Armageddon
Armageddon
Goon
Armageddon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1975 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2016 1:32 am

Post by Armageddon »

Ok, so first things first, explaning the mod error.

Firstly, you should know that town was not (technically) missing a PR. The setup for this game was CCDVTTT

1 cop
Doctor
1-Shot vig
Mafia goon x2, Mafia Roleblocker
Serial killer

As you can probably guess, my mistake was for some reason (probably a momentary lapse in concentration) I accidentally gave the cop 1-shot cop instead of full cop (essentially making the Setup CDVTTT, missing out the second C). I apologize to all players as that could have made the difference between town winning or not, I will admit that when I realized the error I was in two minds whether that was a game ending mistake or not, however due to the length of the game at that point and after consulting with Llama, it was decided to continue the game.

Finally, thank you all for playing, and putting up with the insane number of replacements this game was plagued with.

Links to topics -

Scum thread - http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=65646
Dead thread - http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p7764324

Edit: Corrected setup (Said 1-shot doc instead of full doc)
Last edited by Armageddon on Sun May 29, 2016 2:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2016 1:36 am

Post by Nahdia »

aaah :\

that is unfortunate. I foolishly elected to not roleblock the cop the day after he claimed bc we had roleblocked him the day before and I figured he couldn't really have that result so he might not really be a cop. in retrospect that was a really foolhardy decision but it worked out since the cop was 1-shot. did roleblock the cop the next night though just in case.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Armageddon
Armageddon
Goon
Armageddon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2016 1:45 am

Post by Armageddon »

The night actions for all the nights were -

Night 1 -
Kop Roleblocks Pisskop
Pisskop investigates Something_Smart - Recieves No result due to roleblock.
Reubus Swagrid shoots ɀefiend
Nahdia kills Reubus Swagrid
Ranger protects GoodNightMsGreen

Night 2 -
Kop roleblocks Masquerade
Nahdia kills GoodNightMsGreen - Kill fails

Night 3 -
Kop roleblocks Pisskop
Nahdia kills Ranger

Rest of the nights you know as they only contain mafia kills.

Oh and while I'm at it, should mention the serial killer elected for Investigation Immunity
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2016 1:52 am

Post by RachMarie »

Nahdia

wow great job

Might have had more trouble if acryon had not been replaced by Ocean. sigh

Ya all should have definitely gone NL right away on MYLO you would have given town another chance.

Was rather surprised to be the nk since I clearly was not the strong town read my pred was.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2016 1:55 am

Post by Nahdia »

rad dead thread. few selected responses:
In post 42, RachMarie wrote:wait I died? weird?
1) You were the doc save (as was pointed out)
2) Your stance as of that night was that it was Klingoncelt or it was me. So yeah, killed ya for your reads.
In post 49, RadiantCowbells wrote:I think Nahdia not dying might raise enough eyebrows to maybe get her pushed on
this is largely why I opted not to kill the last night. any kill other than myself would have looked strange. I decided to just make it look like scum wanted to force town to lynch in mylo. sorry if people feel that's taking the easy way out but I do what I have to.
In post 56, RachMarie wrote:acryon has been replaced by that ocean dude sigh

First thing he did was state he is vt which acryon also stated more than once,

Hopefully Ocean and Will see that Nahida scum slipped (crossing fingers)
telling Ocean he was a doc wasn't a scumslip unless I'm not seeing something. that's a standard reaction test where you tell a replacement what their slot has claimed and see if they go with it. naturally i knew it wouldn't work but.. hey. no cost to me and possible townpoints to gain.
In post 75, RadiantCowbells wrote:Nahdia is being so fucking BM trying to get a force replace on the one person who FoSes her.

Is this really how she plays mafia?
yeah i regretted this comment shortly after making it. i wasn't thinking of my image, i was straight up fucking panicing at this point. like i said the more the game got stretched the more I felt my good position was going to slip out from under me. I didn't expect a force replace, I was mostly just hoping to pressure Ocean to going a bit faster. sorry for this one though, it was kind of under the belt.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2016 2:01 am

Post by RachMarie »

Nahdia you did fairly well. Just you also had a great streak of luck having a strong town player replaced by Ocean in this game.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2016 2:03 am

Post by Nahdia »

i think i probably coulda gotten acryon lynched, or maneuvered differently with him in the game, no disrespect to him. he wasn't exactly a strong townread and I think he woulda been more likely to townread me as well actually, since i spared him d3.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2016 2:04 am

Post by Nahdia »

Ocean was actually more of a wrench in my plans than anything. i gave him a hard time because he was solving the damn game and i was flustered that a last second replacement was screwing me up.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2016 2:18 am

Post by Masquerade »

If Ocean hadn't been all 'now let me tell you idiots how to play mafia' and instead had been 'ok we need to solve this no-lynch or massclaim?' it would have been a LOT different. Also the constant responding to Nahdia and me while you should have been reading up so you could contest our reads. YOU were the new one in the game, you should have seen when I wouldn't stop scumreading you that you had to change your way. I will not let myself get insulted.

Well done Nahdia, I don't mind losing to you at all :)
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2016 2:18 am

Post by Masquerade »

And ofc thanks Armageddon for modding this game and putting up with allthe replacements.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2016 2:22 am

Post by Masquerade »

And if anyone wonders: I can;t be 100% sure but I probably would have replaced back in as scum too. In hindsight I don't think I will replace into an old slot ever again, and that's not because of the questioning from Will in the end. I actually thought it would be convenient so that I could still answer to my slots early game, but I knew what alignment I was coming back to and there could be strategy there that I don't want to abuse.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2016 2:24 am

Post by Creature »

OceanWind seemed obvtown for me.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2016 2:30 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 1986, Creature wrote:OceanWind seemed obvtown for me.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2016 2:35 am

Post by Masquerade »

He could have to me as well if he didn't act the way he did.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2016 2:36 am

Post by Masquerade »

I was willing to talk about Nahdia but I was scumreading Ocean so I wasn't going to do the work for him. He was supposed to come up with reads, discuss with me why he thought my read on Nahdia was wrong. If he was townreading me, why act like I'm his enemy?
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2016 5:39 am

Post by OceanWind »

In post 1983, Masquerade wrote:If Ocean hadn't been all 'now let me tell you idiots how to play mafia' and instead had been 'ok we need to solve this no-lynch or massclaim?'
1. So, you wanted me to teach you how to play mafia while pretending that that's not what I'm doing? Got it.

2. There is no circumstance under which a massclaim wasn't warranted in MYLO. That's not my opinion. That's a fact. My frustration came from the fact that you didn't understand why, yet you chose to play in a regular game instead of in the newbie queue. Even then, I explained to you in great depth why a massclaim was needed.

3. So what if I said "let me tell you idiots how to play mafia" (which I'm not sure I said by the way so no idea where you got that from)? Did you honestly believe that mafia are more likely to say that than town? If you did, you are deluded and are believing what you want to believe. If not, you voted with your dick rather than with your head.
In post 1983, Masquerade wrote:it would have been a LOT different. Also the constant responding to Nahdia and me while you should have been reading up so you could contest our reads. YOU were the new one in the game, you should have seen when I wouldn't stop scumreading you that you had to change your way. I will not let myself get insulted.
1. I was reading up while I was responding to you. I'm not sure why that's a problem. You are just making shit up.

2. Yeah, I was the new one in the game. I asked you to explain several times why you were townreading Nahdia. You didn't know. It seemed to be some magical spell you were under.

3. Iblockhead

Well done Nahdia, I don't mind losing to you at all :)[/quote]

I was reading up while res
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2016 5:40 am

Post by OceanWind »

3. I wasn't going to change my playstyle because you were getting offended, you blockhead.
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2016 5:44 am

Post by OceanWind »

In post 1989, Masquerade wrote:I was willing to talk about Nahdia but I was scumreading Ocean so I wasn't going to do the work for him. He was supposed to come up with reads, discuss with me why he thought my read on Nahdia was wrong. If he was townreading me, why act like I'm his enemy?
No you weren't. You are a liar. I pulled up old quotes of Nahdia's showing she was chainsawing her partners. Your response basically amounted to "waahh, Ocean is scum, why don't you see it Will? How better can I grovel at your feet to make you see it Will?"
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2016 5:48 am

Post by OceanWind »

I have a decent amount of trouble figuring out which of Will or Masquerade played worse. Masquerade voted me and never removed his vote which was bad enough but a TOWN player quick-hammering another takes the cake.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2016 5:50 am

Post by Nahdia »

he was convinced i was town that wasn't gonna change my mind and rolled with it. maybe if the day hadn't been so long people woulda had more patience :roll:

OceanWind in all seriousness I didn't mean a good portion of what I said, but I do think you need to work on your catchups. Taking over a week for a game that's just 70 pages is fucking extreme, and I absolutely used that to my advantage. If you're that busy, maybe don't replace into such a long game.

-Zaphkael, 2020
OceanWind
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
OceanWind
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1995 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2016 5:53 am

Post by OceanWind »

In post 1915, WillReplace4Food wrote:I'm like...pretty good at this game

I've barely put any time in and voila, you get a victory
In post 1964, WillReplace4Food wrote:I wash my hands of the incompetence of both of you. I was just tired of having this game in the back of my mind when it was already solved and I couldn't be fucked to spoon feed it to you any more
You are a fucking moron.
In post 1945, Masquerade wrote:I;'m seriously going crazy rn of frutration.

Will for crying out loud whie the peanut butter from your eyes and read Ocean's posts.

I'm done.

Bye.
You too.

Not because you were wrong but holy shit, the language and arrogance in both of your posts. I admit I was arrogant as well but at least I was right.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1996 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2016 5:55 am

Post by Nahdia »

Well I mean, Will wasn't wrong. I
did
get a victory.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1997 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2016 6:28 am

Post by Masquerade »

Yes you were right and if you didnt have that attitude you may have even been able to convince me. I told you several times to make reads first because I was scumreading you. You objected for almost a week until you started showing signs of you catching up and by that time I was done.

Also, I'm not a guy. Maybe that explains why I was so annoyed with your cockiness.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1998 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2016 6:29 am

Post by Masquerade »

And I mean it when I said that a massclaim has never worked to towns advantage in MY experience. Also, the setup wasn't right so a massclaim was useless anyway.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1999 (ISO) » Sun May 29, 2016 10:19 am

Post by Something_Smart »

man my reads were bad this game -_-

The mod didn't mention it, but I shot GNMG night 1. I crumbed it, planning to claim some sort of vig.

Well played, Nahdia. You've officially joined the very short list of people who induce ridiculous paranoia in me.

Return to “Completed Open Games”