end. Its the same as how i would play IC in that i would teat is like im a vt jsut known town. the main thing with ic-esque roles when you are them and outed is that people put the standards to you.

what i tend to do when i am in that place i tend to ask all the questions and keep my cards to myself to the end of the day so scums can jsut use the "im sheeping IC" excuse cus i have seen it many times for both town and scum to use
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:32 pm

Post by Plotinus »

thanks ika, that makes sense.

I think people confuse conftown with being right about stuff. conftowns do this and other people in the game with them. it's hard.

ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:37 pm

Post by ika »

In post 1059, Plotinus wrote:thanks ika, that makes sense.

I think people confuse conftown with being right about stuff. conftowns do this and other people in the game with them. it's hard.

it is, most ppl presume IC must be right. the thing about IC is that they are not always right but instead alwasy have town motivations behind their actions
Wanderer-nl
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Wanderer-nl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: The country with the many dykes because we are below sealevel (GMT +1)

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:33 am

Post by Wanderer-nl »

Congrats on the new job shaddowez!

Very well done Plotinus, you put a LOT of work into the game from Day 1 and I couldn't have asked for a better mason-buddy. I felt guilty sometimes because I couldn't find motivation within myself to put as much work into this.

GG all, had fun and hope to see you all around in other games.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:53 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 1054, Plotinus wrote:@Heartless, yeah I was dumb :) I think I'll do better next time I play with you guys.

eh don't beat yourself up. incorrect scum reads happen.

also, lol i don't think anything was wrong with the way you played mason. i think you actually did a better job than i could've ever hoped to do.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:55 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 1057, Plotinus wrote:I could tell it wasn't scumflailing. Your bursts of posting always made me feel better about you. If shaddowez had pushed you on those lines, my decision would have been easier.

I'm glad you replaced into this, mastina. <3

yeah, and this too.

mastin did a phenomenal job in lylo of towning it up. she should be proud of how she did this game.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:39 am

Post by Plotinus »

thanks Anti, that means a lot coming from you.

and mastin did really great.

Wanderer I thought you were a great mason buddy. You looked really town and it was fun being town together, and I like the way you interact with other players; scumhunting without getting into long screaming matches with people.

TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:26 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 1056, mastin2 wrote:Not even remotely close to my all.

@_@

I'll have to read Final Fantasy 7 sometime, because I thought your analysis here was very thorough.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:52 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1057, Plotinus wrote:I'm glad you replaced into this, mastina. <3
In post 1063, Antihero wrote:mastin did a phenomenal job in lylo of towning it up. she should be proud of how she did this game.
<3

In post 1065, TellTaleHeart wrote:I'll have to read Final Fantasy 7 sometime, because I thought your analysis here was very thorough.
Well honestly, my play in FF7 was less analytical, but
did
hold more effort. Meaning that I was getting very emotional, very distressed, very much doing flailing because I didn't know what was going on, very upset that my plans blew up in my face, very confused at why people didn't understand why I had made the plans, and all-around unpleasant things. (Think like a cranked up to eleven version of We Didn't Playtest This.) So if you read it, you're being masochistic because it was ugly. But technically speaking, yes, it was more effort compared to this game.

This game I didn't even read all of, and my analysis was done at first just enough to get a grip on the game, and then after the Lalendra lynch, as a token effort because I thought I needed to do something even though I didn't think there was much point. So very much, I did not give this game as much effort as I'm capable of.

However,
that being said
, I think what I
did
give was more precise. I think that while I may not have given as much as I could have, what I DID give was exactly what I needed to give, with me pointing out all the right things in all the right ways at all the right times. (Which is something that didn't happen in FF7. At least not enough to avert my mislynch, anyway.) So in that way, I guess my play here was giving my all. It was quality over quantity.

Certainly gives me things to think about in future games. Probably won't see it much (at least not on my main--between alts and hydras, I can give it a go), because I don't think I can intentionally replicate the mindset which allowed me to accidentally post that way, but it's worth trying out to see if I can keep doing it. 'Cause I think I kinda like doing it that way. It felt good.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:07 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Quality over quantity is very important imo. You really did yo a great job at the end there.
It was anyone's game and you drove it home.

I look forward to playing with anyone on this list again. (Moreso those who replaced in or stayed from the beginning.) I hope we meet again! Maybe in a nicer neighborhood though...
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:53 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

lock
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus