Open 694: Friends and Enemies (Game Over!)

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2050 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:37 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1903, jjh927 wrote:Game and Egg are scum 2 and 3. This game has been solved for some time
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2051 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:38 pm

Post by MathBlade »

So there is like no way Egg is the mason.

So that means Egg should CC me and claim VT.

Then it will be up to you at this point.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2052 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:39 pm

Post by MathBlade »

So that means you can't be Town and lying so Game is solved for me.

Sorry for derping Wave. :/
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2053 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:39 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I cannot for the life of me figure out why Egg would kill bombcat there and not you.

Like why?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2054 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:57 pm

Post by Egg »

Yeah I'm not the mason. It was pretty obvious at least yesterday that it was wave which is why I shrugged him off as town at that point.

VOTE: mathblade
Last edited by Agent Sparkles on Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2055 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:00 pm

Post by Egg »

Just fyi if you'd kept bomb and myself both alive, I probably would have ended up voting bomb.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2056 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:16 pm

Post by MathBlade »

VOTE: Egg
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2057 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:18 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2055, Egg wrote:Just fyi if you'd kept bomb and myself both alive, I probably would have ended up voting bomb.
Erm...like I said bombcat was not the mason lol.

Like I don't get why you're trying that approach. Like why?

Seriously. You're gonna have to explain why the hell I would bus game there when it would be GG no re. Like cmon dude. You're conf scum.

Wave knows it. I have faith from him listening to his mason buddies. I just hope that Wave can see even derp town can turn it around.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2058 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:19 pm

Post by MathBlade »

As I said Wave all in your hands. Anything you want, I am an open book.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2059 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:22 pm

Post by Egg »

We all agreed on game so that argument is pointless. We know he was bussed. But if that's the angle you want to try, explain why I spent the entire game bussing sesq just to turn around and bus game and then set up 3p LYLO by killing the scummiest player in the game. If I was scum, this would have to be the most self destructive game I've ever played and I like to think I'm better than that as scum.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2060 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:25 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2059, Egg wrote:We all agreed on game so that argument is pointless. We know he was bussed. But if that's the angle you want to try, explain why I spent the entire game bussing sesq just to turn around and bus game and then set up 3p LYLO by killing the scummiest player in the game. If I was scum, this would have to be the most self destructive game I've ever played and I like to think I'm better than that as scum.
Thanks for admitting your scum game was a piece of crap lol
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2061 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:29 pm

Post by Egg »

It's...really not though. I actually prefer playing scum because I'm better at it. My most memerable games are pretty much all scum games lol.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2062 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:32 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2061, Egg wrote:It's...really not though. I actually prefer playing scum because I'm better at it. My most memerable games are pretty much all scum games lol.
I prefer scum too but well ...glad this shit show isn't mine.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2063 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:01 pm

Post by Egg »

Actually you haven't done too bad.
In post 1487, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1476, Egg wrote:
Jjh, I was townreading transcend too, but why is mathblade confirmed town? Only confirmed town would be a mason who a dead mason said was mason.
<-asked by havingfitz and answered. I don't see why transcend replaced out regardless of his alignment.
havingfitz wrote:I think our masons should claim.
No. Not unless they are about to be lynched.

I find it interesting that flubber thinks scum are killing who suspects them and mathblade thinks scum are guessing masons. I don't really think either is scum but if one is it's doubtful they are scum together because of this.
mathblade wrote:This hammer is atrocious and the whole reason Titus was flash wagoned is because Sesq couldn't be a thing.
I agree with the Titus wagon part of this. The hammer is understandable because deadline + self preservation, but Sesq continues to be difficult to lynch despite quite a few people scumreading her. What is wrong with waveflow's vote? I've been townreading him.
math wrote:Wavemode today if not having Fitz.
What happened to sesq?

VOTE: sesq
Wavemode or Fitz pick.
You tried to save sesq but wave and I knew better.

Then you knew game was going to be lynched so there was nothing you could do. You bussed him pretty effectively when you had to.

I still don't get the bomb kill, but other than that, I don't see many mistakes.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2064 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:08 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Lol. Just no.

My town game was shit this game.

Nice try trying to frame me as good scum though.

I knew Wave was the mason yesterday hence me trying to take the kill at the end of the day trying to say "town sometimes lie".

Didn't work but woulda been nice if it had.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2065 (ISO) » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:20 pm

Post by Egg »

If you were really town who cared about eating a nk you wouldn't have done so much Mason spec.
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2066 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:31 am

Post by wavemode »

I mean, just at face value, Transcend has been way townier this game than the Fen/Egg slot. And I think as time went on it became more and more blatantly obvious that Game was scum, so I didn't really like the fact that Egg was soft-defending him for a while. And Egg is an extremely rare mention in Game's ISO; it's like Game forgot Egg existed and that was strange to me. Contrast with Transcend, whom Game pushed on for most of the game, then hard buddied in lylo. Those two have literally never had a null-null relationship that you'd usually see from scum partners.

So yeah, going into today I was planning on voting Egg, and I think maybe he suspected that. What I don't get is why I'm still alive. It actually doesn't help either of you - Math would have won killing me and voting bomb, Egg would have won killing me and voting bomb. So obviously it only makes sense as a WIFOM attempt. But Math is not making a WIFOM NKA case to defend himself. Egg on the other hand, is:
In post 2059, Egg wrote:explain why I spent the entire game bussing sesq just to turn around and bus game and then set up 3p LYLO by killing the scummiest player in the game. If I was scum, this would have to be the most self destructive game I've ever played and I like to think I'm better than that as scum.
Meh. Either way, I'd rather be wrong with my buddy than go against his wishes and throw the game

VOTE: Egg
retired...?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2067 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:36 am

Post by MathBlade »

Yay! We win :)

Glad I woke up to you being the mason.

@Egg why the bombcat kill?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2068 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:34 am

Post by Egg »

Thought I did a better job pocketing wave and knew you weren't the mason.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2069 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:47 am

Post by MathBlade »

Well played at points there.

JJH's post is probably the post of the game :D
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2070 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:01 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2050, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1903, jjh927 wrote:Game and Egg are scum 2 and 3. This game has been solved for some time
Post of the game :)
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2071 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:49 am

Post by Transcend »

Imo let's nominate jjh for a paragon scummie. He rekt another game as well as this one. Thanks for bringing him to the site, Alisae!
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2072 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:50 am

Post by Transcend »

Also sorry for dipping but math did a fairly good job at towntelling and keeping my slot alive.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2073 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:51 am

Post by Transcend »

And no it wasn't tactical, life just got really rough at one point and i had no motivation for anything, including mafia games.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2074 (ISO) » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:53 am

Post by Transcend »

Paragon or rising star.

Which is more suitable?

Return to “Completed Open Games”