Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:03 am

Post by Luca Blight »

1) I never called myself confirmed town.

2) Of course I'm skeptical of people challenging me - if I was scum and there was someone with a huge amount of towncred in the game, I would want to unsettle that situation.

3) I'm not sure what your point is about me helping find scum - it's like you're unwilling to give the credit due to me for my part in those lynches.

4) My 'taking charge' only really happened on D2, which I think was fair enough seeing as I almost single-handedly pushed through a scum lynch on D1. You are exaggerating this point; in case you hadn't noticed I haven't been trying to control everything since then.

5) Even if I was demanding as much control as you're making out, why would I use that control to lynch all of my scumbuddies? I don't see the logic behind that; surely I'd be better off going with the flow and hoping Town was lynched instead?

6) Nice little disclaimer at the end. It seems as though you're just fishing for reactions to see if a Luca lynch is possible, while giving yourself an easy jump-off point with Athena.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:21 am

Post by MathBlade »

Votecount 8.37

Luca Blight(1)
~ cytheflyguy

Not Voting (4): CommKnight, Luca Blight, CultOfAthena, Impede

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch.
Day 8 deadline is in (expired on 2017-12-22 23:35:00)

FLAVORThis is an automated vote count generated by a tool written by MathBlade. It goes much smoother with exact votes but will try to detect bold votes and misspellings. If you have issues during this beta, please get MathBlade.

Performed 53 calls in 102 seconds. With an average of 1.92928301886792 seconds per call.

Vote count number again /sigh
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:10 am

Post by Impede »

I want to lynch Athena just because it's so hard to make a case against her. She loves to talk about how she creates all this content, but it always feels hollow. I feel like very few of her posts meaningfully advance the game, but she manages to look super towny while doing it.
I'm good with this today.

VOTE: Athena
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:47 am

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 1279, Impede wrote:I want to lynch Athena just because it's so hard to make a case against her.
If you're town, perhaps this should indicate something to you?
She loves to talk about how she creates all this content, but it always feels hollow. I feel like very few of her posts meaningfully advance the game, but she manages to look super towny while doing it.
I'm good with this today.

VOTE: Athena
I've only talked about how much content I create this game twice ( and ), both times in response to people alleging that I don't post anything of relevance. That's hardly me "loving" to talk about myself.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:19 am

Post by Impede »

Just the impression I have. I haven't ISO dived you, but idk if I need to. Just feel like you haven't really pushed for any lynches or advanced the game meaningfully. Might just be a preconceived read, but I have yet to read anything that changed my mind.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:22 am

Post by Impede »

What's everyone's favorites for 3p MYLO? And who would you lynch of the 3?

I'm thinking Luca, Comm, and myself. Lynching Luca.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:27 am

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 1281, Impede wrote:Just the impression I have. I haven't ISO dived you, but idk if I need to. Just feel like you haven't really pushed for any lynches or advanced the game meaningfully. Might just be a preconceived read, but I have yet to read anything that changed my mind.
Are you forgetting about my push on you or just deliberately ignoring it?
In post 1282, Impede wrote:What's everyone's favorites for 3p MYLO? And who would you lynch of the 3?

I'm thinking Luca, Comm, and myself. Lynching Luca.
Comm, Cy and myself (hey, the C Crew – Comm, Cy, CoA). If the game isn't won there, probably lynch Cy, although I'd take a look at some of Comm's scumgames at that point. He hasn't seemed like his usual abrasive townie self as of recent.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:30 am

Post by Impede »

Athena, how would you feel about Comm, Cy and me, lynching me?
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:34 am

Post by CultOfAthena »

Out of all of the 3p situations that don't include me that's probably the best one, but I don't trust people to follow through on it. Like, if you're alive in a 3p lylo you're never accepting yourself getting lynched, so it seems to me like you're just saying that to get me to accept myself getting lynched on a false promise.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:36 am

Post by Impede »

No I just wanted to gauge how long it would take you to respond. I think you're town.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:36 am

Post by Impede »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Cy
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:39 am

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 1286, Impede wrote:No I just wanted to gauge how long it would take you to respond. I think you're town.
That's interesting. What was the initial question you wanted answered from how long it would take me to respond, and what conclusion did you draw?
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:48 am

Post by Impede »

It was enough of a strange premise that I'd expect scum to overanalyze what the towniest answer would be. Don't think you could come up with a meaningful response that quickly if you had to overanalyze. Maybe you're just good. But I don't want to lynch you today at least.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:12 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Votecount 8.38

Luca Blight(1)
~ cytheflyguy

cytheflyguy(1)
~ Impede

Not Voting (3): CommKnight, Luca Blight, CultOfAthena

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch.

Day 8 deadline is in (expired on 2017-12-22 23:35:00)

FLAVORThis is an automated vote count generated by a tool written by MathBlade. It goes much smoother with exact votes but will try to detect bold votes and misspellings. If you have issues during this beta, please get MathBlade.

Performed 53 calls in 21 seconds. With an average of 0.412094339622641 seconds per call.

MOD NotesSorry for two vote counts on the same page. Just needed to note tweaks I made to the VC.

Added initial word detector based off a list of dictionary words I found.
Added "words" if delimited by a space or a "_"
Fixed No lynch bug
Made a potential lag fix.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:36 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Spoiler: This post pinged me a bit
In post 1238, CommKnight wrote:So, I've been thinking about it for a while now. But I'm pretty confident on saying this. I'm allowing Luca to control the lynches for now with suggesting my own (which did nail us 3 scum so far, 1 of which I pushed quite a bit).

The thing is, if we get to 3-4 people left and final scum isn't killed. I full on plan to lynch Luca. So Luca has the next few lynches to find scum. If he fails to find scum and it's LYLO, then I lynch him just in case he bussed all along.

But till then, I'm kinda liking Cy for town lately and Moz is definitely today's lynch regardless of how long we draw out talking. So Moz can say his thoughts and reads. But he is being lynched today.

This, if Comm is scum, feels like he's setting himself up for the win - he knows I townread him and wouldn't lynch him before MYLO, and then I would be lynched. He also feels a bit different to the last game I had with him where he was Town, but I feel like I want to trust in my townslip theory. Lucky would have been bussing him as well, and I get the impression Lucky isn't someone who busses unless he has to.

Definitely Impede or cy being lynched today.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:37 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I'm leaning Athena Town as well for posts such as this:
In post 707, Lucky2u wrote:VOTE: Cult of Athena

I'm throwing myself behind Moz on this one, sorry Luca.
No real reason for Lucky to bus Athena here when I was pressing a Laser lynch.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:00 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 1277, Luca Blight wrote:1) I never called myself confirmed town.

2) Of course I'm skeptical of people challenging me - if I was scum and there was someone with a huge amount of towncred in the game, I would want to unsettle that situation.

3) I'm not sure what your point is about me helping find scum - it's like you're unwilling to give the credit due to me for my part in those lynches.

4) My 'taking charge' only really happened on D2, which I think was fair enough seeing as I almost single-handedly pushed through a scum lynch on D1. You are exaggerating this point; in case you hadn't noticed I haven't been trying to control everything since then.

5) Even if I was demanding as much control as you're making out, why would I use that control to lynch all of my scumbuddies? I don't see the logic behind that; surely I'd be better off going with the flow and hoping Town was lynched instead?

6) Nice little disclaimer at the end. It seems as though you're just fishing for reactions to see if a Luca lynch is possible, while giving yourself an easy jump-off point with Athena.
1) You damn near said it in , , and (This one is interesting because it looks like you're saying it sarcastically but the implications are genuine). You've danced around it several times but the implications are clear.

2) That's such a flawed argument tho. If you really wanted to make sure that you held your position, wouldn't you embrace challenge to showcase how town you are?

3) I've given you credit before but it feels like you're giving yourself too much of it. Like, this is the first game I've played in with a "leader". Granted I've only played 6 games so far, so it may be more common then I think it is. Starting day 2, you set yourself up to be the leader of the town with no signs of stepping down. Maybe I'm more passionate about this because I finished government this semester but anyone who secures their power like that and fights off challenge the way you do is a tyrant (no offense, btw, you look like a good enough person but I'm talking about your play style). What we need, if anything, for a person of power to be a president. Yeah, don't let people walk all over you, but you shouldn't get so irrirated if people question you. If this game is about democracy, then so should the leader, right? Anyone who fights off challenge has a fear that they will be exposed as weak, so if they start the war on early attackers, then other people will be less motivated to challenge your power until people have enough. It's government 101. What you did or did not do honestly doesn't concern me, it's how you do it. Here, the end does not justify the means.

4) Yes you have tho. Even though you've long stopped doing that official voting pool thing, you've still tried to take control of what you could. I don't even have to look far for a previous example. On this same page in has you trying to take over power and control who's being lynched and not the why. Also did it in . Yeah, you have posts why's before, but most of them are earlier in the game and I'm not saying that you don't at all. You've done it other times but I think you get the picture. All I'm saying is that you act first and then explain later, which I don't think is a good policy? That being said, a lot of top level players do that, but not to this extent. I'll be fair and tell you that you're not all about lynch pools, but you've done it to an extent that it doesn't feel natural to me.

5) This is a game with a huge element of bureaucracy -- i.e. a fixation of fixed rules. Eventually, after day 2 or 3, we will start having lynches to take out those who are the most suspicious but not exactly a scumread (ie Zulfy). There is nothing else to this game other than talking. Yeah, it will be harder to make it towards LyLo, but if you have the trust of the town -- by force if needed -- then you would be able to win. No one could just check you like a cop. Besides, you need that control somehow. If you keep on being incorrect, then other people would draw suspicion on you faster. Again, day 1 happened because you knew UVC's meta and day 3 happened because Zulfy was inactive and it was a policy lynch. And no, it would not be better to go with the flow as wouldn't that make you fense a lot of issues which would put suspicion on you, especially someone as through as you. I think you're a really good player and want to use that to your advantage, but I think there is an ulterior motive. Again, I'm not trying to tunnel you, but this is what I think you could be doing. I don't see any town motivation from trying to base lynches off of how confirmed town you are (which you did more earlier in the game) or being so flustered when people question your status. Then again, that was a reason why people were pushing Moz and he flipped green.

Yeah, it's possible for you to be town, but you have my FoS atm. No one else has triggered it more than you.

6) Yes? It's like I'm sticking to what I said earlier and trying to figure out who's the best lynch before we get to LyLo (Or is it MyLo?). *gasp* And I honestly want to see what you'd say because this is more of a FoS (I forgot what the term was so I was trying to explain it). As I also quoted and agreed with Impede, I'd like for us to get reads on everyone before we push another lynch.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:02 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 1287, Impede wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Cy
Hm?
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:35 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

1) I was referring to the fact people have been calling me such things as 'confirmed town' and 'almost confirmed town' this game.

2) Why should I want to showcase how Town I am? That would only be the case if I was scum, which I'm not. And it isn't a flawed argument - it's a natural inclination to suspect people who suspect you, especially when you are in a strong position in the Town in such a game as this.

3) The reason I played this way on D2 is because there were still three scum at large - easily enough to misguide any lynch. I knew I could only trust myself, and everyone ele could only trust me, therefore I should the the one to decide that particular lynch. In the end I didn't want a Laser lynch but couldn't persuade the others to jump off, so my influence ultimately failed anyway.

4) This is something everyone does to some degree. If it was me controlling the lynch then I would demand everyone vote one particular player, but instead I narrow down a list of three good lynch choices and suggest people vote one of them. This is no different from anyone else suggesting who they want lynched. I've actually been following the likes of Comm and Impede since Lucky's lynch.

5) It would be a silly strategy to lynch my three scumbuddies within the first four lynches of the game and expect to survive mislynch after mislynch without being suspected. Comm, who I townread, has already stated if the game goes to MYLO he will set out to lynch me. Everyone else in the game also seems pretty cool with my lynch at some point, so don't you see as scum I'd be basically setting myself up for the loss here?

6) My point stands. Lining up Athena's lynch after saying you don't understand why people are scumreading her seems like a calculated move.
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:34 pm

Post by CommKnight »

My preference of final 3: Myself, Cult, and Luca with Luca being lynched if we're still playing at that point.

However, I'll even up my anti. I'll even accept being lynched before MYLO if you're that paranoid of me being scum playing you. But if I'm alive at MYLO and Luca is also alive, I'm lynching him straight up. I also think any remaining town should agree to that. But till then, anyone else can be on the chopping block and it gives Luca a chance to do his best scum-hunting. So he has to pick two people to take with him to MYLO and accept that if he hasn't found scum by then, he's being lynched. It's sorta like town insurance for him to not be scum tricking us and for him to do his best to lynch scum.

Anyone disagree with what I'm saying? This game is pretty much in the bag, we only need one more scummy and we can choose who we take to final 3 and who gets lynched in final 3.

I'm gonna be in and out the rest of the night. Gotta check on some things on-site and play a bit tonight now with my last exam over and a couple days off work. But tomorrow (real life day) I'll be making a town/scum case for each remaining player just because I think it's valuable to begin thinking about the chances and the fact is a majority of us ARE town, so if we're mass-townreading someone, perhaps we should bring them to MYLO. But if we're all pretty much scumreading 1 person, then that person needs to obviously go because of that.

Anyway, back in a bit.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:40 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

I'm almost certainly voting cy and Impede for the next two lynches, so I guess if either Comm or Athena are scum then they've got this sewn-up.
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:08 pm

Post by CommKnight »

Which is why I think we should hold off on lynching until EVERYONE posts a town/scum case for each person.
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:34 pm

Post by Impede »

RIP. Thought for sure I'd make it to MYLO. Scum is playing a great game today. If I'm not in the townblock, better to get my lynch out of the way... esp since I've got a gnarly work week this week (at least til Wed/Thurs) and will have to go out of my way to make time to post (probably won't go V/LA, but won't be posting as much).

I'm becoming super paranoid of Comm/Luca now and I think I prefer myself, Comm, and CoA in MYLO lynching Comm. I'm going to kick myself if Athena flips red after all this. Anyway. Don't read my posts if I get lynched. Idk wtf I'm talking about since my Zulfy/Lucky pushes. Can't sort who's scum in those remaining.
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:36 pm

Post by Impede »

Also, Cy is trying too hard
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:49 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 1300, Impede wrote:Also, Cy is trying too hard
I am. I don't trust Luca and I'm trying to put my reasoning for it. I'm still good with my lynch today, however, to prove that I'm not just bullshitting.

Return to “Completed Open Games”