Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:20 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 996, Lalendra wrote:There's a reason I said "only". I would have to do a lot of rereading to find the most likely scumpartners with Mop if it wasn't either sheep or dino, because those are the scumpairs that I have felt the most strongly about. Plus, if Momo/Kop are caught scum, it doesn't very much matter who their partners are.

p-edit: I thought you were saying "incorrectly scumread you" to Dino, if that wasn't what you meant then disregard my point entirely.
My phone fucked shit up.

If need be I can clarify.

I phone post a lot more so I try to catch that shit but sometimes whelp.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:21 pm

Post by Lalendra »

In post 998, MathBlade wrote:Cy is scum because of the lack of hammer.
I still think that you're discounting the possibility of "town won't hammer because if they do Dino will deathtunnel them" when it comes to the lack of hammer. We can't afford deathtunnels on D2 because two mislynches means scum win.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:22 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 998, MathBlade wrote:
In post 994, Mathdino wrote:Mathblade please comment on me and Sky sitting in the thread together listing out all the possible scumteams and what makes sense or not.
Okay. I feel it is spam.

Cy is scum because of the lack of hammer.

I am at work. If in the absolute extreme case cy flips green then worlds matter. Right now it just doesn’t and there is no evidence to the contrary.

As I said before either you should be voting cy or explaining why cy is town to you.
Are you confident enough such that you'd be willing to do the "lynch me if I'm wrong" thing? Because if Red/hyung doesn't back down from us, it looks like we might get just one shot at this.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:23 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 1001, Lalendra wrote:
I still think that you're discounting the possibility of "town won't hammer because if they do Dino will deathtunnel them" when it comes to the lack of hammer. We can't afford deathtunnels on D2 because two mislynches means scum win.
why the fuck would i ask people to hammer and then deathtunnel them for doing just that

hilariously, red's entire case against me is that he thinks i was trying to trick him into hammering
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:23 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1001, Lalendra wrote:
So because Dino is a loud player we shouldn’t lynch the most likely player to be scum? Wtf?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:29 pm

Post by Lalendra »

When it means that being wrong equals two town lynches and losing the game, it warrants careful consideration, is my point.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:30 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1002, Mathdino wrote:
In post 998, MathBlade wrote:
In post 994, Mathdino wrote:Mathblade please comment on me and Sky sitting in the thread together listing out all the possible scumteams and what makes sense or not.
Okay. I feel it is spam.

Cy is scum because of the lack of hammer.

I am at work. If in the absolute extreme case cy flips green then worlds matter. Right now it just doesn’t and there is no evidence to the contrary.

As I said before either you should be voting cy or explaining why cy is town to you.
Are you confident enough such that you'd be willing to do the "lynch me if I'm wrong" thing? Because if Red/hyung doesn't back down from us, it looks like we might get just one shot at this.
I am confident enough it won’t be necessary but if a Day 2 does happen that people will evaluate the Lynch data and find the scum. :)
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:33 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1005, Lalendra wrote:When it means that being wrong equals two town lynches and losing the game, it warrants careful consideration, is my point.
Yes. It does.

And so far there is no “cy is town” reason given

Only excuses to lynch someone else.

Unless someone gives a reason for re-evaluation really wordy begging to Lynch someone else is all it is.

There has to be a convincing case to get another person to be more likely.

Right now I see what if what if waaaaah go look at this shiny toy.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:36 pm

Post by Lalendra »

I don't need to make a case for Cy being town, I know our alignment and any argument from me (other than what I have already given) would be utterly unconvincing, so at this point I'm stepping out of what is, at this point, a pointless exchange.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:40 pm

Post by Mathdino »

People on the lynch wagon:
Math team, sheep team, momo, Sky
People not on the lynch wagon:
Red team, Kop, Diamond

Why are people not hammering cy?

If cy is scum:

Red team: Either scum with Lacy or are too deep in tunnel mode on me.

Kop: Either momo is purposefully flirting with death and they're scum with Lacy, or Kop has completely fucking checked out of the game too hard to hammer.

Diamond: Either this is an elaborate play by Sky to ultimately break up the Math/sheep townbloc today, or Diamond is just being a stubborn ass.

If cy is town:

Red team: Honestly this lowkey clears them. They're probably just in tunnel mode.

Kop: Doesn't want to get speedlynched tomorrow for hammering (thanks Diamond).

Diamond: Is holding out for more towncred, or just being a stubborn ass.

I don't really know why I wrote this up. Just had the idea of weighing scenarios in my mind.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:38 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

Thanks for calling me a stubborn ass. It's flattering.

Anyways, I'm not hammering cy because I just don't SR cy really at all.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:39 pm

Post by Mathdino »

You're welcome <3
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:53 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In fact, your presence this entire game has been extraordinarily flattering. It's a wonder you get lynched as town so much when you have such charisma! :lol:
In post 921, DiamondSentinel wrote:Math, are you even reading? [this was, ironically, a complete misreading of what my point was]

1. No PT fuckups.
2. "setting up non-Mop lynch tomorrow" Mop is literally my most likely lynch if sheep is scum.
In post 741, DiamondSentinel wrote:Whatever. I'm kinda done dealing with this.
When/if you lynch me, I hope for your sake you're scum, or else you need to never play mafia again
, considering you're making up reasons to lynch me, and are now going back and forth on your reads on me and your partner.
In post 736, DiamondSentinel wrote:Read (as much as it pains me) The Mod is Mafia. That was my exact sentiment there,
kiddo
. Don't act like you can case me like you can everyone else on-site. I'm convinced that a town that would mislynch me is just laying down and letting the mafia walk all over them.
In post 669, DiamondSentinel wrote:It's a gut read,
kiddo
. Just like I've got you in a gut-town read, despite everything, she's in the same boat right here.
In post 663, DiamondSentinel wrote:In other news,
Sky, stop fucking wagon hopping. It's hard enough for me to deal with this wagon without you floundering
here and there.

(Oh, also, Math,
would you stop sucking at reading me
? This is 3 games in a row you've misread me completely)
In post 661, DiamondSentinel wrote:Kindly don't lynch me while I'm asleep.
Bitch move
. And the rest of the town, if someone does hammer me overnight, please lynch them with fire tomorrow. kthanks
In post 620, DiamondSentinel wrote:2.
Have some good sportsmanship, kiddo
. Random lynching isn't sportsmanlike. It's just boring. See: Most every other post I made on the topic.
In post 322, DiamondSentinel wrote:1. Try to actually scumhunt. Don't rely on slips or whatever. Slips
never
actually happen. Not almost never.
Never
. Additionally, stop trying to think this through logically. Mafia is a social game. Social interactions, are by their very nature, illogical. Rather, rely on your gut to determine who is scum and who is not. Your subconscious is a lot better at discerning people's nature than your conscious brain. That's why I'm still wishy washy about my vote on you.
I can't tell if you're just ick town, or truly scum.

2. Just because someone's playstyle doesn't strictly align with yours does not make them scum.
I detest your playstyle, and how you insist on relying on logic alone
, completely removing the social aspect from the game, and it seems that you feel similarly about my playstyle. That's fine. You can refuse to align yourself with my playstyle, and I am going to do the same anyways. Relying on private topics for inconsistencies or scumslips just
doesn't work
. So I refuse to take part in it.
In post 313, DiamondSentinel wrote:I'm done playing your games, Dino.
I thought you were just dumbass town
, but now I'm convinced that you're scum grasping at whatever straws you can get.
In post 137, DiamondSentinel wrote:
Now shut the fuck up
about random lynching and actually play the game. If you want to rando-lynch,
go to fucking Vegas
In post 87, DiamondSentinel wrote:I'm not discrediting you. It's just that if I wanted to just go with sheer randomness, I'd go to Vegas. The mentality that "they disagree with me so they must be scum" is
absolutely fucking stupid
, and for someone who's played mafia as long as you have
to say that is absolutely pathetic.

Also, when you addressed my partner with the whole "They bus when applicable" thing, scum do that in every game. Welcome to the game of mafia, kiddo.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:54 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Is "kiddo" your catchphrase? How old even are you?
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:57 pm

I am prone to emotional outbursts. Working on that. Also, yes. I do tend to say kiddo a lot, especially when I'm annoyed/exasperated with someone.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:00 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Vote Count

cytheflyguy (6) - Toranaga, Sky_Paladin, Mathdino, sheepsaysmeep, Mathblade, momo
Mathdino (3) - hyung, RedFlavor, Lalendra
sheepsaysmeep (1) - DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel (1) - cytheflyguy

Not Voting (1) - Kop

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline for day one is January 25th 7PM PST in (expired on 2018-01-25 19:00:00)
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:25 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1010, DiamondSentinel wrote:Thanks for calling me a stubborn ass. It's flattering.

Anyways, I'm not hammering cy because I just don't SR cy really at all.
If you don’t scumread Cy tell me why you don’t.

Or better yet tell me why Cy is town.

Otherwise it reads “help! Cy is my buddy”.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:19 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Otherwise it reads “help! Cy is my buddy”.
This is not really true. Cy has been at L-1 for quite a long time, with my vote there, with both Kop and Naga having posted in the thread and able to hammer at any time. The argument that Cy/Sky is the scum team doesn't really hold any water.

I think you could potentially argue that we're scum and therefore know that Cy is town and are unwilling to hammer, but if you believe that, you need to move your vote.

Your alternate option is to consider that our slot is simply town and Diamond is angry that your slot/sheep aren't doing what he wants to and he is unwilling to budge on this.

However it ultimately doesn't matter. The game will lynch even if there is no hammer (see rules) but I'd rather not wait nine days.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:26 pm

Post by Mathdino »

I think it entirely holds water. I haven't been shoving it down people's throats because it's kind of derivative and honestly I expected him to be hammered by now. But yeah, if this wagon loses steam I'm gonna be EXTREMELY worried about Lacy/Blue. This is the ideal theatric for you guys to play to shake off that suspicion. To some extent, I'm defending against what I think I'd do as scum.

Tora is already voting. Kop isn't paying attention. Red/hyung are tunneling us.

Diamond is really the only option for hammerer tbh.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:36 pm

MathBlade, the thing is not that I see them as town. It's just that I
don't see anything that screams "I'm scum" in their ISO
, and I see even less in their partner's ISO, and the fact that you keep pressuring for people to read Cy while ignoring Lalendra is ringing a lot of bells in my head.

Dino, I know my own alignment. Scum can't bus at L-1, especially considering that I could just flippantly throw a vote on Cy. Therefore, that leaves Red as the last alternative for a scumteam with Cy. If you want me to hammer, you need to not only convince me that Cy/Lalendra are scum, but also that they're a teammate for Red!team.

Make your case.
“Why was I chosen?'
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:43 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Tora is already voting
Oh, so he is. I've missed that this whole time and been waiting for him to come in and hammer.

So it's Diamond or Kop, who came in just to proddodge, and now we're waiting another 72 hours ugh.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:44 pm

Post by Mathdino »

@Diamond: I fundamentally disagree with that and the literature of previous games in which scum DID bus at L-1 (and also the fact that
the wiki literally advises scum to bus each other up to L-1
) completely proves my point. You're acting like scum is full of idiots.

I'm not making a case for Lacy/Red. I'm, to some extent, townreading Red. Honestly the fact that they jumped the fuck off the Lacy wagon is the only thing implying scum to me (scum with Lacy).

I think Lacy/Mop is far more likely. momo's not playing his town game, Kop is useless, Lalendra doesn't seem to give a shit if she's lynched (or give a shit about advising town on scumhunting after her lynch), and cy is AWOL after a major LAMIST performance early on, which strongly appealed to you because it was basically "Shut the fuck up about random lynches, Mathdino, and let's get the game going", and then proceeded to not participate in the game.

Also what? When have I pressured people to read cy over Lalendra? My whole argument for a long time has been on Lalendra.

You're so weirdly deep in tunnel mode that you're missing shittons of details (which my ISO is practically a catalogue of at this point), are rigid in what you consider scummy ("well, sheep/Dino are locktowning each other, so I guess scum in this setup don't vote each other"), and are doing literally nothing to convince anyone else of YOUR case. Because look at you, you're always right, and if anyone suspects you for being shit at town, they must be shitheads or scum.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:47 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Does anyone want me to provide evidence of scum running each other up to L-1 in order to win this setup?

I mean if you have an ounce of imagination for scum plays you'd see it, but if you don't, I'm happy to appeal to the empiricists in the bunch. That goes to Mathblade too, who seems to think scum won't vote each other.
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:48 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Welllllllllll that does make Math's view a bit clearer. I thought there was three options for a hammer but there's really only one.

Diamond, I think we need you to hammer and have a big satisfying I TOLD YOU SO if Cy flips green.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:50 pm

Post by Mathdino »

It's more about the fact that if he doesn't flip I'm going to be forever paranoid of a master Lalendra/cy/Sky/Diamond play.

Like, sure, Sky sure looks like he wants someone to hammer cy, but scum!Sky also knows his partner won't hammer, and Diamond literally just threatened Kop into not hammering.

I can't really continue with this without that flip. I'll totally accept an I TOLD YOU SO since this wagon started from complete arbitrariness.

Return to “Completed Open Games”