Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:09 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 972, Genji wrote:
In post 970, Raskolnikov wrote:
In post 968, Raskolnikov wrote:
In post 965, Genji wrote:But the correct play was to no lynch in MYLo situation.
Lynching in MYLO is almost always bad
to be fair if this was a game where people picked JOAT as one the mafia powers (which is more common than rolecop and ESPECIALLY BP) no-lynch would just have shaddowez killed and one less vote to mislynch someone

so it would have been the optimal choice here but not in like 8 of 10 scenarios similar to this (3 mafia things chosen), so as a theoretical choice it wasnt really that good
actually I take this back
Joat strongman would have been used n2 onto highhopes and not have been available for n3.
Which would mean to resolve Lycan, no lynched was best bet.
We did cover this in game here in the second half of the post.

but as I said Lycan was firm on self preservation and the rest of the town seemed determined to lynch you.

You know something is off when scum is giving genuine accurate helpful advice to town and it gets ignored.
Scum:
nk bastion cos he is never being lynched imo.

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:10 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 974, Raskolnikov wrote:nah it would have looked bad for me... if there was a kill outside of the PRs people would wonder why it isnt me

that last post before kyndy voted was a bit of an ego trip for you, talking about what to do if you were killed.
Scum:

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:12 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 953, Sir Bastion wrote:superbowl9: Oh I had to buddy you quick, I knew Vedith would get all prickly if I tried to be nice to him, but you my glorious soupbowl are a good townie to have in my corner...even if I am scum. solid reading except you had a big old blind spot where the genji/hebee slot sat and it blinded you so much. I think more then any other player you lost out the most from the day 2 fuck up, if day 2 had gone as normal and hebee had been lynched I think in day 3 you would have been a much stronger player. I think Raskol played that blind spot too well.
Yeah you got me :D . At one point I remember thinking "well what if bastion's scum?" and my response to myself was "Well then gg". I think I have a problem with scumreading lurkers. I just don't like them. I think your buddying saved you having to deal with me attacking rask as well, because at one point like half the game just started townreading them for basically nothing iirc and I was like "but bastion's doing it too, so there's gotta be a good reason".
In post 604, Vedith wrote:I really think scum, I am 99% because of a technical issue.
In post 651, Lycanfire wrote:vedith #549 scumreads superbowl based on ongoing game. fuck your sportsmanship give me the win
Is this ok to talk about now or is it still ongoing?

Tbh I am super surprised that everyone who hopped on the "scumread super train" was town. One more thing started by lycan that was ultimately a huge D3 distraction imo (no hard feelings tho).

Also
In post 67, NJAC wrote:
In post 66, Killthestory wrote:our reads were bad
Savage
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:12 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

well anyone looking at my meta wouldve seen me do it as town so I had to be consistent!!!
deranged and incoherent
?
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:15 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

On the nl thing I was so sure that genji was scum (and I'm sure others were too) that going for a nl wouldn't have even mattered. <-- Yet another thing bastion's buddy affected me on since I knew from POE rask/genji was scum, and I was townreading rask cause of the buddy.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:16 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

you do know if we ever play in the same game again you'll never be able to trust me

ever

you and raskol will mislynch me to death in every game from here on out.
Scum:

superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:20 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

But now that you've said that I won't try to mislynch you'll use this argument to try to tip my bias. Meta af. I'm on to your tricks.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:21 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

its ok bastion by the looks of it your next game will be years from now :P

also lol I didnt really notice that buddying until I said "hey, bastion is kind of being non-committal here" and superbowls like no dude I liked that analysis it was perfectly fine what you are talking about :v
deranged and incoherent
?
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:26 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

I did get invited to another game during this one, but it was on day 2 and day 1 was a 100 pages long so I was very much *nope*
Scum:

superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:36 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

Damn thinking back can we really say any of our prs played optimally
This game was free af for scum. /salt
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:41 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

If Vedith was given free reign scum would have lost a player day 2

If Vedith had been accurate in his report town would have 2 confirmed prs day 2 (1 of which scum didnt know what role they were)

If it hadnt been a perfect storm of both of those scenarios screwing each other over...

Put simply Vedith or HH on their own would have been great for town

both of them together essentially took each other out of the game.
Scum:

Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:26 pm

Post by Ranger »

Raskolnikov wrote:I think in general the setup is too scumsided when scum don't pick anything
This is a given!
I never meant to sign up for THIS setup, and when I did, certainly didn't plan on drawing town.
You can blame KTS for that. :P

I just don't see a scumteam ever losing this game except in a case of EXTREME incompetence or EXTREME bad luck. We're talking, roleblocker blocks scum 2-3 times, luck. (I think that roleblocker is honestly the only town role in this setup that holds any value whatsoever: it can give the town an extra mislynch while catching scum. It does everything the tracker does, just...better.) I mean, doesn't matter all too much to me: from the moment I did join this game, I resolved to not count it as a game in my statistics.

Still, the setup is not something I think should be in the normal rotation since competent scum...just won't ever lose this. And by competent scum, I don't mean 'Don Corelone' scum. I mean, "not the worst scum players of all time", and
even then
, I wouldn't put it past the town to screw up. None of the town's power roles except the roleblocker (a conditionally-powerful role at best) can really get good info. The goon cop can get guilties, sure, but the traitor is immune and the goon cop can easily be countered by specific combinations of stacking should the scum decide to stack at all.
FUCKING KNEW IT.
Of course we did!
You were obviously scum when you buttered up to me. I thought you were scum even if Vedith was. Vedith flipping town only solidified it.
Sir Bastion was a scumread which came upon the realization that Vedith was town, so we needed to look at the game again. His posting made it pretty obvious he was scum, and I was fairly certain that AT LEAST one of you were scum if not both; I knew you weren't both town.

Lilith:
Can you please release the PT you made for our hydra?
I want to show the thought I put into our actions.

I actually DID put careful thought into it.
The Vedith block was very strategically done.
The Sir Bastion block was a good target (he was scum!), even if not quite the right one I needed.

It's really frustrating though.
IF I were to count this game as a game in my statistics, I'd be on a
nine-game losing streak
. NINE. Nine games, in a ROW, where I lost, usually for factors completely out of my control. (That being, either I was lynched or I was nightkilled or a certain reckless townie TWICE voted recklessly in lylo allowing scum to quick-hammer which...I can't really control.) Ten if you count DC Dual Universe as two games rather than one, actually.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:33 pm

Post by Killthestory »

you can put it in your sig as a loss for kts.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:44 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

Told you they would be suspect of your fangirl moment :)
Scum:

Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:00 am

Post by Vedith »

GG scum!
Sorry for my cock up all!
Just a shame I didn't get a chance to get the goon read on Kyndy :P

At work so hard to see but who was the 3rd scum? What upgrades did you take?

Thanks for modding Lillith! :)
I claim scum \o/
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:04 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

scum were

Raskolnikov - scum bulletproof

Sir Bastion - Scum Rolecop

Kyndy101 - traitor turned goon

the powers were chosen by a player who replaced out before the game started so we had no control over them.

night actions were:
night 1

Raskolnikov killed Light

Sir Bastion checked Lycanfire

night 2

Kyndy101 killed HH

Sir Bastion checked Ironstove (got blocked)
Scum:

Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:08 am

Post by Vedith »

Scum bulletproof is a bad choice imo (I know it wasn't you)
At least I was right about being 3 scum, even if nothing else I did was lol!
I claim scum \o/
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:14 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 991, Vedith wrote:Scum bulletproof is a bad choice imo (I know it wasn't you)
At least I was right about being 3 scum, even if nothing else I did was lol!
Yeah I hated all the choices, none of the powers we took ever really came into dire use.
Scum:

Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:46 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Okay, lesson learned.

Night 2 is the latest I can ever leave ranger alive :lol:
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:46 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

*day 2.
deranged and incoherent
?
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/His/Him

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:46 am

Post by NJAC »

GG Scum. Especially Bastion and Rask (I never suspected Rask IIRC).

I knew Bastion's hop on my wagon D1 was very scummy.
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/His/Him

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:47 am

Post by NJAC »

And thanks Lilith, great modding, great flavor!
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:07 am

Post by ironstove »

GG all, I don't think I would have been able to townread super over rask.

Before getting replaced, my top lynch was kyndy, I didn't want to lynch genji... Superbowl, not sure if he was town how he was reading the genji slot as scum. That was my biggest fos.

The worst player this game was easily lycan, he's just horrible at this game and I don't consider this game a loss because he was on my team, it's really tragic that he actually got assigned a PR and didn't use his BG to save highhopes, that was a game winning play right there to send a PM to a mod in 72 hours but apparently he couldn't even manage to do that.

Lycan, stop playing mafia, you don't even read the thread or what people post but then you come in swinging like you have all the best reads and know who is mafia. You're horrible.

I'd put Verdeth as a second-worst this game.

The strongest scum player was Rask, the worst scum player was Kyndy. She was such obvious scum, and I am so annoyed that Verdeth put her down as a strong town read, and all the other town players putting her down as a strong town read because she keeps writing stupidly long walls of text... People automatically assume that someone writing long posts = town, but if you quote a bunch of people and write garbage filler, that doesn't make you town. I suspect the majority of people town reading her did not actually take the time to read completely through all of her long posts, and also check her sources which honestly was an exhausting process, but made it almost confirmed she was scum.

I'm sorry about blowing up this game, I really stepped out of line, but the Verdeth self-lynch, followed by lycan trying to tunnel me/Genji and town reading kyndy was too much for me to handle. Also I felt that shadows as our only confirmed town wasn't doing enough to lead the game. He was standing idly by while town was bickering and nobody EVER built a strong case on genji, yet everyone seemed to keep pushing for his lynch.

Having subbed in, I even began to doubt my town read of the hebee slot, but genji solidified my town stance, but after lycan's re-entrance into the game, I honestly had had enough of playing with him. This felt worse than a newbie game tbh with how much lazy reading was going on and it made me want to take a long break from mafia.

With that said, I really need to learn to push harder and lead town better when it comes to not lynching my town reads and lynching scum reads.
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:10 am

Post by ironstove »

By too much for me to handle regarding lycan, I got really frustrated because I knew from what he was writing that he hadn't read anything I had written, or maybe english isn't his native language, but the point was that I was putting in a lot of effort trying to communicate to him and he was completely ignoring everything I was saying and happily chugging along his case like some AI program.

He was really the worst player this game, hands down. Were it not for his PR claim, he would have been an extremely easy mislynch for mafia to push. As a PR, he was useless, as a confirmed town, he was detrimental.
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:13 am

Post by ironstove »

I think that reading comprehension is a critical skill that you need to have if you're going to play this game. If you're not even going to do this basic step and create mistakes like not reading results PMs to make everyone think you're scum (Verdeth), not read people's post to clear them and find real scum (Lycan), then you're just wasting time playing this game.

I really don't think I'm flaming either, but sure maybe I could say it in a nicer way, but it's really frustrating to play this game sometimes when people like verdeth, lycan, and kyndy are the regular players you get.

Return to “Completed Open Games”