Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:09 pm

Post by momo »

Hey guys....

will read tomorrow and catch scum

I think I've been playing better recently, I hope y'all see it to

Anyway
momo out

p.s. if any of you could nominate me for the title most mislynchable momo, it would mean a lot to me. Same with a scummy nomination.

(I am only sort of joking...going to watch netflix now)
Transcend
-BUT READING MOMO I FEEL LIKE HE IS THE PLAYER THAT IF HE GOT PRESSURED AS TOWN HE WULD BE LIKE FUCK YALL AND MOVE ON WITH WHATEVER ELSE HE WAS DOING
Boonskies
- Like, Momo is the most mislynchable player on all of mafiascum right now. I'm not day 1 lynching him.
TheGoldenParadox
As it stands, momo is a great player or maybe the most mislynchable player on the site right now
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:10 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Vote Count

cytheflyguy (3) - sheepsaysmeep, Mathdino, Toranaga
sheepsaysmeep (2) - Sky_Paladin, DiamondSentinel
Kop (1) - Lalendra

Not Voting (6) - cytheflyguy, Kop, RedFlavor, momo, manrock, Amrochora

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline for day one is January 25th 7PM PST in (expired on 2018-01-25 19:00:00)
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:10 pm

Post by Mathdino »

goddammit i like momo and he probably replaced into a scumslot
whyyyyyy o RNG

PEdit: momo the correct play is to actually not play well so you should be good dw
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:11 pm

Post by Mathdino »

momo wait

the mod linked you to a lover topic

please describe what happened in it

we all already claimed lovers
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:14 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

MisaTange replaces Amrochora
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
MisaTange
MisaTange
Goon
MisaTange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:17 pm

Post by MisaTange »

sup ya dudes!
"Tell me what you see, tell me. Is it scary? I hope it is, in fact, I hope it scares you to pieces."
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:17 pm

Post by Mathdino »

hey misa before you post

same question goes to you

please explain EXACTLY what was in your lover topic

as soon as possible
MisaTange
MisaTange
Goon
MisaTange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:19 pm

Post by MisaTange »

just the dude im replacing saying "hi" and nothing else

made me laugh as soon as i opened it
"Tell me what you see, tell me. Is it scary? I hope it is, in fact, I hope it scares you to pieces."
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:25 pm

Post by Mathdino »

k my slot is locktown

momo's is probably scum

gonna clue you in

reading is pointless and is probably anti-town

just vote whoever i/sheep/Tora vote and you should be good

VOTE: cytheflyguy
(already voted this but i'm reiterating it)
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:27 pm

Post by Mathdino »

there's a tl;dr of the entire game in my ISO somewhere, i think or something

so that way you can skip the walls

if you're really curious, and you're a bit sadistic, this game could actually be pretty entertaining, so feel free to read it for entertaining

i wrote like 60 lines of code for this shit so
MisaTange
MisaTange
Goon
MisaTange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:34 pm

Post by MisaTange »

it feels weird not commenting on the whole "should we diceroll-lynch" thing, the whole point of not having the luxury of scumhunting via associations is a good point. on normal games, you can look at, for such examples, like who hard-defended who, and on mafia wins on this setup, never knowing if what they hard-defended is mafia, and i'm starting to think town does scumtell at least once.

i forgot who meta-read math, saying smth like "I don't think Math will propose this as town", but do you think Math would hardpush an idea that is gaining a lot of resistance?

VOTE: cytheflyguy
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:39 pm

Post by Mathdino »

that person (Lalendra, lovers with the guy we're voting for) apparently no longer scumreads us

but yeah thanks for agreeing with me

altho based on a random sampling of the mafiascum population i'm guessing you wouldn't have agreed with me if you didn't already know i'm coming from a pro-town standpoint

just remember if sheep changes his vote and i'm not online, change your vote and i'll follow suit
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:39 pm

Post by Mathdino »

unless he votes us in which case this whole plan is shit outta luck tbh

c'est la vie
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:50 pm

Post by Mathdino »

ACTUALLY WAIT

Can you help me sort people into "town" and "not necessarily town" piles? My strategy (and yours because you're not getting rid of me) entirely relies on sheep/Tora being locktown, because obviously sheeping them if they happen to be scum would no matter what lead to a loss (scum won't vote them and neither will we).

Scumhunting is scummy but townhunting is townish is my motto. Would be nice to have a partner in
crime
stopping crime.

Basic questions are
do you see any good reason that sheep/Tora shouldn't be considered town?

And
do you see anyone that would be a better candidate to arbitrarily treat as locktown and sheep?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:53 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Absolutely no one else should comment on this conversation. If I could have it in private I would. It's actually really weird to me right now being able to trust someone in this game.

But yeah if you comment on this conversation I'm gonna have to assume you're manipulating me and my lover and thus should burn. sorrynotsorry
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:42 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Dino why in earth would you ask people not to comment in a game that is already desperate for activity.

We have only a few pages of content and I strongly urge new players to read them because it’s the only information we have right now.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:43 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

his strategy is literally to random quicklynch and have no conversation
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:44 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

math gives misa trust too easily
do i reconsider this read
yes i do he's still town
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:45 pm

Post by Mathdino »

misa is my fkin lover :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:46 pm

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

lol
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:50 pm

Post by Mathdino »

I don't want anyone to comment because I don't want my or Misa's townreads to be influenced by potential scum.

Sky loses massive points for doing the one thing I asked him not to do lol.

If you guys wanna keep have a conversation with each other, by all means do so. I just don't want you to butt into my conversation with Misa.

This game would be a lot more interesting with daytalk tbh.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:52 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 177, Mathdino wrote:62. manrock: How does dicelynching actually help?
67. Mathdino: Cuz it's easy for scum to force 2 mislynches. sheep sheep.
71. sheep: Wtf u on abt
73. Mathdino: I pathologically break setups.
77. Mathdino: The longer the day goes on, the more time scum has to distance from each other and make associations impossible. Speedlynch whoever some random townie wants to lynch pls.
79. Sky: Why play if you're just gonna dice lynch? Also votes should be accountable.
80. Sky: This is basically a hydra game and we're looking for scummy hydra interactions. Also my lover is Diamond and we weren't sure whether to claim.
81. Lalendra: Math is probably scum, I don't like his aggression/vibes and he wouldn't random lynch as town.
86. Mathdino: Lol scum tryna discredit me. Scumhunting is super unlikely to work in this setup. Sky/Diamond could be scum but what the fuck do I know.
87. Diamond: I'm against random lynching on principle, and it's pathetic to say "Those who discredit my idea are scum".
88. Mathdino: Meh, not scumreading you, but not agreeing to a dicelynch means you're not for sure town to me. Not continuing this argument because scumhunting is bad.
89. sheep: Do you have any scumreads Math?
90. Mathdino: We're probably doomed because my ideas can't even handle 1 townteam defection, so we lose majority. Also scumreading Lal/cy, nullscum Sky/Diamond, townread Finn/Kop.
91. Diamond: Your idea isn't necessarily wrong, I just don't wanna play that way. Sheep people if you don't actually care about scumreads.
92. Mathdino: That's what I'm doing.
93. Sky: Town could just disagree with you because it's a bad idea. We should hold people accountable for their votes. And get better scumreads.
96. Mathdino: This isn't a regular game. Evidence shows scumhunting is bad.
97. Mathdino: I know town COULD disagree. Just saying that scum is FORCED to disagree because my idea hurts scum.
98. Sky: Please explain why VCA isn't worthwhile in this game. Also random lynching twice is likely to hit town both times.
101. Diamond: I'm sexually attracted to Sky. [jk, you still paying attention?]
102. Mathdino: Town has a horrible winrate, which indicates standard scumhunting is worse than random lynching. And here's a bunch of math to prove it. And it'd be idiotic for me as scum to suggest an idea that 7 times out of 10 makes scum lose.
103. Sky: Random lynching is likely to hit town on both D1 and D2. I'd take those odds as scum.
104/105. Red: *incorrect math that I can't really summarise because it's wrong enough that idk where he went wrong*. Also scum can just rig the dice.
106. Lalendra: You're statistically right, Math, but I still like scumhunting more. Would you vote your scumreads over what the dice say? Also what are you scumreading people for exactly?
107. Mathdino: *shows my work on the probability side*. Also dice roller can't be rigged.
108. Red: *correctly points out an error in Math's calculations*
109. Mathdino: You don't know what I'd do as town, Lalendra, and ongoing game isn't representative. Also if we had more days, scumhunting would be great, but we have 2, and we're more likely to hit town by scumhunting. Also I'm not scumreading people for disagreeing with me, I'm just not-townreading them.
110/111. Mathdino: *corrects the error in my calculations, but it doesn't change the result*. brb writing a python script for this game.
112. Red: Scum could just not actually roll the dice and say they did.
113. Mathdino: No the forum has a built in dice roller, they can't.
114. Lalendra: But Math is suggesting that whoever rolls the dice not include themselves on the random list. Scum then benefits. Math's approach benefits scum.
115. Mathdino: Yeah but I'm suggesting sheep/Tora roll the dice, not me.
122. sheep: The people who disagree with you could just be town who think your idea is bad. Thoughts?
123. Mathdino: They're honestly just likely to be scum by PoE. Your call on who we lynch.
128/133. Diamond: Let's lynch Mathdino today and then random tomorrow. Probability of hitting scum with Mathdino is the same as random lynch.
129. Red: Math's probably town because scum wouldn't suggest an idea that helps town.
134. Mathdino: The very fact that you can get a lynch on someone makes them more likely to be town, because scum helped you with the lynch. So whoever you lynch (especially if it's me) is likelier to be town than scum.
135. Mathdino: I'm guessing that the town winrate of a D1 scumhunting lynch then a D2 random lynch would be around 50%.
137. Diamond: I'll take those odds. Let's play the game. *says so abrasively*
138. Mathdino: Yeah I crunched it to exactly 50%. Also, rude. I've been giving reads bro.
139. Lalendra: Wait, but sheeping someone you townread isn't actually random, it's only random TO YOU.
140. Mathdino: Sheeping a townread is the closest to a random vote I can personally get. Random lynch won't actually happen.
141. Mathdino: I coded the setup, random lynch wins 60% of the time. If we PoE out a town lover pair, it's 70%.
142. Lalendra: Fair points, but the reason no one is sheeping is because there haven't been actual good concrete reasons for any reads yet.
146. Sky: Okay, random lynching is viable. But do you actually wanna do that? Cuz I don't. Did you talk to your lover about this? Diamond should be less abrasive.
147. Mathdino: No I didn't. And I get that no one wants to random lynch, so I'm doing the closest I can.
148. Sky: Doesn't make sense for Math to be scum if he's pushing this idea all by himself. Also why townread sheep/Tora?
149. Diamond: Sorry for being abrasive. I still don't wanna random lynch.
152. Mathdino: I didn't say sheep/Tora are high quality players, just that they're town because *tone* and *reasons*. I'm sheeping them because their vote is equivalent to a dice roll.
156. cy: This conversation is stupid, we need to end it. Let's take it to a vote. I vote not random lynching. Also Math could just be scum excluding himself from the random roll.
157. sheep: No I'm the one rolling
In post 158, cytheflyguy wrote:I'm sorry, but I don't care if Jack the Ripper himself is coming back from the dead and rolling. I just want to play mafia not Economics Wonderland
161. Mathdino: Let's not vote. My idea already lost. I'm just gonna sheep a guy and scumhunt when asked. Also sheep's reads are shit but that's kinda the point.
162. Mathdino: Also, this being a game of majority rules is exactly why scum wins this setup all the time. Too much scum in the town, sways the majority.
163. cy: I just wanna get on with the game. I agree scum influences the majority, and we can watch out for that as we scumhunt. That + PoE = win.
164. Mathdino: I understand, but a couple scum strategies nullify scumhunting. The history of this setup is evidence that scumhunting is bad. If you have a good scumhunting strategy that's never been tried before, I might agree with you.
165. Red: Oh shit let's have Math roll the dice [sidenote: I never suggested that I roll the dice lol]
166. cy: I'm townleaning Math, not sure on Red, not sure on anyone.

The rest you've probably read.
Totally NAI, but I fucking love you as a player.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:53 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 225, momo wrote:Hey guys....

will read tomorrow and catch scum

I think I've been playing better recently, I hope y'all see it to

Anyway
momo out

p.s. if any of you could nominate me for the title most mislynchable momo, it would mean a lot to me. Same with a scummy nomination.

(I am only sort of joking...going to watch netflix now)
Oh my god I saw you and got scared I posted in the wrong game. Holy shit my heart can't take that. I'm still getting over something still. Don't do this to me.
cytheflyguy
cytheflyguy
Goon
cytheflyguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:57 pm

Post by cytheflyguy »

In post 203, Lalendra wrote:I literally just had a conversation about how I will always be scumread because of my posting/playing style. I hate it

p-edit: That's going in my sig lol
Omg same. We were meant to be <3
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:01 pm

Post by Mathdino »

i'm just gonna point out that absolutely no one read my tl;dr all the way through and i know this because of an easter egg i put in it

Return to “Completed Open Games”