Open 675: Pick Your Power X/Y (Game Over!)

aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Open 675: Pick Your Power X/Y (Game Over!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:36 pm

Post by aronagrundy »

Open 675: Pick Your Power X/Y

Playerlist

Titus
Lil Uzi Vert

Dunnstral
schadd_*
gigabyteTroubadour
PenguinPower*
WhemePlay
Killthestory*
davesaz
nancy**
alban

bangthemafia
Spade_Ace*
Cloudkicker
Transcend

Prince Lyon
momo
Persivul

Living Players

Spoiler:
nancy,
Mafia Goon
, survived to the end and won!
bangthemafia,
Mafia Roleblocker
Prince Lyon,
Mafia Goon

Dead Players

Spoiler:
gigabyteTroubadour,
Vanilla Townie
, died in the endgame
Cloudkicker,
Vanilla Townie
, died in the endgame
Dunnstral,
Vanilla Townie
, died in the endgame
Titus,
Town Tracker
, died in the endgame
Killthestory,
Town Night 3 Vigilante
, lynched Day 4
davesaz,
Town 1-Shot Watcher
, killed Night 3
PenguinPower,
Town Neighborizer
, lynched Day 3
schadd_,
Town Cop
, killed Night 2
Spade_Ace,
Vanilla Townie
, lynched Day 2
WhemePlay,
Town Tracker
, killed Night 1
momo,
Vanilla Townie
, lynched Day 1

Important Links

Game Events

Day 1 Start
Night 1 Start
Day 2 Start
Night 2 Start
Day 3 Start
Night 3 Start
Day 4 Start
Endgame

Vote Counts

1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16
2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 2.9 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13
3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3
4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 4.6 4.7 4.8
Last edited by aronagrundy on Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 75 times in total.
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:46 pm

Post by aronagrundy »

Rules

General Rules

1. All site-wide rules apply.
2. I will use
this color (#FF00BF)
for in-game communications. Please do not use it.
3. Do not directly quote any communications, or any technical elements of those communications (like PM timestamps) with the moderator outside of the game thread. You may paraphrase.
4. Do not use any type of encryption or hidden text.
5. Editing or otherwise manipulating your posts in this thread (if you have such power) is not allowed.
6. Be civil to each other. This is a game of manipulation; feelings may be hurt, but I will take action if discussion becomes too personal in nature.
7. In particular, hate speech or any type of language derogatory toward specific classes of people will not be tolerated.
8. Do not discuss ongoing games.
9. Do not communicate with other players about the game outside of the game thread.
10. Repeated or egregious instances of breaking the rules may result in a force replacement or modkill. Let's not test my limits!
11. If you have any questions about the rules, PM me.

Voting/Action Mechanics

1. Day phases will last two weeks, or 14 days.
2. Night phases will last two days.
3. I will count votes formatted via vote tags (VOTE: aronagrundy) or via bold font and a colon (
vote: aronagrundy
).
4. Regarding misspellings and nicknames for users, I will use my own discretion when counting votes.
5. If you do not wish to lynch, you may make a vote via the approved formatting for "no lynch."
6. When a majority (half of the number of living players, plus one, rounded down to the nearest whole number) of votes is achieved, that player will be lynched (or no lynch will occur if the votes were for "no lynch").
7. If a majority of votes on any one player is not achieved by the deadline, there will be no lynch for the day.
8. All living players, including the lynchee, may post in twilight.
9. I will attempt to post vote counts regularly, depending on the activity level. If you would like me to post a vote count, PM me or request (in bold) in the thread.
10. All players with night actions may submit their action via a factional PT, if they have one, or by sending me a PM, if they do not have a factional PM.
11. Any individual mafia member may not use a power and submit a nightkill during a single night.
12. Night actions will be resolved in the following order:
  • -Commuting
    -PGO Activation
    -Roleblocking
    -Redirecting
    -Protecting
    -Killing
    -Investigating
Activity Guidelines

1. If a player goes 48 hours without posting during the day phase, they will receive a prod.
2. If a player goes 24 hours without responding to a prod, they will be force-replaced.
3. If a player meets the requirements for a third prod, they will be force-replaced.
4. You are allowed to request deadline extensions, which I will grant, under certain circumstances (like a replacement happening toward the deadline), at my discretion.
5. Do not abuse prod-dodging. Real-life factors should always be your priority, but overuse of prod-dodging among the playerbase will result in a zero-tolerance policity toward prod-dodging, at my discretion.
6. If, for whatever reason, you find yourself unable to meet the activity requirements for a short amount of time, or there are specific times during the week in which you are unavailable, PM me to go on V/LA. I will not acknowledge V/LA requests made in the thread.
7. Things come up. If you find yourself overwhelmed or anticipate being unable to post for long periods of time, consider replacing out. No shame!

Setup Mechanics

1. Pick Your Power X/Y (see the wiki for a more detailed description) is a semi-open setup, containing 11 town and 3 mafia, in which roles are chosen by the players via a draft.
2. Players will first receive a PM containing their alignment. They are to respond to this PM with a whole number greater than 0 (1, 2, 3, etc.) which will determine their place in the draft.
3. The player with the lowest unique number will choose their role first; however, all numbers chosen by multiple players (i.e., not unique) will be given priority after unique numbers, regardless of value.
4. Among non-unique numbers, all numbers chosen in duplicate (i.e., two players choosing 3) will be given priority over all numbers chosen in triplicate (i.e., three players choosing 2), which will be given priority over all numbers chosen in quadruplicate, and so on.
5. If there are different sets of duplicate numbers (i.e., two players choose 3 and two players choose 5), the lower duplicate set takes priority. Same goes for triplicate sets, and so on.
6. Within sets of duplicate, triplicate, etc. numbers (i.e., within the two players choosing 3), the draft order will be chosen randomly.
7. Once all numbers are received, I will publish the draft order in the game thread and PM all players to send me their choice of role slot.
8. There are 8 binary role slots (i.e., Night 3 Vigilante or Vengeful). Players will bid for slots. Only one role within each binary slot will be assigned. The slots will be described in greater detail in the following post.
9. All roles can be chosen by either town or mafia.
10. If you do not win a role slot in the draft, your role will be Vanilla Townie (if town) or Mafia Goon (if mafia).
11. Mafia may communicate freely via PT throughout the entire bidding phase (i.e., upon receipt of their alignment PM), during the day phases, and during the night phases.
12. If you have a question about the game mechanics, please refer to the wiki before PMing me. It explains it better than I can (and gives examples!).

Win Conditions

1. Town wins when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.
2. Mafia wins when they obtain a majority or there is nothing that can prevent this from happening.
Last edited by aronagrundy on Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:13 pm

Post by aronagrundy »

Role Information

Possible Roles

As I mentioned, only one role within each slot can be assigned. Listed are the possible role slot PMs (pasted from the wiki). Upon receipt of the PM, you may choose your role among the two given:

Spoiler: Night 3 Vigilante OR Vengeful
Sample Role PMHello [playername]!

Congratulations, you have won the Night 3 Vigilante OR Vengeful Role. Please specify before D1 starts which role you'd like to be.

Abilities:

-Night 3 Vigilante: On Night 3 only, you may select a player in the game to nightkill.
-Vengeful: If you are lynched, you may select a player in the game to vengekill before the game goes to night.

Spoiler: 1-Shot Vigilante OR 1-Shot Paranoid Gun Owner

Congratulations, you have won the 1-Shot Vigilante OR 1-Shot Paranoid Gun Owner Role. Please specify before D1 starts which role you'd like to be.

Abilities:

-1-Shot Vigilante: On one night of your choice, you may select a player in the game to nightkill.
-1-Shot Paranoid Gun Owner: On one night of your choice, you may elect to "arm" yourself. If you do, you kill anyone who targets you that night.

Spoiler: Cop OR 1-Shot Redirector

Congratulations, you have won the Cop OR 1-Shot Redirector Role. Please specify before D1 starts which role you'd like to be.

Abilities:

-Cop: Each night, you may investigate one player in the game and learn their alignment.
-1-Shot Redirector: On one night of your choice, you may select a player to "redirect". If they are using an action that night, they will be redirected to another player of your choice.

Spoiler: 1-Shot Commuter OR 1-Shot Watcher

Congratulations, you have won the 1-Shot Commuter OR 1-Shot Watcher Role. Please specify before D1 starts which role you'd like to be.

Abilities:

-1-Shot Commuter: On one night of your choice, you may elect to "commute", which will render you immune to all actions on that night.
-1-Shot Watcher: On one night of your choice, you may watch a player of your choice and learn who targeted them (if anyone).

Spoiler: Doctor OR Roleblocker

Congratulations, you have won the Doctor OR Roleblocker Role. Please specify before D1 starts which role you'd like to be.

Abilities:

-Doctor: Each night, you may select a player in the game to protect from one nightkill.
-Roleblocker: Each night, you may select a player in the game to roleblock. This will prevent them from using an action.

Spoiler: Universal Backup OR Role Cop

Congratulations, you have won the Universal Backup OR Role Cop Role. Please specify before D1 starts which role you'd like to be.

Abilities:

-Universal Backup: After the first power role has died, you will inherit their role. If the first roles to die are multiple people at night, you will inherit one of those roles randomly.
-Role Cop: Each night, you may investigate one player in the game and learn their role. Mafia Goons and Vanilla Townies will both investigate as Vanilla.

Spoiler: Neighborizer OR Fruit Vendor

Congratulations, you have won the Neighborizer OR Fruit Vendor Role. Please specify before D1 starts which role you'd like to be.

Abilities:

-Neighborizer: Each night, you may create a neighbourhood with another player in the game. You will now have access to a quicktopic thread with this player for use at any time.
-Fruit Vendor: Each night, you may target a player in the game and give them a piece of fruit. The fruit does nothing.

Spoiler: Jailkeeper OR Tracker

Congratulations, you have won the Jailkeeper OR Tracker Role. Please specify before D1 starts which role you'd like to be.

Abilities:

-Jailkeeper: Each night, you may choose to "Jailkeep" someone, which will simultaneously protect them from one nightkill and roleblock them.
-Tracker: Each night, you may select a player in the game to track. You will find out who they targeted that night (if anyone).

Base Role PMs

If you do not win a slot in the draft, you will be assigned Vanilla Townie (if town) or Mafia Goon (if mafia). These role PMs are listed below:

Spoiler: Vanilla Townie

You did not win a role slot in the draft. You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

-Your weapon is your vote. You have no night actions.

Win Condition

-You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

Spoiler: Mafia Goon

You did not win a role slot in the draft. You are a
Mafia Goon

Abilities:

-Factional communication: At any time you may communicate with your partners here: [link].
-Factional kill: Each night phase, one of you or your partners may perform the factional kill. Please note that the player who submits the night kill may not submit another night action.

Win Condition:

-You win when the mafia obtain a majority or nothing can prevent this from happening.
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:38 pm

Post by aronagrundy »

Sending out alignment PMs currently. The draft will be published, and you may begin to submit role selections, when I have received a draft number from every player. Please respond within 48 hours or you will be force-replaced and may forfeit your slot's placement on the draft.

Update: All alignment PMs have been sent out. So far 14/14 have submitted a number.
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:45 am

Post by aronagrundy »

All players have submitted a draft number. The full draft result has been published below. All instances of multiple people picking the same number have been resolved via random.org.

2 schadd_
4 WhemePlay
5 Titus
Lil Uzi Vert

7 Spade_Ace
16 momo
Persivul

3 PenguinPower
3 bangthemafia
10 gigabyteTroubadour
10 nancy
alban

1 Prince Lyon
1 Dunnstral
1 Cloudkicker
Transcend

1 davesaz
1 killthestory

Draft PMs are being sent out currently.

Update: All Draft PMs have been sent out. Please respond with your role slot selection within (expired on 2017-02-16 17:57:38)

So far I have responses from 14/14.
Last edited by aronagrundy on Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:15 pm

Post by aronagrundy »

Everyone has sent in a preference (and the countdown expired) so I will now be sending out the draft results. A response to this PM will be treated as confirmation. When 14/14 players confirm (by nature of the role selection), the game will begin.

Update: all PMs have been sent out. So far 14/14 have confirmed. Please respond within (expired on 2017-02-18 20:42:38)
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:22 pm

Post by aronagrundy »

Everyone has confirmed. I will send out final role PMs to everyone just so that you have them and then the game will begin.
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:59 pm

Post by aronagrundy »

Thanks for the cooperation everyone. The game has begun and Day 1 has started!

Vote Count 1.0
Not Voting (14):
alban, bangthemafia, davesaz, Dunnstral, gigabyteTroubadour, killthestory, Lil Uzi Vert, PenguinPower, Persivul, Prince Lyon, schadd_, Spade_Ace, Transcend, WhemePlay

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. Day ends in (expired on 2017-03-04 02:03:00).
Last edited by aronagrundy on Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:06 pm

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

In post 4905, Dunnstral wrote:I picked
and I was
town
In post 4, aronagrundy wrote:
1 Dunnstral
In post 153, Dunnstral wrote:If I were scum my team would have picked the numbers 1, 2, and 10 exactly and we'd take both vig shots and the neighborizer (yep

VOTE: dunnstral

i'm honestly shook tho dunn i thought you were picking 2 100% of the time and it's why i didn't lol </3

although i didnt know we could pick any number otherwise i would have gone with 1917
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:06 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Hey guys :)

What's shaking?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:06 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

VOTE: Arona
Prince Lyon
Prince Lyon
Goon
Prince Lyon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:07 pm

Post by Prince Lyon »

In this darkness, I will find peace.

VOTE: schadd_
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:36 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 8, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 4905, Dunnstral wrote:I picked
and I was
town
In post 4, aronagrundy wrote:
1 Dunnstral
In post 153, Dunnstral wrote:If I were scum my team would have picked the numbers 1, 2, and 10 exactly and we'd take both vig shots and the neighborizer (yep

VOTE: dunnstral

i'm honestly shook tho dunn i thought you were picking 2 100% of the time and it's why i didn't lol </3

although i didnt know we could pick any number otherwise i would have gone with 1917
omg
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:37 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

really though do you guys think scum picked 1 multiple times? this amount of 1 picks is suspect
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:37 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 8, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:i'm honestly shook tho dunn i thought you were picking 2 100% of the time and it's why i didn't lol </3
2 never works out for me
WhemePlay
WhemePlay
Goon
WhemePlay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:39 pm

Post by WhemePlay »

In post 11, Prince Lyon wrote:In this darkness, I will find peace.

VOTE: schadd_
I am a little pissed but considering .....

VOTE: Prince Lyon
Srceenplay Whemestar

Do u know da wae
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:41 pm

Dunnstral wrote:really though do you guys think scum picked 1 multiple times? this amount of 1 picks is suspect
dunno. 1 is kind of a number i'm not shocked to see a lot of people pick so i haven't really thought much about it

it's something to look at later in the game imo

also gotcha on two
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

Prince Lyon
Prince Lyon
Goon
Prince Lyon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:41 pm

Post by Prince Lyon »

VOTE: Spade_Ace

I'm thinking that scum are more likely to pick a higher number like that since they don't feel as personally driven to get PRs.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:43 pm

In post 17, Prince Lyon wrote:VOTE: Spade_Ace

I'm thinking that scum are more likely to pick a higher number like that since they don't feel as personally driven to get PRs.
Then why vote for schadd_ first?

also in both pyps i've played scum generally did pick higher numbers

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:43 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 16, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
Dunnstral wrote:really though do you guys think scum picked 1 multiple times? this amount of 1 picks is suspect
dunno. 1 is kind of a number i'm not shocked to see a lot of people pick so i haven't really thought much about it

it's something to look at later in the game imo

also gotcha on two
let's lynch outside the 1's today
WhemePlay
WhemePlay
Goon
WhemePlay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:46 pm

Post by WhemePlay »

1 vote should be a policy lynch, right?
Srceenplay Whemestar

Do u know da wae
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:46 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 20, WhemePlay wrote:1 vote should be a policy lynch, right?
Huh?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:47 pm

hwhat

also dunn i don't really know if i want to make arbitrary decisions like that before sorting the entire playerlist. like that's a bad call if two 1s are scum

i can vibe with that later in the day i guess

WhemePlay
WhemePlay
Goon
WhemePlay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:47 pm

Post by WhemePlay »

In post 21, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
Huh?
Srceenplay Whemestar

Do u know da wae
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:48 pm

wheme that doesn't help what do you mean by "1 vote"

everyone has one vote...?

Return to “Completed Open Games”