shaddowez
[1] - mastin2
[L-1]

mastin2
[1] - shaddowez
[L-1]

Not Voting
[1] - Rainbow Unicat

With 3 people alive, it takes 2 votes on someone to lynch them.
Day 6 will end on October 7 at 6:30 PM PST, or in (expired on 2015-10-07 18:30:00)
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:30 pm

Post by shaddowez »

I know this sounds like a cop out, but I've got a migraine tonight so need to postpone until tomorrow night. Unless either of you have shorter questions for me to address before reading the walls.
V/LA on Weekends
Rainbow Unicat
Rainbow Unicat
Goon
Rainbow Unicat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:36 pm

Post by Rainbow Unicat »

Feel better soon! I get migraines too so I know what it's like.

--P
Hydra of Bellaphant and Plotinus
Baby we're a little different, there's no need to be ashamed.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:46 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Technically I've had the time today since I didn't go dancing, but I've been REALLY busy catching up and doing miscellaneous other things that I've needed to get done, so mafia took the backburner. I'll do the game stuff tonight if I can, tomorrow if I can't. But right now, there's something that I wanted to say that I thought of.

When I answered the question about why I didn't point out the point about shaddow (it's somewhere in the above), what I said there wasn't technically true. It bugged me at the time. It felt close to the truth, but didn't quite feel like the truth, yet I couldn't figure out what the issue was, basically, "Where the heck am I telling a lie?!? I feel like I am, but I can't tell where?"

Well, today I figured out where.

But this is a bit of a roundabout answer.
And I suppose it's technically officially gloating about my scumgame since that's involved in the explanation process.

But basically...you know how I have situational awareness, right? As either alignment, it's something that I possess. (It's one reason I felt so much gloom when Lalendra flipped town: doesn't take a genius to realize situation was critical.) And how scum, it's more deadly? Well...part of that ties into my expectations of others. When I view the game as town, I am thinking like me. I project my actions into others. (Plot, know how you said that shaddow was playing to your scum meta? Well, I kinda sorta do this type of projection all the time in my mind, even if I'm not aware of it.)

I'm always thinking in terms of what they'd do, yes, but if I don't know them intimately, I fill the gaps with...me. (Heck, even if I DO know them intimately, I may STILL fill the gaps with me.) And I look at things. And I think of them in terms of how I would see them, think about the optimal plays and whatnot and so on and so forth. Being the uninformed majority, this is a natural inclination...and it has a side-effect of me missing things.

Thus the lie I told without knowing I was telling a lie. The actual reason that I didn't think about the shaddow-bussed thing is because...well. Awkward phrasing here, but. As scum I tend not to bus, so I write into others the tendency of thinking they wouldn't bus...even though I'm the author of an article about needing to stop bussing. So it wasn't until I saw the bus-vote-post that I realized it was the kind of bus-vote I'd have made, and therefore, a point I could raise, because I was still thinking like me rather than thinking like another person.

This is a point in my favor, though, and here comes the scum bragging part, because as scum, I don't have that weakness. Time and time again, I've shown myself able to get into other peoples' heads and manipulate them. That, fundamentally, could never be possible if I was unaware of how they think. I can't necessarily control their thoughts, but I can always direct their thoughts. Something that requires me to understand how their minds operate. And when I'm in the thread posting my thoughts, I often show this. Heck, it's part of the giveaway tell when I'm scum, even. As town I'll make erroneous calls at how things work. As scum, I almost never give them, and when I do, I create a narrative
so
good it's borderline perfect and which makes you want to believe it's true because it makes sense and has great insight into their minds.

Basically, as town I guess. As scum, I know, and then either hide, show, or create the illusion of.

Like I said, will get to the rest if I can.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Rainbow Unicat
Rainbow Unicat
Goon
Rainbow Unicat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:11 pm

Post by Rainbow Unicat »

Well...part of that ties into my expectations of others. When I view the game as town, I am thinking like me. I project my actions into others. (Plot, know how you said that shaddow was playing to your scum meta? Well, I kinda sorta do this type of projection all the time in my mind, even if I'm not aware of it.)

Yeah, me too. I think about what I would be trying to accomplish and then look to see if anyone's trying to accomplish it but a lot of players go about being scum in a completely different way than I do. There are some protown things I only tend to do when I need some towncred which either means scum or town that has grown tired of the game and wants to be nightkilled but sometimes of course I just do them because somebody needs to the thing. But I noticed he was doing some of those little things I was noticing in the games he linked that he was scum in so that's either null for him or at the very least not a towntell for him.

Little things like how I was coasting on IC stuff for most of day 1 in n1628 at the expense of scumhunting (and I didn't get towncred for it because "oh you're the IC you have to help us with mafia theory" which was baffling because I'd gotten heaps of towncred for it in n1615, even from the actual IC...) Shaddowez does that some in the games he was scum in and he does it here too some, talking to firebringer about how he was being wrong about mafia instead of talking to firebringer about how he was scummy. I know I was doing it too, but something about ratios.

Thus the lie I told without knowing I was telling a lie. The actual reason that I didn't think about the shaddow-bussed thing is because...well. Awkward phrasing here, but. As scum I tend not to bus, so I write into others the tendency of thinking they wouldn't bus...even though I'm the author of an article about needing to stop bussing. So it wasn't until I saw the bus-vote-post that I realized it was the kind of bus-vote I'd have made, and therefore, a point I could raise, because I was still thinking like me rather than thinking like another person.

that actually makes a lot of sense. If you're not the type to drive a wagon on your buddy then you're not going to think of it first thing. I don't really like bussing but I will if I have to, and if I have to then I'll make it count and not be wishywashy about it. Sometimes your buddy is dead in the water and you can't let him drag you down too, though. My first 3 buddies were like that. It sucked.

I haven't hammered yet mostly out of a sense of fairness because I'd want to have a chance to speak my mind in his shoes but I don't think it's particularly likely that I'll change my mind at this point. He can try, though, when he's feeling better, if he does feel better in time. I'm still listening for a couple more days.

--P
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:05 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Grr...inertia sucks.
I'm online and this game coulda been the first thing I did.
Instead it's the last and I'm still having trouble.

I'll figure out how to get through it, though.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:33 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Finally overcoming some of that inertia. Getting started is the hardest part.
In post 977, Rainbow Unicat wrote:
Mastin
suggests policy lynching
ika
(she later claims this was a joke in response to
aristo
saying he doesn't want to pl
ika
).
Claiming it was a joke, btw, is something that I'd think would be a towntell. I mean, my slot so obviously I know, butstill...ika was scum. Thinking about it, if you're ika's scumbuddy and you make a post suggesting a policy lynch on said buddy, only to claim it was a joke later...you're removing any possible towncred you'd get for pushing a wagon.

Heartless
says that
mastin
was overly defensive as town in another game.
I think this counts as a minor town point, too.

Shaddowez
shows up out of nowhere and votes
firebringer
because he hasn’t seen much from him. At that time, it had been 3 hours since
firebringer
last posted, but his ISO had been pretty fluffy up until then. People point out the hypocrisy of a lurker voting a (non)lurker for lurking and
Shaddowez
says “fair enough”.
I never really looked into the timestamps, but I think how Shaddow(slot) posted around then would be indicative, if it was taken back and whatnot or if it was left in spite of the acknowledgment.

Aristo
finally shows up and posts something for real. Says
mastin
doesn’t seem that scummy just a little awkward and backs this up with meta. Fencesits on this read a bit and says he’ll keep an eye on
mastin
. Says that
ika
is posting well and that’s a good sign. Suggests that there’s one scum in the lurkers:
lalendra
firebringer
shaddowez
, and
duppin
. Three of these have flipped town and I’d not expect that to be an all town list.
I'd also say this is an okay point (probably not great) for me being town, but more importantly, the bit about shaddow being scum is dead-on with my own reasoning.

Mastin
admits to taking longer to get her head into the game and having trouble getting early reads.
This isn't necessarily a towntell, but generally, it is a good indicator of a player who has a town mindset.

In post 978, Rainbow Unicat wrote:
Anti
says the
mastina
lynch is suboptimal because it's mainly about being self centered which is more of a humantell than a scumtell in his opinion. He votes
shaddowez
because a lot of people have been scumreading him without voting him (of these people, the only scum is Aristo in , everyone else was town.)

Anti
says he loves that everyone thinks
shaddowez
is scum but nobody's voting him. He later clarifies that it's
Wanderer
Vedith
, and
Aristo
that are scumreading
shaddowez
but not voting him.
This is a very strong point though. Like, really really strong.

The reason I did this exercise was because mastin was at L-2 at the top of this page and her wagon is in the process of falling apart and it's interesting that she's starting a brand new wagon instead of voting her counterwagon (duppin).
While not a rock-solid town indicator (especially the falling-apart bit), this is in fact a minor indication of a town rather than scum mindset.

In post 980, Rainbow Unicat wrote:
Wanderer
votes
shaddowez
because she likes how
Vedith
has been posting lately and doesn't like
shaddowez's
entrance with the way he's going after
fire
I'd be lying if I said this was a strong indicator, but it's a potential reason why wanderer died last night: prior history of scumreading shaddow.

In post 981, Rainbow Unicat wrote:
Wanderer
points out that if
shaddowez
is mislynch bait then why isn't there a wagon and it's true there never was a wagon even though everyone agreed that
shaddowez
predecessor was scummy.
Anti
tried to start one but it never took off.
This one's definitely a valid point, though.

In post 982, Rainbow Unicat wrote:
TTH
figures out that we're softing something but votes
shaddowez
because she doesn't like the
Vedith
wagon composition. At the time, that was
ika
me
mastin
so at least one scum.
I'd say this was a good point, too.

Also, I pretty much know it, but it's not too unreasonable to guess this game that scum were extremely hesitant to put all their eggs in one basket. Their voting is very clearly scattered.

Vedith
was suspicious that
shaddowez
was whiteknighting him and thought his vote on
Firebringer
was weak. He's townreading
mastin
because he thinks her frustrationg about the L-1 wagon was town frustration.
I'd be lying if I said this was a strong point, but it
is
a point. (Vedith was the lynch, right? I mean, if Vedith was the nightkill, it'd be a MAJOR point, but I think Vedith was the lynch.)

by helping push (mastina maybe)
Would also like to point out though that this is a bit of a towntell. If Vedith were town with a townread on my slot, and my slot was scum, pushing Vedith would be bad; my slot would want the ally Vedith would bring.

In post 983, Rainbow Unicat wrote:
Wanderer
wants to lynch
shaddowez
because most of his attack on
mastin
was based on stuff that had already been resolved and because his not reading my ISO was lazy (it's been a couple days since he tried and failed to read our ISO).
Wingback
thinks Vedith is a poor lynch because he claimed VT and that scum should claim mason to draw out the real masons. He votes
shaddowez
and tries to get the wagon going, listing the people who would be interested in the wagon, but he doesn't do much driving and I probably wouldn't have let it go through because I was being stubborn.
This is a pretty strong indicator, though. Again, with shaddow as the last scum, shaddow needs to kill off players who have shown suspicion on the slot, especially the closer lylo comes. Sure, yeah, masons need to die, too, but if the VTs alive all suspected Shaddow, then it wouldn't matter if the masons had died.

In post 985, Rainbow Unicat wrote:
ika
wants to know why we're strong townreading
mastin
(i don't remember that we were except that they weren't
vedith-heartless-wingback
so they must be town.) and said
shaddowez
' posting seemed good.
This is a fairly good indicator, too.

ika when he's buddying will typically be trying to get something out of the buddying.

As in, not furthering a pro-town agenda when doing the buddying.
There's always exceptions, if he's particularly spiteful to a scumbuddy, but otherwise, he puts them in good grace.

In post 991, shaddowez wrote:
Yeah, I don't read on policy when I'm town in case I get nightkilled, but as scum? I may FAKE not reading, but you can be assured that I most certainly would have known better than to off Wingback of all people.
This argument is all full of WIFOM. Anytime you say you would/could do something puts an idea in everybody's heads, and there's no way to prove/disprove what you're saying until flips happen.
I do have an established history of doing this, though. It'd take me a while to find, but I could find a ton of games where I was town replacing in during the night and didn't read, and find at least one or two scum games where I replaced in and did. (There's one time where I didn't, though. That being, Paranoia. I didn't read any of the thread, except isoing my predecessor, thanks to the mechanics of that game and me needing to be
very
careful not to tip my hand and reveal I was the godfather. Instead, I just nightkilled zMuffinman automatically, because zMuffinman is zMuffinman and there's a reason he's on the flowchart, soyeah, he was the best kill.) Then there are scumgames a plenty where I didn't replace in but was so far behind I effectively had, in which during the night phase I did a lot of reading for optimal kills.

It's wifom, yeah, no argument there, but it's an argument I'm making all the same albeit a wifomy metatastic one.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:54 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 997, Rainbow Unicat wrote:
Ika
responds to
Wanderer
's request to engage. He wants her to give thoughts on
shaddowez
lalendra
, and
duppin
. I would not expect this to be an all town list.
Very good point.

In post 997, Rainbow Unicat wrote:
Heartless
starts a new wagon on
Aristophanes
shaddowez
wants to know why.
This is a VERY strong point.

(Fun fact: in an off-site game I just played, there was a wagon going on scum. Every single other scum player in the game had some variant on, "Why them?", and then after reasons were given, "Oh, makes sense" and bussed. I correctly picked up on this and was very disappointed when said reasoning wasn't used after I was promptly nightkilled. We still had a landslide victory, though, because the scum were lynched anyway. But I digress.)

In post 999, Rainbow Unicat wrote:
Wanderer
is townleaning
Mastin
after ISOing her. She thinks scum are likely off the
Vedith
wagon.
Wanderer
thinks
shaddowez
is being defensive.
This probably contributed as well.

In post 1000, Rainbow Unicat wrote:
duppin
shaddowez
some good questions!
I checked, and I very thoroughly agree.

Now that things are coloured in with flips, what I find most interesting is the uneven interactions with
ari/ika
, barely interacting with
ari
but interacting considerably more with
ika
Shaddowez
interacts with those two slots at equal frequency.
ari
interacts with
ika
and
shadowez
but not
mastina
with equal frequency. I find this very interesting.
That's actually a VERY strong scum indicator. Having even interactions is a fairly universal scum strategy--and I think the reason why is that it's a subconscious thing. The interactions may take a different form be it bussing one and townreading the other or townreading both or double-bussing or some variant on null, but in my experience, I HAVE found that scum generally interact with their scumbuddies around equally in frequency, so this is a solid find.

...Of course I have no way of proving this because I think you've stumbled onto something I've subconsciously always known yet never consciously been aware of, meaning it's not something I can link to a past game and give proof of other than maybe the concept of the equal interactions, but I wouldn't even know where to begin; it's just a theory that I as of this moment right here and now have kinda sorta developed a vague outline of.

In post 684, Heartless wrote:Plot, in retrospect it's going to be really obvious, but you're missing something. That's all I'm going to say.
I still want to know what
Heartless
meant by this.
Honestly if I had read the game I probably would be able to tell you, but since I didn't, it'll have to wait. Probably wasn't that important, though.

In post 1001, Rainbow Unicat wrote:
random
is being replaced.
I bring this up because random wasn't replaced until daystart after I sent West the PM. Basically, for me to be scum, ika would have had to have made the nightkill on Heartless without input from a scumbuddy at all.

While this is certainly possible,
Heartless
says
shaddowez
is pinging them. We get another deadline extension.
duppin
pushes on
shaddowez
some.
...This makes the nightkill on Heartless (not to mention, duppin later) make a whole lot more sense with two scumbuddies discussing it.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:11 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1003, Rainbow Unicat wrote:
TTH
agrees with
anti
that
shaddowez
is freaking her out and unvotes
Aristo
after his wall.
And, again, I find this no coincidence.

Anti
expands on what's wrong with
shaddowez
in : his case on
aris
doesn't make sense given his
duppin
scumread, his tendency to join soft-target wagons (
random
aris
),
tth
's first impression of
donot
was that he was scum.
Not sure how I missed a point this strong, but, uh, yeah. That's why Heartless died.

In post 1005, Rainbow Unicat wrote:Have you read more of the game by now, mastin?
Honestly don't really know how much of the game I've read, given how bad my memory is, but the answer is: basically nil. I've done isoes here and there, and clearly missed stuff as a result, but otherwise, not much. I replaced in and saw my town PM and basically thought, easy town win. So I figured reading the whole game wasn't even a necessity. Once daybreak hit, I just watched to confirm who the masons were/weren't, what people were saying, their analysis, and tried to find the last scum from there.

In post 1008, Rainbow Unicat wrote:
Wingback
is townreading
mastin
's slot.
And, again, this is vital given Wingback was nightkilled.

Why would I have nightkilled someone townreading me if I was scum?

It acts in violation of every rule I have in my scumgame.

Heartless
and
Wingback
were both townreading
mastin
's slot and scumleaning
shaddowez
's slot at the time of their deaths. For the
wingback
kill that doesn't mean much for
mastin
because she would have been aiming for a mason, not worrying about who was reading her any which way.
But it does matter for the Heartless kill, even if you assume the Wingback kill was
somehow
me doing mason-hunting.

That is at the end of the day before he was killed, he was speculating the scumteam was
ika
/
lalendra
, was still scumleaning
wanderer
, was townreading
mastina
, was townreading
me
and
duppin
and had figured out that we were masons, was scumleaning
shaddowez
, and may have still been scumleaning
firebringer
Keep in mind: scum may have been hunting masons, but with a choice of three masons to kill, you want to kill the most competent of the masons first, then the second-most-competent, and then the least-competent last if at all.

So if the Wingback kill was mason-hunting, they were still killing the 'mason' they felt was most competent. (This is also true of Heartless: if killed for competency, most-competent. If killed for mason-suspicion, it's most competent of their mason suspicions.) So the scumlean on shaddow and townread on my slot is very, very vital.

According to her checklist that's a towntell for her.
Normally yes, and I've done it elsewhere in the game where it was, sure, but that particular line is something I more or less was going to say even if I drew scum.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:30 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1023, Rainbow Unicat wrote:you thought it was shaddowez though. but i could have pointed to plenty of stuff like how none of us ever voted each other not even in rvs and how whenever wanderer made a towncase for one lacklustre buddy she made a towncase for the other at the same time.
Exactly.

see, I don't really know what delusions of grandeur means when you say it, but like I too also thought it was mostly POE by then, so it didn't feel like a delusion since I was sharing it.
You know, I sat here thinking, "Pfft, defining delusions of grandeur is going to be ridiculously easy, I have them all the time so I can explain the concept crystal-clearly".

...About that. :P
(Yeah, uh. Not so much.)

I guess you can kinda sorta define it as being "shows signs of arrogance in reads that comes from little basis"? That's kinda a sucky definition, though.

I think my trouble with questions like this is that I tend to see you as deluded, because often I feel like we're kind of on the same wavelength and even if I'm not really ready to trust you fully because I know you're capable of fooling me, I don't see you as deluded or someone to be dismissed.
You can always ask shaddow!
Or for that matter, ask Bella to stop slacking off. :P

You seem to either be approaching the checklist as if instead of "Proceed" it said "Mastina is obvscum" or expecting me to do so.
Sorry if it came off that way to you. Not my intent. I was actually just going through them for the sake of doing commentary. Like, I felt like some of the things could be talked about, even if they were often me just going on about technicalities and things that I pretty much figured you weren't really holding against me, just things that I thought I might as well talk about just in case they were important to talk about, if that makes sense.

I was interpretting this one more as "not applicable".
Pretty much. That I was trying to soft-claim mason to draw the nightkill was really me pointing out a technicality. (See above.)

I wasn't counting this against you and have been treating it as null because I think what I'm picking up on isn't anything to do with the game state or your alignment in it.
Yeah, but I was wondering what caused it all the same.

Aristoika has been dead since you subbed in so you don't have any buddies to resist your lynch, which is partially what I thought this question was about.
Fair point. The point does take into consideration buddies, though there is that layer of natural mastina manipulation that makes it not entirely irrelevant, that being, as scum I'm capable of making people think I'm less scum than I am, and as town I tend to make people think I'm more scum than I am, thus the more resistance there is to my lynch, the more likely I am to have manipulated events to create that.

And, it's getting late now, but I'll see about the game links I want to get about tomorrow.
I can do the town links tonight, but the scum links I wanted to show will take more time to gather.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:42 pm

Post by mastin2 »

So This was Sexy Sedilla. (My reads there were pretty sad. :facepalm:)

I link to the day before lylo, because that's when I initiated a 1v1...in which the other player was town.

This was me coming out of that. I was fully expecting to lose right then and there.
Reading in hindsight, that game actually had some eerie similarities, what with me sort-of thinking the last scum was the player who ended up being nightkilled. (I had forgotten about that! Which makes my reads that game even more hilariously bad!)

This is my iso in Serums and Steel. A bit of a long read, but worth it to see the hopelessness I felt over the entire game. You can see me interacting with zMuffinman as early as 233 (iso 9), and that continued the whole game. It wasn't very pleasant.

Soyeah, those are town hopelessness games. Very, very rare, but existing all the same. (There might be more out there somewhere, I just don't remember them.)
My academy.
Agnigi
Rainbow Unicat
Rainbow Unicat
Goon
Rainbow Unicat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:39 pm

Post by Rainbow Unicat »

@Mod: shaddowez is due for a prod

ok mastina. I am so fucking over this game and I don't really see a world in which I don't hammer shaddowez. It's 19 hours until the deadline and I'm pretty sure you're town. Really the only thing I've been waiting for was to give him a chance to defend himself if he was going to and I know it sucks losing a scumgame because offline stuff beyond your control. I think it is fair to let him have a chance to speak even though it is unlikely to do him much good.

Anyway, your interpretation of my walls was really appreciated, and it matches the stances I felt I was taking in them...people usually accuse me of IIoA when I do walls like that but I am too taking stances, damnit!

I went and looked about the "even interactions" thing, and the only games i've played that had scumteams greater than 2 people were tropical volcano mafia in we didn't playtest this (they had that pattern! vyse's interactions with bbmolla and vonflare were about equal. vonflare and bbmolla both interacted with each other more than with vyse but that was because vyse died so early. they were about equal at the time of vyse's death.) and butterfly but i was scum there. massive interacted with us about equally, hiplop died before i had the chance to do numbers for him.

I read your ISOs in those games. Thanks for linking them.

<3

I'll hammer shaddowez in about 12 hours.

--P
Rainbow Unicat
Rainbow Unicat
Goon
Rainbow Unicat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:24 am

Post by Rainbow Unicat »

I'm done. Thanks mastina for engaging with me this LYLO. I know LYLO sucks and it's hard and I know I'm long winded. I'm sorry to the town if I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

I am, however, sorry for my behaviour in this game and sorry for the feelings I hurt and the toes I stepped on and for not working well together with the town, and to everyone I offended and everyone I called a bad player, I'm especially sorry. It's not you, it's me.

VOTE: Shaddowez

--P
West9
West9
Goon
West9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:55 am

Post by West9 »

Vote Count Game.Final
shadowez
[2] - mastin2, Rainbow Unicat
[LYNCH]

mastin2
[1] - shaddowez

shaddowez has been lynched! He was a
Mafia Goon
!

Town Wins!!

Rainbow Unicat,
Town Mason
, survived.
mastin2,
Vanilla Townie
, survived.
West9
West9
Goon
West9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:59 am

Post by West9 »

Mason PT
Mafia PT
Dead Thread

Thanks for playing, and thanks to replacements especially.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:01 am

Post by Vedith »

Thanks for the game all. :)
I claim scum \o/
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:01 am

Post by Plotinus »

Thanks for modding, West.

Hey Vedith, I'm sorry about day 1. It wasn't you. You're a fine player.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:05 am

Post by Vedith »

It's cool :P
This was my first game out of newbie (I think). Don't expect me to be any better in future games though. :cool:
I claim scum \o/
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:06 am

Post by Aristophanes »

*Note to self*
If you enter a game with Heartless, regardless of your alignments, you will lose.

That said, always fun playing with you. :)

RBU hydra, nice choice. You win.
I thought we had this one! So close!
Your Lylo analysis was far too good though.

Shadow, man did you put up a fight! I really thought you did a fantastic job!

Masons, GG.
I had no clue TheCow/Duppin was one!
Had I lived one more day, I can assure you Wanderer and RBU would have been pushed as NKs.

Also, sorry for proddogging so much. It really was not my intention.
(I seem to say this at the end of every game. I really have to work on that.)
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:21 am

Post by Plotinus »

I think you would have done okay if you'd been more active, Ari. I was townreading the posts you were writing when you were around but it seems like you lost momentum for this game. That's happened to me too in a few games. It'll be fun to play with you again!

I thought shaddowez did really well, but not being able to be an active participant in LYLO really hurt him even though I knew it was offline stuff. But also, mastina and I know each other so it was a little easier for me to read her because I've played with her before and a little easier for her to read me too.

I'm glad I was able to get there in the end, and I'm sorry for dragging it out to the deadline; I'd been wrong so many times this game I needed to work extra hard to make sure I could be right when it counted.

Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:36 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Ari, I think you are fab and I'd like to play with you again.

Heartless, ILU. Re-reading you and Wingback was the best decision I made all game.

Varian, those initial reads in the dead thread <3. You are awesome.

Well done Mastin. Shaddows, you had us for a while :P

Plot. Plot. I love you. Thank you for carrying the load, scaring scum with walls, and chatting to me always. Well done, babycat.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:37 am

Post by Plotinus »

Firebringer, I'm sorry that I was mean to you. I think I really crossed the line with some of the comments I made when I was angry and I wish I could take them back. You're not a bad player. What you did hurt our chances somewhat, but you're not a bad person for it.

Heartless, a part of why I was tunnelling you guys early on is because I was scum in mini 1704 and it felt like you were playing differently there, your case on me there when you thought I was scum was a lot more nuanced and elaborate and so many times I wanted to ask you "why aren't you playing like in the game you're town in" but of course the ongoing games rule and not wanting to let on that I knew you were town there. It's funny that you were town in both. I think I'll probably be less tunnelly the next time we play together and I liked playing with both of you.

duppin, it was nice meeting you! I wish we'd got to talk more.

ika <3 thanks for telling the mafia we weren't masons!

Lalendra, I'm sorry I was so hard on you. Looking back in LYLO with hindsight it was pretty clear that you were town. You did the best you could in a tough situation and I should have looked past the surfaces and trusted you to be town.

mastin, thanks for putting up with me in LYLO and for talking with me and listening to me and chatting with me. I know it mustn't have been fun for you but it's what i needed and it helped.

Pers, I'm still sad that you siteflaked. :(

Varian- you're a really good player, wow. Your reads were spot on and you were very pleasant. I want to play with you again. <3

Wanderer, it was nice being town together again with you. Thanks for putting up with all my moping in the mason PT. I hope to play with you again sometime!

Wingback, I'm sorry for the TvT, being a mason did weird things to my head. I did spectate the game that you were scum in recently and I didn't really spot much difference in your play; you're a good player.

Bellabellabella hydraing with you was great but we really need to draw scum with this hydra sometime it hurt drawing town twice in a row. Thanks for putting up with me. <3

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:43 am

Post by Plotinus »

I'm just glad i remembered how to be town in time for LYLO. took me long enough. :)

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:48 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Wow, I can't believe we won.

I totally would have lynched Mastin lol
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:13 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 1046, Plotinus wrote:Heartless, a part of why I was tunnelling you guys early on is because I was scum in mini 1704 and it felt like you were playing differently there, your case on me there when you thought I was scum was a lot more nuanced and elaborate and so many times I wanted to ask you "why aren't you playing like in the game you're town in" but of course the ongoing games rule and not wanting to let on that I knew you were town there. It's funny that you were town in both. I think I'll probably be less tunnelly the next time we play together and I liked playing with both of you.

A big part of that was probably that we were a lot deeper into the game in Butterfly, ding dong. XP

Good job, everyone!
Sorry I kind of pooped out on this one Anti, but at least you had good reads.

Return to “Completed Open Games”