Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:50 am

Post by lucca261 »

In post 379, Flavor Leaf wrote:Solid. I know where I want to go.

VOTE: Lucca

This slot is fabricating and fluffing all over the place. Pushing meh content onto the lurkers, and is just really spouting stuff. I see a lot of people town read players like these, a la Brian Skies. It’s rather strong because even when they are pressured they easily can brush it off and hide behind their wall posts, which people generally want to town read, but are extremely easy to fake as scum in practice. I can link a giant wall post I’ve made as scum before, multiple, but I have one in mind. Scum typically like to fantasize about potential things, so they can make a case based on all hypotheticals, which helps “explain” why certain people are scum. Wall posts also help scum keep track of their reads and whatnot, and they can just build their fabricated trajectories on top of each other, like a waffle, where some pockets have less syrup in them, but others overflow. You can see the emptier, less soggy parts of the waffle, and then put the syrup where it’s needed.
let's go:
fabricating and fluffing all over the place
the fabricating issue is relative, but I'll ask for specific moments where you think I fabricated stuff. the fluff issue is strange. I don't see any stances of fluff on my posting. I've been direct and all my posts are related to the game.
Pushing meh content onto the lurkers

false. my first serious vote was on cheeky, who at the point was one of the most proactive posters in relation to quantity. I've had back and forths with jamie and north also. I've been pushing anyone at anytime, when I see scumminess. question for you: who are the lurkers of the game? list them, because I'm curious: who isn't lurking? quick, jamie and maybe awoo? because I've pushed two of those three.

---

the rest of this post is either not related to me/non alignment indicative (spouting stuff). the wall style-posting is relative, I do it as either alignment, as you can easily find out looking at my meta. when I started answering this, I thought it was more, truthfully. not impressed with this case. will wait the bigger case on me.

regardless, I'd say the entrance was right in the middle of the town-scum spectrum. the towny part is: he comes guns-blazing, pushing people who weren't pressured, commentating on stuff that wasn't commentated, with clear reads. that said, his case on me was all relative, cluttered with buzzwords not related to my posts, and a major part of it is theory talk. I'd also like to know where my case based only on hypotheticals is.
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:52 am

Post by lucca261 »

In post 382, Flavor Leaf wrote:Fair enough.

I don’t like Maki’s and Lucca’s back and forth a few pages back. Something about it’s weird to me.
The whole both could be scum/one of them likely is scum seems like theatre bailing each other out, and allowing both onto multiple mislynches with reasoning, while distancing away from each other.
In post 379, Flavor Leaf wrote:Scum typically like to fantasize about potential things, so they can make a case based on all hypotheticals, which helps “explain” why certain people are scum.
hmm.
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:18 am

Post by lucca261 »

, , , @awoo: those three sentences ping me wrong. a new, strong player comes to play. awoo reaction to his entrance? a half buddy-buddy, half agreement to his theory part, but that does not clarify what is his stance on his game related posts. the tone is different from agressive awoo, too.

aubrey is more defending me than attacking flavor, where are people seeing chainsaw?

not sure if I like Chisa readlist a lot. she/he (not sure, sorry) sets up a way she can go either way on me, and there is not one explained confident read on there.

, @flavor: how so? just got curious, nothing game related.
In post 405, Epic Fial wrote:Maybe you can tell us why you like naked votes but not naked reads? Another player has replaced in since my last post. Seems like a backward noob. One who might help crack the case if his heart is pure. Now how do you feel about that slot?
naked reads mean shit if they're not accompanied by pressure, it's a way that people can skate through the game and the pressure of giving reads. naked votes, otherwise, can pressure people (not always), and creates content inherently. I've talked about flavor on my other post. read on awoo, fial?

, @maki: quote one LAMIST post made by me, please. people can accuse me of a lot of things, but LAMIST? ehh. this catchup is pretty ehh. gone for that long of a time and this is what you talk about?

stop talking about the masons nothing good can come out of this.
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:20 am

Post by lucca261 »

UNVOTE:
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:03 am

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Hi guys catching up now. What's the case on Jamie?
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:46 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 451, lucca261 wrote:regardless, I'd say the entrance was right in the middle of the town-scum spectrum. the towny part is: he comes guns-blazing, pushing people who weren't pressured, commentating on stuff that wasn't commentated, with clear reads. that said, his
case on me was all relative, cluttered with buzzwords not related to my posts
, and a major part of it is theory talk. I'd also like to know where my case based only on hypotheticals is.
This is what most interested me in the response. I haven't completely read the thread here, not gonna lie. It was just skim reads and what caught my eye on the initial read through.

This being said, what buzzwords did I clutter my posts with? This is very interesting use of words, because I don't believe I used buzz words. In fact, my description of that playstyle even shocked someone on thinking the playstyle was foolproof.

I even brought up an interaction between you and another player that felt really off to me, which you failed to bring up.

All this being said, this is yet another fluffy and fabricated read because you put yourself in a perfect position to either A) town read me if I accept your response and move on, or B) Scum read me if I choose to push you further.

Also, I don't really care where you vote is/was. You pushed Cheeky. Cheeky is the highest poster you stated, correct? Easy way to go. I cared more for the underlying pushes you've been making on other players, where you are setting yourself for that tree branch of yours to grow the way you want/need it to. This is how the majority of your reads are. Open ended, even if it's a "strong read", you allow yourself to go either way, like you are playing a popularity game, not looking for scum.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:50 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 404, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 403, Quick wrote:
In post 402, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 400, Quick wrote:
In post 397, Flavor Leaf wrote:@Chisa - I'll get to you in a little bit.

I'm Boonskiies, Comm.
Why did you out your alt?
It's already been outed on site before. I actively play different throughout my accounts, with different playstyles.
Its about the avatars isn't it?
Yeah. I think the avatar drastically changes how my play is perceived, lol.
You asked about this, so I'll answer.

Well, on Boon, I have Emperor Kuzco, which people say fits me incredibly well. But I also have other sides to me, like the self destructive nature and overly analytical side of Lip Gallagher here from Shameless. I don't pretend to be him here, but I do try to focus more in depth and analytical play here than when I am on Boon. This is made easier because I don't always log in to this account, and I'm generally auto logged in on Boonskiies, so I'm just kind of browsing doing nothing a lot of the time, so it opens me up for more random posts, direct 1v1 posting, interaction and social ness. On this account, I've played a very analytical town game, albeit a little aggressive, but I don't tunnel either. As scum here, I tend to test out my riskier gambits, and self destructive side to see where that takes me.

On Morality, I just pretend I'm Light Yagami from Death Note.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:52 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 451, lucca261 wrote:the rest of this post is either not related to me/non alignment indicative (spouting stuff). the wall style-posting is relative, I do it as either alignment, as you can easily find out looking at my meta. when I started answering this, I thought it was more, truthfully. not impressed with this case. will wait the bigger case on me.
My meta reads generally help me find town. I'm not too interested in NAI, because making big posts can come from either alignment, but those same posts coming from scum/town are different, even if you're really good at making them seem like they aren't. Informed knowledge makes it impossible to hide. I don't really like this as a defense.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:23 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Ok up to page 13

Reads to that point are:

Awoo, Jamie, Comm
NSG, Aubrey, Chisa
Fial, Assemble,
Quick, Maki, Lalendra, Lucca

VOTE: Quick
Jamiet99uk
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:16 pm

Post by Jamiet99uk »

@Cheeky: What order are those reads in? Most town at the top?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:18 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 460, Jamiet99uk wrote:@Cheeky: What order are those reads in? Most town at the top?
Yep. More when I can be bothered reading the last 6 pages. Feel free to ask questions about my reads and I'll respond when I'm done.
Jamiet99uk
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:33 pm

Post by Jamiet99uk »

@Cheeky: Ok, why are you voting for Quick when your #1 scumread appears to be Lucca?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:56 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

The tiers are equal. Lucca has more content to analyse but Quick riding through this game is ringing alarm bells. I'll be giving a brief summary on my reads that might help answer this.

I find it odd that you don't ask me why I'm town reading you. If I had the biggest wagon I'd be weary or at least ask for proper justification for the read.
Jamiet99uk
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:57 pm

Post by Jamiet99uk »

I'm the biggest wagon right now, but there are several days left to go.
Jamiet99uk
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Jamiet99uk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:00 pm

Post by Jamiet99uk »

Wait a second.... When does this phase end? I thought we had 14-day long Day phases? That's what I'm sure the Mod said when we started. But now I notice that when the game began the Mod announced there were 7 days until the phase ended. That would mean that Day 1 has already ended.

Am I dead?

@Mod - when does D1 end, please?
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:36 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

The 7 days you saw was in a countdown timer, so there are 7 days left. The countdown from page 1 updates automatically.
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:11 pm

Post by CommKnight »

{CheekyTeeky}
{Awoo, Aubrey}
{northsidegal, Maki Harukawa, Chisa Yukizome}
{Flavor Leaf, Quick, Epic Fial}
{Jamiet99uk, Lalendra, lucca261}

Definitely a bit firmer of a readlist than before. I want to brush Jamiet off as a noob!Town. But his play is just soo scummy. Like I don't know any other site that I have ever played on that would read his play as town. So I can't even say "Oh, it's the culture over there." Because I bet if I entered the site, it definitely isn't.

Also his bitching about the mod and replacements seems like he's trying to push the topic away from himself. Blaming it on the community when every mafia forum I used before this has always had a reserve list in case of site flakes or people taking on more than they can handle at the time. This is the first site where the game begins without a reserve list already made up that I've been to though. But that also means a lot of other sites are use to people replacing out or bailing as well. So his attitude is unneeded.

I think I'm just waiting to see some flips though before I can get into figuring this one out. There's a few ways it can go and I'm trying to do it where mafia are forced to out themselves.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:33 pm

Post by Awoo »

Jamie is becoming a policy lynch.
A policy lynch that I support.
VOTE: jamiet99uk
Because otherwise it's too obvious who's getting mason'd, and that's bad. At least when we remove this from the game there is a good layer of ambiguity who the copshot lands on.

Is it bad if I think this slot isn't reaaaaaaly going to flip scum? I don't think this lynch is terrible for town as we also get some info on who's on wagons and stuff, who pushed him throughout the day, etc. But I don't reaaaly think it's going to flip scum.

A lot of my scumreads are on this wagon and I feel bad in that regard but read above.

:!: :!:
I THINK THIS IS L-1
:!: :!:
Epic Fial
Epic Fial
Goon
Epic Fial
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:19 pm

Post by Epic Fial »

UNVOTE:

Content within twelve hours, I am hoping. Busy trying to order a new Hilary Clinton waifu pillow on eBay, after the old one underwent terminal deflation last night. Waifu pillows are inflatable and more or less anatomically correct, right?
Maki Harukawa
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:54 pm

Post by Maki Harukawa »

Jamie and Len feel like a huge town vs town fight. Can someone say why they won't vote cheeky?
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:01 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

Maki do you have other scum reads atm?
Maki Harukawa
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Maki Harukawa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:04 pm

Post by Maki Harukawa »

As strong as you? No but I could vote Chisa Comm epic and Flavor if I was forced. Why ask?
Kids are...weird. They come to me on their own. I'm not that good at taking care of them... I'm not that friendly either."
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:17 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 467, CommKnight wrote:Definitely a bit firmer of a readlist than before. I want to brush Jamiet off as a noob!Town. But his play is just soo scummy. Like I don't know any other site that I have ever played on that would read his play as town. So I can't even say "Oh, it's the culture over there." Because I bet if I entered the site, it definitely isn't.
I disagree with this. It could be that I'm fairly new and I empathise with newer players, which has almost caught me out before. But honestly I haven't seen any benefit to scum playing the noob card outside of newbie games. It's almost one of those "too scummy to be scum" scenarios. I think scum would be a lot more self aware. His confusion about how things work on MS seems genuine, if that's acting then I'd be very surprised as it doesn't feel contrived at all. I didn't like our interaction about me townreading him but honestly would scum be that flippant? It could all be WIFOM but his interactions with others make me think otherwise. Like he's not scared to confront people or wishy-washy in his reads, which is more of a scum tell than playing noobtown.

Jamie I know you have experience elsewhere but I really recommend playing in a newbie game where you get people playing who are "trained" to give you a handle on how things work on MS. The games are still competitive and fun imo.
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:18 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 472, Maki Harukawa wrote:As strong as you? No but I could vote Chisa Comm epic and Flavor if I was forced. Why ask?
Trying to gauge if you're tunneling me or not. I'll have to ISO you.

Return to “Completed Open Games”