Post Post #725 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:14 am

Post by JasonWazza »

Vote Count 3.4

[3] Gamma Emerald: TheSoldier, hapahauli, CloudKicker,
[1] SnarkySnowman: Creature,
[1] CloudKicker: SnarkySnowman,

Not voting: Gamma Emerald, Börk Börk,

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch

Deadline: (expired on 2017-02-14 04:07:20)
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:19 am

Post by Creature »

Hmm, feeling TheSoldier is town currently.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:19 am

Post by Creature »

So Gamma wagon so far looks all town.
Sigh
Börk Börk
Börk Börk
Goon
Börk Börk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:32 am

Post by Börk Börk »

@hapahauli
I don't disagree with your case, because from a certain standpoint it makes sense, especially the part about him generally being passive. However I wouldn't necessarily read his interactions with Vij as scummy, since if I had my vote on someone and then they said something that made sense, I wouldn't tell them that it doesn't make sense simply because I also think they're scum.

I don't agree with your townread on CK because:
1) Pushing the game forward isn't something that I'd label as inherently town behaviour. I'd say it's more dependent on one's general playstyle, i.e. active vs passive.
2) What makes one's attitude to a NL scummy? Again, I didn't read that as alignment-indicative.
3) Eeeeh... I can sort of agree with this point, I guess.
Börk Börk
Börk Börk
Goon
Börk Börk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:34 am

Post by Börk Börk »

Top lynches for me today would be Snarky or CK, though I can't see the latter happening.
Hapahauli is probably my top townread.
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:49 am

Post by hapahauli »

In post 727, Creature wrote:So Gamma wagon so far looks all town.
Why? Other than his post on Gamma, he hasn't done much else. Like if we are wrong on gamma, he doesn't look great.
A TeamLiquid Mafia journeyman.
Need a replacement for your game? Shoot me a PM.
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:53 am

Post by hapahauli »

In post 729, Börk Börk wrote:Top lynches for me today would be Snarky or CK, though I can't see the latter happening.
Scumreads. Cool. Progress I guess.

I think Snarky is lynchbait. He is a lurker regardless of alignment. Why is he mafia?

Also, what's scummy about CK? You've told me why his behavior is non alignment indicative, but no why he's suspicious.
CloudKicker
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:42 am

Post by CloudKicker »

In post 729, Börk Börk wrote:Top lynches for me today would be Snarky or CK, though I can't see the latter happening.
Even if you scumread me, i cant be a higher priority lynch over gamma in any town mind
Cloud is such a clown....prob a town clown, but clown none-the-less - IAI
TheSoldier
TheSoldier
Goon
TheSoldier
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:15 pm

Post by TheSoldier »

CK: hapahauli sees the same things I did. Gamma gives the excuse of shit connection, and sure, I believe that. But that's an excuse for sparse posting, not empty posting. He clearly had the ability to post on game-related things, and even quotes things, but there's no analysis and no followup to anything.

Börk, formulate some thoughts here. Why do you think Cloud is scum, or more likely to be scum than Gamma? What makes Snarky's lack of content worse than Gamma's? Why is hapahauli top town?

SnarkySnowman: Have you read the stuff on Gamma? Do you think CK is scum, and if so, why?
CloudKicker
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:58 pm

Post by CloudKicker »

just ingore bork
Börk Börk
Börk Börk
Goon
Börk Börk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:05 am

Post by Börk Börk »

I think Cloud is scum because his reasoning for why I'm scum was shitty and sounded fake. Why? Because it basically amounted to picking at wording and at the fact that I posted a post with additional info
right after
a previous one, even though that's basically my posting style. Scumreads picking exclusively at syntax or wording of a few posts are shit and should be ignored.

I think Snarky's lack of posting is worse for a couple of reasons. For one, literally nobody gave a damn D1 and D2, and it's rather surprising that
nobody
noticed. I'd expect at least one person (other than me) to call it out. That slightly hints to me that perhaps his scumbuddy was trying to distract from it, because lurking is normally something noticeable. Secondly, he makes votes, which would give a lot of people the illusion that he's being active and voting, but at the same time he doesn't really push his votes, so he can't be scrutinised that much if whoever he's voting for flips town.

Why are they both worse than Gamma? Firstly, I wouldn't say they're
a lot
worse than him, but I just don't think scum would be that obvious/nonchalant. Like, I just get the impression that he can't be bothered with the game and is half-assing his posts, which makes him kinda lynchbait. I just feel like scum would be making more of an effort to get things done in a setup such as this where being lynchbait as scum is especially bad.
Börk Börk
Börk Börk
Goon
Börk Börk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:05 am

Post by Börk Börk »

In post 734, CloudKicker wrote:just ingore bork
Omfg, seriously? Replace out, go back to 4chan, and never play mafia again. Please :)
Börk Börk
Börk Börk
Goon
Börk Börk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:10 am

Post by Börk Börk »

Why is hapahauli top town?
Whoops, missed this question. Honestly, he's just making more sense than most people in this game.
CloudKicker
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:29 am

Post by CloudKicker »

Can you vote gamma ?
CloudKicker
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
CloudKicker
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:29 am

Post by CloudKicker »

In post 735, Börk Börk wrote:I think Cloud is scum because his reasoning for why I'm scum was shitty and sounded fake. Why? Because it basically amounted to picking at wording and at the fact that I posted a post with additional info
right after
a previous one, even though that's basically my posting style. Scumreads picking exclusively at syntax or wording of a few posts are shit and should be ignored.

I think Snarky's lack of posting is worse for a couple of reasons. For one, literally nobody gave a damn D1 and D2, and it's rather surprising that
nobody
noticed. I'd expect at least one person (other than me) to call it out. That slightly hints to me that perhaps his scumbuddy was trying to distract from it, because lurking is normally something noticeable. Secondly, he makes votes, which would give a lot of people the illusion that he's being active and voting, but at the same time he doesn't really push his votes, so he can't be scrutinised that much if whoever he's voting for flips town.

Why are they both worse than Gamma? Firstly, I wouldn't say they're
a lot
worse than him, but I just don't think scum would be that obvious/nonchalant. Like, I just get the impression that he can't be bothered with the game and is half-assing his posts, which makes him kinda lynchbait. I just feel like scum would be making more of an effort to get things done in a setup such as this where being lynchbait as scum is especially bad.

Noise
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:33 am

Post by Creature »

6 more hours until Gamma is prodded.
Sigh
SnarkySnowman
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:12 am

Post by SnarkySnowman »

I don't actually think cloud kicker is scum, I just hate the hammer on nl yesterday. Yes it was the right move logically BUT also we had SO MUCH TIME to figure things out and then nl.

Gamma wagon irks me a little but it could be scum, I want to think on it for a bit. I don't think the people on it are town but I could be wrong.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:14 am

Post by Creature »

In post 725, JasonWazza wrote:[3] Gamma Emerald: TheSoldier, hapahauli, CloudKicker,
Who do you think is scum there?
Sigh
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:46 am

Post by hapahauli »

In post 741, SnarkySnowman wrote:I don't actually think cloud kicker is scum, I just hate the hammer on nl yesterday. Yes it was the right move logically BUT also we had SO MUCH TIME to figure things out and then nl.

Gamma wagon irks me a little but it could be scum, I want to think on it for a bit. I don't think the people on it are town but I could be wrong.
We're supposed to lynch mafia, not people who make "bad plays." Who is mafia?
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:51 am

Post by hapahauli »

In post 735, Börk Börk wrote:I think Cloud is scum because his reasoning for why I'm scum was shitty and sounded fake. Why? Because it basically amounted to picking at wording and at the fact that I posted a post with additional info
right after
Alright, so you think he has a bad scumread on you. Townies are perfectly capable of making bad scumreads. What makes CK mafia? That his reasoning "sounds fake" to you isn't very convincing to the rest of us.
I think
Snarky's
gamma's
lack of posting is worse for a couple of reasons. For one, literally nobody gave a damn D1 and D2, and it's rather surprising that
nobody

Why are they both worse than
Gamma
snarky?
? Firstly, I wouldn't say they're
a lot
The problem I have with your reads, is that your reasoning for reading Gamma and Snarky scum vs. lynchbait are completely interchangeable.
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:01 am

Post by hapahauli »

In post 737, Börk Börk wrote:
Why is hapahauli top town?
Whoops, missed this question. Honestly, he's just making more sense than most people in this game.
Also, this rationale doesn't make a lot of sense.
1) "Making more sense than most people" doesn't follow with "top town." You called me
top town
, not
townier than most others
2) How can i be making sense according to your viewpoint? I'm voting and pushing someone that is outside of your radar (gamma). Your top two scumreads are CK and Snarky, one of which I'm hard-defending, and another I'm very dismissive of as lynchbait.
If you believe your scumreads, how can I be making sense? I'm almost directly arguing against all of your reads
Börk Börk
Börk Börk
Goon
Börk Börk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:08 am

Post by Börk Börk »

Towner than the others is a term that here is synonymous with top town due to my inability to discern any concrete townreads here. While I don't agree with your arguments, you're actually laying out the points in a believable way for a townie.
Börk Börk
Börk Börk
Goon
Börk Börk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:11 am

Post by Börk Börk »

And CK is mafia because, as I previously stated, I don't care if my argument isn't convincing to you. I'm hoping it'll just convince enough people to lynch him so that we can actually win this game.

And I don't think my reads on Gamma and Snarky are interchangeable. Snarky is trying to give the illusion of effort hidden behind minimal posting. Gamma seems to post more but half-ass the content openly. I don't know how much clearer I can make it.
hapahauli
hapahauli
Goon
hapahauli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:44 am

Post by hapahauli »

In post 747, Börk Börk wrote:And CK is mafia because, as I previously stated, I don't care if my argument isn't convincing to you. I'm hoping it'll just convince enough people to lynch him so that we can actually win this game.
You should probably care, since your options for swinging a lynch are very limited. Let's assume that both you and I are town, and that CK is mafia. Then you'd have to convince all three other townies to vote your case, with no margin for error. That's pretty ambitious. That doesn't even take into account what happens if you're wrong about scum-reads.
And I don't think my reads on Gamma and Snarky are interchangeable. Snarky is trying to give the illusion of effort hidden behind minimal posting. Gamma seems to post more but half-ass the content openly. I don't know how much clearer I can make it.
Yes you keep saying that, by why the distinction? Why is it that you think Snarky's posting is giving the "illusion of effort", whereas Gamma's is genuine? I cannot argue or corroborate with your feelings. Only facts suffice.

I just spent most of the last page arguing why I think the opposite is true. Gamma looks a lot like he's posting for the sake of posting. He's in the thread, has scum-reads, but doesn't push them (and instead pushes other players, like you). He complains about other players methods to push the game forward, and does nothing himself. All this points to Gamma giving the "illusion of effort", while being unhelpful to town.

Snarky is a lurker. How is that illusory? He's not really hiding his lurkiness or prod-dodging. I'm not reading him as town, but knowing his lurker playstyle, I don't have convincing reasons to read him as mafia.

Your opinions are the opposite of mine for reasons you are unable or unwilling to tell me. "Feelings" ain't enough for town to burn a lynch that could potentially win the game right here on the spot.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:46 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Don't rlly know how to respond to the case on me since it just feels rehashed
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”

Return to “Completed Open Games”