Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:14 am

Post by Almost50 »

WELL DONE, BOYS (AND GIRLS) :P

@Mathdino: YOU ROCK, my friend. :lol:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:16 am

Post by yessiree »

Dead QT: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/37hEKYGfM2hG

Mafia may release their PT if they wish
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:20 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

In post 1823, Mathdino wrote:Creatscum+Redscum was kind of an autoloss for that team.
I can't speak for fitz or my team mates, but I think the fact that my red slot swung from scummiest to towniest just because I was more active than my predecessor. I don't know how many games you've played as scum before Red, but you were making some of those classic newbie scum mistakes.

You were too opportunistic at times, too quick to buddy alongside a noisy player's case, and didn't add much of your own thoughts to the game. You tried to be inconspicuous... in the most conspicuous way possible. Being good as scum takes practice. I think it's safe to say that everyone has a steep learning curve - claimed bomb my first scum game... Boy did that backfire on me spectacularly...

I would say that because this game had a good chance - especially after D1 when the 2 NKs came in - of scum looking like town because of the SKs presence. Instead of hunting for suspicious town, Mafia could've hunted for the SK - a little like actual Werewolf where you don't know who you're buddies are - and pulled off looking like town. It's what I did. Granted, I pinned my suspicions on the town cop. Whoops. But you get the picture.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

BE LOUD! BE PROUD! BE ANTI-TOWN!
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:21 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

@Mod - If I'm considered Mafia, I'm cool with it.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:22 am

Post by Impede »

In post 1824, AnonymousGhost wrote:Even though my faction didn't win, it was such an achievement to go from scummiest slot to towniest!

Because I was obviously doing something right to be getting town read from an almost impossible situation.
You were outstanding tbh. My earlier comment still stands. Would be delighted to play with you again.

And for that matter everyone in this game. Outstanding job all!
Town: 5-1 | Scum: 0-1
Permanently on a mental V/LA
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:24 am

Post by Impede »

In post 1826, Almost50 wrote:@Mathdino: YOU ROCK, my friend.
Yup. This.

Wish we would've seen more A50 play this game. RIP. Great job though!
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:24 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

@Impede

Same here! :D
Talk Fast, Think Faster

Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:26 am

Post by Impede »

Can we also just recognize how good some of those night actions were?

Kop played his role quite well imo.
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:27 am

Post by yessiree »

I definitely think JK9++ in general is scum-sided, as evidenced by town's win rate on the wiki page.

I thought the town win in this setup could be attributed to several factors, several town members played a solid town game, the inactivity of both mafia members, and the (un?)fortunate sk kill on a mafia slot :lol:
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:29 am

Post by Impede »

In post 1834, yessiree wrote:I definitely think JK9++ in general is scum-sided, as evidenced by town's win rate on the wiki page.

I thought the town win in this setup could be attributed to several factors, several town members played a solid town game, the inactivity of both mafia members, and the (un?)fortunate sk kill on a mafia slot :lol:
Yeah. We were at an advantage to begin with I think. And a little luck with that SK kill doesn't hurt.

I think it's hilarious that Ghost towned it up so hard that she got her slot killed by SK.
AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:34 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

In post 1835, Impede wrote:I think it's hilarious that Ghost towned it up so hard that she got her slot killed by SK.
Same here~ XD

I did feel bad for Gamma though.

After the slot got shot though, I think that that was guaranteed a town win. Too many people had played a good town game to where fitz could hide among them without being noticed.
Talk Fast, Think Faster

AnonymousGhost
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
AnonymousGhost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:37 am

Post by AnonymousGhost »

In hindsight of Kop's gameplay now that his role is revealed a lot of those actions make sense from a PR perspective! Big props to Kop for playing his role to the "C"! Literally!
Talk Fast, Think Faster

JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:41 am

Post by JaydragonKing »

At least I can finally say I got a town win under my belt. I had to die night one for it, but I did it. You guys sure as heck can't say I didn't leave an impression here though.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:43 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 1837, AnonymousGhost wrote:Big props to Kop for playing his role to the "C"! Literally!
JaydragonKing
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
JaydragonKing
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:26 pm

Post by JaydragonKing »

I find it sad that even after all this time until the very end, I thought Impede was the SK.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:36 pm

Post by Mathdino »

A50: Great play D1, solid reads, felt you did go a bit heavy on the "I'm a PR" department when you probably could've gotten me shot instead.

Ghost: Scum MVP for absolute certain. I'm not actually sure why fitz shot you other than the fact that I basically told everyone to never lynch you. Your mistake might've been doing a little too much in a multiball :P. I also had a lot of suspicion from your entry (being mostly IIoA) but you ended up looking like tryhard town and your replace-out was INCREDIBLY townish.

Assembler: Hasn't posted in 2 weeks, pls prod.

Creature: Weak scum effort but did well at distancing himself from Red early on, which is really all he had to do.

havingfitz: You were fucked by a combination of PoE and a bunch of tells as to your mindset that I cased on last page. I didn't think I could actually SK-hunt until I read your ISO and realised "holy shit this is exactly what an SK ISO looks like". Subtle differences. On the whole you played well though; could've won if not for shooting Ghostie.

Hawk: Not sure how you made yourself so obvtown when your voting record wasn't all that obvtown, but you did, which is mainly what you needed to do. PoE'd yourself solidly out of the lynchpool.

Impede: Proves once again his reads are awesome given more time, while simultaneously proving that he somehow manages to be scummy when coming at things from a totally town mindset. Could probably be less defencive :P

Jay: yessiree pretty much speaks my thoughts in the dead thread. Your lynch was primarily one of policy; I didn't actually think you were scum but we needed a lynch. I think in an alternate timeline you definitely could've turned your game around and completely refocused the town on obvscum Creature without having to claim vigilante. Your read was good but you only gave it when people forced you to, and that's why you were run up.

Kop: Laid low, kept himself outside the NK-pool while not getting bad enough to actually lynch. Essentially correct PR play.

momo: Some good shit. You weigh yourself down a little with moon logic and crazy scenarios, but you always project a town mindset and I think with more information your reads improve by a lot.

sheep: Ya gotta stop with the spamming. It works in games where a lot of the players spam but you have to read the room. I'm sure half the people that lynched you did it out of annoyance more than a super solid scumread. And the fact that you didn't read or pay attention to the game (while being hyperactive) and then OMGUS'd really hurt your case. When you were with it, you had a good head on your shoulders tho.

Screen: Bit over-the-top with the no-nonsense threats, but I do think both hammers were basically correct play and helped move the game along. Nice game-ending vote.

Una: I think I already gave all my advice to you during the game! :P

@Mod
: Thanks for hosting! Moderation was great and the replace-outs were both appropriate and prompt. I do think in retrospect that JK9++ is pretttty scumsided but now we know xD
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:46 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 1840, JaydragonKing wrote:I find it sad that even after all this time until the very end, I thought Impede was the SK.
My prior experience with him was pretty essential to my read. I'm glad I survived long enough to stonewall that lynch option.
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:23 pm

Post by yessiree »

I'm pretty sure we can all agree that Mathdino is the town mvp for this one for his efforts

but I do wonder if this meta will make it easier to catch you as scum though
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:29 pm

Post by Mathdino »

I fear that too, but I also prefer town leadering anyway (as actual town lol), and I don't think I have enough of a scum meta for people to quite tell the difference yet.

I don't like being wrong and I do a lot to make sure I'm not wrong. It's hard to be right when you're scum! :D

But thanks! Of all the games I was playing during this one's run, I was definitely most invested here. Super interesting dynamic between the players. Plus the initial advantage we got (Creature scum) against a scumsided setup was a huge motivation to pick up a rare JK9++ win.
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:53 pm

Post by momo »

Called Creature+RedFlavor D1
Transcend
-BUT READING MOMO I FEEL LIKE HE IS THE PLAYER THAT IF HE GOT PRESSURED AS TOWN HE WULD BE LIKE FUCK YALL AND MOVE ON WITH WHATEVER ELSE HE WAS DOING
Boonskies
- Like, Momo is the most mislynchable player on all of mafiascum right now. I'm not day 1 lynching him.
TheGoldenParadox
As it stands, momo is a great player or maybe the most mislynchable player on the site right now
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:53 pm

Post by momo »

But congrats math..in awe of this performance
Transcend
-BUT READING MOMO I FEEL LIKE HE IS THE PLAYER THAT IF HE GOT PRESSURED AS TOWN HE WULD BE LIKE FUCK YALL AND MOVE ON WITH WHATEVER ELSE HE WAS DOING
Boonskies
- Like, Momo is the most mislynchable player on all of mafiascum right now. I'm not day 1 lynching him.
TheGoldenParadox
As it stands, momo is a great player or maybe the most mislynchable player on the site right now
Assemblerotws
Assemblerotws
Goon
Assemblerotws
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:48 pm

Post by Assemblerotws »

In post 1841, Mathdino wrote:Assembler: Hasn't posted in 2 weeks, pls prod.
XD
Srceenplay, good job as my replacement.
Math, you were amazing this game. I would love to have you as a player or reviewer in any of my games.
Show
Check my wiki for my meta.
"Yeah, when I see an intelligent paragraph, I'll know it's Assemble" -Jay
"I thought Assembler was quite good. I was surprised he was the NK because he's often in the lynch pool, but tunnelling scum will do that to your life expectancy!" -ffery
"assemble GOAT mod" -Mulch
"Anyone who plays with assemble knows silence is NAI" -Maki
Impede
Impede
Goon
Impede
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:48 pm

Post by Impede »

In post 1845, momo wrote:Called Creature+RedFlavor D1
I can’t believe our D1 wagons both hit scum. Like wut

Also, second (third? fourth?) that Math is MVP
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:54 pm

Post by Mathdino »

In post 82, momo wrote:
In post 31, RedFlavor wrote:OpenWolfy

VOTE: Jaydragon

This makes it 9 votes and since there is 60 people and 23 is the majority it is L - 55
VOTE: RedFlavor are y'all losing your touch...vote this
Credit to momo for tonereading an RVS vote!
In post 157, Mathdino wrote:Long deadlines benefit scum. I'll support extension only if there are replacements or we seriously need input from certain players.

I don't like RedFlavor's last post. Seems opportunistic.

VOTE: RedFlavor

As good a place as any to start a non-policy wagon.
Credit to me for pushing it! :P
In post 161, Impede wrote:Red, seems to me that momo’s frustration was genuine. He seemed annoyed that town would multi-vote since it only makes the game confusing.

The flip side is, it’s probably a decent reaction test to make it look like someone got hammered. So I disagree somewhat, but he at least seemed to be genuine.

Pedit: Momo makes a good point about the Jay wagon. This makes Red look bad. However, I don’t like momo’s confidence in townreading A50. Seems contrived.
Credit to Impede for having a good gut but being waffly about it! :giggle:
In post 173, Mathdino wrote:a quick lolcase
to be clear my previous read on red was based off tonereading which is horseshit compared to motivation reading

Spoiler:
In post 17, RedFlavor wrote:
In post 16, Almost50 wrote:VOTE: RedFlavor

They fled the last game and left us wandering in the darkness. It's payback time.
I don't remember that game but it is probably howl or magic girls
VOTE: almost50
This is almost definitely affected by my confbias of now scumreading Red but
this is weird, it's like he's going through the motions of throwing out a random vote. No fake-RVS reason given, just a vote.
In post 95, RedFlavor wrote:I don't think that Mathdino is scum because posting reads this early will start a discussion and a scum would not do that. The part where he says "he speaks like a player and not a townie?" is kinda weird tho

btw I also don't know anything about anyone except una, I played my first game with him however it was like 4 months ago and I forgot about that game (on purpose :evil:).
Earlier I called this surface level scumhunting and then assumed that people who do that are just bad town. I haven't seen further evidence of Red being bad town so I consider this terrible reason for calling me town (followed by lowkey throwing shade at a supposed townread) kinda scummy.
In post 100, RedFlavor wrote:kop's questions to mathdino about others and himself seems ok and townie.
And other people are null
BTW, I have 3 finished games here but I played a few games on other sites
Scum's best tool is divide & conquer. Kop's whole thing was "wow posting a reads list this early, seems forced". I see Red encouraging this on purpose to fan that conflict.

Tbh if Kop is scum then Red is probably not scum with him but we have no information so fuck pre-flip associatives.
In post 156, RedFlavor wrote:It was RVS and double votes were under the VC. You could easily check if they were double votes and I dont know how it is bad for town. For kop, he dont really try hard to look like town like momo did in his post. What I think is momo is trying to look townie here because he is scum.
VOTE: momo
A dumbass vote after we just had a whole discussion about momo-lynchbait. Opportunistic, voting someone for calling something else anti-town. "He's trying to look town" is the most basic reason possible to call someone scum.
In post 156, RedFlavor wrote:
In post 148, Almost50 wrote:
In post 92, BigFinn wrote:What's up humans?
This is Finn's entire ISO! Assemble also posted once, but -at least- he said something game-related.

Let me lead by example

VOTE: BigFinn
Yes he have been really quiet and it started to becoming suspicious
Again fanning the flames. BigFinn will probably get replaced, Lynching All Lurkers isn't really a helpful discussion to have.

Basically I haven't seen a single good thought from RedFlavor so far, but I see a lot of thoughts and baseless reads thrown around.

On reread, this isn't gonna be very convincing because you guys will literally just disagree with me on what's a pro-town discussion to have. But at the very least this tells you where I'm at.

my wagons are awesome, sheep meeeeeeee
AND CREDIT TO ME FOR MY LOLCASES ALWAYS BEING RIGHT :lol:

Return to “Completed Open Games”