Goon
Revan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:56 am

Post by Revan »

Sometime D1 is right now, luckily

I need some information so I can analyze you

Are you still reluctant to answer my second question?

-----
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
―Darth Malak to Revan
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:08 am

Post by lucca261 »

Reading and posting right now. Let's go.
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:09 am

Post by doomfeathers »

VOTE: Sesq

Sesq has posted five times, but has neither generated content nor voted seriously. She seems to be coasting. Friend Computer has done the same.
Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:12 am

Post by Hawk »

In post 77, doomfeathers wrote:VOTE: Sesq

Sesq has posted five times, but has neither generated content nor voted seriously. She seems to be coasting. Friend Computer has done the same.
Why so quick to change the vote.

Inactivity is NAI.

VOTE: Doom
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:15 am

Post by lucca261 »

In post 22, Revan wrote:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my first game where mafia has daytalk, so this is going to be interesting.

UNVOTE:
Already don't like this. It's scummy. Revan just says: hey, look at me, posting facts about this game and contribuiting nothing. other people did this, but his pinged me the wrong way.
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:16 am

Post by doomfeathers »

I thought about what somebody (I think it was wgeurts) said about your play being NAI, and it made sense, so I don't have good reason to scumread you anymore. Voting for inactive players to produce more content is common practice. Also, you were already voting for me. :P
Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:22 am

Post by Hawk »

In post 80, doomfeathers wrote:I thought about what somebody (I think it was wgeurts) said about your play being NAI, and it made sense, so I don't have good reason to scumread you anymore. Voting for inactive players to produce more content is common practice. Also, you were already voting for me. :P
Fair enough I suppose.

Also I know that why do you think I put the vote again?

Also why Sesq and not Friendly then? What about Sesq's few inactive posts tickles your fancy more than Friendlys?
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:24 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 70, wgeurts wrote:
In post 68, mozamis wrote:taking doomfeathers confusion about game mechanics at face value.
seems an unnecessary scum gambit. so he's provisional town.
This is also logically awful.
No it is not. I am talking probabilities, throwing out some really early PROVISIONAL DAY 1 READS. Get a grip.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:25 am

Post by wgeurts »

@Doom post
The best play being known to all makes it less worthwhile, the less scum can get away with and the more they're forced to play at a high standard the harder it gets for them. Full transparency from everyone makes stuff hard for scum. My reason for voting you was outlined in a later post in response to magma by the way.

I'm also a mod on the wiki so I've read all the articles, many are old and apply to a meta no longer applicable. They great stuff to understand how you should be approaching the game, but don't use them as law.
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:26 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 78, Hawk wrote:
In post 77, doomfeathers wrote:VOTE: Sesq

Why so quick to change the vote.

Inactivity is NAI.

VOTE: Doom
Inactivity can be alignment indicative, especially when paired with fluff-posting. Regardless, those not contributing should be pressured.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:27 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 79, lucca261 wrote:
In post 22, Revan wrote:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my first game where mafia has daytalk, so this is going to be interesting.

UNVOTE:
Already don't like this. It's scummy. Revan just says: hey, look at me, posting facts about this game and contribuiting nothing. other people did this, but his pinged me the wrong way.
A few others have done this, thoughts?

How scummy would you say it is on aa scale of 1-10?
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:28 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 28, Hawk wrote:No need to delve that deeply into a person's statement so early.
QFT.
Though its the old stroy, peoples reactions to doomfeather might be valuable.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:29 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 81, Hawk wrote:
In post 80, doomfeathers wrote:I thought about what somebody (I think it was wgeurts) said about your play being NAI, and it made sense, so I don't have good reason to scumread you anymore. Voting for inactive players to produce more content is common practice. Also, you were already voting for me. :P
Fair enough I suppose.

Also why Sesq and not Friendly then? What about Sesq's few inactive posts tickles your fancy more than Friendlys?
Hawk, explain your votes instead of asking other to. That's too easy.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:29 am

Post by doomfeathers »

Hawk wrote:
In post 80, doomfeathers wrote:Fair enough I suppose.

I guess you were attempting to intimidate me. It's not really important.

It was mostly just that I had to pick one, and Friendly already has a vote.
wgeurts wrote:@Doom post
The best play being known to all makes it less worthwhile, the less scum can get away with and the more they're forced to play at a high standard the harder it gets for them. Full transparency from everyone makes stuff hard for scum. My reason for voting you was outlined in a later post in response to magma by the way.

I'm also a mod on the wiki so I've read all the articles, many are old and apply to a meta no longer applicable. They great stuff to understand how you should be approaching the game, but don't use them as law.
Ooh, that makes a lot of sense. Thank you much for explaining that and the article usage!

For the record, I think early analysis produces valuable content. Waiting to produce content until later will just produce the same content over more time.
doomfeathers
doomfeathers
Goon
doomfeathers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:30 am

Post by doomfeathers »

^ Wgeurts's quote isn't supposed to be inside Hawk's.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:30 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 82, mozamis wrote:
In post 70, wgeurts wrote:
In post 68, mozamis wrote:taking doomfeathers confusion about game mechanics at face value.
seems an unnecessary scum gambit. so he's provisional town.
This is also logically awful.
No it is not. I am talking probabilities, throwing out some really early PROVISIONAL DAY 1 READS. Get a grip.
He's a new guy, as scum he may think it's a really clever play and it's often seen, as town he may just be being honest.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:31 am

Post by mozamis »

wguerts post 39 is town. thinking about the game,wanting to discuss the game, actively engaged. All the things scum tend to avoid.
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:34 am

Post by lucca261 »

In post 27, MagnaofIllusion wrote: ...VOTE: Doomfeathers

On a page 2 basis my vote was going to go to either wg or Doom.

Doom got my vote for . It’s a suspect post coming on the heels of . They are trying to sell two different points of view in too short a time period.

9 says “I am on the ball and am paying attention to the rules” specifically be related to votes being symbolic at that point.

14 on the other hand is peddling both “I’m a newb and don’t get the mechanics” and “I’m not Mafia guys”, the second of which Ultimate picked up on. I’ve seen newer players drop the “I don’t understand the set-up so I’m Town” tell before in other Open set-ups like Jungle Republic so I probably would have voted on that basis alone for early game.

But Doom has enough games on site to understand how the Mafia are going to get the kills they need – mislynches. Basis Mafia101. So the dueling subtext shown of his posts strike me as someone uncomfortable with the early game and looking for footing to get comfortable. The "This is OMGUS" joke is another element I think shows him working to get footing.

Wg would have gotten my vote for but Doom was a stronger vote for this early.

--
In post 23, wgeurts wrote:I've played nightless before, scum wins only if the town becomes apathetic. Don't spam but don't disappear or lurk either.
Actually Scum wins when they are able to earn Town reads in Nightless games since there is no pressure (or in this case significantly lower pressure due to the 2 Daykills) to have to justify why they are so Town read and still alive. With posts like this which on the surface look Pro-Town but mainly empty of actual helpful content.

--
Meh. Don't like this. You have a point about scum trying to posts that on the surface look Pro-Town but have no helpful content.

I feel like this post is just like this:

It's just you overly analysing things to try and look town, look that you are scumhunting. You can find scum that early. But posting this big explanations of why this is scum and why this is town so early makes me think you are just trying to look like the strong analytic town member, instead of being it.

Also don't like you saying that Doom is a stronger vote than Wguerts right now. It feels like you're going at the weaker targets.
In post 29, doomfeathers wrote:
In post 14, doomfeathers wrote:I'm a little confused about the mechanics. How do the Mafia kill more than two people with no night phase and only two daykills?
Not knowing the rules didn't affect my PM, and getting a sum role wouldn't have explained them to me. This doesn't count as (real or faked) evidence of townishness. Sorry. (Maybe I should have asked somebody about gameplay first, but I figured this was a good place to find out.)

The reason I'm confused is that, without a nightkill, a game ending with one scum and one townie left alive would never end because lynching is the only means of death at that point (assuming scum have used both their kills). How is this situation resolved?
Everything that you post counts as evidence of townishness or scumness, no matter how weak it is.
In post 33, wgeurts wrote:
In post 28, Hawk wrote:Not particularly Magna. Not at this time anyway. It's already been pointed out and noted. I neither like nor dislike what Doom said and would rather see other peoples reactions and reasoning before anything else because to me it just reads rather Null... I don't feel like reading into it too much because you get into a WIFOM argument about why he would say this.

No need to delve that deeply into a person's statement so early. Honestly the heavy evaluation of P1 by you makes me actually think you're trying too hard if you want to know honestly. But I've never played nightless so it may just be the setup changing the pace of the game.
Isn't delving into people's statements what gets the ball rolling? Pressure early on is good. Magna's post isn't town or scum I'd say right now, as town have just as much incentive to try and create content as scum do. If anything, scum may let the game go it's own way for a while and not intervene as to avoid attention and let the town go on a bit of a wild-goose chase. This is so in every game, not specifically this setup only.
And scum may be scumread for lurking. It's all perspective. I think Magna post was scummy for trying to create a lot of content where there isn't.
In post 37, doomfeathers wrote:
In post 24, Friend Computer wrote:
Lynch: Ultimate Despair

@Doomfeathers:
LYNCH.
I'm not quite sure what you're saying here. Are you wanting to lynch me and Ultimate Despair, or are you voting for Ultimate Despair and asking me to join you?
In post 23, wgeurts wrote:I've played nightless before, scum wins only if the town becomes apathetic. Don't spam but don't disappear or lurk either.
In post 27, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Actually Scum wins when they are able to earn Town reads in Nightless games since there is no pressure (or in this case significantly lower pressure due to the 2 Daykills) to have to justify why they are so Town read and still alive.
In post 32, wgeurts wrote:Also what you say about winning town reads is true, however it's risky to go for too much town credit early on as the lack of day-kill on them stands out. There's always the element of WiFoM involved though. It also works as a double-edged sword, if the town can form a bloc then they're able to put a lot of pressure on scum as well.
Why are you guys so interested in scum's best play? To me, this looks like a great way to appear townie by refuge in audacity. Also, wgeurts seems to be hinting that we should form a bloc, which makes me suspicious.

VOTE: wgeurts

That said, thanks! I get how the game works now.
Hawk wrote:
In post 31, Revan wrote:VOTE: Hawk

My name isn't misspelled.
OMGUS look at this scum right here!!

That asside is it a reference to someone is the old Extended universe? I like Star Wars but never really got into the books.
This is completely irrelevant to the game. It reads to me as if you're trying to pick an argument with someone to waste game time by purposely misspelling words in an argument about spelling and asking purposeless questions that could be answered with five seconds on Google. Why are you acting as if it's still RVS?

FOS Hawk
So you're voting Wguerts, then fosing Hawk, both for weird and made-up reasons on the same post. That makes me feel you're trying to throw shit at the wall and see what sticks. Don't like this. I feel that's what newbie scum would do on this situation, without a night kill.
In post 44, Friend Computer wrote:To Doomfeathers, I was making a joke; I knew I couldn't vote, so I did that.

And I was answering your question.

Vote: Doomfeathers

For being confusing.
Where he was being confusing? Being purposely vague is not townplay.
In post 48, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 47, Friend Computer wrote:Well, to be honest, we are kinda still in RVS...
To loosely quote Homer Simpson ...

"Friend Computer RVS is make believe like elves, gremlins and eskimos"

Every post is a part of the game. Just because it is early it doesn't mean you are exempt from being assessed in what you post. In your case it was specifically a poorly justified hop onto the solidly leading wagon on Doom.

Thus you get my vote for it.

Problem?
Like this more from Magna. Feels like he is actually trying to process stuff, instead of over analysing things to appear town.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:35 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 57, Sesq wrote:Anyway, since I think it's ""officially"" day 1 i'll reconfirm vote on VOTE: doomfeathers
This worries me a bit.
It could be scum using the non day 1 start as an excuse to jump on the doom wagon.
First vote worthy thing I've seen (yes, Hawk, Doom, Wguerts are all town.)

VOTE SESQ
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:37 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 77, doomfeathers wrote:Sesq has posted five times, but has neither generated content nor voted seriously. She seems to be coasting. Friend Computer has done the same.
Nice catch.
Lets keep an eye on 'em.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:41 am

Post by wgeurts »

Town |wgeurts|
Weak Town |Magna|
Slightly Weaker Town |UD|
Null Town |Doom, Hawk|
Null Scum |Revan|
Slightly Scum |sesq, FC|
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:41 am

Post by wgeurts »

VOTE: Sesq
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:43 am

Post by wgeurts »

Lucca, in what way am I not doing what you say magna is doing? Big analysis trying to look pro-town?
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:43 am

Post by mozamis »

Ok so Magna, Wgeurts, Hawk, Doom prob town.
Lucca just sloghtly less so, but looks town.
Anyone else could be scum.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:45 am

Post by wgeurts »

Lucca I'm hesitant to put in the town pile right now, I need some interactions and more content.
"
" -
Davsto

"
" -
DeathRowKitty

Return to “Completed Open Games”