Open 623 (White Flag) - A Moment in Time (Over)

SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2200 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:11 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 2198, Viva La Gloria wrote:I was pushing Titus this game for solely strategic reasons.

This makes so much sense in retrospect knowing who you actually are. But I didn't until Titus was dead.
KickAssAndGiggle
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2201 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:14 am

Post by KickAssAndGiggle »

Flavor was great! :)

Setup is brutal for town.

But that doesn't excuse me for being shit. Sorry for my contribution to the loss town. :(
It's OK if you disagree with me. I can't
force
you to be right...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2202 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:14 am

Post by Something_Smart »

asdfghjkl;
I was god-awful this game. I listed five scumreads (out of 12 people) in the dead thread right after I died. THEY WERE ALL TOWN. GAAAAAAAAAAH :mad:
gg though. wp scum.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2203 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:17 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

(I wanted Titus alive in LYLO so my habit of not voting could mess with her VCA in a game where it would actually help me with my win con by doing so.)

:D

pedit:

KAAG: I felt really bad killing you right after you had dumped a buncha time into catching up with the game. And yeah. I don't have much more to say beyond that. :p
KickAssAndGiggle
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2204 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:20 am

I'll translate for you:

"Sorry you were so useless KAAG"

Fair comment. ;)
force
you to be right...
TheCow
TheCow
Goon
TheCow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2205 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:22 am

Post by TheCow »

zzz
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2206 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:22 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Lol NO. It's just that replacing into a game is an extremely generous thing to do, and you put in a bunch of work to get caught up with the game and be able to help, and then sniped. :(

(It would have been nice if you had stayed around though cause you were townreading me all hardcore and stuff to start) :D

pedit: thecow, you make me sad.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2207 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:22 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 2206, Cerberus v666 wrote:
pedit: thecow, you make me sad.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2208 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:47 am

Post by SirCakez »

Just
*sigh*
Maybe I'll be good at town someday qq
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2209 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:51 am

Post by droog »

I think that Droog is likely the most dangerous townie alive and thus a good target for a night kill.

this game was before my week in the ICU
so i really dont remember any of it
but ill take this as a win
"...probably the worst player I have had the pleasure of playing with in the last ten years..."
"i dislike this guy immensely"
"the worst townie that ever I have ever had the misfortune to play with, by a long shot"
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2210 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:51 am

Post by droog »

good game guys
gratz to scum
thanks for hosting drixx
look forward to your future games
"...probably the worst player I have had the pleasure of playing with in the last ten years..."
"i dislike this guy immensely"
"the worst townie that ever I have ever had the misfortune to play with, by a long shot"
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2211 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:23 pm

Post by Drixx »

My next game will probably be a newbie game. I've got a mini themed game about in shape for review based upon a pretty bad Robert DeNiro and John Cusack movie, but should be fun.

After that I will be running a pretty complex large themed game based upon
The Dark Tower
series by Stephen King, and you're all invited to play that one. It will be pretty heavy on flavor and story and as long as I don't screw anything up, it should be a riot to play. After that one, the next game I've got (just starting with ideas) in mind will be a Large Themed based upon the Television Series Babylon 5.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2212 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:33 pm

Post by Extrapolated Eagle »

Wow scum played a great game. Viva that is the most frustrating thing I have ever gone through, arguing with you over Titus' alignment and the "apology" bit made me pace my house for hours. I was so tempted to try to lynch her just to get you to back off and rub it in your face.

I've been thinking about this since it feels like someone gets deathtunneled every game and it often results in town deaths. So I've been thinking that maybe we should have lynched Titus on d2 just to make viva shut up and then idk. Thoughts on this?
"@EE
:roll: Aside from that entire post being annoying as fuck, your scumread on me makes no sense." -Elyse (scum)
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2213 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:41 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Lynching deathtunnelers might be better imo. Deathtunneling is almost always antitown, as seen here.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2214 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:41 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Like I said during the game it looked town-aligned but now obviously I realize it wasn't so yeah.
KickAssAndGiggle
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
KickAssAndGiggle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2215 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:46 pm

Yep, in hindsight, one of Viva or Titus had to die D2.

And to give Titus her dues, she did say this.
force
you to be right...
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2216 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:51 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Deathtunneling is anti-town but NAI behavior. As I said in this game, viva did it to me as town in another game, so yeah. It's a playstyle quirk more than anything else in my experience.

It is *healthy* for the game to resolve those 1v1's as cleanly and quickly as possible though, either through lynching one of the parties or, in a game with PR's, investigating people so the whole thread isn't just dominated by that one conversation, and nothing else happens. The risk there though is that if you guess wrong...it's quite easy to just chain mislynches based off one person being wrong.

SS: You said a nice thing about me in the dead thread. Why did you say that nice thing? I'd like to know what you found, umm, impressive, I guess, about my play this game? So I can keep doing it. :P
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2217 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:55 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Oh! And there was a conversation about scumslips that happened in the dead thread too!

Yes, scumslips are almost always nothing more than typos, and people just blow them way out of proportion, and end up with super fast lynches on town for basically no reason at all.

The only true "scumslip" imo is exposure of information one shouldn't have as a town slot with the role you've claimed. If the circumstances of the game leave no reason expressed in thread about why you would know something, and you say that thing with absolute certainty, expressing it as a fact of the setup/what actions have taken, and not as speculation, you've exposed the primary difference between town and scum: You are informed.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2218 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:59 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 2212, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:Wow scum played a great game. Viva that is the most frustrating thing I have ever gone through, arguing with you over Titus' alignment and the "apology" bit made me pace my house for hours. I was so tempted to try to lynch her just to get you to back off and rub it in your face.

I've been thinking about this since it feels like someone gets deathtunneled every game and it often results in town deaths. So I've been thinking that maybe we should have lynched Titus on d2 just to make viva shut up and then idk. Thoughts on this?

I was actually sorry.
I'm unhappy that she says she would have replaced out if she'd known but when Titus is involved I get way more visceral than I otherwise would.
For the record, I would have absolutely known she was town in this game.
I feel like in her dead thread post she still thought that I had been town and my scumflip should hopefully give her a new perspective on my actions in this game.
Apparently she disagrees but bar 22 where I went pretty whack I am usually extremely reluctant to push on her because even when she's scum she ties herself hard to her partners, so by knocking one down it makes it a ton easier to sort her (ie 1750.)

I forced the 1v1 because I didn't like the idea of the EE/Sircakez/Titus townbloc and I thought by pushing to discredit and/or lynch Titus I had the twin benefits of having a clear direction to focus my game activity to make me look town and I was able to ebb and flow my focus on it to not actually lynch her, unlike with Cakez who would have probably gotten autolynched if I had tunneled him to half that extent, allowing me to stay off bandwagons while looking productive and also to allow me, if one of my scumpartners got threatened, to significantly ramp up the push and actually make a real case. The day before LyLo when I intended to have her lynched you'll notice the casing and such started happening; I didn't actually want her to get lynched until that day. It was a huge distraction and it prevented the people who were on the right track from getting any leverage over town while propelling myself (who was scum) and AlwaysInnocent (who while he had good instincts on the other scum besides me had a misplaced townread on me) to town leader positions. I actually worked very hard to hype up AI as town because I figured that he would prevent me from receiving a backlash if I was forced to quickvote a town in LyLo to force a 1v1.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2219 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:15 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Scum played pretty well.
Thought SirCakez and Titus were scum and my highest town read was scum. Followed by another scum.
Suprised scum even bothered to lynch me with my terrible reads.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #2220 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:31 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 2219, Firebringer wrote:Scum played pretty well.
Thought SirCakez and Titus were scum and my highest town read was scum. Followed by another scum.
Suprised scum even bothered to lynch me with my terrible reads.

Opportunism, more than anything else FB.

You called me mean during the game. :( Was that a reference to UNIMUM, or something else? And were you serious? Because I don't want to have a negative relationship with anyone in all honesty. :-/
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2221 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:32 pm

Post by Ranger »

ARGuoiadjf9riajgipo;asfjgpga;iofj9moreantiheroesquekeyboardsmashing.
;_;

I did try. I knew it was a risk voting SirCakez, but I didn't see me voting any other player because I couldn't see the nightkills pointing to anyone else and I couldn't see the voting patterns telling me anything else and such but...GAH. That's all on me. :(

Cerberus v666 wrote:Ranger: You fucking terrify me now. You had 2/3 of us down, and we just got lucky that you pushed the wrong one.
It's of little comfort. The Karnage misread hurts me a lot, since that's a read I wasn't as absolute about. I was never voting TheCow, ever. But I had read Yonom, I had read Karnage, and the only concern I had about Karnage was in what content he gave, so I even did research and put my fears to rest, yet it was
all wrong
, the content was scum when I thought it wasn't. :/

Of course, it's not as egregious as the aforementioned SirCakez misread.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2222 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:33 pm

Post by Extrapolated Eagle »

Yeah I Knew it was a distraction and that's why I kept yelling at you to shut up about it. Ugh. That's so frustrating. I think you owe us all an apology ;)
"@EE
:roll: Aside from that entire post being annoying as fuck, your scumread on me makes no sense." -Elyse (scum)
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #2223 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:38 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I'm sowwy for being a scumbutt.

I really don't like playing scum. zz.

It's fine early on but actually winning the game makes me feel sad because I know how bad I feel when I lose as town.

Urgh.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2224 (ISO) » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:39 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Yeah I always feel bad when I win as scum but I think I'm much better at it then town so I prefer it.
Which is unfortunate qq

Return to “Completed Open Games”