Aster
Aster
Goon
Aster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2375 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:30 am

Post by Aster »

I'd like to congratulate Creature for being the single biggest problematic townie for the mafia; you were the only NK target who was chosen based on problematic statements moreso than rolehunting/strategic decisions.

I'd like to thank KidAmn, mutantdevle and Lil Uzi Vert for being remarkably sane townies amongst this mess.

I'd like to thank northsidegal for being a valuable scumpartner. I'd also like to thank havingfitz and CityElectric for not screwing anything up.

From my position as mafia, I'd like to thank mutantdevle and CommKnight for giving away their roles through softing, and thank momo for gamethrowing.

@Mod:
Can we get an overview of all night actions? I'm really curious who the jailkeeper targeted last night.
Aster
Aster
Goon
Aster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2376 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:32 am

Post by Aster »

In post 2368, Viomi wrote:Lmao Aster and I chatted all night in our PT and he was STILL pretending to be scum. FML.
I'm very sure that I was pretending to be town. We're post-game already; will your misrepresentations never stop? >_>
In post 2368, Viomi wrote:Also: I told you so
Lolwut? You voted momo (who I'm quite certain flipped town) and thereby cost town the game.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #2377 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:10 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

i breadcrumbed in my first post and i was confirmable
another cop check would have been a win
Aster
Aster
Goon
Aster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2378 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:20 pm

Post by Aster »

In post 2377, sheepsaysmeep wrote:i breadcrumbed in my first post and i was confirmable
?

By N4 (i.e. way too late) I figured out that you were the UB/Jailkeeper based on CommKnight's statements, but I can't find any breadcrumbing in your first post. Could you please point it out?
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2379 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:27 pm

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

Night 1 Actions:
Mutant protects northsidegal /facepalm
texcat investigates Assemblerotws (Innocent)
Aster kills MisaTange (Factional)
Viomi Neighborizes Aster

Night 2:
Mutant Protects Texcat
Texcat Investigates Northsidegal (Mafia)
Sheepdaysmeep jailkeeps Viomi
Viomi Neighborizes KidAmn (Fails)
Aster will vigkill texcat (Fails)
CityElectric kills mutantdevle

Night 3:
Havingfitz kills Creature
Texcat Investigates Sheepsaysmeep
Sheepsaysmeep Jailkeeps Viomi
Viomi Targets Kidamn

Night 4:
Texcat Investigates Havingfitz (Fails Due To Death)
Havingfitz Kills Texcat
Viomi Targets Kidamn

Night 5:
Aster Kills Sheepsaysmeep
Viomi Targets Kidamn

All PTs will be released in 48 hrs unless someone objects.
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2380 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:32 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 2375, Aster wrote:From my position as mafia, I'd like to thank mutantdevle and CommKnight for giving away their roles through softing,
It wasn't even intentional :'(

I'm glad I stopped your vig kill on texcat before my death though. For the record, I chose texcat then based on my statistics.

Here is the message I sent to Elmo:
mutantdevle wrote:Statistics suggest that the most common pattern in death relating to 2 players is that scum will kill 1 above or below their previously killed player on the draft list. Obviously, I can't protect myself and CityElectric just isn't worth saving. Besides, this would only occur if scum killed either of us because we are a threat with our reads. CityEletric hasn't said much and my reads are clearly wrong for Chip to be town. I'm also SUPER lynch bait-y now. So basically, not too worried about that.

Comm is the obvious choice for the night kill and best case scenario is if they go for it. However, I have no intention of protecting Comm. Comm said that they were not an investigative role and that their role would be useless if it was exposed. I reinforced the idea Comm was an investigative even after he said this to hopefully trick the scum :3. Based on this information, specifically the part he is useless if claimed, the only 4 roles he could be are Vengeful, 1-Shot PGO, Doctor or 1-Shot Commuter. Obviously, he is not the doctor since I am so that just leaves 3. Commuter has NEVER been chosen let alone picked so I'm ruling that out despite the survival priority aspect aligning with Comm's play. That leaves Vengeful and PGO. Since there is a chance he is a PGO and almost definitely going to use his ability tonight, that's both why I wanted him to live to see tonight and am not protecting him. However, I'm inclined to think he is the Vengeful as that is more useless than PGO if claimed. If he is Vengeful, then that makes him seem a little scummier to me. If scum, then I'd hope for a vig kill. If town, scum kill.

So that limits my options down to just the likely PRs. I was going to protect NSG again but I'm doubting my town read on her. Something that was super compelling for me though was my statistics. In 4 out of the 12 previous games, the #1 in the draft order gets night killed. In 100% of those games, this occurs on night 2. If texcat is town and the scum plan to kill her, it will happen tonight.

!protect texcat

If any of these are the scenario tomorrow then I'll be sad:
I am night killed. I'm not usually so arrogant but I feel that my role is important (not so sure about my opinions though). Like, I really hope they don't pick up on my accidental doc crumbs.

Comm is a town PGO and is vig killed so a town vig dies too.

Comm is town and is the only one who dies.

2 townies die. (either by an incorrect Comm revenge kill or the scum have a vig; ESPECIALLY the latter).

If any of these are the scenario tomorrow then I'll be happy:
No one dies. This means I can confirm textcat as town. Since Chip was the JK there would be no other cause of no kill. This also means that if I am pushed to L-1 I can role claim as doctor and confirm texcat as town. This means I would be night killed N3 and texcat would be killed N4. However, on D4 texcat would be able to reveal who they used their abilities on each night to boost the town. (unless they have a vig in which case RIP).

Comm is town and is shot by the mafia and kills a scum.

Comm is scum and gets vig killed but no one else dies. This again confirms to me texcat is town with the added benefit of scum dying also.

Also pretty sure Aster is scum. They seemed a little frustrated that my play day 1 wasn't getting me votes day 2. This sounds like scum who wanted me NK but only kept me alive as lynch bait. I'm not going to mention this unless I am forced to role claim though.
I can't help but notice that my read of the game (first 2 paragraphs) was blatantly wrong, but my gut feelings and statistic-based analysis was almost perfectly spot on.

Once the PT's are released I will add all the information in this game to my statistics. Because clearly, they are useful. My lesson I can take away from this game is to be more careful and not accidentally crumb my role like a complete dumbass.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2381 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:39 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

Oh yeah, and I probably shouldn't blatantly discount that the universal backup is a role.
I mostly just lurk now.
Aster
Aster
Goon
Aster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2382 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:48 pm

Post by Aster »

In post 2379, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:Texcat Investigates Havingfitz (Fails Due To Death)
Surprised by this one. Here I was thinking that texcat was going to investigate momo.

Also, Sheepy has just been targeting Viomi ad infinum for no reason? Last night's battle of wits to figure out who we should send for the nightkill suddenly feels far less epic than it should've been...

Fitz, may I confbias that targeting Viomi was a bad idea? May I? <3
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2383 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:52 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i enjoyed playing with you, mutant – hope to see you around some time.

i probably played a better game in the scum pt than in the actual game thread – i think you'll all enjoy reading through it.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Aster
Aster
Goon
Aster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2384 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:17 pm

Post by Aster »

In post 2381, mutantdevle wrote:Oh yeah, and I probably shouldn't blatantly discount that the universal backup is a role.
Definitely. The universal backups was among the biggest concerns of the mafia. We already knew the doctor and the cop by N1, but we let both of them live. Why? If we were to kill either of them, their role would most likely be taken over by the universal backup (who has a really high probability of existing) and then by D2 we'd still have a doctor/cop, but this time without knowing who they are.

As long as the UB was unsaturated, going after powerroles was meaningless. This shoved our powerrole hunting back by a whole day and caused real problems in getting rid of texcat.
In post 2380, mutantdevle wrote:I reinforced the idea Comm was an investigative even after he said this to hopefully trick the scum :3
An amazing move ^^ *applause*

Scum was aware that there was a really high probability of the #1 player being targeted during N2. We've got a lot of statistics in the scumthread ^^

The #1 player was a NK target in 4 out of the 6 games which reached N2 and didn't have scum in the #1 spot.

Of course you'd be aware of this which, made us hesitant going after texcat N2, because you'd definitely protect her if you weren't preoccupied with protecting the claimed cop CommKnight. We decided to try anyway because (1) we hoped that you'd be preoccupied with protecting CommKnight whom you believed to be the cop, and (2) texcat would be difficult to dispose of before N4 anyhow and she had a high risk of finding scum tonight.

If it wasn't for us thinking you could be preoccupied protecting CommKnight, we wouldn't have bothered going after texcat. (In hindsight, I think going after texcat was a stupid idea to begin with, but oh well.)

So, well done!
In post 2380, mutantdevle wrote:Also pretty sure Aster is scum. They seemed a little frustrated that my play day 1 wasn't getting me votes day 2.
I was frustrated? ._.

I actually wanted to keep you alive until we saturated the universal backup. Which is also why I jumped off your wagon later in D1 — scum was trying to try to lynch you until we realised that we had completely overlooked the universal backup threat, after which we switched to "there is no need to lynch mutant, but no need to particularly disrupt the already existing bandwagon either."
Aster
Aster
Goon
Aster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2385 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:26 pm

Post by Aster »

In post 2383, northsidegal wrote:i enjoyed playing with you, mutant – hope to see you around some time.
I agree with this. For playerbase purposes, I actually wanted to keep you alive because you were so engaged in this game, but I kinda couldn't justify letting the doctor live just to be nice.
Aster
Aster
Goon
Aster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2386 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:47 pm

Post by Aster »

In post 2379, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:Night 4:
Viomi Targets Kidamn
Hold on. Viomi is
town
and she
lied
about targeting texcat on N4?

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2387 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:02 pm

Post by havingfitz »

In post 2382, Aster wrote:Fitz, may I confbias that targeting Viomi was a bad idea? May I? <3
You may.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2388 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:05 pm

Post by havingfitz »

Good game folks.

Thanks for modding Elmo.

I enjoyed what limited time I was in the game.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2389 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:14 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 2378, Aster wrote:
In post 2377, sheepsaysmeep wrote:i breadcrumbed in my first post and i was confirmable
?

By N4 (i.e. way too late) I figured out that you were the UB/Jailkeeper based on CommKnight's statements, but I can't find any breadcrumbing in your first post. Could you please point it out?
first letters or smth
uni back i think it spelled?

comm was so fucking obvious he was all like oh the people above me are town because this is one of the first scum role picks
like scum obviously want rolecop
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2390 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:17 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 2382, Aster wrote:Also, Sheepy has just been targeting Viomi ad infinum for no reason? Last night's battle of wits to figure out who we should send for the nightkill suddenly feels far less epic than it should've been...
the first two times i thought viomi was obvtown and nk target
the last night you were obvious scum so i didnt think you would do the kill
last night i thought viomi was scum so i tried to roleblock her
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2391 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:17 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

like aster was obvscum
i didnt jailkeep him cause i didnt think he would perform the kill shit
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2392 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:19 pm

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

In post 2386, Aster wrote:
In post 2379, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:Night 4:
Viomi Targets Kidamn
Hold on. Viomi is
town
and she
lied
about targeting texcat on N4?

That may have been my error. Either way it didnt matter. As Viomi was Jailkept every night. As a mod it was infuriating
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2393 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:19 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

lolsorry
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2394 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:19 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

her mylo play was scummy as fuck
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2395 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:31 pm

Post by northsidegal »

by the way, not sure how luv got lynched at all – i thought after my flip that he would be near-conftown.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2396 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:33 pm

Post by Creature »

I found more weird how town had Aster pegged yet still fuckvoted momo.
Sigh
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2397 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:34 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 2395, northsidegal wrote:by the way, not sure how luv got lynched at all – i thought after my flip that he would be near-conftown.
yo i called not w/w before his quicklynch
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2398 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:34 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

yeah viomi your momo vote was really bad
like i didnt see how you couldnt be scum after that mylo ;-;
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2399 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:37 pm

Post by Creature »

Both town momo votes were fuckvotes for me.
Sigh

Return to “Completed Open Games”