CloudKicker was killed Night 4. He was a
Town Cop
texcat was lynched Day 5. She was a
Town Cop
Transcend was killed Night 5. He was a
Town Doctor
PenguinPower was lynched Day 6. He was a
Mafia Goon

Welcome to Diffusion of Power! For those unfamiliar with the setup, check out that link.

- This setup features a
10/3
split of
town
/
mafia
- Every town player will be either a Doctor or a Cop, with their ability only working on their assigned Night [from 1-5].
- The
mafia
will, in their Private Topic, be provided with the number of Doctors and Cops assigned to the
town
. There will be either a 4/6, 5/5, or 6/4 spread.

Role PMs:

Spoiler:
Mafia GoonWelcome, [Player Name]. You are a
Mafia Goon
, along with your partners, [Player Name] and [Player Name].
Abilities:

Factional communication
: At any time you may talk with your partners here [Private Topic link].
Factional kill
: Each night phase, one of you or your partner may perform the factional kill. You may privately message the mod, or post your bolded choice in the PT.
Setup Information
: You know that there are exactly X number of Docs in the game and Y number of Cops.
Win condition:

You win when all members of the
town
have been eliminated or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Town DoctorWelcome, [Player Name], you are a
Town Night-X Doctor
Abilities:

On Night X, you may protect one player in the game from being nightkilled.
Win condition:

You win when all threats to the
town
have been eliminated.

Town CopWelcome, [Player Name], you are a
Town Night-X Cop
Abilities:

On Night Y, you may investigate one player in the game.
Win condition:

You win when all threats to the
town
have been eliminated.
Last edited by Not Chara on Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:26 am, edited 48 times in total.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:48 pm

Post by Not Chara »

Rules

0.1 - I might make changes to the rules as the game progresses, and will publicly announce doing so.

1 - Day/Night Phases:

1.1 - Each Day phase will be 2 weeks long. Each Night will be 2 days.
1.2 - If all living players say yes, I'll cut any Night phase short.
1.3 - Twilight will begin when a majority vote is reached, and continue until I lock the thread. All players, including those lynched, may speak until then.
1.4 - Any night actions submitted after the night deadline will
not
count, even if I have not yet processed night actions.
1.5 - If you have a night action and don't intend to use it for whatever reason, please let me know. This isn't required.

2 - Voting and Lynching:

2.1 - A simple majority refers to half of the living players + 1, rounded down. (For example, 5 votes to lynch at 9 players alive)
2.2 - Additional votes/unvotes will not be accepted after the lynch is reached, or the Day phase deadline is met.
2.3 - Only votes in vote tags or properly bolded will be accepted. Such as: VOTE: Not Chara or
Vote: Not Chara
2.4 - Votes without a colon, such as
Vote Not Chara
, will not be accepted. The same goes for ambiguous votes or votes where the player's name is not made clear.

3 - Player Conduct:

3.1 - Slurs/abusive insults/any form of harrassment dealing with a player's gender, nationality, beliefs, etc. will not be tolerated.
3.2 - Mafia is a game where players can get heated without meaning to. I'll account for this to a point.
3.3 - Play to your win-condition. Game-throwing or otherwise playing against this will result in punishment.
3.4 - All forms of out-of-game communication are not allowed. Please ask me if you have any questions on this, and inform me or a List Mod if a player contacts you about this game privately.
3.5 - Do
not
talk about or mention ongoing games, even vaguely. See this thread.
3.6 - This is a game! Have fun, and be civil.
3.7 - If you have any questions/issues, PM me or post in bold in the thread. If you have complaints about a fellow player, please message privately.

4 - Activity:

4.1 - At least one post every 48 hours is required. More is recommended.
4.2 - Prod dodges/otherwise empty posts will not count towards this requirement.
4.3 - A player who fails to post within this timeframe will be prodded. I may also prod players on request, but it depends.
4.4 - Three prods are grounds for force-replacement, as is failing to respond to one. Player-requested prods will not count towards this limit.
4.5 - If you anticipate being unable to make these requirements, remember to declare V/LA.

5 - Setup:

5.1 - The mafia have daytalk. See the first post for more information.
Last edited by Not Chara on Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:49 pm

Post by Not Chara »

The game is currently in pregame, and role PMs are being sent out. The game will begin when 11/13 players have confirmed.

EDIT: All PMs are now sent. All players confirmed.
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:55 pm

Post by Not Chara »

VC 1.0
Day 1 Start

Not Voting [13]
: Pepchoninga, Blawb, Transcend, Persivul, aronagrundy, ssbm_Kyouko, chilledtea, DiamondSentinel, Necta, texcat, Subutai, Creature, KTthecreeper

13 players alive, 7 votes to lynch.
Day 1 ends in (expired on 2017-02-02 22:57:38).
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Subutai
Subutai
Townie
Subutai
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:10 pm

Post by Subutai »

First!

VOTE: Creature
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:24 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

Second!
VOTE: Subutai
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:27 pm

Oh, by the way, how many cops and doctors are there?

Anyone know?
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:30 pm

Also, I've done some analyzing of the 5 previous games listed. The ultimate difference between the town win and the scum wins is the trust the town had.

As such, I propose that, once a cop gains a result, they immediately reveal. In all 5 games, not a single kill was blocked, so there's no reason to beat around the bush with that. Therefore, we should just be completely open about what happens.
“Why was I chosen?'
KTthecreeper
KTthecreeper
Goon
KTthecreeper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:32 pm

Post by KTthecreeper »

In post 7, DiamondSentinel wrote:Also, I've done some analyzing of the 5 previous games listed. The ultimate difference between the town win and the scum wins is the trust the town had.

As such, I propose that, once a cop gains a result, they immediately reveal. In all 5 games, not a single kill was blocked, so there's no reason to beat around the bush with that. Therefore, we should just be completely open about what happens.
I agree

also the last time I did this a MG claimed he was a daycop with scum result on me and I got lynched so if that happens again I'll probably quit mafia

also RVS

I'll do a RVS vote next post
KTthecreeper
KTthecreeper
Goon
KTthecreeper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:37 pm

Post by KTthecreeper »

VOTE: texcat I recognize the name so that means scum
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:37 pm

In post 8, KTthecreeper wrote:
In post 7, DiamondSentinel wrote:Also, I've done some analyzing of the 5 previous games listed. The ultimate difference between the town win and the scum wins is the trust the town had.

I agree

also the last time I did this a MG claimed he was a daycop with scum result on me and I got lynched so if that happens again I'll probably quit mafia

also RVS

No daycops, so don't worry about that.
“Why was I chosen?'
KTthecreeper
KTthecreeper
Goon
KTthecreeper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:42 pm

Post by KTthecreeper »

In post 10, DiamondSentinel wrote:

I agree

also RVS

the problem was it was this setup and I said he obviously scum since he fakeclaimed a role that wasn't on the list

then they lynched me for "scummy reaction"

I stopped playing on this site for a while after that

but on to the topic

we need more than 3 people to post to have stuff to talk about ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:43 pm

In post 11, KTthecreeper wrote:

I agree

also RVS

the problem was it was this setup and I said he obviously scum since he fakeclaimed a role that wasn't on the list

but on to the topic

Meh.

Give it a bit. People will flock in and lynch me for my scummy suggestion.
“Why was I chosen?'
Blawb
Blawb
Goon
Blawb
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:50 pm

Post by Blawb »

Checking in.
In post 12, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 11, KTthecreeper wrote:

I agree

also RVS

but on to the topic

Meh.

Give it a bit. People will flock in and lynch me for my scummy suggestion.
Sounds good to me. ;)

VOTE: Diamond
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:01 pm

Post by Transcend »

1. I tr Diamond

2. I'm not lynching Kyouko today even if he scum slips

3. I'm flipping a coin. Heads means i tell the truth about my role, tails means i lie.

Doc.

4. VOTE: Creature
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:06 pm

Post by Transcend »

Ranger saved MURDERCAT in the previous DoP i played, hosted by davesaz.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:07 pm

In post 15, Transcend wrote:

Ranger saved MURDERCAT in the previous DoP i played, hosted by davesaz.
Hmm, ok. I was just reading the 5 on the wiki, none of which include that one.

But my point still stands. A doctor's only real power is the threat of them not being able to kill the most obv!town slots. They rarely actually do anything, entirely because of that threat.
“Why was I chosen?'
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:48 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

O sup nerds and Transcend

Beware of the blob, it creeps, and leaps, and slides and glides across the floor, right through the door and all around the wall, a splotch, a blotch, be careful of the blob

VOTE: Blawb
She/Her - limited access on nights and weekends

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
The day senpai noticed me^
Subutai
Subutai
Townie
Subutai
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:17 pm

Post by Subutai »

I think this is the optimal strategy here. Once a cop gets a result, he should out that result and should give us two confirmed townies (the cop + the person he copped).

I wonder if the best strategy here is to no lynch and play follow the cop. Does that work in this set up?
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:29 pm

Post by Transcend »

no
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:41 pm

In post 18, Subutai wrote:

I think this is the optimal strategy here. Once a cop gets a result, he should out that result and should give us two confirmed townies (the cop + the person he copped).

I wonder if the best strategy here is to no lynch and play follow the cop. Does that work in this set up?
You're wrong on 2 accounts.

First off, you're assuming that scum won't fakeclaim cop and give a fake result.
Secondly, no-lynching is never a good idea. By letting the scum dictate the kills, you lose powerful town players. So let's not no-lynch.
“Why was I chosen?'
KTthecreeper
KTthecreeper
Goon
KTthecreeper
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:44 pm

Post by KTthecreeper »

In post 18, Subutai wrote:

The problem is then we have scum fakeclaiming as cop with results
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:03 pm

Post by Transcend »

tr sub

leantown kyouko
Pepchoninga