Balki B
Balki B
Goon
Balki B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2017 10:38 am

Post by Balki B »

In post 74, GameNBurger wrote:If you're gonna put words in my mouth at least tell me what it is I truly believe, clarity goes a long way in conversation
Sure. It's quite clear:
In post 53, GameNBurger wrote:If you wanna look town by making the first accusation, at least don't crumble as soon as someone half observes you making the move you're accusing someone else of making
In post 71, GameNBurger wrote:Here's a protip next time you get anything non townie, or even if you do get townie, Less is more.
You have suggested, with much more certainty than SPD, that I am scum.

Also, will you be playing the entire game as a condescending asshole? Is it some sort of role play?
Balki B
Balki B
Goon
Balki B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2017 10:44 am

Post by Balki B »

In post 71, GameNBurger wrote:Let me answer your "how did i crumble" question, which is that you seem to love defending yourself rather than explaining what you mean, as you are doing now with these awfully leading questions. I'll take the bait though since its so shoddy:
Thank you.
In post 71, GameNBurger wrote: (1) You're accusing Kawso of being a scum trying to go "look at me I'm town!" since he pointed out the fact that the username tier list had judged users that hadn't posted in the thread yet jokingly. You're reading this post as being
too
observant, and you identify this post as someone trying to fit in as a townie, or as you so lovingly put it, a "Townie Tap Dance."
Basically correct.
In post 71, GameNBurger wrote: (2)Your post reads about as much as you can out of one singular joke response that it feels like a scum response trying to sound townie. Thats what echo is accusing you atleast of, and I
think
jokingly so. I personally think it wasnt the same as what you were accusing Kawso of, but your next post in response to echo doesnt seem to adress how you're not doing the same thing Kawso is, you simply ask Echo to explain it for himself. It smells a little like deflecting the accusation by trying to change what the accusation was in the response, given how irrelvant to Echo's claims your response is.
I agree with this, except for the last sentence.
In post 71, GameNBurger wrote: (3)Its not, if you're referring to question 2, and if you're not, it helps to use direct subjects in questions, not pronouns. Nice bait by the way, I don't personally think Echo's claim holds water but I do think the fact that you seem to be in panic mode makes it worth the vote for pressure. I honestly cant say if you're 100% scum, but i think some pressure will help me decide in the end.
I agree with this, except for your suggestion that I am in "panic mode."
In post 71, GameNBurger wrote: POST AUTHORSHIP: Here's a protip next time you get anything non townie, or even if you do get townie, Less is more.
Thank you again.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2017 10:45 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 75, Balki B wrote: Also, will you be playing the entire game as a condescending asshole? Is it some sort of role play?
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: not on a plane, not on a train, not in a moat, not on a boat

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2017 10:50 am

Post by EchoVision »

In post 53, GameNBurger wrote:
In post 42, Balki B wrote:
In post 41, EchoVision wrote:with this post aren't you doing the same exact thing that you accused Kawso of doing?

also I'm seeing a lot of familiar avatars! this is going to be wonderful :)

also what's scary about my avatar, have you never seen rick and Morty?

Cats are still fucking better
I'm not accusing Kawso of being scum because he did something townie. I am accusing Kawso of being scum because he was so eager to look townie that he started doing his townie tap dance before the music started.

So, you tell me if I'm doing the same thing I accused Kawso of doing. If you think I am, explain why.
I like how you pretend you don't know what Echo is jokingly (I assume) accusing you of

VOTE: Balki B

If you wanna look town by making the first accusation, at least don't crumble as soon as someone half observes you making the move you're accusing someone else of making
i mean it was a little jokingly but imagine a confused person saying it slowly cause they don't know if they're right or not. i was serious with it, however
UnaBombaH: I think Im happy you turned up to be the scum, and that you won, because I will use this game as a guideline for whenever I finally land my first scumrole.
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2017 10:50 am

Post by EchoVision »

In post 59, Siblings Pet Doggo wrote:Thirteen times three

~T
thirty nine in case nobody answered
UnaBombaH: I think Im happy you turned up to be the scum, and that you won, because I will use this game as a guideline for whenever I finally land my first scumrole.
GameNBurger
GameNBurger
Goon
GameNBurger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2017 10:52 am

Post by GameNBurger »

In post 75, Balki B wrote:
In post 74, GameNBurger wrote:If you're gonna put words in my mouth at least tell me what it is I truly believe, clarity goes a long way in conversation
Sure. It's quite clear:
In post 53, GameNBurger wrote:If you wanna look town by making the first accusation, at least don't crumble as soon as someone half observes you making the move you're accusing someone else of making
In post 71, GameNBurger wrote:Here's a protip next time you get anything non townie, or even if you do get townie, Less is more.
You have suggested, with much more certainty than SPD, that I am scum.
Ah I see, lovely you can detect my hint of dry sarcasm with those sentences to call me a condescending asshole, but cant seem to read the conclusion of my post, ya know, the most important part that states the point:
GameNBurger wrote:
(3)Its not, if you're referring to question 2, and if you're not, it helps to use direct subjects in questions, not pronouns. Nice bait by the way,
I don't personally think Echo's claim holds water but I do think the fact that you seem to be in panic mode makes it worth the vote for pressure. I honestly cant say if you're 100% scum, but i think some pressure will help me decide in the end.
Thank you for atleast being clear with what you're saying, I'm gonna have a lot of fun having pull teeth everytime I want to know what you're saying.
In post 75, Balki B wrote: Also, will you be playing the entire game as a condescending asshole? Is it some sort of role play?
Nah, I just happen to be a condescending asshole to everyone, or atleast I am when deciphering what you're trying to say takes so much time (with the exception of your post before you panic, could we get your posts to resemble that atleast?). Please be clear and direct when saying things, and I cant seriously remember the last time direct anger baiting (The calling me a condescending asshole bit so i'm clear) ever worked.

POST AUTHORSHIP Since you posted with a more thoughtful post since i started writing: Thats what i'm looking for as far as clarity goes, and to itterate more on why I think you were in panic mode: Shortfire posts, the lack of clarity, the primary use of ethos rather logos in arguments. I repeat this since i'm demanding a sense of quality from your posts, I might as well hold myself to the same standard.
GameNBurger
GameNBurger
Goon
GameNBurger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2017 10:53 am

Post by GameNBurger »

In post 77, MarioManiac4 wrote:
Atleast use the version that loops seamlessly :P
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2017 10:54 am

Post by EchoVision »

hell of a role choice for the next uplay i'm in
GameNBurger
GameNBurger
Goon
GameNBurger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2017 10:55 am

Post by GameNBurger »

In post 78, EchoVision wrote:
In post 53, GameNBurger wrote:
In post 42, Balki B wrote:
In post 41, EchoVision wrote:with this post aren't you doing the same exact thing that you accused Kawso of doing?

also I'm seeing a lot of familiar avatars! this is going to be wonderful :)

also what's scary about my avatar, have you never seen rick and Morty?

Cats are still fucking better
I'm not accusing Kawso of being scum because he did something townie. I am accusing Kawso of being scum because he was so eager to look townie that he started doing his townie tap dance before the music started.

So, you tell me if I'm doing the same thing I accused Kawso of doing. If you think I am, explain why.
I like how you pretend you don't know what Echo is jokingly (I assume) accusing you of

VOTE: Balki B

If you wanna look town by making the first accusation, at least don't crumble as soon as someone half observes you making the move you're accusing someone else of making
i mean it was a little jokingly but imagine a confused person saying it slowly cause they don't know if they're right or not. i was serious with it, however
Ah I see, thank you for clarifying, I was thinking it was jokingly but I wasnt entirely sure.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2017 11:01 am

Post by podoboq »

Official Vote Count 1.03
LynchingWith 17 votes in play, it takes 9 to lynch.

Siblings Pet Doggo
(5): Bellaphant, Kawso, EchoVision, MarioManiac4, Hawk
Bellaphant
(3): Sesq, DeltaW, Flubbernugget
Kawso
(2): Gamma Emerald, Balki B
Balki B
(2): Siblings Pet Doggo, GameNBurger
EchoVision
(1): havingfitz
beeboy
(1): Almost50
havingfitz
(1): Tenshii

Nobody
(2): beeboy, CommKnight,

Deadline
: (expired on 2017-06-13 01:40:00)
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
Siblings Pet Doggo
Siblings Pet Doggo
Goon
Siblings Pet Doggo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2017 11:04 am

Post by Siblings Pet Doggo »

In post 14, MarioManiac4 wrote:nah, either vig just shoots whoever or they shoot the common scumreads
telling vig to shoot you p1 is WIFOM and unhelpful
Wowie MM4, look at you.
So helpful.

--
In post 40, MarioManiac4 wrote:I am so not looking forward to failing to read Balki this game.
MM4, why do you write things that sound fake all the time =(

--
In post 48, Siblings Pet Doggo wrote:Whoops just read the hydra PT

Ali foses Mario now \_O_/
Yeah Doggy.
You better get it right.
I'll have you know I like CATS!
Not Dogs.
So if you don't behave yourself, you get the handcuffs and cats-of-nine-tails ;)

-Ali
Alisae, Fro99er, and Transcend join together to fight the scumbutts.
Balki B
Balki B
Goon
Balki B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2017 11:05 am

Post by Balki B »

In post 80, GameNBurger wrote:Nah, I just happen to be a condescending asshole to everyone, or atleast I am when deciphering what you're trying to say takes so much time (with the exception of your post before you panic, could we get your posts to resemble that atleast?). Please be clear and direct when saying things, and I cant seriously remember the last time direct anger baiting (The calling me a condescending asshole bit so i'm clear) ever worked.

POST AUTHORSHIP Since you posted with a more thoughtful post since i started writing: Thats what i'm looking for as far as clarity goes, and to itterate more on why I think you were in panic mode: Shortfire posts, the lack of clarity, the primary use of ethos rather logos in arguments. I repeat this since i'm demanding a sense of quality from your posts, I might as well hold myself to the same standard.
I like you slightly better after this post. I disagree that I've been unclear or that I've appealed to ethics rather than logic. But it's pretty pointless to get into "Who Is More Clear" Contest. Thanks for your constructive criticism.
GameNBurger
GameNBurger
Goon
GameNBurger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2017 11:07 am

Post by GameNBurger »

In post 86, Balki B wrote:
In post 80, GameNBurger wrote:Nah, I just happen to be a condescending asshole to everyone, or atleast I am when deciphering what you're trying to say takes so much time (with the exception of your post before you panic, could we get your posts to resemble that atleast?). Please be clear and direct when saying things, and I cant seriously remember the last time direct anger baiting (The calling me a condescending asshole bit so i'm clear) ever worked.

I like you slightly better after this post. I disagree that I've been unclear or that I've appealed to ethics rather than logic. But it's pretty pointless to get into "Who Is More Clear" Contest. Thanks for your constructive criticism.
Sorry I thought ethos meant emotion not ethics, is it pathos I'm looking for? I thought that had to do with credibility of the author?
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2017 11:11 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 85, Siblings Pet Doggo wrote:
In post 14, MarioManiac4 wrote:nah, either vig just shoots whoever or they shoot the common scumreads
telling vig to shoot you p1 is WIFOM and unhelpful
Wowie MM4, look at you.
So helpful.
Thanks I try.
Kawso
Kawso
Goon
Kawso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2017 11:14 am

Post by Kawso »

My post was joke analysis to a joke post haha

Balki seems to be taking this pressure quite defensively, which could either mean scum/ PR. I don't see him being vanilla. Personally I can't say either, as in the game I played with him, he was rarely questioned.

Seems like we're still in the gradual stages of switching from Joking random voting to proper discussion, so I'd like to see some opinions on some of the other people not being discussed heavily
Town Wins: 0
Mafia Wins: 0
3rd Party Wins: 0
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2017 11:15 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

VOTE: Kawso
Balki B
Balki B
Goon
Balki B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2017 11:16 am

Post by Balki B »

In post 87, GameNBurger wrote:Sorry I thought ethos meant emotion not ethics, is it pathos I'm looking for? I thought that had to do with credibility of the author?
It's all good, we're not Greek, so no need to use their backwards language.

Ethos
is appeal to ethics, and generally includes an attempt to persuade based on the credibility of the speaker.

Pathos
is appeal to emotion, usually pity, and also a lazy buzzword for "scummy" used by poor players of forum mafia.
Siblings Pet Doggo
Siblings Pet Doggo
Goon
Siblings Pet Doggo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2017 11:19 am

Post by Siblings Pet Doggo »

In post 89, Kawso wrote:My post was joke analysis to a joke post haha

Balki seems to be taking this pressure quite defensively, which could either mean scum/ PR. I don't see him being vanilla. Personally I can't say either, as in the game I played with him, he was rarely questioned.

Seems like we're still in the gradual stages of switching from Joking random voting to proper discussion, so I'd like to see some opinions on some of the other people not being discussed heavily
How did you know it was a joke right away?
And why do you think outing a potential PR is a good idea?
Like, I hate this post, but I'm wary of your play.

--
In post 91, Balki B wrote:
In post 87, GameNBurger wrote:Sorry I thought ethos meant emotion not ethics, is it pathos I'm looking for? I thought that had to do with credibility of the author?
It's all good, we're not Greek, so no need to use their backwards language.

Ethos
is appeal to ethics, and generally includes an attempt to persuade based on the credibility of the speaker.

Pathos
is appeal to emotion, usually pity, and also a lazy buzzword for "scummy" used by poor players of forum mafia.
Bruh, no one even uses this language on MS.
It's a red hairing.

-Ali
Alisae, Fro99er, and Transcend join together to fight the scumbutts.
Kawso
Kawso
Goon
Kawso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2017 11:25 am

Post by Kawso »

I had some suspicion it was a joke... considering the people who hadn't posted were included...

Gotta say I REALLY dislike Mario's vote on me without anything else in his post. If you can at least provide a reason that'd be a lot more helpful for us.
Town Wins: 0
Mafia Wins: 0
3rd Party Wins: 0
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2017 11:28 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 93, Kawso wrote:I had some suspicion it was a joke... considering the people who hadn't posted were included...

Gotta say I REALLY dislike Mario's vote on me without anything else in his post. If you can at least provide a reason that'd be a lot more helpful for us.
It's because you're trying to judge whether players are PR or Vanilla. I don't have anything insightful people couldn't see by looking at your post.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2017 12:17 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

VOTE: game and burger

feels super forced.
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2017 12:18 pm

Post by EchoVision »

In post 89, Kawso wrote: Seems like we're still in the gradual stages of switching from Joking random voting to proper discussion, so I'd like to see some opinions on some of the other people not being discussed heavily
then let's see some from you motha fucka
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2017 12:31 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 39, Balki B wrote: looks like Scum Kawso to me. Kawso expresses an over-eagerness to appear townie by taking an obvious joke post too seriously and responding with a townie-looking question:
In post 22, Kawso wrote:Why is someone like Balki & someone like Flubber in different tiers, considering neither have posted?
This question screams:
"I read your post in full, I analyzed it, and I've observed an inconsistency! I am town!"

Kawso appears to be looking for opportunities to blend in.
Scum!
A much more natural town response, I'd wager, is this one:
In post 23, Gamma Emerald wrote:What the fuck is this shit
Alright then
Tryhard
Probably Town tbh
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2017 12:33 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 59, Siblings Pet Doggo wrote:Thirteen times three

~T
This means 39
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
EchoVision
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
EchoVision
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue May 30, 2017 12:34 pm

Post by EchoVision »

In post 97, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 39, Balki B wrote: looks like Scum Kawso to me. Kawso expresses an over-eagerness to appear townie by taking an obvious joke post too seriously and responding with a townie-looking question:
In post 22, Kawso wrote:Why is someone like Balki & someone like Flubber in different tiers, considering neither have posted?
This question screams:
"I read your post in full, I analyzed it, and I've observed an inconsistency! I am town!"

Kawso appears to be looking for opportunities to blend in.
Scum!
A much more natural town response, I'd wager, is this one:
In post 23, Gamma Emerald wrote:What the fuck is this shit
Alright then
Tryhard
Probably Town tbh
dope. what makes this town tryhard and not scum tryhard??

Return to “Completed Open Games”