Open 684: Stacking the Deck (Game Over!)

MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:15 am

Post by MMM »

I was at least as angry about your reasoning for voting me.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:16 am

Post by Shinobi »

Hey I put a whole 10 minutes into that case I'll have you know.
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:17 am

Post by CommKnight »

LOL, no hard feelings eh Shinobi? :P I was right to push back onto you D1. But I shouldn't have moved on. I was just sure of Xay and then Xnad, then Fitz when he went quiet. (Should've kept my TR's I had on them both from D1).
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:18 am

Post by Aubrey »

Shin, I apologize for being all over you for most the game. I don't think it was until the halfway point that I began to have suspicions that you were my buddy, but I had to keep my reads and story straight.

The only person I got a read on was Fitz actually. I looked into you D1, but received no read.

The Creature kill was mostly to keep the town in the same state is was the day before. I checked fitz and we decided to kill Creature. I think we both wavered on him being a power-role which solidified the kill even more.

The Boon kill was a PR check. I had felt that he had been after Xay so much (and seemed so assured) that I thought it was due to him having a positive read.

The Lowell kill was simply because he was after my cute lil ass and I was sure he was the last remaining power-role due to his personality this game. He never seemed to care about getting mislynched, which at the end indicated that he had an ace up his sleeve.

All other kills with just kills to keep the town from getting to much info.
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:19 am

Post by CommKnight »

Even right D1/D2 about scum between Shinobi/MMM and the other being town. *Hint: I need to listen to my early D1 reads more* XD
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:24 am

Post by MMM »

Thinking back about the reads I was right on but didn't follow through with is painful.
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:25 am

Post by CommKnight »

In post 1505, MMM wrote:Thinking back about the reads I was right on but didn't follow through with is painful.
Feeling the same. 20/20 vision into the past is a bitch eh?
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:26 am

Post by CommKnight »

Honestly though, I should've seen something fishy in both Shinobi and Aubrey downright TR'ing me on LYLO so easily. I mean sure, it's not hard for town to deduce my actions as being town-motivated, but they wrote me off as a TR too easily.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:29 am

Post by Aubrey »

Usually if i feel like it will be a bitch and a half to scum-read someone and push it through, I either ignore the slot or TR the slot. In your case it was easier to just TR your slot. Lowell got town-read early just because I felt like I needed to take some early hard stances, so that I wouldn't look so lax and open with my reads.

Don't think I was for anybody else being town strongly.
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:34 am

Post by CommKnight »

In post 1166, CommKnight wrote:
Don't take it to heart. It's gut. Too town/too highly townread is a thing. Something feels off about you and PoE might point you to being scum. But right now even if that's true, two others I'm looking for.
In post 1168, CommKnight wrote:Well why haven't you been killed off Aubrey?
@MMM, remember these? XD
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:51 am

Post by Shinobi »

Town thought I was scum and scum thought I was town.
I think that means I'm doing something wrong.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:59 am

Post by Aubrey »

Overall this was a pretty fun game to me. There were some twists and turns. Everyone was pleasant, and there was little toxicity. Hope Shinobi didn't roll his eyes to much at Xay and myself, and hope you weren't annoyed with not getting recruited. We thought the game would be more fun and suspenseful not knowing who our 3rd ally was. We also didn't want to max out our PR options.

I think had certain people not been eliminated, the game could have turned out different. Creature, Boon, and Lowell began to scare me some with potentially coming close to the truth. As did Comm, but I left him around anyway. I had already decided like D2 he was going to last until the finale, or shortly before, for reasons mentioned earlier and me loving to keep a boisterous player around. I'm "dying" to know what the dead thread thought. hehe bad pun.
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:15 am

Post by MMM »

In post 1506, CommKnight wrote:
In post 1505, MMM wrote:Thinking back about the reads I was right on but didn't follow through with is painful.
Feeling the same. 20/20 vision into the past is a bitch eh?
It's the absolute worst.
In post 1507, CommKnight wrote:Honestly though, I should've seen something fishy in both Shinobi and Aubrey downright TR'ing me on LYLO so easily. I mean sure, it's not hard for town to deduce my actions as being town-motivated, but they wrote me off as a TR too easily.
Honestly you were actually locktown for me since like D3 at least but 1. I didn't want it to show 2. I got really angry at your logic for doing things on occasion 3. I actually intended to remove the unvote before going to sleep, but I completely forgot in the end.
In post 1509, CommKnight wrote:
In post 1166, CommKnight wrote:
Don't take it to heart. It's gut. Too town/too highly townread is a thing. Something feels off about you and PoE might point you to being scum. But right now even if that's true, two others I'm looking for.
In post 1168, CommKnight wrote:Well why haven't you been killed off Aubrey?
@MMM, remember these? XD
I don't actually. What I do remember though is when I caught Aubrey's scum tell in coming to defend me/trying to intervene in some attempt to prevent toxicity for towncred (I assume) and d1 Shinobi stuff.
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:20 am

Post by MMM »

In post 1447, Shinobi wrote:If you vote him, I'll vote him.
ftr this was way too easy.
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:23 am

Post by CommKnight »

Off to work now, haha, can't wait to see dead thread though. Wonder how many were yelling at me.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:39 am

Post by Aubrey »

In post 1512, MMM wrote: What I do remember though is when I caught Aubrey's scum tell in coming to defend me/trying to intervene in some attempt to prevent toxicity for towncred (I assume).
I had no scum intention there actually. LOL. It is so easy for this game to get toxic, heated, and even disgusting that I make it a point to try and limit it as a player anytime that I potentially sense the game (or a player) possibly heading down that emotional direction. It's one of the reasons why I reframe from using words such as stupid, or using other such words when describing a players thoughts or actions.

I've been in, and read a few, games where it got extremely toxic between a few players, and it's just a buzz kill. I've known a lot of players to stop playing simply due to encountering players who don't regard other people the way they should.
This is not aimed at you btw, just a statement about the game and toxicity in general.

optimally players need to have touch skin, and have a sense of regard to others as well, for this game to be played as intended.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:42 am

Post by Aubrey »

I think the worse thing about this game overall was Hawk's sub out. :cry: I really wanted to mess with him.
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:03 am

Post by MMM »

This game was absolutely fine in terms of that, I've already had far far worse.
MMM
MMM
Mafia Scum
MMM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:03 am

Post by MMM »

Sub outs do tend to irk me though.
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:23 pm

Post by CommKnight »

Yeah sub outs get annoying. Also LOL at the mod not even posting the death scene yet and we're already talking about the game in post-game way. XD It was a good game though, nothing too toxic. Unfortunately I experienced a very recent game that got toxic because I decided to day-vig. D1 fairly early (and troll who I thought were scum after it). It got pretty heated and I had to leave the conversation both before their flip and during post-game because I try to leave feelings at the door. What makes it worse is it was a hydra of 15 players. So of course I gotta listen to about 4+ people trying to tell me I'm shit for shooting them.

We had a solid plan and it failed. But it's the way some games go. You win some, you lose some. Honestly, I know there's good people on this site, plus some pretty tough skin and I know if those people did that to a newbie, they'd never bloody return.

Honestly, glad this game didn't get toxic. I mean hell, here MMM and I are going post-game being "Oh, that's where I took the wrong turn." Not bitching at each other for a fuck-up.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:32 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 1494, CommKnight wrote:Honestly though, Fitz AFK stuff didn't really help town much though. He stayed too neutral for LYLO situation and kept his options way too open.
Bullshit. Shinobi was my clear choice for today...how is that neutral? And I'm not active any weekends so AFK's not a tell towards me of any value.

Suck.

So did Aubrey and Shinobi not know each other was scum? If not...thinking scum did know each other was giving me the false assumption that one of MMM or Comm was scum due to no QL. @$^÷×!#@!
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:15 am

Post by Aubrey »

I had suspicions he was my partner, but was not entirely sure after our back and forth. I Began to think MMM was until the end. I knew you Comm were not aligned to me.
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:28 am

Post by Desperado »

Vote Count 5.1

havingfitz (3) - CommKnight, Shinobi, Aubrey
<-- Lynch!

Not Voting (2) - havingfitz, MMM

The deadline for Day 5 is Wednesday, June 28th at 5pm EST. With 7 players alive, 4 votes are required to lynch. Deadline in (expired on 2017-06-28 17:12:37)
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:31 am

Post by Desperado »

havingfitz has been lynched. They were
Spoiler:
Vanilla Town.
Welcome, havingfitz. You are a Vanilla Townie.

Abilities:

You currently have no special abilities.

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the town are dead.

Confirm your role and alignment via PM. The game thread is located here. Good luck!

The game is over!

MMM (Vanilla Town) and CommKnight (Vanilla Town) have been endgamed by Aubrey (Mafia Role Cop) and Shinobi (Mafia Traitor)! Congratulations to those two and Xayzeck (Mafia JOAT), who wins posthumously.
;)
Desperado
Desperado
Survivor
Desperado
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:56 am

Post by Desperado »

Mafia PT
Dead PT

Night 1 Actions:

Lowell Goon Cops havingfitz; havingfitz is Not a Goon
Gamma Emerald roleblocks Aubrey; successful
Creature tracks Aubrey; Aubrey visited no one
Aubrey Role Cops Shinobi; no result
Xayzeck kills Gamma Emerald; successful

Night 2 Actions:

Lowell Goon Cops XnadrojX; XnadrojX is Not a Goon
Creature tracks Lowell; Lowell visited XnadrojX
Aubrey Role Cops havingfitz; havingfitz is Vanilla Town
Xayzeck kills Creature; successful

Night 3 Actions:

Lowell Goon Cops Shinobi; Shinobi is Not a Goon
Aubrey kills Boonskiies; successful

Night 4 Actions:

Lowell Goon Cops Aubrey; Aubrey is Not a Goon
Aubrey kills Lowell; successful

Dead PT is...dead...because I completely dropped the ball with it. Sorry about that to everyone; I always like reading the dead thread when I make it far into a game and it's just nonexistent and it's my fault.

The game itself I thought was well played. Aubrey and Xay picked excellent kills and made sure the town didn't recover from the D1 Pyra mislynch, and Shinobi played one of the better traitor games I've ever seen.

Town PRs played well but either a) got murdered before they could ever do anything or b) were totally useless because of the scum team's pregame choices. The day play wasn't bad...after some initial activity hiccups I was really pleased with everyone's play. No toxicity, timely lynches etc. A very pleasant game to mod, so thank you to everyone for that.
;)

Return to “Completed Open Games”