Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:52 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

The "change" was literally just me no longer arguing with Thor if you actually look at the course of events.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:54 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 224, Flubbernugget wrote:Thor voting for me after "not pushing me" because they're interested in me vs tex interactions is some absolute weaksauce
Anyway, this is still plenty enough reason that my wagon is bad.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:49 pm

Post by Beefster »

In post 299, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 275, Beefster wrote:
In post 269, CultOfAthena wrote:Texcat has done nothing to make me remember that he is in this game.
Care to have actual reads?

I feel like most of your opinions/reads have been sheeped and you're just pointing things out and not making conclusions on them. It's like you're deliberately remaining neutral to keep your options open.
Which of my opinions have been sheeped? If anything, other people have been sheeping me this game on things I've pointed out. Also, again, a playstyle point rather than an alignment point – anyone actually reading my posts can tell that I have actual reads.
Pfft. A call for details. Maybe I'll rustle some together. If I feel like it. I don't think I feel like it.

Hiding your reads in the details of your posts is a cop out. If I have to read your posts in detail to understand your reads, that means there is more room for interpretation, meaning you can retroactively make them mean whatever you want when it is convenient. That, and not all of us have the kind of time or attention span to catch every detail or the memory to remember them all. (but the latter is a minor point)
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:10 pm

Post by Beefster »

@COA/follow-up: I don't have any examples of you sheeping reads because you don't have any actual reads. It's mostly stuff like "I see what you're saying about player X" and "I don't like X from Y" (which is usually after other players have said basically the same thing), but none of this is concrete opinion of "I think X is scum/town"

VOTE: CultOfAthena
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:15 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 302, Beefster wrote:Pfft. A call for details. Maybe I'll rustle some together. If I feel like it. I don't think I feel like it.

Hiding your reads in the details of your posts is a cop out. If I have to read your posts in detail to understand your reads, that means there is more room for interpretation, meaning you can retroactively make them mean whatever you want when it is convenient. That, and not all of us have the kind of time or attention span to catch every detail or the memory to remember them all. (but the latter is a minor point)
For starters, I never said they were "in the details" of my posts – I said that anyone
just reading
what I'm saying can obviously see that I have reads.
Next, are you making the point that I don't have reads, or are you making the point that my reads are too hard to discern?
If it's the first point then the fact that you apparently don't have the attention span to read posts with (on average) 300 words or less is irrelevant to whether or not those posts actually have reads in them.
If it's the second point, that's your problem and not mine – like I said, there's really not a lot of ambiguity as to what I'm saying.
In post 303, Beefster wrote:@COA/follow-up: I don't have any examples of you sheeping reads because you don't have any actual reads. It's mostly stuff like "I see what you're saying about player X" and "I don't like X from Y" (which is usually after other players have said basically the same thing), but none of this is concrete opinion of "I think X is scum/town"

This is literally just flat-out wrong. Completely, utterly,
verifiably
wrong. It seems like what I was saying earlier about your reading of the thread being superficial was right on the mark.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:21 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 301, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 224, Flubbernugget wrote:Thor voting for me after "not pushing me" because they're interested in me vs tex interactions is some absolute weaksauce
Like what?
In post 303, Beefster wrote:@COA/follow-up: I don't have any examples of you sheeping reads because you don't have any actual reads. It's mostly stuff like "I see what you're saying about player X" and "I don't like X from Y" (which is usually after other players have said basically the same thing), but none of this is concrete opinion of "I think X is scum/town"
Hey dude, if your issue is she's sheeping reads, and she counters that she's not - and you come back with 'well, okay, you aren't but you're still scum because 'x'"

Then something is screwy with your logic here, yeah?

Also, assuredly I have "sheeped" one of Cult's reads that was totally original when she came up with it.
So how is sheeping her scum strategy exactly?
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:37 am

Post by TesXX »

PenguinPower has requested replacement.
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:49 am

Post by TesXX »

Official Vote Count 1.4

Maxous
(3): PenguinPower, Bellaphant, Errantparabola
Bellaphant
(2): Maxous, mozamis
Flubbernugget
(2): texcat, Thor665
PenguinPower
(2): CultOfAthena, Moneybags
CultOfAthena
(1): Beefster
texcat
(1): Flubbernugget

Not Voting
(2): HeWhoSwims, Klick

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2018-01-24 20:00:56)
Last edited by TesXX on Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:53 am

Post by Beefster »

In post 304, CultOfAthena wrote:
In post 302, Beefster wrote:Pfft. A call for details. Maybe I'll rustle some together. If I feel like it. I don't think I feel like it.

For starters, I never said they were "in the details" of my posts – I said that anyone
just reading
what I'm saying can obviously see that I have reads.
In post 304, CultOfAthena wrote:Next, are you making the point that I don't have reads, or are you making the point that my reads are too hard to discern?
A little bit of both. There are a few people I think you have opinions on, like me and maybe flub. As far as I can tell, you mostly have been making observations and asking questions but not openly stating what your conclusions are. Ultimately, this is the issue I have with you and the fact that I can't tell what your reads are from reading your posts just amplifies the problem. Thinking openly is a big part of finding scum. A little accessibility goes a long way- for more than just those of us with attention issues- due to the curb cut effect.
In post 304, CultOfAthena wrote:like I said, there's really not a lot of ambiguity as to what I'm saying.
Then help a brother out and prove me wrong. It isn't all that obvious to me. Maybe I'm just a moron with borderline ADHD.
In post 304, CultOfAthena wrote:

This is literally just flat-out wrong. Completely, utterly,
verifiably
wrong. It seems like what I was saying earlier about your reading of the thread being superficial was right on the mark.
Then verifiably prove me wrong. Give me your reads. Plain, unambiguous, out-in-the-open reads. Give me some conclusions instead of just observations and questions.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:00 am

Post by Beefster »

In post 305, Thor665 wrote:
In post 301, Flubbernugget wrote:
Like what?
Hey dude, if your issue is she's sheeping reads, and she counters that she's not - and you come back with 'well, okay, you aren't but you're still scum because 'x'"

Then something is screwy with your logic here, yeah?

Also, assuredly I have "sheeped" one of Cult's reads that was totally original when she came up with it.
So how is sheeping her scum strategy exactly?
The sheeping thing was just how I remembered it. When I looked over ISOs, it was more like "I agree with this"

Maybe there
is
something screwy with my logic. I'm just trying to make sense of what my gut is telling me.
Get to know a meat boy
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:08 am

Post by Thor665 »

The most valid issue I see you bringing against her is you're unsure of her reads.

The answer to that is not to vote her.
It's to ask for her reads, and *then* if there's an issue voting her, yeah?
Why are we burning time on this?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:09 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Cult - please state your current reads.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:31 am

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 266, CultOfAthena wrote:Hm, I feel like my posts are getting ignored here. I also didn't get really get any responses that I'm satisfied with from my questions. Is it my posting style?
I feel like this question comes from scum a lot under pressure. Responds to a single one-off vote from Beefster with a flurry of posts, questions about why she's being ignored, classic "it's not me, it's my playstyle" line... idk, seems like a disproportionate reaction.

Yeah flubber, it did answer my question. I guess. I've since forgotten where I was going with that.

--

Just a thoughts dump:

Right now I'm in a place where I have a small pool of people who I think are probably possibly town and a bunch more people who I would just be okay voting. I'm struggling to find cohesion within that lynchpool but there's not really a high standard for that D1 anyway.

It seems like Maxous is a low impact vote despite the people on the wagon, because no one's really going anywhere with it, including me. I can wait and see where Athena/Beef goes. I'd also be willing to flip thor but would also prefer to wait. I get a sense that he's consciously trying to be the biggest player in the game, I don't know how I feel about that.

Definitely Bella is a good vote. Throws out opinions without thought put behind them, weak attempts to interact with key points in the game in the early stages. It sounds like a bit of a dumb reason, but it's plausible with this kind of dense game, where I think scum can potentially find it really hard to work themselves up to being a key player when people are already engaging with each other at this level. (Haha I know, look at me with my 4 posts.) But also why Athena, if scum, might find herself particularly frustrated when no one engages with her.
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:12 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 312, Errantparabola wrote:I get a sense that he's consciously trying to be the biggest player in the game, I don't know how I feel about that.
You shouldn't get a sense of that.
I'm blatantly doing it.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:44 am

Post by Errantparabola »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
TesXX
TesXX
Mafia Scum
TesXX
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:55 am

Post by TesXX »

Transcend replaces PenguinPower. Welcome!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:00 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 314, Errantparabola wrote:¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Then why bring it up at all if it's meaningless to you?
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:02 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 283, Klick wrote:to help at all if she's just said real life went to shit and she will try to post tomorrow? If your goal is just outright lynching her now that makes sense, but if you want pressure on her I don't see how that will hel
just giving her hthe heads up that i dont necessarily believe her. i've seen scumtalkiing ablut dead unts and stuff in this game so yeah...real life going to shit?maybe.maybe not. but yeah, we need a wagon on her.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:10 am

Post by mozamis »

In post 315, TesXX wrote:
Transcend replaces PenguinPower. Welcome!
and clash of egos with Thor begins in...1...2...3 :)

i could go for a cult wagon.
shge was in my town pile. but she DOES seem resistant to giving out reads, and her posts are very wordy but vague.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
Moneybags
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Moneybags
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:17 am

Post by Moneybags »

In post 312, Errantparabola wrote:
In post 266, CultOfAthena wrote:Hm, I feel like my posts are getting ignored here. I also didn't get really get any responses that I'm satisfied with from my questions. Is it my posting style?
I feel like this question comes from scum a lot under pressure. Responds to a single one-off vote from Beefster with a flurry of posts, questions about why she's being ignored, classic "it's not me, it's my playstyle" line... idk, seems like a disproportionate reaction.

--

Just a thoughts dump:

Right now I'm in a place where I have a small pool of people who I think are probably possibly town and a bunch more people who I would just be okay voting.
Coming from just sharing that sentiment, I don't think Athena feeling ignored was under pressure at all, let alone scummy. She had what, one out of the blue vote and she's "under pressure"? Iirc no one but beef had said anything to her. I can't see how this quote can be considered under pressure when the simplier and more likely scenairo is that it's out of frustration.

This remark from you paired with the other paragraph I left included does not sit well with me at all.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:22 am

Post by Klick »

I can confirm that Bella's real life is in fact rough at the moment.

Posts with more content coming tonight. Today's my first day of classes, gonna be busy until they end tonight.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:26 am

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 316, Thor665 wrote:
I didn’t think it was blatant. I don’t know you or how you usually act. That how you always scumhunt?

Moneybags: i do think that Athena felt pressured by Beefster’s vote. I dont think town usually goes into an immediate throwing shade/discredit from what is a claimed gut read (268)

--implosion
provided
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:00 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 321, Errantparabola wrote:
In post 316, Thor665 wrote:
I didn’t think it was blatant. I don’t know you or how you usually act. That how you always scumhunt?
As far as I'm aware this is how I always play.

How is it not blatant?
You're saying that I *don't* overtly appear to be trying to control the conversation and exert my will on the gamestate?
How am I subtly doing it?
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:44 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Little time, big exam, short post because other games are eating time. I'm still townlean on Athena but EP has a good point. It seems like a bit of a weird reaction.

Bigger post tomorrow, hopefully. Welcome Transcend and good luck to whatever you are struggling with Bella! :)
texcat
texcat
Mafia Scum
texcat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:42 am

Post by texcat »

In post 247, texcat wrote:
In post 214, Klick wrote:I'm not comfortable with this Flubber wagon. This feels misguided and fishy.

Looking into this later today.
Ouch. I'm pretty sure Flubber is scum. I'm waiting to see what you find when you look into it.
In post 217, Maxous wrote:not entirely sure if it's playstyle or alignment but texcat is a little quiet.
she's only talking about a select few people.
It's definitely my play style.
In post 293, texcat wrote:
In post 214, Klick wrote:I'm not comfortable with this Flubber wagon. This feels misguided and fishy.

Looking into this later today.
@Klick -- Did you look into this? What did you find?
In post 320, Klick wrote:I can confirm that Bella's real life is in fact rough at the moment.

Posts with more content coming tonight. Today's my first day of classes, gonna be busy until they end tonight.
Following Thor's methodology, I'm going to keep asking about this.

Return to “Completed Open Games”