Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:36 pm

Post by Beefster »

A hammer drop would be great right about now.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:59 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 1875, Maxous wrote:Again, Athena's focus is overly narrow imo.
She focuses on Errant and only focuses on others when directly asked. Same behaviour on Day 2.

I'm okay with this lynch, I think it's the right choice.
Disagree. Today I'm simply stating where my main suspicions lie. Day 2 I undoubtably focused on more people than just EP – you should know this yourself, given my questioning of you.
In post 1876, Thor665 wrote:Two questions naturally seem to stem up from this;

1. How is Max 'nonchalant' and EP is 'not nonchalant'? COuld I get a short list of who isn't being nonchalant and a description of how they're being nonchalant? (this feels like bogus reasoning to me so I want to understand it better or be able to showcase your inability to describe it in order to attack you)
It's just gut for Max, honestly. He's never seemed to express any sort of concern at his own loss or initiative to stop something from happening (namely, if he were scum, both of his partners getting lynched). It's not really something that I consider in my read on anyone else because it really only stands out for Max (although you could call EP's reaction when RC switched to tex an example of being "non-nonchalant").
2. I note you touting a number of examples of Max listing Tex and HWS as scumreads Day 1 as a reason not to scumread him.
I'll note that, despite these reads, he wasn't ever *voting* either of those slots. He was voting EP. How does that affect/not affect your read of him?
That kind of weakens my reasoning on max!town, honestly.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:04 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 1878, Beefster wrote:
COA wrote:
What kind of scum derails a mislynch to bus? That is the dumbest possible strategy.
You're not getting what I'm saying. EP wasn't "derailing" the texcat wagon to bus – he was hopping off of it to have his vote on a scumbuddy when the day ended (in the moz lynch). Nothing about it is a dumb strategy in the slightest – I'd say it's a fairly good strategy.
Why not just fence-sit the moz mislynch? Why would he be so aggressive toward texcat?

Your logic doesn't add up. Aggressive bussing is actually a terrible strategy. Going out of your way to make sure you have a vote on a scumpartner you don't intend to lynch is silly. Aggressive bussing usually comes back to bite you in the ass.
I still think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. Go back and read day two – nothing about what EP did was "aggressive bussing". I'm saying that he
wanted
the moz wagon to go through and for nobody else to vote texcat except for him that day. Again, I don't see what's silly about it in the slightest – it was a play for better associatives and VCA.
COA wrote:
I don't see how this scum!EP tex bus makes any sense. It's a dumb move because WIFOM and bussing almost always comes back to bite you in the butt. EP is clearly not this stupid... We could get into WIFOM here, but we have room for 2 mislynches and I'd say EP's third on the chopping block anyway.

More votes on COA.
"Because WIFOM"? I don't think you actually understood what I was saying.
The only reason to bus is because you think that nobody else would do it, when it's actually one of the first "sneaky" things people think of. Most people who bus do so badly. Most of the time it backfires at some point. Add to that the consequences of being down one mafioso and you realize that bussing isn't all that clever.

If scum!EP is employing WIFOM-based bussing, it will bite him in the ass before he has a chance to win.
It wasn't mean to be a bus, that's what I'm saying – read . EP never intended for tex to get lynched from his vote on her.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:05 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

@Thor, can I hear more from you on your Max read?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:02 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1904, CultOfAthena wrote:@Thor, can I hear more from you on your Max read?
Like what?
I've explained it already and am not hiding deeper/better evidence for a surprise reveal later.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:47 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Nothing important is happening
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:57 am

Post by Beefster »

In post 1906, Flubbernugget wrote:Nothing important is happening
That's why we need a hammer. We're not going to get anywhere at this point until we get a flip even if COA is town.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:10 am

Post by Thor665 »

Well, to both Beef and Flubber I offer these thoughts;

If nothing important is happening, maybe it's because a large number of the players in the game aren't trying to do much.
Maybe if, say, you really want a lynch to go through you should try engaging the people not voting in favor of the lynch to assess and/or dismantle their reads preventing them from hammering.
This would create action and intrigue aplenty.

Or, alternate thought, show up every 48 hours and whine about nothing happening, that may work also.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:28 am

Post by Errantparabola »

Thor and Beef are doing all of my defending for me, mwahaha.

I think
VOTE: Maxous
is the play.

If this is a townflip then I think the lynch is actually between Athena and Thor.
Athena is correct in that I am not confident that her lynch ends the game.
Still willing to hammer her if someone L-1s and will do so when that happens.
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:53 am

Post by Thor665 »

If you agree that Athena's core suspicion of you is correct then why do you think she's likely to be scum exactly?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:54 am

Post by Thor665 »

Also, just because you're the only one selling it - how do I look like scum?
Like, if I look like scum, then like Moz should look like scum too, yeah? Why do I and he doesn't - the logic for clearing one of us is the logic for clearing both of us, no?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:56 am

Post by Thor665 »

And actually the logic for me is even stronger, because I had the ability to mislynch Moz if I was scum and walked away, and he never got into that position with me.
So that makes your stance even more odd.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:01 am

Post by Errantparabola »

er, yeah. you on the texcat lynch completely slipped my mind. You're with Beef. Sorry.
In post 1910, Thor665 wrote:If you agree that Athena's core suspicion of you is correct then why do you think she's likely to be scum exactly?
??? Athena has expressed many reasons why I'm scum. Furthermore agreeing with her on this does not necessarily mean that she isn't scum? My reasons for that are independent of her case on me

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:16 am

Post by Maxous »

Are we getting cold feet on the Athena lynch?
She did nothing but double down on EP earlier in the day and now she just pretended to engage with Thor about a read on me because the Errant push has lost steam.
She should of been analysing my play at the start of the day like everyone else.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:05 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1913, Errantparabola wrote:er, yeah. you on the texcat lynch completely slipped my mind. You're with Beef. Sorry.
:neutral:
In post 1913, Errantparabola wrote:
In post 1910, Thor665 wrote:If you agree that Athena's core suspicion of you is correct then why do you think she's likely to be scum exactly?
??? Athena has expressed many reasons why I'm scum. Furthermore agreeing with her on this does not necessarily mean that she isn't scum? My reasons for that are independent of her case on me
She has expressed many reasons why you're scum.
None of them are actually scummy reasons - in fact, thinking you're scum is something a lot of people are doing.
Your case on her feels very thin to me (everyone's case on her feels very thin, frankly) can you describe why you think it's such a good case?
In post 1914, Maxous wrote:Are we getting cold feet on the Athena lynch?
She did nothing but double down on EP earlier in the day and now she just pretended to engage with Thor about a read on me because the Errant push has lost steam.
She should of been analysing my play at the start of the day like everyone else.
I can think of multiple people who handwaved you off as town.
Not sure why she's the scummy one of that particular subset.

What's scummy in doubling down on EP but then potentially deciding you might be scum exactly?
If you had the bigger wagon than EP, yeah, I'd get it - but your wagon is only little ol' me - what's her scum plan there exactly? To get off the easier to push wagon onto a harder one with less support?
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:45 am

Post by Maxous »

Because she only doubled on the EP tunnel and didn't even consider anyone else. I don't remember anyone else being so singular. Which at this stage of the game you should be weighing everyone against the dead scum and general reads. :left: That's a blind tunnel at best..but I think it's just scummy.
EP wagon is dying and despite me having only one vote now, it's clear my lynch isn't off the table
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:01 pm

Post by Beefster »

In post 1909, Errantparabola wrote:Thor and Beef are doing all of my defending for me, mwahaha.

I think
VOTE: Maxous
is the play.

If this is a townflip then I think the lynch is actually between Athena and Thor.
Athena is correct in that I am not confident that her lynch ends the game.
Still willing to hammer her if someone L-1s and will do so when that happens.
Okay... So why is Thor on the chopping block now?

This post pretty much flipped my read on EP 180 degrees.

VOTE: ErrantParabola
Athena and Maxous are next.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:02 pm

Post by Beefster »

That's L-1, BTW
Get to know a meat boy
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:24 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

can't wait to be yelled at by the dead thread for playing like shit ;)

--implosion
provided
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:22 pm

Post by mozamis »

so Ep, once again, gets off the mislynch wagon and votes for someone who aint getting lynched. And I'm pretty sure I was his next suspect after Cult in his last big post? So the vote for Max is nonsense.
This guy is scum.
Someone hammer and we win.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:27 pm

Post by mozamis »

hang on, i may have slightly mispreppe dhim there. whethe rhe has actually got off a mislynch wagon and onto another safe wagon before, i'm not sure. I was thinking of how he safe bussed Tex and didnt move his vote.
Anyway, point still stands - he is running scared of Cult flipping town. And even if he DID have good reasons for changing his mind, logically he should have vote for me, not max.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:23 pm

Post by TesXX »

Klick has received his third prod and is now being replaced.
Vote Count coming soon.
Last edited by TesXX on Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:23 pm

Post by TesXX »

TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX