RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #2525 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:46 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Wow accusing me of not understanding English? WTF he almost got my slot lynched before I replaced in being a jerk? uggh And he should remember me from before as falcon.

I am a writer for a living and a native English speaker, I have even had classes in teaching ESL as part of my education, when I planned to be an elementary school teacher.

uggh. I am glad I was able to turn it around and convince enough people I was town.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2526 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:51 pm

Post by Tammy »

Rach - don't let it get to you. It's just falcon. He apparently gets off on insulting people. *hug*
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #2527 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:10 pm

Post by RachMarie »

hugs ♥ Tammy

Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2528 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:54 pm

Post by Ranger »

Ollie wrote:The time she was asked to point out posts of mine that were town & she found tenuous reasons for ALL my posts on the last page, surely alarm bells there.
It shouldn't have. That was meant to reinforce the strength of the read. As in, "I can point to literally any point in the game and do this same thing".

The problem came in that I got detached from the game when I was asked to follow through.

That?

Not scum strategy.
Scum strategy would have been to actually do what I said I was going to do.

Pure, simple, actual, very real, tangible, detachment from the game, which I did feel powerless to stop.
By the time I
had
overcome it, the moment was passed. I HAD been asked "okay, do that for this section of the game", earlier when I was having difficulties. But when I had overcome those difficulties, nobody was going to re-ask the question and it would have been awkward for me to randomly go back and, out of the blue, fulfill that request.
Furthermore, by the time I was back in the game, the support to lynch me was growing enough that I saw that too.

There was a reason I was distancing from both of you even on D2.

I stand by the principle of what I did. I do not bus unless I think I am going down. At the beginning of the game, I did not think I was doomed. At the beginning of the game, I did not think I would go down. So at the beginning, I was not going to bus. You might say, "you could have put your scumbuddies in the middle", but multiple times I have lost or almost lost my scum games because of doing exactly that. I was assuming that if I was lynched, people would look to the middle of my list, not the top. And I think the timing was as natural as could be. I had red herring partners in Killthestory and Nosferatu. I had correctly identified Killthestory as a PR before either of you did. I even laid multi-layer wifom, for instance,
not
voting Titus when I was being lynched, because I thought that if I was voting a scumbuddy, it would look like "Ranger knew she was going down so she would try to make her scumbuddy look good", which is why I instead voted (as a frame job) Killthestory.

The game was not lost when I hammered Masquerade (which was where I scumclaimed, and there was absolutely no illusion about that being a scumclaim). The game was not lost when I was lynched. The game was lost when the town gained the extra lynch and Killthestory was allowed to become confirmed town. If today had been mylo with Magna dead, then Killthestory's doc claim would have been incredibly unbelievable and either of you or Titus could have believably CCed for the win.
Titus wrote:I was protecting Ranger.
I didn't want you to do that. I knew I was gone even before I hammered Masquerade. (That's why I hammered in the first place!) I thought I might get a SnarkySnowman lynch but then I'd be done for. When the Masquerade wagon was building, I was hopeful I could get a lynch there (especially one without me), but I knew that I'd still be done for. I was obviously going down even on D2.

Honestly, if you had been bussing me from the start (or at least near it), like I did to you (you know I don't bus, so when I did, that should have been telling you, "Titus, DON'T PROTECT ME I AM GETTING LYNCHED!"), I think you could have stood a chance of maybe looking more town than at least Nosferatu.
RadiantCowbells wrote:FTR I was beyond 100% certain that Ranger was scum
And I knew it, too.
You're not as subtle as you thought you were.
You were literally broadcasting "Ranger is scum, but I'll deal with her later" in basically every post.
Most blatantly, when you said you'd be defending a townread but I was being attacked and you
weren't
defending me. It was obvious even without that, but with it, I had something to actually point my scumbuddies to because the implication there would be null-at-
best
on me and I know you well enough to know you wouldn't have me as just a null read like that.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2529 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:01 pm

Post by Ranger »

Just wanted to make clear:
The game was lost when the town gained the extra lynch and Killthestory was allowed to become confirmed town.
^Not meant as an accusation. Just an unfortunate bad luck thing, basically. The night
almost
went with a MagnaofIllusion death. Almost. It could have also gone for an Imperium death, which would have still been viable. (Not
as
workable, but viable enough to still be a possible win.) Both of these were things that, from my understanding, were
this
close to happening, yet ultimately and regrettably, did not.

It's akin to how I was disappointed nobody bit on my Nosferatu red herring. That read was designed to be
sketchy as hell
: started in the null-to-nullscum area (this is a preferred section for me to slather scumbuddies in!), then moved up to town, stayed there with absolutely no reasoning attached and was never given an adequate explanation. I really wanted people to think about that association and how questionable it was, but nobody ever did, not even once. ;_;
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
Game History
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2530 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:02 pm

Post by Killthestory »

lol
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #2531 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:12 pm

Post by Titus »

Tammy, despite me not getting you. I have the utmost respect and admiration for you as a player. You have a way of just similing and nodding at people and they are willing to go along. Meanwhile I have to fight to get people to vote their own scumreads. When your reads are wrong, it normally sends a flare that Tammy might be scum. It was obvious to you that you believed in CoM but I don't think it would have been obvious to town!Titus. Then again, I did feel sorry for you given the things ABR wanted in Cyberpunk that you had no way of knowing.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
kelbris
kelbris
Goon
kelbris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2532 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:03 am

Post by kelbris »

so...no problems with me opening the mafia PT?
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2533 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:36 am

Post by Nosferatu »

tfw I scum read 2/3 scum for shitty reasons and dropped them both because I couldn't substantiate it and with ollie the rest of the town started screaming at me
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2534 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:37 am

Post by Nosferatu »

I'm so bad
last.fm
gtkas
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2535 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:42 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

on a positive note, this:
In post 73, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 63, OceanWind wrote:
In post 49, Nosferatu wrote:yeah I also hadn't read your post. Get over yourself.
Assuming you just now remembered this game, why throw down an RVS vote as opposed to offer your thoughts on the non-serious content in the thread?
not RVS.

/ <--- who states suspicion only to come back literally an hour later to put a vote down? I could understand if it were a few minutes later and you were like "oh ya, I forgot to vote him actually" but no, he calls him tryhard scum, which is like ¿qué? cause like one thing is saying he was to lengthy in his response to a naked vote, (which I don't even get I mean when did post length become alignment-indicative) but another is calling him tryhard scum based on one post.
was picking up on an awkward interaction between scumpartners
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2536 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:55 am

Post by Nosferatu »

I mean there was also the part where he belittled every single argument made against him with degrading comments and that infernal :lol: emoticon, but apparently everybody else figured that was town, and he made a post I agreed with; so I figured I must be wrong and I unvoted.

I have negative self-confidence
last.fm
gtkas
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #2537 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:43 am

Post by RachMarie »

Don't feel bad Nos, I had my moments too. My strongest scum read was always Ranger. Ollie was second, and I dithered tween you and Titus :/

Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2538 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:11 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 2531, Titus wrote:Tammy, despite me not getting you. I have the utmost respect and admiration for you as a player. You have a way of just similing and nodding at people and they are willing to go along. Meanwhile I have to fight to get people to vote their own scumreads. When your reads are wrong, it normally sends a flare that Tammy might be scum. It was obvious to you that you believed in CoM but I don't think it would have been obvious to town!Titus. Then again, I did feel sorry for you given the things ABR wanted in Cyberpunk that you had no way of knowing.

Thank you! What's funny is I feel like my reads are wrong most of the time, especially early on. I think typically my top town reads are usually decent but everything else just feels like a big jumble.

As far as me obviously believe the read on CoM, I did explain this to falcon, and massive picked up on it. My biggest weakness as scum is that I'm a bit too empathetic so that I feel bad pushing people when I know they're town. Obviously you have to do it as scum, but I feel just terrible for mislynching people because I feel like it hurts them. Now when I'm town obviously I mislynch people too, but I don't know it at the time. So, the CoM push was very similar to the push I made on you day one in Pathfinder. There I was taunting you that I could get you lynched because you were scum. I'd never do that as scum because I wouldn't be able to bring myself to do it. Here, I was pushing that CoM lynch with everything I had, yelling at people to get back on the obvious scum, pulling up iso's. Again, something I'd not be able to bring myself to do as scum.

I've come a long way since I started playing years ago with what I can and will push as scum, but this is something that isn't there yet. Maybe in another couple years or something, but it's just something I can't get up the nerve to do yet.

I'm probably not quite ready to play mafia right now, but we should get that hydra going for real some time soon :)
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2539 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:02 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2532, kelbris wrote:
so...no problems with me opening the mafia PT?
No
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2540 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:03 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2538, Tammy wrote:
In post 2531, Titus wrote:Tammy, despite me not getting you. I have the utmost respect and admiration for you as a player. You have a way of just similing and nodding at people and they are willing to go along. Meanwhile I have to fight to get people to vote their own scumreads. When your reads are wrong, it normally sends a flare that Tammy might be scum. It was obvious to you that you believed in CoM but I don't think it would have been obvious to town!Titus. Then again, I did feel sorry for you given the things ABR wanted in Cyberpunk that you had no way of knowing.

Thank you! What's funny is I feel like my reads are wrong most of the time, especially early on. I think typically my top town reads are usually decent but everything else just feels like a big jumble.

As far as me obviously believe the read on CoM, I did explain this to falcon, and massive picked up on it. My biggest weakness as scum is that I'm a bit too empathetic so that I feel bad pushing people when I know they're town. Obviously you have to do it as scum, but I feel just terrible for mislynching people because I feel like it hurts them. Now when I'm town obviously I mislynch people too, but I don't know it at the time. So, the CoM push was very similar to the push I made on you day one in Pathfinder. There I was taunting you that I could get you lynched because you were scum. I'd never do that as scum because I wouldn't be able to bring myself to do it. Here, I was pushing that CoM lynch with everything I had, yelling at people to get back on the obvious scum, pulling up iso's. Again, something I'd not be able to bring myself to do as scum.

I've come a long way since I started playing years ago with what I can and will push as scum, but this is something that isn't there yet. Maybe in another couple years or something, but it's just something I can't get up the nerve to do yet.

I'm probably not quite ready to play mafia right now, but we should get that hydra going for real some time soon :)
Skype me when you're ready and we can talk about it.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

kelbris
kelbris
Goon
kelbris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2541 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:13 pm

Post by kelbris »

The Mafia PT is now open and can be found here. Thanks for playing.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2542 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:56 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

Thank you, Kelbris. :)
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2543 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:45 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Thanks for running the game Kelbris. Things I think overall went pretty smoothly. I know you had a few minor hiccups on the early vote-counts but otherwise good job modding. I'd suggest putting together a standard Vote Count template (when I used to GM I used Excel but other formats I'm sure work fine) that you can update from vote-count to vote-count to help minimize potential errors if you are not already doing so.

Ollie - you played a good game. Your bussing of Ranger (aside from the small glitch of ignoring HA and Jim which I noted and Imperium honed in on like a hound-dog) read pretty Town to me. Without help I probably would not have gotten you in the game. Too many other credible possibilities.

Aside from that I'm fairly happy with my play. Zeroed in on Ranger and didn't let that read go. Game would have probably gone a bit smoother for Town if more Town had not listened to the Snarky lynch or not taken her play into account Day 3.

I'm glad I got a strong Town read on Imperium even if I had some minor paranoia on Day 5. Keeping them alive was important as that was a strong presence I could trust and was important to getting Ollie to the rope with their own analysis.

Also glad that this game has given me clarity on Kill - he's basically Chesskid2016 and I now know how to handle him in future games.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #2544 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:55 am

Post by RachMarie »

@MoI

I don't think I ever played with chesskid?

I am glad you had a strong town read on Nacho and Tammy as well. I was not kidding about Nacho being a mass busser when he is scum. And Tammy the one time I saw her as scum was after we cult switched her over and that made her falter and we lost the game, I was dead and feeling horrible about doing it to her, but she was the strongest town read so that is why we picked her.

I also understand why you were so heavily scum reading me, I am not the best scum hunter, which is one of the reasons I plan on hydraing with Nacho at some point to improve my skills.

Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2545 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:58 am

Post by Tammy »

Subject: Open 633: Mafia PT
Titus wrote:Tbh, I would value murdering Imperium but I kinda wanna mislynch them in lylo. Mislynching Tammy is on my bucket list. I would never throw a game to do it and Imperium alive in lylo is a good setup.
:(

I'm on several people's bucket lists for mislynching. I don't get it.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #2546 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:03 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

In post 2544, RachMarie wrote:I don't think I ever played with chesskid?

I also understand why you were so heavily scum reading me, I am not the best scum hunter, which is one of the reasons I plan on hydraing with Nacho at some point to improve my skills.
Be glad you never had the pleasure (yes, this is sarcasm) of playing with Chesskid.

Rach honestly the biggest issue I had with your slot is you didn't put enough words into play (and examples) that could make me see you actually coming to conclusions that I could Town-read. Basically my advice would be - put in the work (and by work I mean writing). It also didn't help that you inherited a fairly poisonous slot but you can't really do much about that other than Town as hard as you can.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2547 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:45 am

Post by Tammy »

I'm glad I read you right too, Magna! Also, super glad you're back :)
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2548 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:46 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

MoI, I think you need to rethink the towncred you give to people for lynching scum.

Bussing seems to fool you pretty systematically.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2549 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:30 am

Post by Killthestory »

i'm the worst PR ever LMAO.

Return to “Completed Open Games”