Open 611 - Making Friends and Enemies (Game Over!)

Warped
Warped
Goon
Warped
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:01 pm

Post by Warped »

In post 1099, Alchemist21 wrote:Wow, you really have faith in Titus despite your earlier post.

You said it yourself, she was waiting for the crossvote.

You and Titus?
Warped
Warped
Goon
Warped
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:02 pm

Post by Warped »

Luna Fox played well then.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:04 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

You don't think it was odd that I was at L-1, then she replaced in, parroted my reads, then pushed the CW?

Of course, it's also odd that I was softscumreading Expedience the whole time.

And also I never interacted with Gray.

Oh, but who is the answer? :twisted:
Warped
Warped
Goon
Warped
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:07 pm

Post by Warped »

It has to be you and Gray because if it was either Exp or Titus, they'd have hammered Gray.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:11 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

(I know I'm being kind of a prick right now but understand that this is my first scum win in over a year of being onsite and I'm just really excited and ecstatic right now.)

p-edit: Yeah. It was us. Lol. I'm ok with saying it since that's hard logic to argue againt, and also because we've won unless some BS technicality makes us lose. Friendly reminder for the Dead to stay Dead until BBT ends the game.
Warped
Warped
Goon
Warped
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:12 pm

Post by Warped »

You played well.
Warped
Warped
Goon
Warped
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:13 pm

Post by Warped »

If we lynched Gray, I assume you'd have taken me to 3P with Exp to attempt to get us to crossvote?
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:14 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

Definitely. I was honestly hoping you would have gone for expedience first. It seemed like you were going to until he left for 5 days.
Warped
Warped
Goon
Warped
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:18 pm

Post by Warped »

I still did have my suspicions of Exp but the tipping point for me was my belief that Gray's entire pattern for this game was that he never seemed invested or cared about scumhunting. His play in other past games looked like he was passionate and invested. His activity level always was higher in other present games. I understood that he had a daughter born but that's the sort of thing that should cause a sitewide decrease in activity, not just here. He just seemed more clearly scum to me than Exp who just seemed to be playing a good scumgame. Ultimately, that's what tipped the scales.

Don't know why Exp was townreading him though.
Warped
Warped
Goon
Warped
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:22 pm

Post by Warped »

I doubt town would have won this one. Gray had Exp convinced. You had me convinced. Titus was only interested in sitting back and solving for "logical pairs" which would have 100% resulted in a town lynch either today or tomorrow. I think my mistake was in lynching City and not sticking with my Vedith townread. But scorpious looked town as well and I have no idea why he got lynched. Antihero kept the game on track. Once he died, it sort of fell apart.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:22 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

The one thing I'm still not sure about is the City lynch. I get she had some associatives with Fire, but the strength of the reasoning seemed too flimsy to warrant the quicklynch it got. Maybe it's just harder to see from the scum side of things.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:23 pm

Post by Titus »

Fing really... god damn it

I literally just got my beer.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
GrayFoxxxx
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
GrayFoxxxx
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:24 pm

Post by GrayFoxxxx »

In post 1108, Warped wrote:I still did have my suspicions of Exp but the tipping point for me was my belief that Gray's entire pattern for this game was that he never seemed invested or cared about scumhunting. His play in other past games looked like he was passionate and invested. His activity level always was higher in other present games. I understood that he had a daughter born but that's the sort of thing that should cause a sitewide decrease in activity, not just here. He just seemed more clearly scum to me than Exp who just seemed to be playing a good scumgame. Ultimately, that's what tipped the scales.

it was site wide...

Im pretty sure I scum hunted enough to cause a few mislynches. Meh Idk i think i did good for my first scum game.
-Neither enemy nor friend.
Warped
Warped
Goon
Warped
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:25 pm

Post by Warped »

Mostly, it came from people hotly debating Vedith vs City and sort of setting up a dichotomy. Once Vedith got lynched, everyone that was on that lynch and still suspected City must have felt really terrible for switching so got the pitchforks out on City. That City lurked and never defended herself accelerated that process.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:25 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 1112, GrayFoxxxx wrote:
In post 1108, Warped wrote:I still did have my suspicions of Exp but the tipping point for me was my belief that Gray's entire pattern for this game was that he never seemed invested or cared about scumhunting. His play in other past games looked like he was passionate and invested. His activity level always was higher in other present games. I understood that he had a daughter born but that's the sort of thing that should cause a sitewide decrease in activity, not just here. He just seemed more clearly scum to me than Exp who just seemed to be playing a good scumgame. Ultimately, that's what tipped the scales.

it was site wide...

Im pretty sure I scum hunted enough to cause a few mislynches. Meh Idk i think i did good for my first scum game.

You did really well, especially when the activity meta was brought up the first time and you managed to talk everyone into disregarding it.
Warped
Warped
Goon
Warped
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:26 pm

Post by Warped »

In post 1112, GrayFoxxxx wrote:

it was site wide...

You did good. I latched onto you at one point during D2 but your case on Vedith looked good and other people looked scummier. GM's analysis on your case was pretty accurate as well.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:27 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 1111, Titus wrote:Fing really... god damn it

Just curious, which pair were you leaning towards before?
Warped
Warped
Goon
Warped
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:30 pm

Post by Warped »

Alch's bus on Fire was good and it looked really natural as well. I did a few double takes but Anti's reasoning was solid and I could easily see town going along with that.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:32 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1116, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 1111, Titus wrote:Fing really... god damn it

Just curious, which pair were you leaning towards before?

Whichever heartless said was scummier.

VCA would decide but his opinion would have had sway.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:33 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1106, Warped wrote:If we lynched Gray, I assume you'd have taken me to 3P with Exp to attempt to get us to crossvote?

In post 1107, Alchemist21 wrote:Definitely. I was honestly hoping you would have gone for expedience first. It seemed like you were going to until he left for 5 days.

This is why if you have someone confirmed town in lylo. They vote last. The game is nearly solved at that point or scum bus.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Warped
Warped
Goon
Warped
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:34 pm

Post by Warped »

I believe TellTale made a case on Expedience but after that I think Antihero's most solid townreads were me and Expedience with him just suspecting GrayFoxxx towards the end.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:35 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

I kinda feel bad about bussing Fire because I like him, it was D1, and he wanted to talk strategy in the pregame which I totally would have done if I had known.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:36 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1102, Alchemist21 wrote:You don't think it was odd that I was at L-1, then she replaced in, parroted my reads, then pushed the CW?

Of course, it's also odd that I was softscumreading Expedience the whole time.

And also I never interacted with Gray.

Oh, but who is the answer? :twisted:

I wasn't parroting you but congrats.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Warped
Warped
Goon
Warped
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:37 pm

Post by Warped »

In post 1112, GrayFoxxxx wrote:it was site wide...

Scum always say this but sitewide activity is the single most accurate scumtell ever in the history of mafia. Both you and Alch were absent at specific times during the game. Alch ignored the City lynch and came back the next day and told us how bad it was. So, when people like Vedith go "nooo, activity level is non-alignment indicative, I just think they're missing out."
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:38 pm

Post by Expedience »

Well yeah. I was pretty convinced that it was going to be Alchemist / Warped, nice work scum on getting themselves on both sides of the divide.

Return to “Completed Open Games”