Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:35 am

Post by Hawk »

Oh yeah. I'm okay. Saturday last week on my way home I got news that my brother who lives a state away had tried to commit suicide. So I had been pretty torn up after going and visiting him. A lot of stuff was going on and I took as much time as I could to go see him so I had to VLA from all my games thankfully this one wasn't fully in swing but if anything I wasn't feeling my best for this f3.

He's okay now they're still keeping a close eye on him and my sister is staying with him for now until he's feeling better. He had lost his job a few months vack and his girlfriend left him apparently sometime last week before he tried because he had kinda fallen into a slump since he lost his job and wasn't doing much around the house or trying of find a new job.

I would want to play again with almost all of you! I hope next theryingime I get to play with Gamma he's not apart of a lazy hydra because I've read a game or two of his and he's usually a much more active player. Same with Mala I hope next time we get to play it'll be better timing for her.

But definitely it was a lot of fun playing with You guys (specifically Bang, aubrey, Kop, Spade, and KT!) I felt like I didn't get to see much of Ali and Aelins play so can't really judge there but no one was bad. just inactive. IV next time we play you gotta post more bro!
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:36 am

Post by Aubrey »

In post 1349, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:If I had been the vigilante, we would've won.

I knew Aubrey was scum from .
Shame. :twisted:
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:38 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

It doesn't even make sense why I was night killed. I lurk when I roll town PR :lol:
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:39 am

Post by Aubrey »

You pr-lurked in my eyes, and we don't know you.
Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:41 am

Post by Hawk »

LUV's night kill confused me. I was thinking scum would target me, Aubrey, or Bang n1. Though Uzi I think in retrospect was a good shot. No one really thought UZI was scum. Plus if Uzi was alive I bet he could have pulled me out of Aubreys pocket. lol
Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:43 am

Post by Hawk »

Aubrey pocketed me because of his avatar d1/2 lol I love FFT by the way and realized it was a good chance to switch my avatar to this Xd
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:47 am

Post by Aubrey »

When I look for Power roles on day 1 (with no super strong tells) I tend to look for mellow players who are not trying to piss anybody off. Usually you find them in the middle of active and inactive. You said just enough not to cause suspicion from town players, and not enough to want me or my fellow scum partners to want to off you for your activity or pushes (unlike Bang or Hawk who had received strong town credit, and were going to be active nuisances.) That is why Kop and yourself gained my interest N1. Power-roles have to be careful, and I picked out players who seemed to be playing careful.

I was worried to attack Bang or Hawk for fear they would get protected by jailor if they didnt protect KT

@Hawk: I SAW THAT!!!! :D I was happy when I saw the black mage. I had FFT moment awhile back. Sadly I change my avatar almost weekly cause I get so bored with them.
Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:52 am

Post by Hawk »

I'll be honest I thought about pointing out your avatar switch cause your devil wears Prada avatar made me feel you were finally showing your true colors and the switch back to FFT before when I switched was a sign of pocketing if nothing but subconsciously lol
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:01 am

Post by Aubrey »

Oh yea. That did happen. I don't remember if I just wasn't pleased with the DWP avi, and changed it back, or if you changed your avi to your current one and I got excited that someone else knew the game. I feel as if FFT is one of the more forgotten games in the FF series. My first two video games as a kid were FFT and FF9. DWP is just one of my all time favorite movies.

We got to talking about shows that we loved as kids at work, and I use to looooove Samurai Jack. Hence why my avi is now Aku. Honestly my Avi just changes based on my mood and current events around me that spark my interest. The only two I revert back to on a whim is the pexeled Zoey from L4D, and the 2 fox icons I made for a client way back when that I think are adorable for mafia.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:09 am

Post by Aubrey »

I guess a month ago? however so long ago I read a challenge about trying to beat the game with Princess Ovelia's guard party that you play as at the start. You can play with what ever characters in the beginning up until the fort is blown up with Delita holding Teta in his arms, but once you can add the original Squire, and 2 female nights, and Agrias, you have to ditch your old party members. So I tried it and decided to make my avi the typical male Knight.

I need to finish that challenge at some point, but I'm to busy :lol: I dedicated a whole weekend and another Saturday to that game. I'm at the part where you fight Your brother alongside Zalbag.
bangthemafia
bangthemafia
Goon
bangthemafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:35 am

Post by bangthemafia »

In post 1350, Hawk wrote:Oh yeah. I'm okay. Saturday last week on my way home I got news that my brother who lives a state away had tried to commit suicide. So I had been pretty torn up after going and visiting him. A lot of stuff was going on and I took as much time as I could to go see him so I had to VLA from all my games thankfully this one wasn't fully in swing but if anything I wasn't feeling my best for this f3.

He's okay now they're still keeping a close eye on him and my sister is staying with him for now until he's feeling better. He had lost his job a few months vack and his girlfriend left him apparently sometime last week before he tried because he had kinda fallen into a slump since he lost his job and wasn't doing much around the house or trying of find a new job.

I would want to play again with almost all of you! I hope next theryingime I get to play with Gamma he's not apart of a lazy hydra because I've read a game or two of his and he's usually a much more active player. Same with Mala I hope next time we get to play it'll be better timing for her.

But definitely it was a lot of fun playing with You guys (specifically Bang, aubrey, Kop, Spade, and KT!) I felt like I didn't get to see much of Ali and Aelins play so can't really judge there but no one was bad. just inactive. IV next time we play you gotta post more bro!
Thanks bro. Would love to play again with you. You were very good at your analysis.

So sorry to hear about your bro. Mafia is much less imp than real life. Please call him much more regularly for few days and get professional help. Also, with so much going around, you found time for f3. That shows your sense of accountability and responsibility. Wish you best for future, dear!!
bangthemafia
bangthemafia
Goon
bangthemafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:36 am

Post by bangthemafia »

Aubrey, Spade, whom did you investigate night 1 & 2?
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:43 am

Post by Aubrey »

N1, Mala. N2, Spade made the kill for fear of me possibly being jailed.
Aelin
Aelin
Goon
Aelin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:56 am

Post by Aelin »

To be honest there were some obvious scum slips from all 3 of us there (sorry to rope you guys in you both played amazing) but one thing constantly with Spade town should've seen was him constantly going silent when asked for reads which seemed glaringly obvious from an outsider's view.
Bang was an obvious jk from all the awkward questions about the jk no vanilla would've asked
bangthemafia
bangthemafia
Goon
bangthemafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:57 am

Post by bangthemafia »

Oh, so he couldnt investigate and kill the same night? Ok.
bangthemafia
bangthemafia
Goon
bangthemafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:57 am

Post by bangthemafia »

Spadey, the read dodger scum!!!
The MM
The MM
Goon
The MM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:40 am

Post by The MM »

In post 1338, bangthemafia wrote:@Mod, please post night actions.

@Hawk, both nights I JKed YOU!!! :-)
Hum. Let me get the action log.
All Actions=== DAY ONE ===
Aelin (MAFIA Backup Jailkeeper) was lynched.
=== NIGHT ONE ===
bangthemafia jails Hawk.
Spade_Ace investigates Malakittens (Vanilla TOWN), gets a Vanilla result.
KainTepes shoots Alisae (Vanilla TOWN).
The Mafia nightkill is performed by Aubrey on Lil Uzi Vert (Vanilla TOWN).
=== DAY TWO ===
innocentvillager (Vanilla TOWN) was lynched.
=== NIGHT ONE ===
bangthemafia jails Hawk.
Spade_Ace does not investigate.
KainTepes shoots Malakittens (Vanilla TOWN).
The Mafia nightkill is performed by Spade_Ace on bangthemafia (TOWN Jailkeeper).
=== DAY THREE ===
Spade_Ace (MAFIA Rolecop) was lynched. Kop (TOWN Backup Rolecop) becomes operant.
=== NIGHT THREE ===
Kop investigates Hawk (Vanilla TOWN), gets a vanilla result.
KainTepes shoots Crystalline Dagger (Vanilla TOWN).
The Mafia nightkill is performed by Aubrey on KainTepes (TOWN Vigilante).
=== DAY FOUR ===
Hawk is lynched. Scum win.

In post 1340, Kop wrote:i cant see the dead thread
Fixed. Both Dead Thread and Mafia Thread are now open for viewing (not posting).
In post 1342, Aubrey wrote:Thanks MM for hosting :)

Yeah dead thread is blocked.
^
Waiting for the day I can come back and mod games.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:43 am

Post by Aubrey »

In post 1363, Aelin wrote:To be honest there were some obvious scum slips from all 3 of us there (sorry to rope you guys in you both played amazing) but one thing constantly with Spade town should've seen was him constantly going silent when asked for reads which seemed glaringly obvious from an outsider's view.
Bang was an obvious jk from all the awkward questions about the jk no vanilla would've asked
The problem was, he wasn't alone in going silent. How often would CD, Mala, or IV appear then go quite? It's hard to just isolate one person out of a group like that solely based on activity. In the end, I think this is a good game to showcase how important it is for a town to be rather active and aggressive overall vs. silent and kinda dormant. While it is true activity alone isnt AI, it does however play a key role in winning or losing a game.

I think the one thing that was never highlighted this game was that some of the slots getting voted by us were kinda easy slots to vote for by scum. IV for example was super easy for me to place a vote on due to the lack of activity and vigor. Scum like easy slots to vote, and to be able to keep their vote placed.
bangthemafia
bangthemafia
Goon
bangthemafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:53 am

Post by bangthemafia »

Agree fully. Though activity is NAI, inactive townies really harm the game
Aelin
Aelin
Goon
Aelin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:04 am

Post by Aelin »

In post 1367, Aubrey wrote:
In post 1363, Aelin wrote:To be honest there were some obvious scum slips from all 3 of us there (sorry to rope you guys in you both played amazing) but one thing constantly with Spade town should've seen was him constantly going silent when asked for reads which seemed glaringly obvious from an outsider's view.
The problem was, he wasn't alone in going silent. How often would CD, Mala, or IV appear then go quite? It's hard to just isolate one person out of a group like that solely based on activity. In the end, I think this is a good game to showcase how important it is for a town to be rather active and aggressive overall vs. silent and kinda dormant. While it is true activity alone isnt AI, it does however play a key role in winning or losing a game.

I think the one thing that was never highlighted this game was that some of the slots getting voted by us were kinda easy slots to vote for by scum. IV for example was super easy for me to place a vote on due to the lack of activity and vigor. Scum like easy slots to vote, and to be able to keep their vote placed.
Yeah doubt I may even notice Spade in particular as a townie in all fairness due to other players following suit. Inactivity did really hurt the town.

On another note, thanks for hosting The MM ^.^.
Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:11 am

Post by Hawk »

Yeah even tho Spade said it and he was scum the inactivity of the town lead to our downfall. It's not that Spade or even Aubrey somewhat wasn't scummy it's just that with only a few of town posting constantly it was hard not to look at IV or Mala. I honestly think d2 was the turning point where town started to lose. It was a day of low activity from town being pressured and lack of counter attack. IV and Mala both don't provide great defenses or counter wagons and get pushed around by scum and town alike. If Mala had solidly stood her ground and pressed Spade because he was scummy as crap d1 and played it was a distancing act we might have lynched spade. But instead the day stagnated. I tried to take a charge and reevaluate and gave spade a pass as Aelin trying to stir up a counter wagon. Hindsight I should have been digging harder into Aelin's associatives d1 and been better off that way.

Overall thank you MM for hosting grest Game overall guys. I'd love to play with you all again in the future :)

Thanks for the kind words Bang. I've been calling him everyday since and I almost subbed out of all my games when I heard but just put it off cause I figured I'd need the distraction at some point.. when I got multiple prods monday I just put up a VLA and took the day to try and reset and get back into a regular routine cause I couldn't take off anymore at work and mafia was a good distraction after to keep my mind from worrying about him so much. He seems to be doing okay and my sister is keeping a good eye on him.
bangthemafia
bangthemafia
Goon
bangthemafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:17 am

Post by bangthemafia »

Bless him and you all!

Yes, mafia is a good, and a very strong distraction if one indeed needs any!

Just saw that Kop did investigate you at night! ;-)
Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:24 am

Post by Hawk »

Yeah but I just come up vanilla so it didn't matter at the end. Honestly I thought about the BRC claim d3 and Aubrey pushing for it actually because I thought about asking for it too
mostly because I was reading Aubrey as BRC. Especially after Bang outed he was JK. Also I'll be perfectly honest after Bang did that I ignored the fuck out of everyone who thought Bang was bad and tried to draw as little attention to Bang as possible lol. Kinda why I leaned IV and Mala more d2...
Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:32 am

Post by Hawk »

In post 1359, Aubrey wrote:I guess a month ago? however so long ago I read a challenge about trying to beat the game with Princess Ovelia's guard party that you play as at the start. You can play with what ever characters in the beginning up until the fort is blown up with Delita holding Teta in his arms, but once you can add the original Squire, and 2 female nights, and Agrias, you have to ditch your old party members. So I tried it and decided to make my avi the typical male Knight.

I need to finish that challenge at some point, but I'm to busy :lol: I dedicated a whole weekend and another Saturday to that game. I'm at the part where you fight Your brother alongside Zalbag.

Ooh I love those old school challenges. I remember trying to beat the game with just Ramza and stuff like that from the old Gamefaqs forum days.

This was my first FF. Then FF7 8 and 9 after. I've been a big fan of the series ever since so when I finally realized what that avatar was (it seemed familiar and nostalgic I was like ooooooooo I like that what is that from gosh darn it) then realized it was the knight from FFT I immediatley found this black mage one :D
Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:33 am

Post by Hawk »

Also just read the dead chat. Thanks for all the praise guys! This is my second mafia game on this forum and I haven't played much forum mafia since like 2004 with Gaia online and stuff so it was interesting getting back into this.

Return to “Completed Open Games”