Post Post #2400 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:49 pm

Post by Aster »

In post 2387, havingfitz wrote:You may.
Yay! ^^
In post 2389, sheepsaysmeep wrote:first letters or smth
uni back i think it spelled?
I see now. Thanks.
In post 2389, sheepsaysmeep wrote:like scum obviously want rolecop
I have to disagree with this one. I'd much rather have the [Cop/1-shot-redirector] as scum. The cop singlehandedly killed one of our scumbros, ruined perfectly good lynchbait, kept us from disposing of the jailkeeper, and caused a really troublesome D5; if we hadn't won by N5, town would have had a surewin strategy. The cop is about three times as powerful as any other role in this game.

I personally think that I overlooked many powerful roles during the draft. If we had the jailkeeper, texcat would've never been a threat to us. If we had the universal backup/rolecop, then we could've started killing the powerroles way earlier. If we had the N3Vig in addition to the 1ShotVig, we could've caused MyLo by day 3. If we had succeeded in getting the roleblocker (/doctor), we could've neutralised texcat N1 and killed him N2. If we had the rolecop (/UB), then we could've killed off the powerroles way earlier.

Many roles are good ones. The rolecop is a good one (mostly by destroying the UB), but I wouldn't call it nearly a top priority.
CityElectric
CityElectric
Goon
CityElectric
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2401 (ISO) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:06 pm

Post by CityElectric »

I think cop/redirector is about equally powerful as RC/UB for scum, but for different reasons. Cop is important to take it away from town, RC/UB for the power it gives the scumteam.

Also, holy shit scum dodged a bullet there on N4.
Aster
Aster
Goon
Aster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2402 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:54 am

Post by Aster »

One thing, northside, I think you should try to have a bit more confidence; or at least pretend to. Sudden hammer aside, it looks like you've caught significantly more flak for being surprisingly silent compared to your town games than for anything you actually said.

I tend to think of myself as "the impertinent townie who doesn't know when to shup up" and just say whatever I want to, while paying little attention to how scummy it would make me look. I'm not sure whether it's the best strategy here, as fitz and city seem to have caught less suspicion than me, but I don't think it's necessary to scrunitise every single line you make.

I'd say: assume it is passable as town unless you have cause to believe it makes you look scum, not the other way around.
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2403 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:02 am

Post by Lalendra »

The good thing about being me is people think you're scum no matter what so when you're scum people go "idk, I think this is her town game"
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2404 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:18 am

Post by Viomi »

In post 2376, Aster wrote:I'm very sure that I was pretending to be town. We're post-game already; will your misrepresentations never stop? >_>
Yikes, it was literally a typo you aggressive dickbag. Game's over, can't use alignment as an excuse to be a cunt, please shove off :)

To everyone who didn't lurk or throw the game: gg!
KidAmn
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2405 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:19 am

Post by KidAmn »

In post 2402, Aster wrote:One thing, northside, I think you should try to have a bit more confidence; or at least pretend to. Sudden hammer aside, it looks like you've caught significantly more flak for being surprisingly silent compared to your town games than for anything you actually said.

I tend to think of myself as "the impertinent townie who doesn't know when to shup up" and just say whatever I want to, while paying little attention to how scummy it would make me look. I'm not sure whether it's the best strategy here, as fitz and city seem to have caught less suspicion than me, but I don't think it's necessary to scrunitise every single line you make.

I'd say: assume it is passable as town unless you have cause to believe it makes you look scum, not the other way around.
Viomi provided you with a lot of camouflage just by making so much noise for you to play off and look like a TvT bitchfest tbh

Pedit: again, Viomi - fuck you.
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2406 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:21 am

Post by Viomi »

In post 2376, Aster wrote:Lolwut? You voted momo (who I'm quite certain flipped town) and thereby cost town the game
>when Aster didn't pay attention to the entirety of the last day and still wins because town sucked that bad
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2407 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:22 am

Post by Viomi »

In post 2405, KidAmn wrote:
In post 2402, Aster wrote:One thing, northside, I think you should try to have a bit more confidence; or at least pretend to. Sudden hammer aside, it looks like you've caught significantly more flak for being surprisingly silent compared to your town games than for anything you actually said.

Viomi provided you with a lot of camouflage just by making so much noise for you to play off and look like a TvT bitchfest tbh

Pedit: again, Viomi - fuck you.
Dude you threw the game so enjoy your blacklist, k bye

I don't play with people who don't play to win, that's kinda what the game is balanced around.
KidAmn
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2408 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:25 am

Post by KidAmn »

In post 2407, Viomi wrote:Dude you threw the game so enjoy your blacklist, k bye

I don't play with people who don't play to win, that's kinda what the game is balanced around.
:giggle:
KidAmn
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2409 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:26 am

Post by KidAmn »

when 2 players with over 900 posts between them complain about you throwing the game because they make it unreadable

MS 2018
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2410 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:27 am

Post by Viomi »

In post 2386, Aster wrote:
In post 2379, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:Night 4:
Viomi Targets Kidamn
Hold on. Viomi is
town
and she
lied
about targeting texcat on N4?

Nope, I targeted texcat. Mod is wrong.

I love getting jailkept 4 times in a row...
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2411 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:29 am

Post by Viomi »

In post 2409, KidAmn wrote:when 2 players with over 900 posts between them complain about you throwing the game because they make it unreadable

MS 2018
If you can't participate in a game, you replace out. :facepalm:
KidAmn
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2412 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:30 am

Post by KidAmn »

In post 2411, Viomi wrote:
In post 2409, KidAmn wrote:when 2 players with over 900 posts between them complain about you throwing the game because they make it unreadable

MS 2018
Well your "participating" was creating an unreadable shitfest with Aster so
well played
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2413 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:31 am

Post by Viomi »

In post 2412, KidAmn wrote:

MS 2018
well played
No, you're missing the point. If you don't enjoy a game, instead of ruining it for everyone else because you can't fucking read, replace out. Game throwing is strictly against the rules here.
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2414 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:32 am

Post by Viomi »

And nobody else seemed to think it was unreadable, soooo
Aster
Aster
Goon
Aster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2415 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:37 am

Post by Aster »

In post 2406, Viomi wrote:>when Aster didn't pay attention to the entirety of the last day and still wins because town sucked that bad
> Votes momo;
> Whines about stupid town letting scum win.
In post 2407, Viomi wrote:I don't play with people who don't play to win, that's kinda what the game is balanced around.
> Is sure Aster and Fitz are scum;
> Votes momo;
> Whines about others not playing to win.
In post 2414, Viomi wrote:And nobody else seemed to think it was unreadable, soooo
In post 2221, sheepsaysmeep wrote:ofc not who reads your posts
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2416 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:41 am

Post by Lalendra »

P sure sheep was just trolling Viomi based on her "READ MY POSTS" freakouts, sig, location, etc.

Can you guys not? It was a shit game, whatever, next one will be better
KidAmn
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
KidAmn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2417 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:41 am

Post by KidAmn »

In post 2413, Viomi wrote:
In post 2412, KidAmn wrote:

MS 2018
well played
No, you're missing the point. If you don't enjoy a game, instead of ruining it for everyone else because you can't fucking read, replace out. Game throwing is strictly against the rules here.
I think
you're
missing the fucking point.

You made the game
unreadable
, as in your constant egotistic posturing (which you're continuing now) and self-masturbatory "I Am So Great" bullshit made it impossible to get a read on you and clouded the rest of the game state, because of shitty posting like this:
Oh, so you weren't calling the argument stupid, you were being stupid. Damn.
Can you use your brain for one fucking second? Jesus Christ..
In post 1591, Viomi wrote:Also you telling me to play is kind of hilarious, please don't talk down to people who have been playing for years longer than you.
Because bad players like you allow them to live and pretend it isn't AI.
Just because you're from some shit forum where lurking the game out is somehow not scummy doesn't mean that's the case here.
This is dumb. Bad post. Stop it, CK.
Where you do nothing but jerk yourself off over how superior you are (oh, and let's not forget trying to get Aster modkilled on what you
thought
should be the rules and not what the rules are.

And now you have no excuse for pretending not to know that's exactly what I was fucking saying so good day and once more, fuck off.
Aster
Aster
Goon
Aster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2418 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:46 am

Post by Aster »

In post 2416, Lalendra wrote:P sure sheep was just trolling Viomi based on her "READ MY POSTS" freakouts, sig, location, etc.
Let's not forget that she spent half of D2 whining about how nobody was reading her posts, somehow not realising that it means the problem lies with her instead of everyone else. I thought "ofc not who reads your posts" was quite a good summary of D2.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2419 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:26 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 2383, northsidegal wrote:i enjoyed playing with you, mutant – hope to see you around some time.

i probably played a better game in the scum pt than in the actual game thread – i think you'll all enjoy reading through it.
Thank you :3 I'll definitely be around and I look forward to reading the scum PT.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2420 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:35 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 2384, Aster wrote:
In post 2381, mutantdevle wrote:Oh yeah, and I probably shouldn't blatantly discount that the universal backup is a role.
Definitely. The universal backups was among the biggest concerns of the mafia. We already knew the doctor and the cop by N1, but we let both of them live. Why? If we were to kill either of them, their role would most likely be taken over by the universal backup (who has a really high probability of existing) and then by D2 we'd still have a doctor/cop, but this time without knowing who they are.

As long as the UB was unsaturated, going after powerroles was meaningless. This shoved our powerrole hunting back by a whole day and caused real problems in getting rid of texcat.
In post 2380, mutantdevle wrote:I reinforced the idea Comm was an investigative even after he said this to hopefully trick the scum :3
An amazing move ^^ *applause*

Scum was aware that there was a really high probability of the #1 player being targeted during N2. We've got a lot of statistics in the scumthread ^^

The #1 player was a NK target in 4 out of the 6 games which reached N2 and didn't have scum in the #1 spot.

Of course you'd be aware of this which, made us hesitant going after texcat N2, because you'd definitely protect her if you weren't preoccupied with protecting the claimed cop CommKnight. We decided to try anyway because (1) we hoped that you'd be preoccupied with protecting CommKnight whom you believed to be the cop, and (2) texcat would be difficult to dispose of before N4 anyhow and she had a high risk of finding scum tonight.

If it wasn't for us thinking you could be preoccupied protecting CommKnight, we wouldn't have bothered going after texcat. (In hindsight, I think going after texcat was a stupid idea to begin with, but oh well.)

So, well done!
In post 2380, mutantdevle wrote:Also pretty sure Aster is scum. They seemed a little frustrated that my play day 1 wasn't getting me votes day 2.
I was frustrated? ._.

I actually wanted to keep you alive until we saturated the universal backup. Which is also why I jumped off your wagon later in D1 — scum was trying to try to lynch you until we realised that we had completely overlooked the universal backup threat, after which we switched to "there is no need to lynch mutant, but no need to particularly disrupt the already existing bandwagon either."
I'm glad I tricked you enough to prevent your vig kill but not enough to get you to kill CommKnight, though obviously, you knew texcat was the cop. Not that killing comm/sheep would have mattered anyway since he wasted his ability :3

And obviously, I was wrong about you being frustrated (as I realised when Elmo told us the reason you didn't kill me N1 in the dead PT). But I still think I would have scum read you late game based on how I would have been assuming you were frustrated and hence seeing everything you say in a scummier light :P
I mostly just lurk now.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #2421 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:37 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

i thought viomi was obvtown so i was trying to protect her :/

then i thought she was obvscum the last night
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2422 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:40 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

kek
I mostly just lurk now.
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2423 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:08 pm

Post by Viomi »

In post 2415, Aster wrote:
In post 2406, Viomi wrote:>when Aster didn't pay attention to the entirety of the last day and still wins because town sucked that bad
> Votes momo;
> Whines about stupid town letting scum win.
In post 2407, Viomi wrote:I don't play with people who don't play to win, that's kinda what the game is balanced around.
> Is sure Aster and Fitz are scum;
> Votes momo;
> Whines about others not playing to win.
In post 2414, Viomi wrote:And nobody else seemed to think it was unreadable, soooo
In post 2221, sheepsaysmeep wrote:ofc not who reads your posts
It's ok, at least I don't hate myself
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2424 (ISO) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:17 pm

Post by Viomi »

In post 2287, Viomi wrote:Also, momo stating he thinks it's Aster + fitz makes me think that slot is legit lurker / VI slot and that it really is fitz + Aster

After all, scum would be trying to get me + whoever the other town is lynched, right? And both fitz and Aster have said they think it's momo and I.

Therefore...

VOTE: fitz

GG :D
In post 2288, Viomi wrote:Process of elimination, babyyyyy

it's fitz + aster
In post 2295, Viomi wrote:Basically, by process of elimination, if two of the other players think me and one other person should be lynched, that other person must be town with me

therefore, Aster + fitz scumteam.
In post 2298, Viomi wrote:
In post 2296, sheepsaysmeep wrote:and have you not seen scum suggest that their scumbuddy might be scum in mylo
I have, yes, and this is a good point

But Aster is saying "it could be fitz but idk let's lynch momo" and fencesitting
and fitz is saying "it could be Aster but idk let's lynch momo" and fencesitting

Sooo it's a pretty easy choice for me tbh
In post 2299, Viomi wrote:Aster: scum!viomi, probably momo but maybe fitz
fitz: scum!momo, probably viomi but maybe aster
momo: scum!aster, scum!fitz, which means town!viomi

only one of those makes sense from my perspective as town sooooo
In post 2312, Viomi wrote:Cool I think we can all agree Aster is our choice of Lynch

If those two are fighting eachother then they're not on the same alignment and therefore Aster is confscum
In post 2314, Viomi wrote:
In post 2313, momo wrote:
In post 2312, Viomi wrote:Cool I think we can all agree Aster is our choice of Lynch

If those two are fighting eachother then they're not on the same alignment and therefore Aster is confscum
Are u seriously going to ignore everything I’ve said???

The logic makes sense though
I asked who you wanted to lynch first with the express intent to vote otherwise.

It's either Aster+you or Aster+Fitz since you two are clashing. I still think it's Aster + Fitz but I can't deny the possibility that it's Aster+momo. Plus, better safe than sorry.

VOTE: Aster
In post 2319, Viomi wrote:
In post 2317, momo wrote:Well aster+fitz makes sense to me..fine voting aster on the condition that we lynch fitz tomorrow because he has appeared very scummy to me

VOTE: Aster

L-2
Not waiting for an opportunistic chance to quickhammer with fitz if I got sheep or KidAmn to vote Aster?

Suddenly feeling realllly good about aster+fitz scumteam :D
In post 2324, Viomi wrote:Oohoohoo

sheep: it isn't momo, it's Aster + Fitz. Let's steamroll them.

momo: come join me on Aster first, mkay? We can hit fitz
In post 2330, Viomi wrote:
In post 2328, sheepsaysmeep wrote:does anyone want to realize that a scumteam that isnt momo/viomi or fitz/aster is very likely
Nah I don't think so

It's not Fitz + momo at least which means it is Aster
In post 2335, Viomi wrote:
In post 2333, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 2330, Viomi wrote:It's not Fitz + momo at least which means it is Aster
it can very well be fitz/aster
sure so let's get aster
In post 2421, sheepsaysmeep wrote:then i thought she was obvscum the last night
I'm.. I'm sorry, you thought I was obvscum the last night? Seriously? After momo flipped town, you thought the obvious answer was that
I
was scum? FML
In post 2355, Viomi wrote:Fiine

I'm just gonna assume Aster is VI and if not, then I guess they deserve the win for somehow managing to active lurk the fuck outta this game

VOTE: momo
@Aster: I literally explained in the above post that my vote on momo was literally because conftowns were screwing the game and I wasn't going to be able to get them to actually vote scum. Why you gotta be a dick, game's over.

Return to “Completed Open Games”