Open 682: Watchmen Wanted -- Game Over Some People Won!!

Unknown1234
Unknown1234
Goon
Unknown1234
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2250 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:35 pm

Post by Unknown1234 »

Anything upcoming I should sign for? :P
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2251 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:37 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2248, Aubrey wrote:Math just for the record, I'm not trying to berate, skold, and bitch you out here. I respect you trying to create the most fair and best environment possible for ppl to play the game. I really do. I've made some questionable calls, and had similar issues with players not happy with what occurred as mod before as well, offsite. You have to make the best call that you think is needed for the game. I just don't think that was the best call regarding our issue, and as a player, I feel obligated to explain my displeasure to you for you to consider in future games you decide mod.

Thank you for modding this game, and I hope you don't feel discouraged in modding future games. I still think maybe a experienced co mod might be a good idea for your next modding experience, but that is your call.
I have acknowledged it and also discussed with one list mod one thing and another list mod another.

I was not in a vacuum this game. They gave feedback and I made the calls.

If you wish to discuss it further please feel free to PM me as I do not wish to cut you off. At the same time this may not be the right place for this.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2252 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:39 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2250, Unknown1234 wrote:Anything upcoming I should sign for? :P
To be honest not for a while.

Based on how I was treated over PMs I am not looking forward to another game. Maybe later on when I am not so jaded. And this is not calling out anyone in particular just having shit blow up on my birthday and a few other things and people demanding things (some of which imho inappropriate) left right and center well I kinda not sure if I want to.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2253 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:41 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I never knew mods went through that kind of shit and well I can't say I like it tbh.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2254 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:42 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

This is the exception, modding, especially opens, is generally pretty smooth
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Unknown1234
Unknown1234
Goon
Unknown1234
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2255 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:45 pm

Post by Unknown1234 »

Not Mafia, I still can't get why you pushed him over the top.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2256 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:51 pm

Post by Aubrey »

I don't think that'll be necessary Math. I've said my peace, and you said yours. I see the rainclouds above your head, and only wish I could blow them away now. :?
Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2257 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:53 pm

Post by Hawk »

Hey guys if any of you want to I'm probably going to In for stacked deck. I'd love to play with any of you again if possible, so if you guys want that's the next game I'm joining.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2258 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:29 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Unspoiled Dead chat no one opted for spoiled

Mafia PT in a moment phone posting longer than I thought.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2259 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:34 pm

Post by MathBlade »

GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2260 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:39 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Congratulations to
Spoiler: Scum team
Hawk, MysteriousFire, and Severa
for the win.

Hope you had fun to the townies :)
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2261 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:03 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 2247, Hawk wrote:Ali once again pleasure playing with you. You make me a better player everytime I play with you.
Didn't know you had this respect for me.
um......
trying to think how to respond to this.
um.....
thank you I guess?
GTKAS
| here.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2262 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:04 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 2241, Alisae wrote:
In post 2232, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:And Alisae I wasn't nasty.
Your treatment towards ank and TTH was disgusting and there were some posts I was not okay with you making hence why I replaced out.
momo replacing in was the cammel that broke the straws back. If that's how that phrase goes.
I respect how you feel but I still feel you're being a baby about things.
In post 2247, Hawk wrote:Uzi where did I start summing it up and how long did you actually suspect me??

I feel a bit out of the loop it's just a game guys I can't imagine not liking playing with someone so much that I would blacklist them. RC is pretty Abrasive but that's just how it is sometimes.

Ali once again pleasure playing with you. You make me a better player everytime I play with you.

I enjoyed playing with everyone this game :)

And thanks so much for math for hosting. except for some small things great job.
I don't remember exactly when since I tuned out of the game a while ago but it was shortly after Creature linked that Duck Duck Goose game. I had originally didn't see what he was seeing but I made of note what I did see and then like suddenly you just started eventually showing your scum game.

Congrats though. Looking forward to playing with you again as always :)
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2263 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:05 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 2249, Aubrey wrote:
In post 2231, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Got Aubrey wrong but Hawk scummed it up super fast and Fire was scum for his comment about my vote on Dark. Just lol though.

I laughed real hard when you thought I was solid town :lol: Maybe one day you can experience my town game.
You looked different from Tit for Tat lol I was so pissed when it was revealed your slot was scum.
Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2264 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:16 pm

Post by Hawk »

Oh okay yeah that makes sense. My scum game is still very rough so it's not surprising I'm not very good at maintaining town appearance and probably fall into some bad habits.

Aubrey was town in that duck duck goose game. I think the difference between that and something like Tit for Tat is night and day.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2265 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:17 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I swear early on here he looked different from Tit and Tat.
Hawk
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Hawk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2266 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:32 pm

Post by Hawk »

In post 2265, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I swear early on here he looked different from Tit and Tat.
Little bit but I don't think it looked townie but then again I knew lol I'd have to read it again later with some less jaded eyes.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2267 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:11 pm

Post by Firebringer »

@Math so some constructive criticism:
When your modding you should always first and foremost not involve yourself in the game unless players are asking you direct question.
If you think there's concern pm the player.

The reason for this is it distracts from the game.
I know when I moderate games on SC2 we have rules on doing it like this because otherwise the mod gets involved and that disrupts game and has possible impact. Even here, someone was townreading me for getting into argument with you.

Second way more discretion on force replacement.
The replace out of not mafia and Aubrey was completely unnecessary, it wasn't a comment on ongoing game.

Third you should adjust rules so you are not beholden to silly rules. For example the plularlity rule while not yours was silly.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #2268 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:13 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Thanks for modding math.
I enjoyed playing with you alll

Alisae we must hydra soon!
Also unknown is a pretty good player and def solid town, he couldn't get his groove here because he hasn't played a lot here to know meta but trust me he can dominate as scum too.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2269 (ISO) » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:38 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2267, Firebringer wrote:@Math so some constructive criticism:
When your modding you should always first and foremost not involve yourself in the game unless players are asking you direct question.
If you think there's concern pm the player.

The reason for this is it distracts from the game.
I know when I moderate games on SC2 we have rules on doing it like this because otherwise the mod gets involved and that disrupts game and has possible impact. Even here, someone was townreading me for getting into argument with you.

Second way more discretion on force replacement.
The replace out of not mafia and Aubrey was completely unnecessary, it wasn't a comment on ongoing game.

Third you should adjust rules so you are not beholden to silly rules. For example the plularlity rule while not yours was silly.
Everything here was something I wrote down as things I would respond to before game began.
Every moderator I know points out invalid votes and why:
I did this for Not_Mafia and yourself

Asking questions to the mod is a risky strategy (burned me in 665) but is doable. I responded with the wiki as much as possible.

The avatar one has been discussed.

Third yes I was beholden to the wiki as I made a promise to follow the wiki. This is a new setup proposed for open. Changing the setup A) defeats the point B) Defeats party balance and C) Can be construed as a moderator lie.

Mainly there were unforeseen hiccups I did not think about but other than that pretty okay.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2270 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:57 am

Post by Aubrey »

In post 2265, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I swear early on here he looked different from Tit and Tat.
:P
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2271 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:05 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 1391, havingfitz wrote:Scum pool - Hawk, Aubrey, MsFire & TwoFace
:up: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Apologies for v/la taking me away from this game

Happy with my reads after replacing in.

Sadly town!momo and town!Creature are a scum team's best friends.

Thanks mod.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2272 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:57 am

Post by Ankamius »

Sorry for replacing out, but I really didn't want to deal with all the toxicity and I was looking forward to playing with TTH again, so her replacing out for it really tested my patience for it.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2273 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:58 am

Post by Ankamius »

Good job either way, scumteam. I only paid minor attention after I replaced out but I was pretty impressed with what I saw.
nancy
nancy
Jack of All Trades
nancy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2274 (ISO) » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:48 am

Post by nancy »

havingfitz wrote:
In post 1425, TwoFace wrote:I'm seriously not getting it into with you fitz. so here is my one and only response on the matter and if you don't like it, TFB

1. You are correct that lynch all liars IS a policy lynch, but I also said that I had other reasons outside of the lie, and I posted those in the game thread. Thus making it not a policy lynch.

Reason 1 for scum reading her:
Reason 2 for just not liking nancy, but when you add it to the reason for scum reading and to the 3 lies she told, body of work starts pointing to get rid of this person: ,
Reason 3: She claims she was against the lynch, but makes posts advocating it, just didn't want it to happen right away and then gets her panties in a bunch when it actually happened. Adds to the body of work, it's bad reactions that I don't see coming from scum. ,+ ,
Reason 4: I will throw one more in, her reason for doing a 180 on grey was bad also.

2. The lie in that statement by nancy.

Lie 1: I didn't replace in and immediately scum read the 2 most obvious Towns in the game (I actually only had 1 solid scum read and he was nowhere close to being the most obvious town read slot, in fact he was quite the opposite)
Lie 2: I don't even know who "we" is, but I certainly didn't go against any group of people saying don't lynch dark, from what i remember the only one advocating not lynching dark was nancy and I certainly am not going to listen to her (or tbh anyone else cause I listen to myself)
Lie 3: I didn't quick lynch Dark. I put dark to L-3

so really 3 lies tied into 1 statement.
You're not getting into it with me and then you proceed to. lol...

You say you weren't pushing a policy lynch but you clearly were. Your vote and the next few mentions of of only referred to your lie accusation towards nancy. The fact you threw together a few misreps later to support your policy lynch do not make it any less a policy lynch.

Reason 1
No...
post 1129 was NOT "Reason 1"
, confirmed by , and reiterated in were "Reason 1".

Spoiler: Real "Reason 1"
966 - Twoface votes nancy. Accuses her of lying and states Lynch all Liars.
986 - "Anyone who lies about me is scum"....no other rationale. Still just based on "the lie/s."
1033 - Duplicate vote on nancy. "Lynch all liars"....no other rationale. Still just based on "the lie/s."

Reason 2
"just not liking nancy" FYI...
this is absolutely NAI. AKA more POLICY LYNCH rationale.

Reason 3
"against the lynch but makes posts advocating it"
Saying Darklyn is the lynch D1 but there is no need to rush the lynch is not the same as advocating it. It could just as easily be resignation to what she thought was an L-2 or 3 wagon being invetiable. All her subsequent posts on the matter were urging people to unvote. So WHAT "makes posts [plural] advocating it" are you referring to?
i.e. TwoFace misrep.

Reason 4
...what reason for doing a 180 on Grey are you referring to, ? <---
Please answer this question TwoFace.

Spoiler: nancy's reads on the Grey/Darklyn slot
387 - Grey is probably just scum
403 - Grey is probscum
410 - Grey TB Hawk = scumteam

674 - read looks to be changing on Grey
685 - not SRing Grey
690 - TB, mono, Grey are locktown
787 - Darklyn is our lynch today (w/ only two votes) but no need to hammer for a few days (Mar 15 2121 est)

792 - TwoFace joins the game

797 - Asks momo to unvote mistakenly thinking Darklyn is now at L-2 (actually at L-4 as 2F later so graciously points out). (Mar 15 2155 est)
826 - "Someone unvote ffs" Asks 2F to unvote STILL mistakenly thinking Darklyn is at L-2. (Now at L-3) (Mar 15 2308 est)
833 - Realizes why her votecount on Darklyn was off and asks someone to unvote AGAIN. (Mar 15 2313 est)

^ Last nancy post before Darklyn was lynched. NM hammered @ (Mar 16 1658 est)

First vote all the way up to hammer...7 votes in less than 24 hours.

So let's look at the basis for your Policy Lynch push on nancy...the "lies":

Lie 1
nancy didn't say YOU were scumreading the two most obvious town...she said you and MsFire were. That doesn't mean you each suspected two...you could each have suspected seperate "obvious towns" in nancy's opinion to make that an accurate statement. And if nancy thinks some set of players are town...that's her perogative and her opinion. You disagreeing with it doesn't make it a lie.

Lie 2
Lie 2 is that nancy said "we"? Really? At the very least "she" was trying to keep the lynch from going through. I don't really want to go looking for one more objection to the Darklyn lynch but I would be shocked if there wasn't at least one. So that would = "we". Hardly deserving of "Lie" status. I.e. a major reach.

Lie 3
You and MsFire both replaced in and voted Darklyn. And while MsFire quickly unvoted...you did not. And the lynch went through from start to finish in less than 24 hours. If nancy thinks that is a quicklynch....that's her opinion. From start to finish in less than 24 hours (which over a wekk remaining) seems quick to me without some sort of mitigating reason...like a guilty or something. And you were on the wagon. No less responsible than vote 1 or vote 7. So
Lie 3
is again...a major reach based on differing opinions...not LIES.

As for the points you made in post 1129 that you erroneously refer to as your
Reason 1
...here is the decomposition of them:

Spoiler: Reason 1
1129 - Additional nancy vote rationale...let's see:

1129.1 - "really didn't like how she was scum reading the Grey slot." From post 674 on she never expressed a scum read on the Grey slot and in fact called Grey "locktown." Saying someone is our lynch today =/= saying that person is a scum read. I.e. 2F is misrepping nancy's read on the Grey/Darklyn slot.

1129.2 - "Then tried to prevent a lynch despite still scumreading it" Scumreading statement is a misrep (see above) and trying to prevent/postpone the lynch of someone who you aren't scumreading is not reason for suspicion.

1129.3 - The OUTRAGE post was a product of her "partner he/she/it/they/?" being nightkilled on top of what she perceived as a senseless quicklynch. I agree it was over the top but certainly not out of the realm of possibility given her attitude to that point and connection to the NK.

1129.4 - "you don't get mad at a scumread getting lynched." The slot was not a scumread...misrep by Twoface.
This was basically a perfect post ftr. I was shocked that he was able to follow my thought processes so exactly. I don't know how the game ended - I didn't follow along - but his reads were also extremely good. He basically nailed the scumteam when he replaced in and had an excellent view of the gamestate. Bravo.
:2017-2018:
hi meet my mafiascum gravestone, the flowers were probably left by camn or schadd or Prism, blow them kisses for me would you?

Return to “Completed Open Games”