pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:33 am

Post by pisskop »

They do, by setup elimination.

They had all the information to figure out what setup they were in in pregame, when they got their roles.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:33 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1674, davesaz wrote:
In post 1666, pisskop wrote:I think I mentioned somewhere that I dont think enough players come into multiball really ready to wifom through it.

Did the setup seem balanced, or otherwise okay?

I disagreed with the ability of scum to use their own action plus the NK, when a partner exists to do the NK. Both teams seem to have identified the potential to nerf the tracker (and to a lesser extent JK) by having both actions submitted by the same player.

For this specific setup, I'm not sure about the balance of having two full RB's. It seems to leave town vulnerable, though maybe I'm thinking swing more than balance. Or maybe it just feels that way because so many roles got outed early.

A two wolf team knows for sure it's multiball, but do mafia also know? That could give wolves an advantage.

I'd assume they would based on the setup combinations.

Two full RBs is incredibly balanced but the cop being obvious so early just made the RB actions predictable.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:41 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1676, Titus wrote:
In post 1666, pisskop wrote:I think I mentioned somewhere that I dont think enough players come into multiball really ready to wifom through it.

I disagreed with the ability of scum to use their own action plus the NK, when a partner exists to do the NK. Both teams seem to have identified the potential to nerf the tracker (and to a lesser extent JK) by having both actions submitted by the same player.

For this specific setup, I'm not sure about the balance of having two full RB's. It seems to leave town vulnerable, though maybe I'm thinking swing more than balance. Or maybe it just feels that way because so many roles got outed early.

A two wolf team knows for sure it's multiball, but do mafia also know? That could give wolves an advantage.

Two full RBs is incredibly balanced but the cop being obvious so early just made the RB actions predictable.

Yeah it wasn't particularly great that we had essentially 3 PRs outed day 1.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:56 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1677, acryon wrote:
In post 1676, Titus wrote:

Yeah it wasn't particularly great that we had essentially 3 PRs outed day 1.

It was from my perspective. But then again managed chaos is the name of the game for Scum!Titus
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:57 am

Post by Titus »

Once the cops were a limited problem, the solution became eliminating those who would lynch us.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:02 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

:cry:
deranged and incoherent
?
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:07 am

Post by Titus »

Was that really you posting when I thought it was RC Rask? If so, I'm sorry. :$
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:48 am

Post by Ranger »

I can't believe people didn't call me out on my BC interaction. I kept them in a position where I never needed to vote them: defending them when it was within reason to defend them, and when the tides turned against them for scummy content which was undeniably scummy (even if not impossible from town), scumreading them lightly without actually pushing them.

To be fair, I was legitimately scumhunting. I thought acryon was scum up until KainTepes flipped. I thought Kop was legitimately scum prior to that. (Not to mention, thinking chilledtea was scum until chilledtea claimed tracker; I thought Xtoxm was the tracker, or failing that, KainTepes.) Totally BSed my Almost50 read (and Almost50 actually correctly picked up on my scumtell: no listing!), but other than that I was being honest, so I suppose that helped. Being scum in multiball allows for a lot of similarity to my town game.

Titus wrote:Oh release mafia pt
Yeah, you have my authorization too.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
Game History
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:50 am

Post by pisskop »

beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:51 am

Post by KainTepes »

i KNEW BURNING CRYSTAL was bad!!!!!

VOTE: BURNING CRYSTAL
I AM KAIN TEPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I am afraid of SAYING HIS NAME!!!!" - Toto

"why be a better mafia player, when you can be a better KAIN TEPES???" - Vi
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:43 pm

Post by Titus »

I want to see your PT KT. :)
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:23 pm

Post by pisskop »

kain, do you consent to release your pt?
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:11 pm

Post by Aneninen »

As for the Setup.

Pisskop, I've been thinking. As I said, this Setup is very close to the one I designed (Matrix–14), although it seems to be based upon different things.
Doubling-up PRs in the table would result that the Setup could be solved later. Once a town-PR gets forced to out (just like in this game), things will be much easier for any scum faction(s). Unless it's Setup6 with 5 town-PRs: I don't think the scumteam could ever win that after a Day1 massclaim. (3 and 5 would be tricky, too). This is a common thing which could be improved.

Others too pointed it out that the Roleblocker being able to Block and Nightkill at the same time literally turns off a town-PR.

Almost every Setup has more than one Anti-Town faction, which makes the games very swingy. If any scum factions gets a good start at Day1, the Setup is pretty unforgiving for the town. And once some PRs are outed, the chance for a crosskill drops significantly... However, if a scum faction gets into trouble too early in a town-PR-heavy Setup, it's the opposite.

Maybe Daytalk is a thing which could be tinkered with. What if scum factions get Daytalk for ONE selected Day only?
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:11 pm

Post by Aneninen »

More thoughts later.
KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:41 pm

Post by KainTepes »

YES I CONSENT.....!! but there is nothing INTERESTING........
I AM KAIN TEPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I am afraid of SAYING HIS NAME!!!!" - Toto

"why be a better mafia player, when you can be a better KAIN TEPES???" - Vi
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:52 am

Post by chilledtea »

Mafia PT?
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:57 am

Post by pisskop »

tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:33 am

Post by tn5421 »

I feel really bad for KainTepes now, having read the Mafia PT.
WIP
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:34 am

Post by pisskop »

Kain has potential
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:33 am

Post by acryon »

Eh I can't help but disagree. His playstyle, town or scum, makes the game less enjoyable for everyone in town. There are a million ways to play the game that don't have that effect on town. Maybe I'm a bit of a purist, but I don't like the idea of leading people astray based on something other than words.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:09 pm

Post by Kop »

Good game werewolves.

I started to work out Xtom but I think it was too late.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:32 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1687, Aneninen wrote:As for the Setup.

Pisskop, I've been thinking. As I said, this Setup is very close to the one I designed (Matrix–14), although it seems to be based upon different things.
Doubling-up PRs in the table would result that the Setup could be solved later. Once a town-PR gets forced to out (just like in this game), things will be much easier for any scum faction(s). Unless it's Setup6 with 5 town-PRs: I don't think the scumteam could ever win that after a Day1 massclaim. (3 and 5 would be tricky, too). This is a common thing which could be improved.

Others too pointed it out that the Roleblocker being able to Block and Nightkill at the same time literally turns off a town-PR.

Almost every Setup has more than one Anti-Town faction, which makes the games very swingy. If any scum factions gets a good start at Day1, the Setup is pretty unforgiving for the town. And once some PRs are outed, the chance for a crosskill drops significantly... However, if a scum faction gets into trouble too early in a town-PR-heavy Setup, it's the opposite.

Maybe Daytalk is a thing which could be tinkered with. What if scum factions get Daytalk for ONE selected Day only?

I've been thinking about this with a few drinks in, but I'm thinking an encryptor role might be better.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:42 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Hey guys, I thought I'd just drop by to say
fuck multiball
(and game changing night action errors)
deranged and incoherent
?
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Sun May 01, 2016 10:21 am

Post by Ranger »

Increasingly my opinion, yes. (Ironic since I really want to run a multiball setup.)
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
Game History
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades