humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:59 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

However, if I think that the wagon I'm on is town-driven and righteous, why the fuck would I back off?
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:04 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 74, humaneatingmonkey wrote:If the people I read as town unvote, I will. And so should you.
I wouldn't support an un-cc'd mason wagon.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:07 am

If a mason claims, he's dead anyway.

I think your POV of this game is coming from a different win-con but I'm not sure yet.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:08 am

VOTE: havingfitz

I'm probably right.
TwoInAMillion
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:42 am

Post by TwoInAMillion »

Un-cc'd masons can still be scum.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:52 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 77, humaneatingmonkey wrote:If a mason claims, he's dead anyway.

I think your POV of this game is coming from a different win-con but I'm not sure yet.
hem...

Normally a fake claim would come from scum under duress. A fakemasonclaimingscum might expect to survive unless/until a real mason decided to cc. Which I would argue...a mason should claim for the 1 for 1 exchange of scum and mason which imo results in advantage town.

Enter Gamma's suggestion...VTs should claim mason. This puts the real masons into the quandary of deciding whether a fake claim is from a VT or scum. Masons don't know which it is. They can't discuss amongst themselves because there are no PTs per the mod. Do they cc to get into a 1v1 potentially with a VT? Do they "just wagon that shit" and possibly lynch a VT? All the while helping scum narrow in on them. Under Gamma's suggestion masons should be more likely to not CC and should be LESS likely to "wagon that shit."

How is encouraging VTs to fakeclaim going to help town if it could either result in masons unnecessarily claiming OR provide an umbrella of uncertainty for scum to possibly claim mason and get further in the game?

I see no advantage to encouraging VTs to claim mason (to trick scum into shooting them) when at the same time it opens up the possibility of scum safely fakeclaiming mason to save their ass.

What Gamma's suggestion has also done imo is made a situation where a real mason might feel the need to claim less valid. Under Gamma's suggestion why should town suspect of a player believe a real mason claim?

I'm open to being convinced otherwise but I do not see any value atp in suggesting VTs should fake claim. It's not going to entice scum to shoot said mason claimer (unless scum are idiots) and it only adds fogs up the claim for town.

So please elaborate on how my thought process is off and how my wincon pov is different from yours?

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:53 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 79, TwoInAMillion wrote:Un-cc'd masons can still be scum.
Possibly....but I'm never voting an un-cc'd mason claim.

TwoInAMillion
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:57 am

Post by TwoInAMillion »

I'm confused as to why scum would claim a partner that would be CCd.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:19 am

Post by Almost50 »

That's it. I'm never gonna vote fitz ever in this game.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:56 am

Post by CommKnight »

Since you guys don't seem to understand the set-up fully and already fucked one plan completely, let's get this out onto the table.

There are NO night kills. Masons and Mafia cannot talk with each other. They may leave hints in some of their posts that the other members of their team will be more observant of.

We can actually force the mafia's hand. Pick one person to be hammer and pick two people to be at L1. If one or both are scum, they'll be forced to use their daykill attempt or completely risk being lynched without attempting one.

We ensure this method works because anyone who steps outside of two people to put at L1 is immediately lynched the next day, no waiting period, no time for scum to decide to attempt their daykills to kill masons, they get lynched for mishammering.

Any objections?
Modded
Open 691 (Mafia Win)
Open 700 (Town Win)
Mini 1976 - Filled (Currently setting up)
jzhenson93
jzhenson93
Townie
jzhenson93
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:42 am

Post by jzhenson93 »

In post 84, CommKnight wrote:Since you guys don't seem to understand the set-up fully and already fucked one plan completely, let's get this out onto the table.

There are NO night kills. Masons and Mafia cannot talk with each other. They may leave hints in some of their posts that the other members of their team will be more observant of.

We can actually force the mafia's hand. Pick one person to be hammer and pick two people to be at L1. If one or both are scum, they'll be forced to use their daykill attempt or completely risk being lynched without attempting one.

We ensure this method works because anyone who steps outside of two people to put at L1 is immediately lynched the next day, no waiting period, no time for scum to decide to attempt their daykills to kill masons, they get lynched for mishammering.

Any objections?
I like this thought process, but I'm not sure it's completely foolproof. It could lead us to "clear" people undeservedly (like if we happen to put two scum at L-1, or scum uses the hammer to bus).
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:18 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 84, CommKnight wrote:Since you guys don't seem to understand the set-up fully and already fucked one plan completely, let's get this out onto the table.

Any objections?
Let me tell you what I did understand (and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong):

1- You want to run 2 random players up to L-1
2- You want to pick a random player to be the one to decide between the two
3- You think that will force the scum of the two (or both if they're both scum) to shoot

Hmmm... this looks like a good plan on face value, but I need to take my time thinking about the probabilities.. like what if both players we wagon are Town? And what if the hammerer we choose is Scum?

TwoInAMillion
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:25 am

Post by TwoInAMillion »

I don't see how this will force scum to do anything. There is a 30% chance of any given player being scum, so if my math is correct a 60% chance of any two players having one scum in it. That means there is a 40% chance of both players being town. There is a chance this could be successful but there is also a chance it might not be. I'd rather have a better than 60% chance of winning.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:47 am

Post by Almost50 »

OK, so if I had to do the picks myself... wagon Comm & Jz and have 2InAMill be hammerer.

Any objections?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:48 am

Post by Almost50 »

^That is judging by responses to Comm's plan, btw.

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:09 am

Post by havingfitz »

I'm not a fan of the Comm plan.

No guarantees both people brought to L-1 will be scum. And as long as one (or both) of them aren't scum...the potential exists for the person hammering (regardless of their alignment) picking the wrong wagon to hammer.

What happens if one of the L-1 wagons is town and the hammerer mislynches? Are they held accountable for the mislynch? Does the person who wasn't hammered get paired up again the next day?

If one of the pair put to L-1 is a mason do they reveal so?

I'm all for figuring out ways to find scum that take the guesswork out of things but I'm not seeing how this is a good plan.

Also...odds of picking both scum for the pair are 4/13 * 1/4. I.e. 4/52 OR 1/13. So just under 8% odds.

I'm heading out for holiday stuff and will be
v/LA until Monday.
Will chime in if/when I get the opportunity.

MawhrinSkel
MawhrinSkel
Townie
MawhrinSkel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:20 am

Post by MawhrinSkel »

I don't get the plan, if we just pick 2 random people aren't the odds against us?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:21 am

Post by Almost50 »

That's why I suggested Comm to be one of the two wagons ;)

Comm's plan had me PMing the mod for clarification, as Comm stating "they'll be forced to use their daykill attempt or completely risk being lynched without attempting one." had me wondering if I misunderstood and the goons each were 1-shot. (otherwise "risk being lynched without attempting one" makes no sense).

The response I got confirms any goon can shoot any number of times throughout the game (provided -of course- they're not shooting a VT), so Scum can strategically sacrifice 3 goons in order to identify the Masons and the one surviving goon could still win the game for them.

As such, the Comm plan becomes obviously flawed and is indeed an attempt to identify "who's willing to vote whom".

VOTE: CommKnight

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:23 am

Post by Almost50 »

Let's all wagon Comm and :force him to shoot or risk bla bla bla" ;)

MawhrinSkel
MawhrinSkel
Townie
MawhrinSkel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:25 am

Post by MawhrinSkel »

I also don't get how fake claiming helps, masons can't CC or they will get killed, so any scum can also fake claim mason and wont be CC so I have no idea what the point of this is.
MawhrinSkel
MawhrinSkel
Townie
MawhrinSkel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:28 am

Post by MawhrinSkel »

@almost50 while I agree it was a stupid plan wouldn't the goons know that they aren't 1 shot from their role PM, and thus wouldn't make such a statement to me this makes me more likely to think comm is a townie
TwoInAMillion
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:29 am

Post by TwoInAMillion »

the odds improve as townies are lynched but that's not a winning game plan.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:29 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 60, havingfitz wrote:
In post 27, Almost50 wrote:
In post 7, Hongzi wrote:11 is one of my favorite numbers

VOTE: havingfitz
VOTE: Hongzi

Get off the hero that won the previous game for the town (as in the last game we played together, not the same setup)
:oops: :oops: :oops:

VOTE: Gamma Emerald
Didn't like post 21. Encouraging town to fakeclaim enables the option of scum claiming mason and not getting cc'd as real masons won't know if fakeclaims are town or scum.
I was just spitballing ideas pal. Probably wasn't the best idea in hindsight.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:33 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 83, Almost50 wrote:That's it. I'm never gonna vote fitz ever in this game.
Why?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
jzhenson93
jzhenson93
Townie
jzhenson93
Townie
Townie

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:35 am

Post by jzhenson93 »

In post 96, TwoInAMillion wrote:the odds improve as townies are lynched but that's not a winning game plan.
That would also improve the odds of scum shooting a mason.

Honestly, as much as having some kind of algorithm to approaching the game would be helpful, I'm not sure that there are any possible plans that would give us a higher probability of winning other than good old fashioned scumhunting. Taking the guesswork out of the game like that greatly reduces the amount of content in thread to draw reads from, allowing scum to hide behind "following the plan."

Return to “Completed Open Games”